Hurray for the erratic ways of how Hubber score works

Jump to Last Post 1-10 of 10 discussions (12 posts)
  1. 2uesday profile image65
    2uesdayposted 13 years ago

Well just to reassure those who take a dip in their hubscore to heart, I have manages to drop from 99( in the last week) to 95 at the moment despite having a hot hub on the first page for several days at one time it was in the top slot.I have had more comments than usual too. So be it, personally I would hate to be 100 as then the only way is down. smile smile smile

1. profile image0
      cookingdivaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

2uesday,

I am sorry that it dropped from 99 to 95. However, it does make me better knowing expert like you going through up and down, it must be normal. I have been hovering over 90 to 86, who knows for sure.

I have follower coming and dropping...been busy day!

Just so you know, you always be 99 to me!

2. prettydarkhorse profile image62
      prettydarkhorseposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Congrats there, There is a 100 dollar thread somewhere in the forum. Mine fluctuates from 96 to 100.

2. Mark Ewbie profile image82
    Mark Ewbieposted 13 years ago

Although it's irritating I think it's a good thing that it moves around.  Otherwise the same faces would hog the top spots.  This way everyone gets a chance.

That's what I keep telling myself.

I'm on a up at the moment - but if I dare to leave this forum for a moment...

3. saleheensblog profile image60
    saleheensblogposted 13 years ago

94 now lol lol

4. Pcunix profile image89
    Pcunixposted 13 years ago

It's a dartboard. I can't prove it, and I know they'll deny it, but I'm sure it is true.

Once in a while whoever throws my dart hits the bullseye. Usually they miss.

It has to be that, because nothing else makes any sense. My traffic can be up, I get a few dozen new Usefuls etc., Adsense kicks in some money, I hop some hubs, help out in the forums and even get a few plus votes on Answers and I log in the next day and I'm back to 96.

The guy with the dart missed.  It has to be.

5. 2uesday profile image65
    2uesdayposted 13 years ago

hi Pcunix I like your post here it made me smile because I think you maybe right about it. I did say in a comment once that I think it is controlled by a hamster running in a wheel and some days it wants to fall asleep so it goes slower and your score drops. Maybe I like your dartboard theory better. I guess I would not have mentioned it most days, just short on sleep and felt like saying something.

I am not that bothered about it but it is a bit of a puzzle,still there are bigger mysteries in life to ponder on than a number in the corner of a photo.

Hi saleheenblog yes well I once unpublished some hubs and the score went up so that was even more of a puzzle. Maybe if I unpublish enough of them it will go back up again ( just joking). smile

Thanks prettydarkhorse, and Mark, hi cookingdiva thank you that is nice of you to say.

I'll leave this now to sink, or I might just cause a further drop in my scores [I was careful how I typed that smile].

6. SimeyC profile image89
    SimeyCposted 13 years ago

To be honest I've stopped caring about it anymore - I was at 100 for a couple of days last week, and went down to 95 for a few days and am back up at 99.....but I tend to focus on my traffic and my income as the real indicators of how well I am doing! I think in general, the traffic you get from 100 is not that great unless you get featured on the front page - and as that feature has gone now, then 100 seems to be a meaningless number that populates a list that only internal hubbers only look at....maybe!!! *grin*

7. b. Malin profile image67
    b. Malinposted 13 years ago

I will never under stand how the system works...when I was on the road traveling for five days, and not writing (I had 50 Hubs at that point) my score went from 92-91-90 and now...I'm back with my "Mac" wrote one short story, three parts and 2 more hubs, giving me 55 Hubs and a score of 86...GO FIGURE! It is annoying!!!

8. richtwf profile image61
    richtwfposted 13 years ago

The system certainly makes you think at first but then after a while you stop thinking about how it works. Forgetting about it is probably the best thing and if it climbs up and you get that elusive and magical 100 then great! lol

9. Lisa HW profile image61
    Lisa HWposted 13 years ago

The thing that kind of makes me chuckle about my own is that it tends to get highest when I don't do much of anything, and then if I do something it pretty much inevitably drops.  (What's that tel me?  lol)  I have some guesses about why/how that seems to happen, but it sure can look like I'm being given "points" for staying away.   smile.  If you live through enough of those ups-and-downs, though, you really know there's really no point/benefit to paying attention to it, as long as it's reasonably decent.

10. richtwf profile image61
    richtwfposted 13 years ago

When I've been very active my hub score has fallen but of late when I've been very active again - guess what - it hasn't fallen but risen which you would expect so I don't know what to expect anymore - except to expect the unexpected! lol

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)