What is your favorite fighting technique?

Jump to Last Post 1-50 of 50 discussions (107 posts)
  1. profile image0
    Rieceposted 13 years ago

I personally prefer a head kick or leg kick while striking, and on the ground I love the scissor sweep and omaplata. What are your guy's favorite moves?

1. spkanu profile image59
      spkanuposted 13 years agoin reply to this

i love all my techniques...i practice using all of them is combinations so that i will be able to use which ever one that will be fast, unexpected and effictive...usuall the leading leg hook kick after i sidestep or an retriving jumping spinning difflection kick (wiper kick)

2. wildorangeflower profile image60
      wildorangeflowerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I use my mouth, non stop firing, blah blah blah

2. habee profile image93
    habeeposted 13 years ago

Um, a 12-guage shotgun. We Southern gals don't play!

1. profile image0
      Rieceposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Haha awesome big_smile

3. tony0724 profile image60
    tony0724posted 13 years ago

I use a combnation of jui-jitsu and kung fu. And then I have a heineken !But I usually rely on my wit ! smile

4. Peter Hoggan profile image67
    Peter Hogganposted 13 years ago

Keeping far away from people who enjoy fighting.

5. saddlerider1 profile image58
    saddlerider1posted 13 years ago

Street fighting or in a Do Jang? If it's street fighting you end it quickly, snap kick to the crotch, then a high kneee kick to the face and a head butt. He's done and on the ground. If it's in a Do Jang then you can go freestyle with all the fancy crap. My time of fighting is over, I am a gentlemen of leisure now:0))

6. Sab Oh profile image55
    Sab Ohposted 13 years ago

I've found an arm-drag opens up a lot of options.

1. profile image0
      Rieceposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Definitely. Knee, elbow, head butt, clinch, etc. Only problem is that anybody who knows that they're doing is not very susceptible to an arm drag.

1. Sab Oh profile image55
        Sab Ohposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Depends on  how it is set up.

1. jaynotts profile image59
          jaynottsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Marcelo Garcia pulls it off all the time on some of the worlds best

7. Jeff Berndt profile image73
    Jeff Berndtposted 13 years ago

My favorite fighting style is not to.

8. Wayne Orvisburg profile image62
    Wayne Orvisburgposted 13 years ago

I generally used to hang out with guys nicknamed Ox or Animal etc.. Never really had to pick a favorite that way!

9. kaizan28 profile image83
    kaizan28posted 13 years ago

Easily the most dangerous of all is the dwarf throw move, it can be difficult to pull off, but if done correctly, will clear a room easily.  smile)

http://hubpages.com/hub/5-strange-sports

10. profile image0
    Dipeshbhaiposted 13 years ago

hhhhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmmm.................
    My signature move is the SPEAR!!
    whats the spear it just you sprinting your ass off to your opponent while running bend your back aiming to his or her's chest ;D drive yor hole body to her chest i mean his chest ;D
    he should be crying back to his momma yeah!!

That sounds like a great way for YOU to get thrown into next week or spiked head first into the ground.

11. profile image0
    Dipeshbhaiposted 13 years ago

My fighting style is wrestling.
    trip him over start stomp kick him to the head
    Do some sumbmisions, grab bothe of his leg while he is lying on his back turn him over while holding his legs pull his legs up while sitting him he should be sreaming like mad.
    When ever stop give him time to get up his knees a start bowling him over every time he tries to get up like the SPEAR!!

What sort of wrestling, exactly? Sounds like you've been watching that fake crap on TV.

12. I am DB Cooper profile image64
    I am DB Cooperposted 13 years ago

I've never tried it, but Irish stick fighting always looked interesting.

13. Pearldiver profile image66
    Pearldiverposted 13 years ago

An Osadagari Throw and then they just don't get up yikes

And mate... It's Irish Dick Fighting!  You must have added something to your length in your incorrect translation? hmm big_smile

14. Flightkeeper profile image66
    Flightkeeperposted 13 years ago

A knee to the groin always works for me.

1. ediggity profile image60
      ediggityposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Ouch, remind me never to sneak up on you.

My favorite technique is the one hitter quitter.

15. profile image0
    wademcmasterposted 13 years ago

I think on the street, the groin shot, finger to the eye, swift kick to the fron of the knee, does the job.  MMA wise, some good hooks, take downs and the triangle!

16. Greek One profile image63
    Greek Oneposted 13 years ago

I like deploying a  combination of techniques...

in a given confrontation, I usually use both the duck, and the cover methods

17. profile image0
    BRIAN SLATERposted 13 years ago

running very fast!

18. 2uesday profile image64
    2uesdayposted 13 years ago

Custard pies smile

1. Greek One profile image63
      Greek Oneposted 13 years agoin reply to this

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm let's rumble NOW!!!

no wait.. let me get a coffee first

19. SomewayOuttaHere profile image60
    SomewayOuttaHereposted 13 years ago

...luckily, i don't need to fight and don't have any moves...once i had to 'swing' my purse...it worked well...

http://www.kittenspics.com/images/fighting-kittens.jpg

20. profile image0
    ralwusposted 13 years ago

i carry a club. I can always kick the shin and run too.

21. skyfire profile image78
    skyfireposted 13 years ago

http://lolcat.com/images/lolcats/720.jpg

22. FuzzyCookie profile image74
    FuzzyCookieposted 13 years ago

Kick boxing is something that I love big_smile

23. Shadesbreath profile image79
    Shadesbreathposted 13 years ago

I prefer screaming like a girl and urninating.  Most thugs don't like to step in it, plus fighting a guy who is squealing and peeing is actually more degrading than losing a fight, so they just go away.

24. Jim Hunter profile image61
    Jim Hunterposted 13 years ago

Go for the eyes.

They can't hurt you if they can't see you.

That's a good idea, but the eyes are generally small, moving targets that people instictively protect. Over-commiting to going after them can leave you open to counters.

25. profile image0
    ryankettposted 13 years ago

I have always managed to avoid fights pretty easily, perhaps because I am a good fight talker but a crap fighter. I am too smart to get into a fights to be honest, I lay low, play it by ear. The last real major fight that I had was at 17, I kicked his ass, but it only led to further trouble. Trouble leads to trouble.

1. Pearldiver profile image66
      Pearldiverposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Well....... THAT Wasn't Very Smart Was It?? big_smile roll

1. profile image0
        ryankettposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Nope, but that 'trouble' is probably the reason that I haven't had a fight for 8 years wink

At least not anything worthy of being called a 'fight', a few handbags here and there!

26. DzyMsLizzy profile image86
    DzyMsLizzyposted 13 years ago

Have never had to put into use, but I study Shaolin Kenpo-Karate.  At my age, I think my best self-defence maneuver would be a side-kick to the knee--it they can't walk, they can't chase you.  big_smile

1. Randy Godwin profile image61
      Randy Godwinposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Cool Dzy!  I studied motobu ha shito ru later kotoshu ha shito ru along with kenpo and some jiu jitsu.  Yes, a good sidekick to the knee will do nicely!

1. DzyMsLizzy profile image86
        DzyMsLizzyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Have a bum knee, & sometimes walk with a cane--makes a terriffic weapon, as well!  wink

Indeed it does, DZY!  It's amazing how many different ways there are to hurt someone with a stick other than just swinging it at them!

27. Randy Godwin profile image61
    Randy Godwinposted 13 years ago

In my many years of martial arts training I learned to fight using many different weapons or none at all.  So, it depends on the situation and whatever tool is available at the time. 

The weapon I trained the most with was the knife.  I still have scars from the knife tip on my forearm.  A stick is perhaps the most available weapon in the form of a broom or mop handle.  You can change folks opinion with one of these common items.  Hai!

28. profile image0

up-chucking on an opponent works wonders too.

1. Jim Hunter profile image61
      Jim Hunterposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I can see where that would work.

29. profile image0

a favorite of a coward. big_smile

30. profile image0

I will avoid any arguments with you Randy.

I do not like to fight, Charlie and cannot legally start one.  But it is nice to be able to defend myself if I need to.  I trained to fight two or three people at once.  Not easy at all to do, but after this when you only have to face one opponent it seems like a piece of cake.

How are you doing?

31. profile image0

Fine thanks Randy. Hot here. Relaxed and checking out chit on the forums. Seeing what devilment is going on. big_smile How 'bout you?

107 degrees heat index here, Charlie!  Hard to work out in the sun for very long periods at a time.  Can't stand it like I used to when we cropped tobacco all day long out in it!  God, I hated that!

1. profile image0
        ralwusposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I can relate to that. I recall my days on the farm too. Well, off to bed for awhile. c ya later now.

32. bsscorpio8 profile image61
    bsscorpio8posted 13 years ago

If it is not Aikido of the mind; I like to utilize the axe kick to the collar bone, ridge hand to the bridge of the nose or throat, and or, breakage of the fragile knee with a powerful side kick. Of course you could casually clap the ears for diversion, two thumbs in the eyes works well, as well as, jamming the middle finger down the soft portion of the windpipe. Spitting in the eye is a charm, so is a finger flick to the same region. Top of the foot stomp,elbow smash to the temple...

We ARE talking about self defense...aren't we?

Indeed the ear clap does disorient the opponent.  You can then spin the opponent around and stick your forefinger up his butt hole and quickly crook it.  Thereby preventing him from getting away or turning on you! 

(joking of course)

1. bsscorpio8 profile image61
        bsscorpio8posted 13 years agoin reply to this

The finger up the ass is a good technique for Greko-Roman wrestling; it is called THE SHOCKER!!!!

That would be more applicable to freestyle than Greco, but in any case you'd better hope whoever you're wrestling isn't any good or you would pay for that sort of thing with some serious pain.

Hey, anytime we are close together, or I am behind you, you are getting "THE SHOCKER", whether it be freestyle or Greko-Roman. YOU ARE GOING TO GET THE SHOCKER!!! Now, go smoke some weed, then you wouldn't have to worry about fighting. You would be,"too chill"...man.

Better enjoy that SHOCKER (roll) because if your opponent is any good (and referring to the SHOCKER as your go-to move doesn't suggest you are terribly experienced) you might not have use of that arm (among other things) for a good long while.

If you fight, all you need is a nanosecond of distraction, and one homophobic opponent (in wrestling, if he is experienced, he knows about the shocker and he won't be phased).Who wastes their time fighting anyway? It is all about ending the confrontation with destruction. Terribly experienced? Now you know that's bullshit!!! You must not be a fighter, just a talker.

"If you fight, all you need is a nanosecond of distraction"

No, you need more than that.

"Who wastes their time fighting anyway?"

Mostly young men with too much alcohol and testosterone, or older people who are just stupid and hopeless. Nobody should, but unfortunatley people still do.

"It is all about ending then confrontation with destruction."

Sounds good, if you can.

"Terribly experienced?"

You were talking about wrestling so, yes "terribly experienced."

As for talking vs fighting, at this point down the road I'll take talking anyday.

Train hard, live to love.

Bullies and drunks are the most unsuspecting of destruction, at least with a drunk, you have a chance to flee. Check your ego and you will not have a problem. Play the fool, it always works!!!

33. Mighty Mom profile image77
    Mighty Momposted 13 years ago

My favorite fighting technique is a good old-fashioned tongue lashing!

34. manlypoetryman profile image78
    manlypoetrymanposted 13 years ago

My favorite technique would be reaching for my holster while unsnapping it and pulling back the hammer at the same time.

http://www.arttraffic.co.uk/system/images/1226/large.dirty_harry..jpg

35. Mighty Mom profile image77
    Mighty Momposted 13 years ago

LOL, ralwus. I can just hear you:
    Do you feel lucky? Well do ya punk?

36. tony0724 profile image60
    tony0724posted 13 years ago

Yelling at somebody up close after a Heineken and two cigarettes. Works everytime ! smile

37. Ben Evans profile image65
    Ben Evansposted 13 years ago

It is better to walk away than to fight.  It is actually one of the hardest techniques to master.

In a way, you are correct, Ben!  If you truly learn how to kill a human being with your hands, it tends to make you think twice about using the ability.

The great, great, great majority of those who claim to have learned how to kill a human being with their hands never have come close to doing so and are just talking theory (if not outright LARPing).

Got a link to this info, Sab?  LOL!

Just go to www.haveexperiencedlife.com for all the info, or think for a minute how many yahoos claim to be able to kill a man with their bare hands (or to teach anyone to do so) and consider how many of them are likely to have ever really killed a man with their bare hands.

Heck, go to the first ten instructors you can find who claim to be able to teach such a thing (even with weapons if you like) and ask them directly if they ever have. You will get a lot of jive about what they could do, or some unverifiable tale about what their teacher's teacher did in some war or bad kungfu movie scenario or other, but I doubt you'd get one in ten who even claimed to have done so, and that would probably be something you'd have to take his word for anyway.

Under most circumstances it should not be something you'd want to do anyway. The only people who get an automatic benefit of the doubt for such claims are military and LEO, and they don't generally do what they have to do with their bare hands either.

In conclusion, I'd put anyone outside military/LEO at a 98% likelihood of being a LARPer who makes such a claim.

2. bsscorpio8 profile image61

It is a mind set. You have to be ready to die, or have no fear. If you truly are one with "the way"  you understand this. It is not for the sake of vanity. It doesn't hurt to be a little "psycho", that too is a weapon'

Not to be too contrarian here, but that particular 'way' had the force of immediacy for those who lived in times and circumstances where the likelihood of death was a daily reality. There certainly are places and circumstances like that in the world today, but the people trying to survive them are probably not posting on HP.  Even in what we like to think of as 'warrior societies' of the past, periods of lasting peace tended to relegate that 'way' to abstract philosophy, and for us the T-shirt slogan it is for most today.

Aikido of the mind bro. Aikido of the mind. The art of non-fighting. When you are at one with "the way', you know what you are capable of unleashing, or you are ready to die. Having to use what you know is the last thing on your mind.

You read my post above, right?

You know what you are capable of unleashing when you have unleashed it, not before. You know you are ready to die when you have faced death, not before (maybe not even then). I think some people mistake a sense of drama and imagination for something else.

You mean the one where you were being contrarian even though you did not mean to be? I don't know where you live, but the likely hood of death is always looming where I live. It is not called Bloodymore, Murderland for nothing.

Everyday is a good day to die.

2. Sab Oh profile image55

And not always the best idea.

1. Ben Evans profile image65
          Ben Evansposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I have been a brawler in the past.  I have been a wrestler and I have played football.  I have not fought in 10 years.  If somebody wants to give me no choice then that is their problem.  Every fight that I have been in, I have had a choice to participate or walk.

I think with all the fighting on tv everyone is an expert.  I personally don't care anymore if people think I am tough or not.  I am not going to stick my chest out.

That's the right attitude, IMO. My point was just that walking away isn't always an option. It usually is and should be if one is aware of what's going on before hand, but  not always. 

Where'd you wrestle?

Columbine Junior High in Montrose Colorado and Billings West High School in Billings Montana.

Walk away? Nobody even knows I am there, that is why I said mental Aikido. I am the "passive whimp". Martial Arts is the way of my life, I pity the fool who puts his hands on me, until then, I am just a goof. I wrestled at Randallstown Sr. High in Maryland. I never used "THE SHOCKER", though I do know about it. Walking away is always the best alternative, that or either having no fear of killing or being killed, there is a thin line. It is a mind set.

When angry some people don't care and you are correct it is often more of a mindset then it is technique or anything else that puts a person ahead of another in a fight. 

I put my temper behind me as opposed to in front of me.

With that said, "I know I would not like the shocker."

Well you can always RUN!!!!!!

You cannot always run.

A lot of good wrestling programs in MD as well.

"Columbine Junior High in Montrose Colorado and Billings West High School in Billings Montana."

Some good wrestling programs out that way. Must have been a valuable experience for ya.

2. Diane Inside profile image73
      Diane Insideposted 13 years ago

I will not fight anyone just for the sake of fighting in an argument, but if attacked watch out. I throw punches, claw with my finger nails, pull hair, kick in the groin if its a man, whatever works. I'll do anything I can to subdue the attacker.

3. profile image0
      Onusonusposted 13 years ago

The hit and run. Thats where you sucker punch them and run away as fast as you can.

4. SomewayOuttaHere profile image60

http://www.cartoonstock.com/newscartoons/cartoonists/tzu/lowres/tzun655l.jpg

5. SomewayOuttaHere profile image60

guess i'm gettin' tired and should go to bed....

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_9GHoR-RJLy8/SHi7AG76-8I/AAAAAAAAFdY/4Wi68q7E80U/s400/Cmon_PutUpYourDukes.jpg

6. profile image0
      wademcmasterposted 13 years ago

Good Old fashion right cross or left hook, good knock out punches!

7. profile image0
      kimberlyslyricsposted 13 years ago

pistol whipping smile

8. waynet profile image67
      waynetposted 13 years ago

I use the tiger fist monkey crane bikini blubber buster style technique and I find it works for me big_smile

9. profile image0
      SwampDonkeyposted 13 years ago

I show them my Donkey Kong! wink

Im a lover not a fighter  big_smile

10. ripples profile image59
      ripplesposted 13 years ago

Kick on neck, groin and finishing punch on nose from beneath.

11. LeanMan profile image80
      LeanManposted 13 years ago

Just break out the wife and she talks them into submission..

12. akirchner profile image91
      akirchnerposted 13 years ago

Making someone laugh - if they wet themselves, they can't fight.

Seriously, I prefer not to fight but if forced into it, kick in the groin and run!

13. wildorangeflower profile image60
      wildorangeflowerposted 13 years ago

pulling the hair of both men and women ...  smile

if no hair then, pinch pinch pinch then run away!

1. leeberttea profile image56
        leebertteaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yes but what if he likes that?

2. Zebedee353 profile image60
        Zebedee353posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Too funny wildorangeflower.

Myself I prefer the style of C-R-A-Z-Y. This seem to work a lot.

14. shape_shifter profile image61
      shape_shifterposted 13 years ago

The art of fighting without fighting...

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
    Necessary
    HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
    LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
    Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
    AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
    Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
    CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
    Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
    Features
    Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
    Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
    Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
    Marketing
    Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
    Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
    Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
    Statistics
    Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
    ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
    ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)