How can one make his hubs to appear more on search engines?

Jump to Last Post 1-13 of 13 discussions (19 posts)
  1. accofranco profile image78
    accofrancoposted 15 years ago

How can one make his hubs to appear more on search engines? Please if u know u aren't prepared to answer this question as a way of assisting me to grow on HP,just don't post a reply.Plz i need serious minded detailed replies.Thank you.

1. darkside profile image62
      darksideposted 15 years agoin reply to this

1) Publish original, unique and useful content.

2) Backlinks. Links from other webpages to your hub. Search engines will find it quicker, and the more you have (from other quality sites) the more attention they'll give it that your hub is a webpage worth visiting.

There's no need to post this bit. It comes across as rude on your behalf.

1. accofranco profile image78
        accofrancoposted 15 years agoin reply to this

i added that because some folks would only post replies to distract others answering people's questions correctly.I'm sorry plz,if it sounded that way.Thanks for your advice,but how do i go about the backlink thing plz? Give me an instance to follow up.Thanks Darkside,u are a father indeed! I owe u.

2. Eric Graudins profile image60
        Eric Graudinsposted 15 years agoin reply to this

You got it in one Darkside. check out some of his other forum posts.

About all I have to say to you accofranco is to go and  search google.
        You'll find your answer there.

2. Tom Rubenoff profile image87
    Tom Rubenoffposted 15 years ago

Growing on HP and getting on the first page of Google are somewhat related, but are two different things.  I got on the front page of Google by writing about something that few others have written about, primarily.  But there are other things that help. 

Make sure that your hub has a title that contains a search phrase that people are likely to look for.

Choose tags that truly represent the content of the hub. 

On your hub, you will see the "Share" button.  If you click it, you will see links to various blogging and social networking sites.  Create a blog on one of the blog sites and create a Facebook page or other social networking entry.  Then, click the "Share" button every time you create a hub.  What this does is create links to your hub.  The more links a search engine "sees" leading to your hub, the more important the search engine will regard your hub and the higher it will rank in any given relevant search. 

If you encounter anyone looking for the info that is on a hub of yours, send them a link. 

Engage in the HubPages community - comment on others' hubs, join others' fan clubs, post here in the forum as you have just done.  The community will respond by visiting and commenting on your hubs, creating traffic that is not insignificant.  Search engines notice when there is traffic and follow it. 

Use as many of the different kinds of capsules as you can.  If you link to a YouTube video, have a relevant news RSS, as well as Google Adsense, Amazon, and Ebay, all these links help "spider" you more securely into the Web, thereby creating more paths that lead to your hub. 

Hope this was helpful.

3. bgpappa profile image77
    bgpappaposted 15 years ago

Not so much directed at the author of this forum, but there are a lot of these posts these days.  There are great hubs written on these topics.  Not only will you learn, it will give the authors of these hubs views that are rightly deserved to reward their hard work.

This will mean of course that you will have to put some work in yourself.

4. accofranco profile image78

Thanks to you Tom Rubenoff and all of u out there.Tom i am going to try your tips,its quite helpful and informative,i never knew this before,i never knew how 'share it' works.Thanks again.Plz do check my posts for more assistance.

5. darkside profile image62
    darksideposted 15 years ago

One way is 'organic'. It just happens naturally. If you have something that people find interesting, informative or unique they will, without prompting, tell others. Word of mouth.

The other way is to get involved in forums. You can either put link in your 'sig' (you'll have to look up more information on that yourself) or, once you've been accepted into a community, provide appropriate on-topic links to discussions where people are asking questions. Avoid joining a site and dishing out advice or making threads solely for self-promotion, that's the quickest way to get people offside or get banned.

Just today I posted a link to one of my hubs on an interest group at Facebook. I've been a member of the group for months and today, for the first time, I found the perfect opportunity to mention one of my hubs. It's not something I do often. But when I do I make sure it's appropriate.

There are a lot of Social Bookmarking Sites where you can post links to your hubs. Though if you post too many of your own webpages, they'll soon figure it out, and the site can either block the domain from you posting it, blacklist the domain (so nobody can post it) or ban your account. So it's a good idea to post sites and webpages, other than yours, that you actually recommend and are your favourites. And in amongst those sprinkle in a few of your own.

Whereever you go, don't consider it a race. Don't go hard and fast. Take your time. There is no rush to post all your links. Slow and steady will always win.

But you've got to do your homework. We can't spoonfeed it to you. You alone are familiar with your own content and should know who the primary audience is. So you'll have to do some research yourself. Promotion isn't a 'one size fits all' solution. As Eric has suggested it, do a search on Google. And as bgpappa has pointed out, there are hubs about this very topic. Do a search, you'll soon find them.

6. accofranco profile image78

I said u are a father,truly u are darkside.HP forum is fun and informative,wonderful people,kind-hearted,so helpful.I learn every second on this forum.Now i got another tip.Thanks,i will keep diging till i find that gold.Kudos!

7. BG Guest profile image59
    BG Guestposted 15 years ago

I have just done a search of keywords on google and I have found that one of my hubs has been placed at page one number nine, I'm so happy I took all of your advices
    thank you all

8. britneydavidson profile image60
    britneydavidsonposted 15 years ago

well this is really nice question and the best place to get people's views....
    i think for search engine first of all you need a really good qaulity hub..which will have proper keywords which you want to target...that keywords you can find through google....then after start working on it.....the mail aspects are backlink and traffic...the others are page rannk, ranking, reviews....as well....so keep targeting about back links and traffic....not hubpages internal traffic....you must need external traffic as well....and while doing this make sure you follow properly about nofollow and dofollow...i hope this would be help a bit to get idea...more on you can search some seo tips on google....all the best....

1. Eric Graudins profile image60
      Eric Graudinsposted 15 years agoin reply to this

@ Britney:
      You're right. Keywords are the foundation of anything you do, but there's a LOT of totally wrong information about them on Hubpages and on the net in general.

Keywords should be the first consideration if you are wanting to use HubPages to make some money.
      Here's an explanation of how they work, and how to select them.
      See http://hubpages.com/hub/How-To-Choose-S … e-Keywords

@ BG Guest - It's great that you are on page one - number 9.
      But is your term one that anyone is searching for?

There's so much garbage being spouted around regarding "Being Number One on Google". Often by people who should know better.
      In reality, it's VERY easy to get number one position in Google. The trick is doing it for a popular keyword.

Cheers, Eric G.

1. britneydavidson profile image60
        britneydavidsonposted 15 years agoin reply to this

thanx for your consideration....well i find my keywords through google insights...or adwords keywords....this give you the very close information...but dont pick the most generic keyword because there will be too much competition on it....try it i am sure its really nice...

9. BG Guest profile image59

I have to say that I did only search for the title I gave to the hub I wrote, and it is placed at google number one, and other variations of the title is at 9, this was my first hub about cement and there is two entres on google one is the hub and the other says the title name and "hot Hub" any idea what is the hot hub ? I will have a search for my other hubs using the titles only and see how they are doing

10. Eric Graudins profile image60
    Eric Graudinsposted 15 years ago

Hi BG Guest.

This is a prime example of my statement about it being dead easy to get to the top page of google.

There is only one page with the term "Cement Render in Bulgaria" on the entire internet , according to Google.
    Yours. Because it's the ONLY page in the world with that term, it's likely to come up on top if you search for that exact term. (Exactly like the "Rex the Ferret" example on my hub)

And search volume for the term is not high. You're probably the only person in the world searching for it.

Therefore, if you put the term into google search, your page will automatically appear at the top of the list.
    So Congratulations - You can rightfully claim that you have the number one position in google for your keyword.
    (But - whether it will bring you fame and fortune - that's another matter. smile )

And "Hot Hub" is a page on HubPages where popular hubs are featured. You're probably on that page because people clicked on a link in your profile after reading this forum post. (As I did)

If you can stay on the hot hubs page for a while, that's great.
    Regards, Eric G.

1. profile image0
      terrygposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Well that's all very good information, forum posts, high searched for keywords, being on page 1 of Google etc..

You need to think outside of the square. Every one does this, sig files in forums, article promotions, picking obsolete keywords and the like, its old hat and out of date.

The answer to getting any traffic is right under your own noses and until you start looking outside of the box for new an innovating ways, your pages will continue to languish and you will get no traffic.

A good place to start is to say to yourself, how can I get 60% of my traffic that is not from a search engine and your then on your way.

Pick any keyword, one keyword or a long tail phrase and if your thinking outside the square you will get traffic. People who write on keywords and page one domination know their stuff, and none of them, worth their salt, will suggest articles or the like.

Like I said, the answer is under your nose and to give you a hint, search for any term on a search engine and see what keeps popping up that is a real traffic getter. It's there, you just need to look.

And while I am on the subject, Google Adwords tool, why would anyone chase a keyword with searches per month and competing websites. Why not target those keywords that return no data, get the idea?

It would be remiss of me not to address the author of the thread, accofranco, do not rely on search engine traffic. The methods described here are methods practised by others all the time and that leaves what is called a footprint. Search engines have an algo that identifies footprints and rates the page accordingly, often downwards.

11. accofranco profile image78

Those keywords,should it be added to 'tag' or in the 'text capsule'?I need to know.In contrary to BG's circumstances,i searched for my own hub topic on google,it didn't show up,big challenge and bad situation.

12. BG Guest profile image59

Hi
    I just did the search again and found the hub was 1 and 2 of 4810, so I can only think that all the other results are results which have any one of the title words in different orders for exmaple only the word Bulgara, or Render but it is the guest house hub I find very attractive in google this is key to my campain

13. Lisa HW profile image61
    Lisa HWposted 15 years ago

Eric, I read your Hub about keywords and found it one of the clearest explanations I've seen.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)