Stupidist thing you've ever done?

Jump to Last Post 1-17 of 17 discussions (36 posts)
  1. schoolgirlforreal profile image78
    schoolgirlforrealposted 13 years ago

I saw a video on youtube of a guy who (sat on a small glass and it broke you know..)

What's the stupiest thing you ever did--if you're not too embarrassed to say LOL
    tell us

1. profile image49
      Dj Candenceposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I dropped my phone down the toilet

schoolgirlforrealposted 13 years agoin reply to this

lol lol
        my friend dropped hers in the wash- was still in her pocket...

2. simeonvisser profile image67
    simeonvisserposted 13 years ago

I think many are too embarrassed to share smile

3. Eaglekiwi profile image76
    Eaglekiwiposted 13 years ago

Standing on the kitchen table and wondering if I jumped a little bit ,could I hit the ceiling?

I did! and knocked myself out ( guess I jumped higher than I thought,and the ceiling was lower than I thought)

Dumbbbbbbb lol

1. HForbes profile image61
      HForbesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I've done a similar thing - jumping on my bed to get some skinny jeans on and banging my head, luckily i didn't knock myself out but it hurt alot big_smile

2. Denise Handlon profile image86
      Denise Handlonposted 13 years agoin reply to this

lol

4. habee profile image93
    habeeposted 13 years ago

Jumped a very wide, very deep precipice on my horse when I was a teen. Scares me now to think what could have happened!

5. paradigmsearch profile image60
    paradigmsearchposted 13 years ago

I’d post my list, but the file size would crash the HP servers…

6. schoolgirlforreal profile image78
    schoolgirlforrealposted 13 years ago

I don't know, I've done a bunch of stupid things too.
    If I think of one good one, I'll let loose...oops! Not like that I mean lol roll!

7. camlo profile image85
    camloposted 13 years ago

I've done so many stupid things in my life, I don't know where to start ...
    Once I mislaid a hammer, and found it later in the fridge.

1. KCC Big Country profile image84
      KCC Big Countryposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Was alcohol involved, by chance?  smile

1. camlo profile image85
        camloposted 13 years agoin reply to this

No. That's what worried me most.

8. Flightkeeper profile image67
    Flightkeeperposted 13 years ago

I put salt in my coffee.  It didn't taste very good.

1. camlo profile image85
      camloposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Maybe I shouldn't say it here, but I knew a girl who spooned an illegal (leafy) substance in the teapot instead of tea leaves, and poured boiling water on it.

1. mistyhorizon2003 profile image89
        mistyhorizon2003posted 13 years agoin reply to this

I would so love to have tried that 'tea' wink

same here smile

2. Flightkeeper profile image67
          Flightkeeperposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Me too!

2. ediggity profile image60
      ediggityposted 13 years agoin reply to this

LOL, I did that as a joke in the office once.  I put a little Tupperware bowl with salt in it next to the coffee pot.  There were a few sour faces that day.

1. Flightkeeper profile image67

smile I bet!  I honestly don't know what I was thinking.  You could tell I wasn't paying attention.  The faces must have been priceless.

1. ediggity profile image60
          ediggityposted 13 years agoin reply to this

They were, what was even funnier was that the first two people left the container there after after it happened.  The third guy finally threw it out. lol

That's hilarious!  I guess the first two wanted to be in on the prank too. smile

3. evvy_09 profile image59
      evvy_09posted 13 years agoin reply to this

I put flour in mine before.  The bag was right next to the sugar bag and I just woke up in my defense.  But I've also stuck random stuff in the fridge.  Peanut butter, my keys hmm  and other stuff.
      It's getting where I don't even get weird looks from my family or friends anymore for dumb stuff.  I figure they can at least act like I'm semi intelligent and give me a "Are you drunk?" kind of look but no...

9. ChikkenPotPie profile image57
    ChikkenPotPieposted 13 years ago

I totalled my 10,000 dollar car recently just because I wasn't paying attention while driving.  Duuuummmmmbbbbbb. I really feel stupid about that one. sad

10. mistyhorizon2003 profile image89
    mistyhorizon2003posted 13 years ago

As a child I tried to pull a 'Spanish'  child-size flamenco dress over my head without first removing the coathanger. Somehow the 'hook' part of the hanger ended up jammed under my eyelid and I then yanked it out. My eye was undamaged, but streaming for hours afterwards.

OMG!!

11. Pearldiver profile image66
    Pearldiverposted 13 years ago

Got totally tanked at 16 and woke up next morning between April Lavene and her Mother yikes
    When her Father came in bringing breakfast!! yikes roll
    It's quite amazing how fast you can run with a hangover! hmm

12. Paul Wingert profile image60
    Paul Wingertposted 13 years ago

The stupidest thing I ever did was getting married and as a follow up, not filing for divorce sooner.

13. salt profile image59
    saltposted 13 years ago

Id rather think of the smart things I have done and plan to do!
    smile

14. profile image0
    klarawieckposted 13 years ago

LOL Talk about putting salt in the wrong places!

You know how sugar helps stop bleeding? Well, when my friend sliced her fingertip with a knife I tried it... except, I forgot it was sugar and put salt instead. OUCH OUCH OUCH!

Oooh, it's a good thing your friend forgave you, even though she might not have wanted to talk to you for about a day wink

1. profile image0
        klarawieckposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Are you kidding?! I never told her it was salt! She would have used the knife on me!!!

lol lol

15. KristenGrace profile image60
    KristenGraceposted 13 years ago

Hmm... most are from my childhood (well, we'll say that as I am choosing to ignore any past the age of 18 wink )

So, when I was about 8, I thought it would be a good idea for my friends and me to try and "sled" down the steps, like the kid did in Home Alone.  Right.  Well, we got in a laundry basket, and when that toppled over, instead of seeing that as a bad sign, we did sleeping bags.  Then we crashed into the wall.

It looked better in the movie.

One more... When I was 10 or so, we had a "hurricane" in Philadelphia.  Not like what you see on the news, more like a really REALLY bad rain storm and there was like 3 feet of water outside my house.  Schools dismissed early, and my friends and I were so excited, we all ran outside to jump, or swim, in the rain.  My mom saw us and had a FIT.

She said, "For future reference, when we have a HURRICANE, you stay INDOORS."

It sure was fun, though...

16. Denise Handlon profile image86
    Denise Handlonposted 13 years ago

Confidently drove my dad's borrowed car, which was a stick shift, to my girlfriend's house, with the brake on!  Burned the brakes out and burned my dad up, too.  lol

17. Rafini profile image82
    Rafiniposted 13 years ago

Did you say Stupidist?  Not really sure if this qualifies as My Personal Stupidist, but it was plenty Stupid!

Where I grew up there was a set of train tracks near either end of the dead end street I lived on, and both of them went across the river a block and a half away.  We did the normal things, like placing pennies and rocks on the tracks, just to see the damage the train would do.  Well...I guess that wasn't good enough.

Around the age of 8-9 my friend and I were on the train bridge when a train was coming.  We ran to the opposite side, and instead of running off the bridge, we stopped between the rails and squeezed between the railroad ties to drop onto the platform below.  We did this several times - until one time after I'd gained some weight and almost got stuck with my upper torso sticking up out of the railroad ties!  I had to suck in my stomach in order to slide through - Never Did That Again!!!  Scared me to death!!!

I tell ya, stupidist thing I've ever done!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)