Hate Speech on HubPages

Jump to Last Post 1-21 of 21 discussions (98 posts)
  1. rotl profile image60
    rotlposted 13 years ago

I have been coming across a lot of hate speech on HubPages, both in Hubs and in the forums. Stuff that I would not even dare repeat.

While it is good to know who the bigots are on HubPages, we need to flag them immediately. Yes, it is not going to change their views, but that's not the point. The point is to:

a) Send a message that hate speech is not an acceptable part of any civilized discourse, no matter what the venue; and

b) To keep HubPages a positive, supportive community where all types of people are welcome and not subjected to hate and intimidation.

1. oceansnsunsets profile image85
      oceansnsunsetsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Roti, I agree the hate speech needs to end.  It is directed towards a particular group that I have noticed over the years.

It really discourages me that it is allowed here and I hope that people just stop.

1. rotl profile image60
        rotlposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I feel the same way.

Imagine how discouraging it is for someone belonging to the group being targeted. It needs to stop.

2. Cagsil profile image70
      Cagsilposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hate speech on HubPages? Yes, there happens to be some, but as with all other avenues of writing, you are going to have people who feel they are justified in writing their feelings.

However, I agree that certain things should be flagged, but only when viewed from an objective point of view, which is the only time when bias is not involved from oneself.

The message "hate" is subjective to one's dislikes or disapproval.

Flagging things according to HubPages TOS is the only option a member has here and it is not open to your individual view.

Flagging things, just because you disagree isn't an option. The "Hate" message must be clear, before HubPages finds it in violations of it's Terms of Service.

1. rotl profile image60

Yes, and as I said, I trust people know the difference. Calling Obama a bad president is not the same as calling him a bad president because he is black... 'nuff said.

3. qwark profile image61
      qwarkposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Rotl:
      I agree that you should define "hate speech" for us.
      There is no reason one can't offer, in writing or verbally, what one feels about any subject.
      Sensitivity levels are as varied as there are people.
      You get pissed off (it seems to me) if I use the word "damn."
      There are many words which you might consider to be "expletive," but are used by speakers of English everyday to add "impetus" to a comment.
      I have my idea of a defintion of "hate speech" that may differ greatly from yours.
      Pls be specific. TY
      QWark

4. profile image0
      Deborah Sextonposted 13 years agoin reply to this

When we create a hub/thread, it tells us what we can and can't post.
      You will only waste the hub staff's time by flagging hubs/threads.

And remember, it's your opinion

1. rotl profile image60

Not all speech is free from consequences, and that includes hate speech. And hate speech is not something you can post as per HubPages; that's why we have a category to flag.

1. profile image0
          EmpressFelicityposted 13 years agoin reply to this

From reading what you've been saying here it sounds as though you're going to be doing an awful lot of flagging.  Which I'm sure will delight HP's staff no end lol

2. profile image0

The rules on the forums says no personal attacks. It does not say we can not express our dislike of anything, as long as we don't attack you personally, ie. saying someone is stupid, ugly, no good, or curse at them. Attacking/disagreeing with sects/beliefs etc is not personal attack

3. profile image0

_________
          Funny how you don't see that you are using hate speech in your dislike of those who disagree with you.

1. qwark profile image61
            qwarkposted 13 years agoin reply to this

TY Deborah! 2 thumbs up!
            Qwark

2. William R. Wilson profile image60
            William R. Wilsonposted 13 years agoin reply to this

LOL.  Where's the hate?  Point to the hateful speech please.

1. profile image0

________
              Well, read all the threads. The same people yelling hate speech, is yelling hate against laws, people, ways of life, they don't agree with.

1. William R. Wilson profile image60

So you are talking about other threads then - that may be, so I take back my LOL.  I thought you were talking about the words in this thread. 

I guess the point in this thread is to discuss what hate speech is and isn't, and how to deal with it on Hubpages. 

If you have specific examples that you are thinking of maybe you could post them here and we could discuss as a group.

2. Shadesbreath profile image78
    Shadesbreathposted 13 years ago

Flag them if they are in violation of the TOS.  HP is not "the press" and as such are not required to provide a forum for free speech. They will censor anyone who does not comply with the TOS that every hubber agrees to when they open their accounts.

1. rotl profile image60

Hate speech clearly violates the TOS.

3. Mighty Mom profile image77
    Mighty Momposted 13 years ago

Could you be more specific in your definition of "hate speech" please?
    Maybe I am not seeing the same campaign directed at the same group of people (?). Then again, maybe I am, but have become inured to it....

1. profile image0
      Website Examinerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I agree. The Original Post is too vague to be a basis for serious discussion. Besides, accusing opponents of "hate speech" is an old political trick.

1. rotl profile image60

I don't have any "opponents," or cause or agenda. I am making a general point about hateful comments directed at any person, group, religion, nationality etc. Rather than getting into a discussion about my definition of hate speech, I trust that most people know hateful commentary when they see it.

1. Shadesbreath profile image78
          Shadesbreathposted 13 years agoin reply to this

That can depend on sensitivity levels.  Which is why I said, IF they are in violation of the TOS, report it.

As others have asked, you could direct us to the specific comments and perhaps we could be more helpful.

1. rotl profile image60

I don't want to single out any person(s) or comment(s). As an example, there have been several threads in the past few days alone that have contained highly offensive comments directed at Islam and Muslims, comments that would be considered hate speech by any reasonable measure. There are Hubs and comments about the President and his family that are vile. I'll stop there.

Maybe these things don't offend some people... like I said, I'll let people use their judgment, but definitely something to be aware of.

1. donotfear profile image84
              donotfearposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yes...true. In turn, there has been the same directed toward the Christian faith, the former president Bush, and political figure Sarah Palin.

2. profile image0

I never meant to suggest that you do. However, I have no doubt that there are those who would like to use a thread as this one to support their own agenda.

1. rotl profile image60

I see what you mean. But I think singling someone out is more indicative of an agenda and not productive.

2. Uninvited Writer profile image80
      Uninvited Writerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Have you noticed some of the threads aimed at Muslims?

1. Anaya M. Baker profile image76
        Anaya M. Bakerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I've noticed these, and was really disturbed. I've also noticed some nasty stuff about gays and lesbians. I do flag stuff, but never flagged these, just rated them down if they were hubs. Didn't know flagging was an option for this stuff.

I think I need to revisit the Terms of Service...though I think I read it when signing up, I really can't say what they are anymore after my brain has been crammed full of adsense, keywords, page views, affiliate settings etc. etc. the last few months.

I'm really glad this issue came up, it had been bothering me.

1. rotl profile image60

Amaya... I'm glad you chimed in.

1. profile image0

If you have reported what you consider hate speech, has it been removed by moderators? I think you could tell us this without compromising anyone's privacy. It would give us an idea about (i) whether it was indeed hate speech; (ii) whether or not HubPages is serious about fighting it.

1. rotl profile image60

I haven't gone back and checked everything I've flagged so I'm not sure if it's removed or not. One thread I found particularly offensive (and flagged yesterday), the offending comments have not yet been removed, but the thread was locked (no more replies). So I'm not sure what that means from HubPages' point of view. Obviously they listened, but instead of deleting the specific comments, they shut down the thread.

1. profile image0

OK, if you could come back and tell us how it goes with the other things you have flagged, that would enrich this discussion quite a bit. Yes, moderators often close a thread. They may delete a single post, but if there are several controversial posts, they often close the thread instead. Then it will soon be forgotten as it drops towards the bottom of the index.

1. rotl profile image60

Ok, then I guess it was worth flagging, and seen as hate speech by the moderators.

1. profile image0

Definitely worthwhile flagging. The moderators may have agreed there was hate speech, which would probably cause the offender to be banned; or the thread was deemed to be headed in that direction.

2. Woman Of Courage profile image60
                Woman Of Courageposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hi rotl, sounds like the thread I started recently 2 weeks ago. I tried to post again. To my surprise , the thread was shut down, and I was starting to recieve some beauttiful, refreshing, loving and peaceful replies. I restarted a brand new thread with this same topic. Hopefully, it will survive without any hateful attacks. hmm

1. rotl profile image60

Woman of Courage, the thread I flagged was started yesterday and shut down yesterday, so yours is another example of HubPages taking action against this stuff, so that's encouraging.

I'm glad you started another thread. smile

1. Woman Of Courage profile image60

I am happy hubpages are taking action against this, but I rather the thread to continue, and the offender spreading hate speeches to be banned. After all, the goal of the offender was to stop the thread from going forth. If a person is breaking the terms of violations rules of hubpages, they should be punished for misbehaving, and they can not blame no one but themselves. Thank you rotl. big_smile

4. profile image0
    ralwusposted 13 years ago

links to offending hubs would be an asset too.

5. psycheskinner profile image83
    psycheskinnerposted 13 years ago

Hate Speech: a term for speech that attacks or disparages a person or group of people based on their social or ethnic group.

e.g. [social/ethnic group] people are [really bad thing]

1. Pcunix profile image91
      Pcunixposted 13 years agoin reply to this

But..

[social/ethnic group] people really ARE  [really bad thing] !

Or so I believe, anyway.

6. Mighty Mom profile image77
    Mighty Momposted 13 years ago

Very clever ploy, ralwus. Can't self-promote your own hubs here, but you can get rotl to point everyone to them!!lol

1. profile image0
      ralwusposted 13 years agoin reply to this

LOL you're a funny lady MM. big_smile I'd still like to know  which hubs are hate filled.

7. profile image0
    Home Girlposted 13 years ago

I don't see a lot of "hated speech" here. May be some heated confrontations,different opinions, strong language sometimes, but that is forum, that's what makes it interesting. We all can be over polite, but who needs that? Do we have to be all alike?
    http://s2.hubimg.com/u/4153045_f248.jpg

1. rotl profile image60

There is a big difference between a heated discussion and hate speech, and I trust most people know which is which.

1. Woman Of Courage profile image60

I fully agree.

2. Anesidora profile image59
        Anesidoraposted 13 years agoin reply to this

No, I disagree.

People in their ideals are generally not very reasonable. Even if their point is reasonable, their application of it may be misplaced.

Why do you think the KKK is still allowed to have rallies, and that repulsive pedophile group is still allowed to exist?

Hate speech is based on personal opinions. If my personal opinion is that you are going to hell for being a gay rejector of goodness, then that's not hatespeech, per se, it's me telling you in all love and good intention that you must repent!

But to my personal sensibilities -which in fact are neither gay or christian- it's hatespeech.

If I say all religious people are stupid and ruining the world, and back it up with what is elsewise a well-reasoned argument, it's not hatespeech, it's me trying to elucidate the masses and save the species! LOL

But to a religious person it's hatespeech.

The legal definition is to incite violence.

As long as it doesn't incite violence, it isn't legally hate speech, and HubPages would be getting themselves in for a mutinous quagmire if they tried to go beyond that.

It's called hatespeech, but in fact it's okay to incite hate. Politicians and their pundits do it all the time. It's just not okay to incite violence, legally speaking.

That too isn't always easy to define. I can say should be eliminated without actually meaning should be killed.

It's all a slippery slope.

8. Anesidora profile image59
    Anesidoraposted 13 years ago

You are spared by the powers that be.

I just wrote one of my long but hasty and effectively rambly posts in response to this thread, hit the button and was informed that HubPages was momentarily down for maintenance.

All is lost, you are spared, praised be the gods.

My conclusion was that A) hate speech is tough to fairly define and apply, and B) it is always a product of extremes.

I will add that C) I have been guilty of it, and D) now think it's counter-productive.

Oh yeah and E) you're all nuts anyway, and I say that in love.

1. rotl profile image60

Lucky us!  smile

9. Cagsil profile image70
    Cagsilposted 13 years ago

Hey Anesidora,

Contact HubPages Staff via email and they might be able to recover your entire hub. wink

10. Reality Bytes profile image74
    Reality Bytesposted 13 years ago

It seems to be very popular on these forums to label a person as belonging to a certain group.  Then the attacks on the group begins, and the offender thinks it is not a personal attack because they are attacking the entire group.

Including the hubber, which in my opinion equates to a personal attack.

11. Urbane Chaos profile image90
    Urbane Chaosposted 13 years ago

If I attack myself, is that still considered hate speech?  Should I flag myself?  Better yet, I could flog myself as well - but that would also be hateful.. Man, I'm so cornfused.. I guess that's still better than being cornflaked though, right?  Carp, I'm an idiot.  -wait, more hate speech!  I Better stop while I'm behind!

A'ight, seriously.. People all getting up in other people's Kool-Aid is a fact of life, especially online.  Flag it if it really, really needs to be flagged, but most of the time, it's simply better off to ignore the idiots. We've all said things that we shouldn't from time to time..

12. profile image0
    Home Girlposted 13 years ago

Hello to all nuts!

http://s3.hubimg.com/u/4153210.jpg

I love nuts!

1. Anesidora profile image59
      Anesidoraposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You're in good company!

(wink and a smile, and self fully included!)

1. habee profile image92
        habeeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yep - I think all writers are a little nutty! lol

13. William R. Wilson profile image60
    William R. Wilsonposted 13 years ago

I reported the thread "why are almost all terrorists muslim". 

The thread started out with a false premise (almost all terrorists are muslim) and then went on to explain the premise with a distorted description of Islam, blaming all the political violence in the world on the words of the Koran, even implying that Islam is a devilish religion.

That is stupid, and hate speech. 

If you're having trouble seeing this, imagine instead a thread entitled:  "why are most violent criminals black?" which then went on to explain that most violent criminals are black because of something in African American culture or genetics.  That would be pure racism.

14. Misha profile image64
    Mishaposted 13 years ago

One man hate speech is another man witty comeback tongue

1. Alien invasion profile image58
      Alien invasionposted 13 years agoin reply to this

вы из рсиу?

1. Misha profile image64
        Mishaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

да, но это было давно...

2. rotl profile image60

Not where I come from.

1. profile image0

Are you trying to take away people's rights? Yes
        Where I come from, that is wrong

2. Misha profile image64

You missed the point altogether, never mind smile

15. psycheskinner profile image83
    psycheskinnerposted 13 years ago

It is a term in general use and I posted a defintion for y'all.  Basically, don't dis entire demographic groups of people in a spiteful way.  It's not that complicated.

1. rotl profile image60

Exactly... please stop trying to complicate the issue. It is not that hard to figure out!

16. qwark profile image61
    qwarkposted 13 years ago

Vile: loathsome/disgusting.
    Again, vile is dependant upon who is doing the reading.
    "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder."
    "Sticks and stones may break my bones but names (words) will never hurt me"
    Man is not a civilized animal.Don't expect civility from it.
    Qwark

17. profile image0
    sandra rinckposted 13 years ago

http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/60152

I consider that hate speech. 

"As Christians we must ask ourselves, why would atheist and agnostics post a thread in a Christian forum. There are a couple of obvious reasons. Number one is that they are serving satan and they are trying to disrupt the harmony among the Christians here by distracting them from their real purpose, which is serving God and fullfiling the great commission. Number two is that they are in it for the money and they know every lost soul will rally behind them. Either way they are starting threads and we are supporting them. "get behind me satan""

I flagged it as hate speech yesterday but the thread is still open.

I don't feel as annoyed by this thread Sandra, for a couple of reasons. 

For one, it's just so ludicrous.  It is demonizing an entire group of people, yes, but its entire premise is ridiculous.

For another, atheists and agnostics are not (in my opinion) in any real danger from Christian wingnuts. There might be a random danger from another Scott Roeder lone nut here or there, but there is no institutionalized danger or oppression to atheists and agnostics. 

The thread you point to might qualify as hate speech, but it's much less of a problem (to me) than a Christian attacking all Muslims (since Muslims and Christians are actively killing each other throughout the middle east).

1. rotl profile image60

Good points William, but it is certainly objectionable on many levels. It is trying to incite... and that is disturbing enough.

We won't all be offended the same way by things, but as long as it truly hurts or offends someone, then it should be addressed. I think we are all better for it in the end.

2. profile image0
        zampanoposted 13 years agoin reply to this

William, you're doing a great job around here.
        Another reason "non believers" post in religious forums is that some of them have been believers at a moment in their lives.
        I've posted often to religious forums some time ago, but I tired off.
        I realized most of the content of religious forums could come out of a 10 year old child's mind.
        So I've never been tempted to assimilate it to "hate speech" worth to be flagged.
        Not more than some relatively frequent forms of real primary fascist speech I've had the opportunity to read in HP when it comes among other topics, to politics.

1. profile image0

1. profile image0

"licensed minister"
            I'm sorry. I'm somewhat a foreigner. What does it relate to ?
            In my understanding, a minister is someone who serves.
            What is it you serve ?
            I sure agree that tolerance is one of the best democracy achievements.
            But we all play with different rules.

1. profile image0

Far out man !
                Spiritwebity...
                My dear sister Debbie...

1. profile image0

I do serve others, more than you will ever know. Judging me are you?

1. profile image0

Sorry Deborah. Never meant to disrispect.
                    Just familiar.
                    I can but approve all who work fo ecumenicalism.
                    And minister means "servant".
                    You admit that I call you Sister, don't you ?
                    Can you celebrate Eucharistie too ?

2. profile image0

________
                Are you being snide and saying I am licensed online.
                I went to school and was ordained and licensed.

And you guys don't show hate?

Yes... I was being a little snide, I'll admit it. 

I think a person should be judged by their actions and not by vague titles. 

From what you have written here it sounds like your day to day actions speak well of your character, much more than any license to be a minister of anything.

1. profile image0

Good.
                    Deborah, my dear sister.
                    I kiss you good night, as I'm going to hit my bunk now.
                    Hugs to the kids.
                    My regards to your lucky husband.
                    My wishes of prompt recovery to your patients.
                    Good night folks.

2. profile image0

2. profile image0
                  sandra rinckposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Don't take this as hate speech but does that mean you are only allowed to minister in your state?

If not, what boundaries are set?  I have read many of your post, I disagree with most, is that hateful?

On a public forum everyone gets to say what they want, you called this freedom of speech however you are often angered (at least is seems that way) by many people who disagree with you regarding, well... religion.  I think you view it as hate. 

I have not personally seen you open a thread where you were just plain hating, so I give you that but you do often argue with different beliefs.

My real question to you is, is it healthy for someone who hold certain beliefs as the most sacred and personal to trivialize their most sincere thoughts and feelings on an open forum that ultimately causes "strife" in yourself?

I mean, what is it that has you so devoted to "setting everyone straight" when clearly the only vibe being generated across internet lines is well... negative?

I think you are wrong most of the time, you think I am wrong all the time.  I don't like your personal views on religion and what is right for people but I do appreciate that you are a nurse.

So what is wrong with what I said?

1. profile image0

You have never seen me angry over people disagreeing with me.
                    You have seen me put people in their place once they personally attacked me instead of my beliefs.
                    I have had people say all kinds of nasty stuff to me, yet I still talk to them.

It is wrong to get angry without a cause.
                    I've seen you get angry even when it wasn't a personal attack.

Anyone can challenge my beliefs and I don't mind. I know what I know and stand behind it. If you or someone disagrees, that doesn't take my knowledge from me.

What you perceive as anger, is a woman who stands up for herself.
                    I do that for friends and family too. If anyone is under personal attack and they don't say something..well..

Don't tell me, that you wouldn't defend yourself.

Debating beliefs is not arguing.
                    I don't agree with what I don't believe. Neither does anyone here.

2. Pcunix profile image91
      Pcunixposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Crazed, perhaps, but I don't see it as hate.

18. profile image0
    Deborah Sextonposted 13 years ago

If someone claims to be of God, shouldn't they follow these directions?

Matthew 5
    11. Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake.

12. Rejoice, and be exceeding glad: for great is your reward in heaven: for so persecuted they the prophets which were before you

Matthew 5
    43. Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbour, and hate thine enemy.

44. But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;

45. That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven

Some only rejoice in flattery

19. saleheensblog profile image59
    saleheensblogposted 13 years ago

all religious forums are full of hate speech.HP need to totally stop religious discussion .

1. profile image0

1. rotl profile image60

Deleted

1. profile image0
          EmpressFelicityposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Given the subjective nature of "hate speech", I would imagine there's one group of people who will be laughing all the way to the bank as a result of legislation against it.

Lawyers.

20. rebekahELLE profile image85
    rebekahELLEposted 13 years ago

if it violates TOS, flag it. 

I've seen very little hate speech here, although it does and has happened in the past. I generally don't waste my time reading the crazed stuff online.

hate speech is nothing but ego. don't feed it.

21. profile image0
    zampanoposted 13 years ago

Hi Misha! Looks like some glasses vendor convinced you to become a client. Hehehe.
    I've serched on Google for RSIU and I came upon :

Radar Search Interface Unit
    or
    Regional School Improvement Unit

Can you clarify, if you got enough patience left?

1. Misha profile image64

Oh, that's my own stupidity of sitting too far from the screen, glass vendors just came to rescue smile

And the guy or gal just meant Russia and seriously misspelled it smile

1. profile image0

Ok. I understand.
        Россия... The Holy Mother.
        That's a vast country.

Closed to reply

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)