green bay or pittsburgh

Jump to Last Post 1-28 of 28 discussions (36 posts)
  1. AskAshlie3433 profile image60
    AskAshlie3433posted 13 years ago

Who wins and why?

1. Nikki D. Felder profile image63
      Nikki D. Felderposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I say Green Bay.  Green is my favorite color!  Thank you, ncdf001

I love basketball, but am going to a Super Bowl party today for fellowship.  Maybe I'll get a liking...

2. manlypoetryman profile image81
    manlypoetrymanposted 13 years ago

Pittsburgh...because they can!

3. Mighty Mom profile image76
    Mighty Momposted 13 years ago

Green Bay.
    Too much pressure on Big Ben to win a 3rd.
    Steelers' center injured (unless he has been cleared to play?).

4. Moonchild60 profile image75
    Moonchild60posted 13 years ago

Good question.  There a few in my family from Wisconsin so it's GREEN BAY!!  Oh wait, I have about a dozen from PA that are hard core Steeler Fans...Go STEELERS!!!  Sorry, I can't choose a side without getting beat up.

Steelers are Hardcore, but Packers want it BAD....you never know.  It's not just skill, it's luck.

5. AskAshlie3433 profile image60

I know Pitt is tough but I like Green Bay. Rodgers has the talent to be one of the best and their defense is clost to Pittsburgh's. The Steelers know how to win the nig one though.

6. Michael Willis profile image67
    Michael Willisposted 13 years ago

Green Bay by 3. I wrote about the Why. lol

7. LakeShow T profile image74
    LakeShow Tposted 13 years ago

I am going to go with the Steelers in this game. The Steelers have the Super Bowl experience with players on their roster and the Packers do not. With that said however, Rodgers always gives the Packers a chance. I believe this will be a 4th quarter game and perhaps one of the epic 4th quarter battles in Super Bowl history. Both Roethlisberger and Rodgers are clutch QBs who will come through for their teams when they need it the most. Like I said though, when the smoke clears and the dust settles, I think the Steelers will win this game late. I really do not have a score prediction as of yet. It could be a low-scoring game because of the pressure of the Super Bowl combined with two of the top defenses; or it could be a game where we see a lot of efficient, ball control, drives where we see very few punts.

8. AskAshlie3433 profile image60

I agree with you Lake. The Steelers have a big advantage over the Packers with the experience. No matter who you are, playing on a stage like that will make anyone nervous. Since Pittsburgh has been here before, it does give them a little edge. But, if Green Bay stays cool, calm, and colective, they will defeat the Steelers. If not, Green Bay will find themselves stuck in a hole that they can't climb out of.

1. LakeShow T profile image74
      LakeShow Tposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yeah, exactly. Nobody has more pressure on them in this game than Rodgers. As a result, the game could very well be determined by how well Rodgers does or does not handle the pressure of the ultimate stage. The thing is though, if Rodgers does not play well the Packers cannot win. But on the other hand, if Roethlisberger does not play well, the Steelers can still win. That's what they do. That's why I give the edge to the Steelers, knowing very well that Rodgers could carry the Packers on his back with a great game if he can handle the moment.

9. Pearldiver profile image67
    Pearldiverposted 13 years ago

I'm a Phillies Fan.... So Go Steelers - I liked Penn State when I spent time in the States smile

10. optimus grimlock profile image60
    optimus grimlockposted 13 years ago

it depends on how well ike taylor guards greg jennings and how well starks and mendenhall run. I dont see ike shutting down jennings and could actually see him having a big game on the other hand i see mendenhal having a big game as well. I still think greenbay wins by 7.

11. profile image60
    logic,commonsenseposted 13 years ago

Former Green Bay defensive back, Matt Bowen picked Pittsburgh on ESPN.

12. jobister profile image60
    jobisterposted 13 years ago

I want GB to win b/c Pitt has too many championships. Its time for a new QB to win it. Hopefully GB can do it.

1. LakeShow T profile image74
      LakeShow Tposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Green Bay has actually won 12 NFL Championships compared to Pittsburgh's 6.  But then again, all of the Steelers titles have been won in the Super Bowl era which gives them the most during that time. Either way, these are both historic franchises. I would like to have seen some new blood in there, but I guess we have to work with what we've got.

13. Gypsy48 profile image75
    Gypsy48posted 13 years ago

Pittsburgh of course!

14. Greek One profile image62
    Greek Oneposted 13 years ago

sadly, Pittsburgh will win because they have the better quarterback overall.

It might even be a blow out

15. ediggity profile image61
    ediggityposted 13 years ago

Green Bay by 10.  I see a lot of hype for a big disappointment.

1. ediggity profile image61
      ediggityposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I knew I should have wrote 6.  lol   Sorry if anyone lost money off my prediction.

16. tritrain profile image71
    tritrainposted 13 years ago

Green Bay by 2.5

17. prettydarkhorse profile image63
    prettydarkhorseposted 13 years ago

I am biased this year because I am a fan of Steelers! GO STEELERS!!!!!

Will you wear a Super Bowl Champs hat if they win?  smile

1. prettydarkhorse profile image63
        prettydarkhorseposted 13 years agoin reply to this

yes if I have that hat..

18. EYEAM4ANARCHY profile image72
    EYEAM4ANARCHYposted 13 years ago

I like Green Bay and the under. The Packers are hot right now, they have a hellacious defense, and the Steelers' are going to really miss Pouncy against that pressure.

The Steelers also have a great defense, so it will probably be a close game,  but I could see the Pack running away with it if they get on a roll.

19. janiek profile image58
    janiekposted 13 years ago

Go STEELERS!!

20. AskAshlie3433 profile image60

With Pouncey now out, Green Bay has the advantage. They can apply pressure through the middle and Big Ben will not be able to step up and make a play. Pitt will have to bring an extra guard over to the middle and you could see one on ones on the outside.

21. hubzer profile image60
    hubzerposted 13 years ago

go 6BURGH go make it a stairway to 7. Big O move the ball just a little bit*DO NOT TURN THE BALL OVER* and run like we are playing the Jets.Big 'D' play like the best because THIS D is the best in the N.F.L. Cheers Hubzer

22. drej2522 profile image68
    drej2522posted 13 years ago

I'm going with Green Bay! It's a game of quarterbacks, and honestly, Rodgers looks like the better guy.

23. David 470 profile image81
    David 470posted 13 years ago

Well considering I live in PA, near Pittsburgh, I want the Steelers to win.

However, I believe the steelers can lose if there offensive line goes to hell. The steelers have a great defense, but if they can not keep their offensive line even decent, it could give green bay an advantage.

I think the Steelers can win( I hope they do) just as long as the defense very good, and the offensive line is bareable.

The disappointing thing is, Steelers main center will not be playing. I'm not sure about the packers injuries though.

My prediction 30-24 Steelers. (Rough prediction)

24. profile image0
    Travis_S_Musicposted 13 years ago

Greenbay, with a final score of 49 to 6! Because Tosh.0 told me so tongue

25. profile image0
    ralwusposted 13 years ago

If I only knew the answer, I'd be mighty rich come Monday.

1. Enni82 profile image61
      Enni82posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Green Bay wins 59 to 6... Because Tosh.O predicted it this week on his show! And you know that those guys at Comedy Central really know their sports! ha!

26. optimus grimlock profile image60
    optimus grimlockposted 13 years ago

27-21 pack and please have the burn unit ready for poor ike taylor!!!!

You were close, they still got it by 6.  lol

27. AskAshlie3433 profile image60

I called it!

28. AskAshlie3433 profile image60

Just thought I would reply to myself. Sometimes I get lonely. lol

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)