IS THERE ANYTHING LIKE REINCARNATION?

Jump to Last Post 1-5 of 5 discussions (23 posts)
  1. Osa Osazuwa-Tosan profile image61
    Osa Osazuwa-Tosanposted 15 years ago

Sone time ago, in my quest for knowledge, I asked the question: "IS THERE ANYTHING LIKE REINCARNATION?'. I want to thank all of those who responded. But I have not yet really gotten what I want since none of the responses actually gave sufficient explanation for their standpoint of "YES" OR "NO".

Please I'm still eager to learn more on the subject. You could be the one to really enlighten me on the subject as I desire to be..

Thanks for your kind attention.

1. Lady Guinevere profile image67
      Lady Guinevereposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Flower Bulbs!  Perrenials are also a form or like re-incarnation.  Nature (which we are a part of and people forget that) has a myriad of ways to prove there is re-incarnation "like"(?) processes.

2. profile image0
      jgrimes331posted 15 years agoin reply to this

Yes, respectfully think there is such a thing as reincarnation.

2. Mark Knowles profile image57
    Mark Knowlesposted 15 years ago

Of course there is something "like" reincarnation. Every time you learn a new fact that changes your perspective you are "born again," and "like" reincarnated.

Plus every cell in your body dies and is replaced (timescale varies depending on the cells) so you are "like" reincarnated every so often.

Plus every atom in the universe is recycled and used to make new structures, therefore every thing is "like" reincarnated.

3. BDazzler profile image77
    BDazzlerposted 15 years ago

Computer viruses are by the old defintions artifical life forms.  They have the ablity to reproduce migrate and mutate, consume food (data) and produce waste indpendantly.

When programmers destroy, re-write  and release them back into cyberspace, that is also "like" renincarnation.  If a virus is partucularly "good" at it's task (ie harvesting credit card numbers)  it may even be "promoted" to a higher and more dangerous life form.

The movie Tron explained this best by antorpohmophizing software. It was also prophetic. The MPC is clearly a prophetic prediction of the coming of Windows.  Windows is a malevolent master control program that ignores the needs of it's users and takes over every aspect of life from power grid control to video games based on it's own twisted logic. neutral

Every new version of Windows is "Like" re-incarnation.

This also, of course, proves that re-incarnation is evil.  Windows is evil. Windows is re-incarnated. Therefore re-incarnation is evil. tongue

1. Mark Knowles profile image57
      Mark Knowlesposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Oh good grief! We agree again. I LOVED Tron. smile

1. BDazzler profile image77
        BDazzlerposted 15 years agoin reply to this

lol

2. Lady Guinevere profile image67

I liked Lawnmower man too.  There are many other movies out there that depict "like" re-incarmation.

Mark,
              Thank you for your sense of humor for if it wasn't for you I think that I would  have gone crazy here or given up hope that there is really laughter in the world and not complete seriousness.

Last night I had a thought come to me abut all this re-incarnation stuff. I have told everyone my opinions and some have told me where to take them and who I really am in their opinions, but then ......................... the thought came to me for those who say that is does not exist and use biblcal verses (IMHO which don't prove anything in reality) to prove their points...........Prove that it doesn't exist.

3. packerpack profile image60
        packerpackposted 15 years agoin reply to this

I know this question is out of context but still, How is the movie Mark? I like these kinda movie. I will go for it if you suggest but it should not be religious smile

Here's a movie review for you and I don't think it is religious:
          http://www.contactmusic.com/new/film.nsf/reviews/tron

2. Mark Knowles profile image57

Awesome film. A classic. A bit dated now, but it is more anti-authority than any thing smile

Which is unusual because if I remember it is a Disney movie.

The similarity between MCP and Windows really is uncanny.

1. Mark Knowles profile image57

Wouldn't know - I went over to the dark side after '98 smile

2. Sufidreamer profile image79
      Sufidreamerposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Even as we speak, a couple of Bill Gates Clones are on their way around to your house, to remove every trace of you, your family and your friends from history. Microsoft is omnipotent, and tolerates no deviation from the Greater Good.

Insulting Microsoft leads to termination smile

Maybe reincarnation is the process of the soul departing at death, and migrating to another body. On the other hand, it could be a metaphor for your physical body breaking down into its constituent parts, to be reused by other organisms.

There is no yes or no - If I find the answer, I will find myself a cave in the mountains, or become an itinerant holy man! smile

Ah, future me, perhaps you have forgotten we are typing all of this from a cave in the moutains even now ... for the internet is truly ubiquitous ... Don't forget our core truth .... life is like a metaphor! big_smile

1. Sufidreamer profile image79

Of course, Past Me - I just asked Osama to pass the coffee. Awfully decent of him to let us share his cave at short notice. big_smile

Once you get past the 'Death to the West and return to a fundamental and oppressive Wahhabist Islamic Theocracy' thing, he seems like quite a nice chap. He knows how to make great coffee, too!

lol

1. Sufidreamer profile image79

Mind you, we really must keep Elvis off the bean stew - no ventilation in here. sad

We have a new friend arriving soon:

http://www.londonstockexchange.com/en-g … D=19034654

Welcome to our humble abode, Allen - You can have the bed next to Lord Lucan wink

4. Madison Parker profile image59
    Madison Parkerposted 15 years ago

Hi,
    I don't know much about the forums, but there are lots of hubs on  the Metaphysical, including reincarnation.  I have written a couple of them, myself.  If you want to start this thread, why don't you just ask the question in a new thread?
    Meanwhile, I've been asking the question in a poll in one of my hubs.  I'm not clear about the forum rules because I don't have time to hang out here!  I was hoping to promote more of a conversation on the subject there.
    Meanwhile, again, let me know if you've found a forum with this discussion; it would be a very interesting discussion!
    Madison Parker

5. WHoArtNow profile image83
    WHoArtNowposted 15 years ago

No one knows for sure if re-incarnation exists, because to do that you would have to die. Yes there are people that claim to be re-incarnations of previous people, but it wouldn't be hard for me to do some research and say I was the re-incarnation of JFK or someone else equally famous. As long as you knew details of his live then you could pull it off.

You may have noticed I'm a little sceptical, but my personal belief is only in things I can see.

Andre

Adults can very well do that--claim to be a re-incarnation of someone else.  The children cannot though and it is the children of very early age that claim they are re-incarnated or lived efore.  Now I would surmize that you would say that they have very active imaginations.  Just what is an imagination and how does one get it .and where does it come from?

I know of a child ,through his mother ... aged five who would say things like "Before I was a little boy I was an air force pilot"  and this child knew things about modern aircraft that five year olds just don't normally know.  His mother didn't know what some of the words he used meant.  What threw me is that the kid seemed to have flown F-15's.  A realatively recent air craft.  When I pursed the matter too agrressivly the mom just shut up and withdrew, becoming understandably protective of her child.

I have a slightly different theory than "re-incarnation" as traditionally defined, though I don't care to share it in public, since I can't back it up with either scripture or experences that any one else would understand (thus I am simply waiting to see what else I learn) ...  my thoughts on this are even more "out there" than re-incarnation.   So, I will at this time, simply admit I don't know and not try to shoehorn this experience into someone eles's mindset.

That doesn't surprise me at all.  It is said that all the miracles of Jesus were not put in the Bible because they wouldn't be able to fit.  The Bible also states that we will do many more and more greater miracles then Jesus did.......Not everything is in that Bible or in scripture.........

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)