Jets vs. Steelers

Jump to Last Post 1-27 of 27 discussions (36 posts)
  1. I am DB Cooper profile image64
    I am DB Cooperposted 13 years ago

The Jets are underdogs again in this game, although this time only by 3 points (some gamblers would probably call that line "soft"). What do you think of this one? Can the Jets find that magic for the 3rd straight week? The Steelers have a different type of passing attack than the Patriots, but I'm not sure if it matches up better against the Jets. The Jets beat the Steelers in the regular season, but it was a close game and the Steelers didn't have Polamalu.

1. profile image0
      tugbo200-5posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Patriots against Jets game looked like high school football compared yo Pittsburg and Baltimore.
      I'm for Steelers ....all the way.

1. Don Simkovich profile image60
        Don Simkovichposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I agree with this ... I thought the Pit Baltimore game was much more exciting. I'm surprised over NE's loss or at least the way they played.

2. bogerk profile image70
      bogerkposted 13 years agoin reply to this

The Pittsburgh Steelers and Ben Roethlisberger seem to always come up big in big games. It would be hard to bet against them at home in a game of this magnitude.

3. profile image0
      Stevennix2001posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Well first of all, we have to consider the fact that the colts have played mediocre all year, so it's no wonder the jets were able to beat them.  then when we get to the patriots, who I would never bet against in any playoff game period.  However, they do have a tendency to get overconfident sometimes, as that could've led to their demise against the jets.  don't believe me about the over confidence factor, then go back and watch the superbowl where the patriots acted like a bunch of spoiled selfish babies when they failed to create the perfect season for proof.

As for the steelers, i think this is where the jets finally lose.  sure, it'll be a low scoring close game, as both defenses play extremely well, and they both can run the ball well too.  however, i give it to the steelers as they have the home field advantage, and Ben Roethlisberger is a helluva a better and more experience qb than mark sanchez.

4. esornoso profile image60
      esornosoposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Go Jets! Go Mark Sanchez!

2. profile image0
    awesome77posted 13 years ago

I pick the Jets as the winner of this game!

3. melpor profile image91
    melporposted 13 years ago

I believe the Jets are going to win this one. They beat two teams with higher rated quarterbacks.

4. ediggity profile image60
    ediggityposted 13 years ago

Jets are going to take it.

5. optimus grimlock profile image61
    optimus grimlockposted 13 years ago

i dont wont either team to make the sb, but I'll go with the shitsburg

6. Kangaroo_Jase profile image75
    Kangaroo_Jaseposted 13 years ago

Its going to come down to who is willing to die more for that inch. Jets haven't won a 'Bowl since number III, so who do you think is willing to die?

7. Michael Willis profile image68
    Michael Willisposted 13 years ago

I see a huge battle of hits in this game. Seems when I predict against the Jets, they win!

8. jobister profile image60
    jobisterposted 13 years ago

Pittsburgh has a great chance to get to yet another SB. Although Jets beat the Steelers in the regular season game. I don't know if the Jets can repeat with another win when it counts the most.

9. prettydarkhorse profile image62
    prettydarkhorseposted 13 years ago

Congrats to Jets, GB, Bears and Steelers. I suppose this is an exciting football weekend again. I am rooting for my team Steelers but wildcards are always hopeful and it will be good if they can showcase their skills, young QBs like Rodgers, Sanchez and Cutler are all good.

10. AskAshlie3433 profile image59
    AskAshlie3433posted 13 years ago

This is going to be a game to remember for years I think. The Jets are pumper, talking trash, and backing it up. The Steelers outlasted the Ravens, but they had a long lay off. I think Pittsburgh got their feet back under them now annd they will be ready. Most these players on Pitt are use to the big spot light games. They are home and Pittsburgh rarely loses two games at home against the same team.

11. S.Graveson profile image60
    S.Gravesonposted 13 years ago

I managed to win a nice bit of money on the jets beating the pats, the lines were silly

1. I am DB Cooper profile image64
      I am DB Cooperposted 13 years agoin reply to this

As did I, even though I was predicting a Patriots win. It was hard to ignore that line.

12. LakeShow T profile image73
    LakeShow Tposted 13 years ago

I am going to pick against the Jets in the AFC Championship game, but I also picked against them in their previous playoff games against the Colts and Patriots. Regardless of what happens, I think Rex Ryan deserves a bunch of credit for leading the Jets to the AFC title game for the second straight season. The Jets have made it this far in large part because they are a "team" in every sense of the word and that is why Rex Ryan deserves a ton of credit. Look at some of the players on that team:

LaDainian Tomlinson - known for being a "me-first" quitter when everything is on the line while he was a superstar on the Chargers. He has bought in to the Jets philosophy and goals in a big way and the results have been evident.

Braylon Edwards - Did not build up a good reputation for himself while on the Browns. He quit on that team, performed vastly under his potential, and tried to pick a fight with the LeBron James camp when he was in Cleveland --not a good idea back then. He has now bought in and his backflips after the Patriots game show he is now a true Jet.

Antonio Cromartie - He has not cost the Jets a game yet, but he is yet another example of a selfish "hot-dogging" player who tries to make risky plays for the benefit of himself rather than the team. Maybe it is just a matter of time for him, but he has also bought in to the Jets system and what they are trying to accomplish.

Santonio Holmes - Had a multitude of legal and character issues while on the Steelers and that is why they let the former Super Bowl MVP go in the prime of his career for a measly 5th round draft pick. He has also bought into Rex and the Jets team philosophy.

Each of the previously mentioned players have done enough to pose as a detrimental distraction for their former teams, but together they co-exist as a team under Rex Ryan with the goal of making, and winning, the Super Bowl to cap off the resurrection of their careers.

For all of the players who were formerly bad apples listed above, there is also some positive influences who have likely rubbed off on the others with their leadership, such as Shaun Ellis, Bart Scott, and Trevor Pryce. All together, everyone loves playing for Rex Ryan and that is why this mixture of extremely talented outcasts has worked out so well. Kudos to that collection of players for coming together as a "team" in search of reaching a common goal.

13. Flightkeeper profile image67
    Flightkeeperposted 13 years ago

I'm rooting for cutie patootie Mark Sanchez and the Jets

14. Wendy Krick profile image64
    Wendy Krickposted 13 years ago

I'm rooting for the Jets!

15. wavegirl22 profile image50
    wavegirl22posted 13 years ago

Put your arms out and get ready to take all,
    This is New York, is running the play…
    Of course, ya all know who is the best,
    So spell it out loud with the…
    is J.E.T.S J.E.T.S, J.E.T.S, J.E.T.S!

2011 NEW YORK JETS PLAYOFF SONG

16. tony0724 profile image60
    tony0724posted 13 years ago

While I cannot take sides here since two of my favorite hubbers are fans of each team. I will say this, it is hard to bet against a team that beat Manning and Brady both on their home turf.

17. jimmythejock profile image83
    jimmythejockposted 13 years ago

I have to Root for the Jets simply because they are the best team and no one can beat them.....jimmy

18. Paul Edmondson profile imageSTAFF
    Paul Edmondsonposted 13 years ago

It's going to be very interesting to see how Sanchez does now that he's down two scores.  Let's go Jets!

19. I am DB Cooper profile image64
    I am DB Cooperposted 13 years ago

That was quite a second half effort from the Jets. From what I've seen this season, it appears coaches no longer have to take Putting The Game Away 101 as a prerequisite for coaching. Congrats to the Steelers, they earned it.

20. tony0724 profile image60
    tony0724posted 13 years ago

All Steelers that first half that killed the Jets.

21. sabrebIade profile image80
    sabrebIadeposted 13 years ago

Wow...I move to PA and the Steelers are going to the Superbowl.
    And Greenbay and the Steelers?
    Does this feel like the 1970s to anyone?

1. tony0724 profile image60
      tony0724posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Except I'm not wearing bellbottoms.

22. LakeShow T profile image73
    LakeShow Tposted 13 years ago

Congrats to former Vikings Defensive Coordinator, Mike Tomlin.

23. Kangaroo_Jase profile image75
    Kangaroo_Jaseposted 13 years ago

*sobbing*

1. wavegirl22 profile image50
      wavegirl22posted 13 years agoin reply to this

sobbing with you KJ sad

1. Kangaroo_Jase profile image75
        Kangaroo_Jaseposted 13 years agoin reply to this

One more quarter would have helped....... sad

24. prettydarkhorse profile image62
    prettydarkhorseposted 13 years ago

Congrats Steelers and GB. The Jets are impressive in the second half! Hugs Shari!

25. profile image61
    logic,commonsenseposted 13 years ago

The Steelers look like the latest version of the Steel Curtain!

26. Don Simkovich profile image60
    Don Simkovichposted 13 years ago

Stillers keep findin' ways to win. Break out the sauerkraut and kolbassi!!!

27. AskAshlie3433 profile image59
    AskAshlie3433posted 13 years ago

I knew it. I picked this one. What a game.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)