What is your view?

Jump to Last Post 1-6 of 6 discussions (16 posts)
  1. Cagsil profile image70
    Cagsilposted 13 years ago

Hey Hubbers,

Seriously folks, what is your view? How do you see things?

It appears as if many people have the same opinions, to aspects of Life and I am curious to see what mixture we have here on HubPages.

So, with that said- I'm of the understanding that you can only have two views.

Since we live in a world of duality, you would have good and bad and so on...

The bottom line is that there can only be two views- truth and lie.

There is no in between. Part truth is not whole truth, it's just not having all the facts to complete the truth. If uttered by words, makes them lies, because not everything is known.

Just like "facts"- they change with new facts. The new facts don't eliminate the old facts or dismiss them, but adds onto them.

Reality is unfolded by things created and/or discovered. The knowledge of the world as we know it now is all knowable. The "facts" of our knowledge is just that- facts for our present time. Facts are stepping stones to new facts.

And, if you really want to bust your brain- just remember, when you look at things with more than two views- you are mixing "white" and "black" to make "grey". And, as everyone knows- grey areas are always deceptive.

Just my thoughts. You're more than welcome to post your thoughts.

1. brimancandy profile image77
      brimancandyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You post falls outside of what a majority of the world wants to hear, which appears to be a yes or no answer, or a right or wrong answer. Nobody seems to care anymore about descriptive answers, and prefer that we share our responces in 20 words or less.

My short reply to those people can be said in 3 words, which are.

Go BLEEP yourself!

Your question kind of follows everything I have said in the past about looking for a job, as we are living in a fill in the blank society, which is one reason why hubpages is so great, because we have all found a place where people actually care what other people think, and we are not obstructed by saying only what someone is looking for.

Unfortunately, a lot of people like employers are only looking for what they want to hear, and not what anyone has to say. As you put it, it's way to "grey" for them to care.

Good post!

2. dutchman1951 profile image60
      dutchman1951posted 13 years agoin reply to this

I think you have a point here. I mean you are speeding and a cop stops you. The fact that you were honestly trying to get away from a mad man in traffic by pulling ahead, and getting off the exit to get away from the danger of that road rage, it does not matter. the Cop caught you as you came of the freeway. and its yes or no to your insurance co. when they raise your rates for the next 3 years, you were speeding or not. So you hire a sleezy lawyer to get you off.

Even though the truth is a much different reality. We live in a gray world, held to yes or no standards, and people act  so superior and suprised if you ever tell the truth about yourself that you could not be honest 100% of the time, to protect yourself.

Its a yes or no world that is dis-honest, closed to facts.

Cagsilposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Thank you Dutchman. I appreciate your input. smile Hope things are well. smile big_smile

2. Cagsil profile image70
    Cagsilposted 13 years ago

Thank you for your input. Much appreciated. smile

3. wilderness profile image95
    wildernessposted 13 years ago

I would have to disagree with you, Cagsil.  I live in a gray world - there are relatively few black and white answers. 

In the world of science much is indeed black and white, but not all.  Is a bacteria, using photosynthesis to support itself (and perhaps a host such as a clam or coral) a plant or animal?  Or neither?  I don't know, but suspect the answer is a special definition all by itself as it seems a gray area.  Where does the sun get it's power?  Hydrogen fusion? Only in it's youth - it gradually changes to other fusion reactions, giving many answers, all right.

In particular, the field of social questions (almost anything involving people) is nearly always gray.  There is seldom a "good" or "bad" answer; it is always gray.  Should assisted suicide be allowed?  How about abortion?  What is "evil" (or "bad" if you don't like that word) and what isn't?

1. brimancandy profile image77
      brimancandyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Your answer is actually what a majority of normal people would expect to hear when it doesn't matter. However, when it comes to people who are seeking a specific answer, like back when they tried to figure out if the earth was flat, I think your answer would have been passed up to be accpeted by the person who said. "it's round."

But, we all no the earth isn't perfectly round is it. But, there will always be an agruement over wether it is or not. But, it is no longer about wether it is flat, it will be more about over how round it is, and it's variations. One reason why our planet is still studied every day. But, there will always be people who don't want to hear all the studies...they just want a yes or no.

Just ask someone is there a heaven or hell...and where do you think someone other than yourself will be. and be prepared for lots of grey!

2. Cagsil profile image70

I didn't think everyone was going to agree. lol
      You see, these sort of questions you are asking isn't necessary for living life or getting oneself answers. Those questions are for the collective knowledge of humanity, which isn't required to be known by all to live out life.
      Actually, I guess this is where we really do differ, but once I explain my position, it might be similar or same to you.
      This is a private matter for family and has no baring on anything.
      Another private matter that in all seriousness shouldn't be other people's business with regards to decision making about the topic. I understand why it's legal in the U.S. Do you?
      This describes or asks what is "moral"? And, what do you know- I've written a hub on Morality, the Truth about it.

However, after you read that, then we might be on the same level. If not, I guess I have different standard and how I go about determining other people's value(human life's value).

Thank you for your input. It's always nice to see and hear from you. smile

1. wilderness profile image95
        wildernessposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Read your hub - I think we would get along very well, although I find a few of the thoughts a little simplistic.  Meaning that the comment doesn't cover all possibilities, only general ones.  Nevertheless, I find myself in 98% agreement.

Assisted suicide is not a family matter; it is a decision that must be made by society, with heavy controls (and I cannot believe that I actually said that!).  With only family involved it will inevitably descend into far too much simple murder (for inheritance, through dislike or hate, etc.).  In spite of that, it can be the greatest gift one can give.  The "what is sufficient control" part of the answer makes it gray indeed.

Abortion - not meaning to raise the general question of abortion, but only point out it is not cut and dried.  To some it is murder with no argument allowed.  To others a private matter.  Which view is morally correct ("good") is not easily apparent - to say it should be an individual answer begs the question.  As your hub points out, taking a human life through violence is a universal morality issue, not a subjective one.

I have seen posts in these forums from folk that seem to believe that anyone that has accumulated too much money can only have done it through immoral means (fraud, theft, cheating, etc) and should therefore be relieved of their ill gotten gains.  Whether I agree or not (I don't) it points out that such questions are not easily subject to yes/no answers, but are very very gray.  How much is too much?  Where does sharp dealing end and fraud begin?  How much insider or hidden knowledge is cheating?

No, there is little about human society that is subject to easy black and white answers.  You will have your own answers, I will have mine and the jihadist whackos will have theirs about the morality of killing other people.  Are you right?  I suspect so, but the whackos certainly won't agree.  Their long term aims and goals are not yours or mine; it gives rise to a different morality, and one that eventually could be proven right although neither you nor I believe it.

Separate note - I appreciated your hub although I was "bad" smile and ran off back here without leaving a comment.  It is good to see someone actually thinking about morality instead of spouting what someone else has poured into them.

That much I figured. With regards to that.
          Lets dispense with "assisted" suicide, just for a second here- (a)it's not a legal procedure offered by the medical establishment and (b) doctors are by oath, meant to protect and preserve life, not take it. Suicide- itself is a crime. Not that they could charge anyone with taking their own life? lol Just the attempt at it.
          Just want to add two things here- (a)no one has a choice in being born and (b) the reason it is legal is because it infringes upon the rights of choice, because abortion is a legitimate option for an unwanted pregnancy.
          By all accounts we would need to live in a world where morality was common knowledge, unlike today.

By all accounts, no harm should come to any form of human life, but humanity is flawed and cannot have perfection. So, we make due with the next best thing- Rights, which are not to be infringed upon by other people's rights.
          This entire part of your post, I attribute to a bunch of people who do not understand money, the power of money and never learned that money was to be respected.
          I think there is a difference, because those who are truly honest with themselves understand and realize that true morality is conscience driven. I only put it into words on my hub.
          Thank you for reading it. I figured you would like it. We disagree on some things, but do agree on a lot of things also. It's okay, if you didn't leave a comment. I'm glad you read it. smile

4. uncorrectedvision profile image61
    uncorrectedvisionposted 13 years ago

There are very few answers even in science that are absolute truths.  Every year there are multiple experiments conducted testing Einstein's Theory of General Relativity.  Science is the pursuit not the goal  One of the reasons that calling Anthropogenic Climate Change settled science is so disturbing.  There is no settled science - the only certainty in science is uncertainty.

Interesting post. Thank you for your input. smile

Btw- Welcome to Hubpages! smile

5. Reality Bytes profile image75
    Reality Bytesposted 13 years ago

The only thing that I know is the Truth is that in reality I know nothing.

Interesting post Reality Bytes. Thank you. smile

6. profile image0
    Stevennix2001posted 13 years ago

I do agree that in our world there is only two ways to look at things.  however, i think the problem is that most people will often listen to and accept what they want to hear.  Then you get into the fact there are some people in the world that will cross a line to get what they want and/or need.  Take "training day" for instance.  a hard nosed veteran cop crossed the line at one point, out of convenience.  Sure, he could've admitted to himself that what he was doing was wrong, but he chose to justify his actions instead.  Then it lead to another lie and another lie until eventually he became a corrupt cop.  The reality is, most people will often try to justify their own actions, even if it means lying to themselves as its a lot easier than admitting the truth. 

Sometimes people rather believe in a beautiful lie than an ugly truth any day.  That's just reality.

Thank you for your input Steven. smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)