Yoga for weight loss

Jump to Last Post 1-20 of 20 discussions (29 posts)
  1. nuuunlimited profile image60
    nuuunlimitedposted 14 years ago

are you looking to loose weight, if you are then i recommend YOGA it changed my life...i lost 20 lbs and feel 100% better....anyone out there lost weight with yoga?

Namaste..

<URLs snipped - no link promotion in the Forums>

1. nikki1 profile image61
      nikki1posted 14 years agoin reply to this

I totally agree my friend, I love the way yoga feels. Loosens you up and you can stretch your limbs even more.
      letsbefrienz.

2. clairetjie profile image57
      clairetjieposted 14 years agoin reply to this

yeah yoga is great so silly that i started at such a late period, but it has so helped me with my back pain

3. ceciliabeltran profile image64
      ceciliabeltranposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I lost weight only when I did it pretty intensely, then I gained it back when I slacked off. But my body was better formed. So I guess I gained more muscle.

4. vanessa12 profile image55
      vanessa12posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yes, yoga is a great way to shed weight. Any other form of exercise is also good. smile

5. caroline22 profile image54
      caroline22posted 13 years agoin reply to this

haven't  tried yoga yet sad

2. profile image0
    GLORYposted 14 years ago

Yoga is helpful in keeping weight under control.Breathing exercises are also useful in weight loss and keeping stomach flat.

3. Sue Adams profile image94
    Sue Adamsposted 14 years ago

Yes, yoga expands your movement vocabulary and that is always a good thing. Try the child pose with a fat belly for example, your belly will humbly retreat. The trick though, is to improve one's day-to-day movement habits so there's no need to spend extra time out exercising. I mean once you know some yoga moves, it's fun to just do them when you wake up, or at any other time when you feel like moving and breathing a little better.

4. Cheri Schultz profile image58
    Cheri Schultzposted 14 years ago

Yoga is for me.  I have done it for over 4 years and it can totally change your body, make it stronger, leaner and flexible.

1. nikki1 profile image61
      nikki1posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Couldn't agree more..

5. edguider profile image65
    edguiderposted 14 years ago

Yoga helps allot of aspects in your health. I practice it 3 times a week and start with the salutation to the sun smile

6. LeStar profile image60
    LeStarposted 14 years ago

Well, Yoga is one form of exercise. When it is done together with proper eating habit, then it could be a lot better than slimming pills or any synthetic medicines that induce weight loss. But, when you think that taking artificial weight loss regiments will do then go ahead if you have the money. If you think it could be worthy to be honest in your efforts to do some exercises to sweat out and burn fat then it could be much better.

1. multifunctions profile image60
      multifunctionsposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yogasana work on the internal body organs and nervous system than on the muscles. when it is combined with the pranayam it also work on the circulatory system.
      so the Yoga does not decrease the fat . it is surprisingly regains your natural health and body weight. for example if you are trying Gomukhasana then if you are obese it will loosen your fat. if you are skinny it will increase your weight. the benefit of the yoga is that the body automatically maintains your ideal weight.

7. edguider profile image65
    edguiderposted 14 years ago

Well said LeStar!

8. Mike Lickteig profile image76
    Mike Lickteigposted 14 years ago

I have been adding yoga to a fitness program for about six months now.  I am hardly an expert and still struggle with a lot of gentle yoga, but I am a firm believer in its benefits.  Breathing, flexibility, and inner peace have been the primary focus of my yoga classes, but I have also lost 20 pounds in the meantime, combining yoga with fitness and aerobic training.

1. Sue Adams profile image94
      Sue Adamsposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Well done Mike. I think that every one with a weight problem should try yoga. They will never look back. Yoga puts all your body parts in the right place and when that happens, there simply isn't any room for fat so it humbly retreats. Besides, the best part of yoga is that, unlike torturing exercise machines, yoga feeeeels so good.

9. jackbond19 profile image61
    jackbond19posted 14 years ago

Yes very nice post yoga are heap to weight loss or maintained  body.

10. StephenVagus profile image61
    StephenVagusposted 14 years ago

I was able to lose close to 100 pounds over the course of a year. It was plenty of hard work, of course. I had to make sure my diet was stable and all that, but yoga was the primary form of exercise. I'd seriously recommend it to anyone with health issues that prevent them from other sorts of activities.

11. lawretta profile image62
    lawrettaposted 14 years ago

thanks guys for the tips. i will try yoga out!

1. jackbond19 profile image61
      jackbond19posted 14 years agoin reply to this

You can try yoga but not possible to use Generic Xenical (Generic Orlistat) is a medication used by obese people for the weight loss or to maintain the weight. It is best medicine for weight loss or obesity

12. Anamika S profile image68
    Anamika Sposted 13 years ago

I have written a hub on Yoga for curing different diseases already. Those aiming at weighloss should practice asanas like Paschimottanasana, Halasana, Shalabhasana, Dhanurasana, Sarvangasana and Padahastasana.

13. strutzas profile image61
    strutzasposted 13 years ago

Yoga is one of the best way to lose weight, exercises breathing, stretch your whole body and keeping stomach flat.

14. kalpana_1 profile image61
    kalpana_1posted 13 years ago

Yoga postures and breathing techniques are designed to work on the metabolic rate, as appropriate to individual needs. This based on the concept of 'jathara agni'[the digestive fire] which is stoked through asanas and pranayama.  It is best to work with a qualified Yoga or Ayurvedic practioner.

15. profile image52
    carlashton09posted 13 years ago

Hi everybody, my name is Carl Ashton and I have been a professional martial instructor for 6 years.  I noticed that a lot of parents have many concerns before bringing their kids to a martial art/karate class.  I am trying very hard to put together a report to address any issues or questions that parents have about getting there kids involved in martial arts.  If you would like to help me, please fill out this one question survey   http://tinyurl.com/karate4kids .  I would be very grateful for your help.  Thank you!!

Carl Ashton
    http://members.flycatchergenerator.com

16. profile image50
    cathrinegansyposted 13 years ago

You need to go to therapy to find out what the underlying cause may be. it has to be more than a craving...maybe a hormone imbalance or something medically or mentally out of whack. you need to start exercising and eat fresh fruits/vegies, berries and fiber when you want to eat the junk food.

Force Factor

17. lex123 profile image79
    lex123posted 13 years ago

Regular practice of yoga is very helpful for a healthy living, which includes weight loss too.  Yoga is a daily part of my life.All praise for yoga.

18. jcales profile image54
    jcalesposted 13 years ago

I started doing some yoga from the P90x fitness program. It is difficult but I know it is not the full version that everyone goes through. What I have seen is it helps to sculpt your body and provide flexibility benefits.

19. Daniel Carter profile image62
    Daniel Carterposted 13 years ago

Apparently it's against some people's religion. Hope they're not reading this.

20. dpinoy13 profile image60
    dpinoy13posted 13 years ago

since you strech in yoga do you actually become taller????

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)