how do hubbers help a hubber, if at all?

Jump to Last Post 1-16 of 16 discussions (21 posts)
  1. riotgrrrl profile image68
    riotgrrrlposted 15 years ago

Bare with me, i'm very new and still getting the hang of it all!!

Can we help each other out by clicking on each others adverts, or does clicking the links alone not generate income for the person? Do you need people to make a purchase after clicking your link???

2. Misha profile image63
    Mishaposted 15 years ago

Please don't do this. It's a surefire way to get in trouble the very person you want to help. Adsense will ban their account. smile

1. theonlykings profile image58
      theonlykingsposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Thanks i was looking to find some info on this

brent theonlykings

3. Shirley Anderson profile image71
    Shirley Andersonposted 15 years ago

NO, NO, NO!!!  Listen to Misha! 

Having people click on your ads (or vice versa) is against Google's TOS.  You or the person you are 'helping' can lose their earnings and get banned from AdSense.  It's considered 'illegal' clicking.

The best way to help is to read the other person's hubs, comment and give it a 'thumbs up' if you feel you want to.

Don't worry, you'll get the hang of it all soon enough.  smile

4. Misha profile image63
    Mishaposted 15 years ago

Oh, and becoming a fan of those you like smile

Hint, hint wink

5. LegendaryN8 profile image60
    LegendaryN8posted 15 years ago

I have to tell you that I have been on the receiving end of a Google Adsense campaign (the one putting the money in so the ads are displayed), and by doing that, you make people who run a business (such as a small store) lose their hard-earned money that they invest for advertisement.

The best thing you can do is write content that encourages people to click on your ads.  Usually this involves writing about something that encourages the writer to purchase something.

I wrote this in another thread, but this is a pretty good example:

5 lures that work best for bass
    5 recommended baits for bass

If you write these, and Google Ads appear related to lures and bass, you are creating a good "money hub".  You win because you are gaining money from the Adsense, and the advertiser wins because they get a higher chance of the person clicking to buy something if that is their aim (making their Adwords campaign more effective).

You can make money by playing by the rules, but you got to do your homework!  This is a community of helpful individuals, so if you want to have someone point you in the right direction, that is what we are here for.

Best of luck to you and welcome!

-N8

6. AEvans profile image71
    AEvansposted 15 years ago

We wish you all of the best and jsut reading our articles or becoming a fan makes it all worth while. smile

7. riotgrrrl profile image68

Thank you very much for all the usefull tips and information!

I understand a bit better how this thing works now, and i'll be sure to be carefull about not clicking the links on fellow hubbers pages!

There are loads of fabulous articals out there, so i shall get reading and commenting. I hope i get the hang of it all soon!
    xxx

1. sunforged profile image70
      sunforgedposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Well its not that you should avoid clicking ads on others Hubs, just that you should act natural...if something catches your eye and you wish to learn more, by all means click an ad.

For adsense and kontera the click alone will profit the hubber -ppc

ebay and amazon are only per sale - pay per lead

what these terms cpc,epc,lead,publisher,etc. mean

But if you were to select one hubber you liked and decided you wanted to generate money for them by clicking on tons of their ads, that may appear unnatural and could result in an account ban for the person you were trying to help!

I am also an advertiser through adwords - we pay for every one of those clicks - that in turn pay the publisher via adsense, so although its not obvious, attempting to cheat this system isnt robbing some supercorporation like google (if it was, id be all for it) but you would be in fact wasting the money of small businesses and internet marketers

I certainly dont purposely avoid ads on others hubbers pages, I treat them just as I would any other web page and my favorite authors receive more clicks naturally as I attend their pages more

and as far as the digg/stumble/redit social network stuff goes - rather than use a toolbar for each you should maximize you screen real estate on firefox like shareaholic and use a toolbar that includes all these options in one.

8. AEvans profile image71
    AEvansposted 15 years ago

You will !!smile

9. riotgrrrl profile image68

thank you for the vote of confidence :-)
    xxxx

10. Dorsi profile image88
    Dorsiposted 15 years ago

This is all good advice here. Just keep coming to the forums and ask questions and you'll learn alot faster. The hubbers here are great!

11. Dolores Monet profile image95
    Dolores Monetposted 15 years ago

you can't click another hubber's ads? sometimes ads are quite informative and helpful

1. WHoArtNow profile image82
      WHoArtNowposted 15 years agoin reply to this

If you like the look of an ad, just open a new tab and type in the URL that's at the bottom of the ad.

Another thing you can do to help out hubbers, is any hub you like, Stumble it or Digg it. If you have the Stumble tool bar is really easy and can help draw some decent (and usually well deserved) traffic.

12. Abhishek87 profile image60
    Abhishek87posted 15 years ago

I have a doubt regarding Digg-ing. Lets say therr's an article I like and want to digg. Chances are the author may have already created a digg profile for that hub. NOw if I digg it, I have to create another one. How can I digg the one the author made.

13. LondonGirl profile image82
    LondonGirlposted 15 years ago

If you dig something that's already been digged, it counts as an extra vote on that dig, not a whole new article.

14. Abhishek87 profile image60
    Abhishek87posted 15 years ago

My point is How do I find the article that the author dugg.

1. WHoArtNow profile image82
      WHoArtNowposted 15 years agoin reply to this

I use the Digg toolbar for Firefox, and if I'm on a page that has Digg's, it tells me. So all I do is click Digg and sorted. If it doesn't have any number, no one has Dugg. So I might submit it first.

1. BristolBoy profile image62
        BristolBoyposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Never knew of this, but installed it about an hour ago and it does make things much easier.  Like teh Stumbleupon toolbar it allows sites to be submitted with greater ease, which means that I personally submit more and a wider range.

15. Bard of Ely profile image79
    Bard of Elyposted 15 years ago

Riotgrrrl, I'd like to add that I like to think of my hubs as a sort of showcase for my abilities as a writer as well as being a place I can promote people or subjects I am genuinely interested in.

There is also a tremendous amount of useful and entertaining material on the site as well as very friendly and helpful community. I came here originally hoping to make money but that is no longer the main reasons I use this site. If I make any, well, that's great, but I am happy to post a lot of articles here anyway!

16. matiskater profile image59
    matiskaterposted 15 years ago

noo this will get your adsense account banned!!! its against the google tos

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)