New to hubpages...

Jump to Last Post 1-8 of 8 discussions (20 posts)
  1. SocialNiche profile image60
    SocialNicheposted 13 years ago

Any advice, criticism, tips would be greatly appreciated.
    http://s2.hubimg.com/u/3950589_f248.jpg

1. Pcunix profile image91
      Pcunixposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Read the Learning Center articles: http://learningcenter.hubpages.com/

SocialNicheposted 13 years agoin reply to this

ok - any ones in particular?

2. SocialNiche profile image60

there now...  nicely organized!

3. SocialNiche profile image60

some really good stuff there.  thank you for the TIP!

as Saleheensblog suggested starting my own thread!

New to hubs...  Check out my hubs and let me know..

My 11th Hub: http://hubpages.com/hub/Power-of-Social … eventually

One that i think I did well:

http://hubpages.com/hub/5-Ways-to-Clean-Your-Colon

What am I missing if anything?

Any help would be greatly appreciated....

Sincerely,

Rich LoPresti

3. Cagsil profile image70
    Cagsilposted 13 years ago

Welcome to HubPages! smile

Your hubs look good. smile

Great!  I appreciate that.

4. lrohner profile image69
    lrohnerposted 13 years ago

Your first hub appears to be unpublished? I couldn't view it.

I did look at your colon cleanse hub. Nice job! Just be careful not to put a picture next to the first text capsule. It's stealing valuable AdSense real estate. I would move the pic down to the second capsule.

Also, one of your Amazon capsules is saying "no products found."

The rest looks really good!

1. Pcunix profile image91
      Pcunixposted 13 years agoin reply to this

thank you!

Ok, that is good advice.  I think all of my hubs have a picture in the 1st text capsule...

I'll have to look for new products!  Thank you -

I really do appreciate it.

5. saleheensblog profile image61
    saleheensblogposted 13 years ago

I like both of your hubs, especially the solid information and nice layout of the capsules on them.I think you already have ideas about keywords, if you don't you should learn about them. I am not an expert but still I think your hub will do better in search engines if you make some changes in the power of social media hub and you need to do better research on keywords. Here is a good tool for you https://adwords.google.com/o/Targeting/ … earch.none
    Keyword research is nothing very easy but the simple ways to choose keywords and apply them are:
    ~choose low competition but high traffic keywords
    ~make the content keyword rich
    ~use some of the best keywords in the title and URL
    ~use some of the most relevant and significant key words in first few sentences that google highlights, do it manually or in summery text.

Than you and Welcome
    Shifa Saleheen

i really appreciate it.. i wasn't looking at keywords.... wanted to have solid information and didnt want to worry.. but u r right i should worry and spend time on keyword research.  thank you for your help.

6. Pearldiver profile image68
    Pearldiverposted 13 years ago

Pretty Brave getting your works scanned in the Extreme Rackover forum hmm

I take it that you have already attended and been cleared by our Virtual Doctor, who should have really had your Social Niche checked out for (STVBBs) Socially Transmitted Viruses and Bed Bugs yikes  hmm

(Just a Hint)
    Make Sure that when you are asked to Squat and Cough for the Web Cam... That You've Got Clean Undies On!! hmm  You'd be surprised how many new hubbers don't yikes  And How Many male hubbers actually wear girl's nickers... yikes I was so horrified that I did a hub on it and embedded the last 150 STVBB Check Videos in it... big_smile

I guess your check-up video will have to be included in the next new members hub! roll  Welcome anyway... I'm Sure we will all get to know you intimately in No Time smile

sooo... did you smell $hit in my undies or.. am i ok.. any guidance would be appreciated.

7. SocialNiche profile image60

any one else have any feedback for me?

1. Susana S profile image95
      Susana Sposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I had a look at your power of social branding hub. You've done a good job smile There are only a couple of things I would change. I would remove some of the links, especially the ones in the first paragraph, there are just too many. I would suggest if you really want text links having no more than 5 throughout the article and personally, I wouldn't put any links before the 2nd ad block.

Another thing I would do is add more sub-headings. The paragraphs are a good size (not too long), but more subheadings would be beneficial to readers.

Just my two cents smile

Nice.  Thank you for the feedback.  Everything you said makes perfect sense.  Thank you I really do appreciate it.

8. SocialNiche profile image60

;(

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)