I can prove God(s) Exist

Jump to Last Post 1-17 of 17 discussions (134 posts)
  1. Chouji-Von-Lycan profile image58
    Chouji-Von-Lycanposted 13 years ago

it's simple, of course they exist, otherwise how else would we so readily know what they are, if they didn't exist we wouldn't know about them to argue of the existence of them

also, if you think of God(s) as the force, that makes things be, then they exist, otherwise, things wouldn't exist

1. qwark profile image61
      qwarkposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Lycan:
      What is/are this/these "god" things you are writing about proving the existence of?
      If you are going to just offer an opinion as "proof,"of this/these "god" things, don't bother.
      Qwark

Chouji-Von-Lycanposted 13 years agoin reply to this

like i said, it's the force that makes things be, i didn't say they were a conciousness, just a forge

what is gravity, you can't see it, it's just a force

1. qwark profile image61

Lycan:
          ...and you don't read well either.
          I said if all you have to offer is opinion in ref to what this/these "god" thing/things are, don't bother.
          I'd suggest a class in 2nd grade English for ya.

Shameful!

Qwark

1. Midnight11 profile image61
            Midnight11posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Well speaking of second grade English, you may wish to find a dictionary.

That way you will quickly learn that "you" is not spelled "ya"

Some people are incredibly retarded

2. Chouji-Von-Lycan profile image58

but what i am getting at is not an opinion, it is a fact, there must have be a force that created

even if you believe in the big bang theory, what created the big bang, soem particles rubbing together, what created the particles, a force, there must have been a force that created this chain reaction

in my theory, God was that force, the very prove of our existance is proof of that force

that is my proof

1. MarcellusShale profile image60
              MarcellusShaleposted 13 years agoin reply to this

First of all if your begining statement was true then smurfs also exist, and they do, as an idea someone thought up. Your second argument is a little better. Only because its harder to argue because it makes so little sense. You could substitute anything for god and make the same case. I could say "bananas are that force".

2. Dave Mathews profile image61
        Dave Mathewsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Lycan nobody bothered you. You simply decided to jump in with your 2 cents worh of belittling others and doubt. Listen up kid, God exists! If he didn't neither would you.

1. Beelzedad profile image58
          Beelzedadposted 13 years agoin reply to this

That's quite a 'belittling' response, Dave. smile

1. Dave Mathews profile image61

Beelzedad: if you feel belittled by the truth, than so be it. God's truth will not be quietened, just because someone gets offended in what He has to say.

In other words, you can say whatever you want to anyone and then defend it as the "truth".

Let's try to remember Dave, that it isn't your god speaking those words, it is YOU! smile

If as you say God does not exist and if as you say the words I type here are my words? Explain this to me. How did the words I speak or write enter into my mind before I speak or type them? Who or What and How are the thoughts and word responses formed for me to type.  I believe that God's Holy Spirit gives me the thoughts, the words and I use my fingers to type the letters to form words and sentences and thought.

From the bible? Or, your own version of biblical scripture.

The brain, of course, unless you are denying you are in possession of one.

Yes, and under that contrived guise you assume full freedom to say whatever you want and never have to take responsibility for it.  Yes, god told me to do it. We've seen the results of that kind of belief. Airplanes into skyscrapers sort of thingy. Remember. smile

Beelzedad: I asked you how did the words,thoughts, enter my mind before I even speak them or type them. Not where did they come from. I have not quoted scripture from the bible to you.

Of course I have a brain but how are the thoughts arriving in my brain if not placed there by God's Holy Spirit?

Please do not compare me to some fanatic crashing planes. Granted they claim that they are doing it in the name of their god, but I know of no god that would direct someone to do such a horendous thing and claim it in his name. My God would never ever ask such a thing of me or anyone else.

2. MarcellusShale profile image60

Exactly, "your god", everyone elses is wrong. Its silly for those other idiots to believe in their stupid god, everyone knows my god is the only true one. did your god tell you he hates fags? how about to burn books? or ignore the fact that the world was round till 100 years ago. did your god tell king richard to kill all those people during the crusades?

Thanks for your comment Dave

but actually, some body did bother me, they went on about how he could prove God didn't exist by going on about electrical gates and binary language as though this was a defining answer

granted his statement was well in depth, but, stating something just because you believe in is daft, just as i stated i could prove God just to strike back at the argument.

Thanks again

Chouji

3. profile image0
        just_curiousposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hey qwark. It's hard to pin down a definition because he changes so much. Last time I saw him he was about 6'2" with (and I know this sound odd) dreadlocks. They looked really good on him. I think he was posing as Hawaiian, or something.

Anyway there's your proof.

Do not question this concept again.

1. qwark profile image61

Aw Curious:
          When someone tells me not to do something, The "lil kid" in me says "I'm gonna do it!"  lol
          The last time I saw "him," "it" was a bald, female, Mauri with alota facial and body tatoo's.
          Is this damned "god" thing a "shapeshifter?"
          I'm so confused...smile:
          Qwark

1. profile image0

Oh. That's my bad. I thought this thread was about a god. You're talking about the God? That's just creepy.

1. qwark profile image61

yeh! creepy!

2. kess profile image61
      kessposted 13 years agoin reply to this

The existence of God cannot be proven from one mind to another...

Each requires it own proof...and what soever that man believes.. then to him he has created a god for himself by himself.

And the nature of his God determines his nature and outlook of Life... or death as each case might be...

And that god can be aything from nothing unto all things...

Nevertheless There is one God of Truth which is cheif among all Gods...not because he has exalted himself among the others but becaause he has humbled himself unto Truth and Truth alone...

Thus his exaltation comes, not by other but Truth itself...

and just as He is so Am I...

1. MarcellusShale profile image60

Not a believer but that was very smart.

3. DoubleScorpion profile image79
      DoubleScorpionposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I know what Fairies are...and have discussed them in detail with friends on various occasions. I also know what Unicorns are, I have even watched movies with both of these beings in them as key players of the plots...does that make them real things? Beliefs are just that...beliefs...you cannot prove that god does or does not exist...however the form in which some gods are claimed to exist can be proven wrong.

an interesting point, i've never seen fairies, but lack of evidence for their existance isn't the same as evidence of their none existance

maybe they do exist, i'll let other's decide that one

1. britneydavidson profile image60
          britneydavidsonposted 13 years agoin reply to this

No need to prove God exists, this is truth and we have to accept it, like we cant see air but we can feel it same way we cant see God is he is incorporeal same like us, as our real identity is soul, and we have taken this coutume (body) to play a role on this earth. And we can see God with thrid eye that is knowledge of eye.

4. pennyofheaven profile image79
      pennyofheavenposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yes energy works for me.

1. Cagsil profile image69
        Cagsilposted 13 years agoin reply to this

God implies infinite intelligence. Energy isn't intelligent. Therefore any use of labeling "energy" as god is absurd.

Energy isn't intelligent. Intelligence is derived from consciousness. Without consciousness, intelligence doesn't exist.

1. pennyofheaven profile image79

What is consciousness? Is that not energy?

No, it's not. Consciousness has no classification. It was something that came from an expansion of the mindspace. It's not super-natural either.

Yes agree it is not super natural nor does it have a classification because it uses the brain and the only way they can measure it is through the brain. Outside the brain it cannot be measured. Does not mean it is not energy because it cannot be measured.

It's not energy. It's mind space. Increase capacity of storage and use of storage.

Can you explain what mind space is? ?What does it store?

Capacity for learning. I thought you would know that.
                    What does one see? What does one learn? What does one experience? smile Your mind space is the brain(the capacity of your brain). The brain works on impulses(energy). How your mind space is used is up to you. Once you understand. It's like a harddrive, store and retrieve, information/knowledge/pictures/experiences.

2. profile image0
          zampanoposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You and I know that what you're saying is not that accurate.
          The notion of God implies infinite all right, which means faith.
          And that is no subject for discussion. Point.

About energy being the source of intelligence or that energy is derived from consciouseness, that's pure rethorics. And it leads nowhere.

The universe has an intelligence of it's own and we are but mere subjects.
          Someone said that we (humans) are the consciouseness of the universe.
          So we are the consciouseness of the intelligence of the universe.
          Ain't it good for the end of the evening ?
          Still rethorics, but in a somewhat more positive way.

Anyway, it's better that saying that our god is petrol.
          And that we invest colossal sums on its behalf.

3. Chouji-Von-Lycan profile image58

God implies worship/beliefe, not intelligence, it's very easy to believe in an energy that created

2. kess profile image61

God is Light..
        To the carnal mind light is the highest form of energy...

But God is beyond Light and is consciousness, which is the sum total of all knowledge, intelligence...

Consciouness/Intelligence is all knowledge streamlined to work in harmony with each other...This is Life.

It contrast it self with death. where all is in disorder, chaos darkness, unconsciousness...

The Mind is this consciousness and is beyond the brain...
        in the carnal man this consciousness is divided... thus we see, we hear, we feel...but all these experiences are merely part of the whole, which is knowledge...consciousness.

The carnal mind takes the divided consciousness and put it to work against itself rather than in harmony with itself...this goes against Life thus it is death.

So if a man continues to live only for the fleshly experiences, he dies because he works against his own self and he has created death for himself by himself.,

When a man comes to the knowledge of Truth which is Life.. he now understands the way Life works... and rather than working against it he works in harmony with it...

To achieve this he must change the way he thinks...he will quit following the divided sensations of the body..but follow the one principle upon which  Life exist...

that is "Love your neighbor as yourself"....this is a way of thinking from which all actions flow....and this one can do no evil because what so ever he has done flow from the correct mindset......

Hope this clarifies some of the confusion..

Agree consciousness as far as the finite mind understands is beyond any description we have. Consciousness for me is an energy that cannot be described but energy is the closest logical description we have available.

1. kess profile image61

Once you consider your mind as finite.. then you close it....

The  mind is infinite...it is always so... to those who believes it is finite..they make it so of themselves and for themselves....

Yes it is infinite I do agree. That isn't what I was saying however. I said as far as a finite mind (closed mind in your description) understands consciousness is beyond description. So in order to communicate with finite minds way of perceiving one needs to speak in language that is understood. Which is logic. There are many who advocate the infiniteness of consciousness then there are those that don't.

1. profile image0
                jomineposted 13 years agoin reply to this

mind is infinite?

what is mind made of, for it to be finite or infinite?

Depends on the neurons firing in ones brain. If one uses only 9% of the brains capacity this is finite. If one uses more of the brains capacity you are expanding the usage of infinite.

2. skyfire profile image77
              skyfireposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Mind is finite ... thoughts are infinite.

1. kess profile image61

How does the finite mind contain the infinite thoughts??

again upsided down thinking.....repentance to adust

1. Mark Knowles profile image58
                  Mark Knowlesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Infinity is a concept. It does not exist in reality. Therefore you can hold an infinite number of concepts in a finite mind.

You are the one thinking upside down. sad

1. kess profile image61

So to restate...
                    infinity is a concept of the mind....

concepts of the mind are thoughts and also infinite...

but the mind itself is finite....

I say those who thinks so dies....because their thinking is upsided down...

what do you say?

2. Beelzedad profile image58

That would your personal description not exactly shared by those who understand biology. smile

Biology only understands within the limits of language. "closest" is like 'accurate' in the world of physics.

If its not energy for you. Don't worry, it can be anything you want it to be.

And you are above biology? You are able to go beyond the "limits of language"? Tell us more.

Unlike yourself, I observe and understand the world around me as it is, not like I want it to be. I do understand why believers want the world to be a certain way rather than what it really is, but the problem is that there are so many believers with so many different versions of the same reality. You appear to have come up with your own version and your own definitions of words to describe that version, as well. smile

No neither have I claimed to be.

Oh you mean make it up just as science does? If so ok if you say so.

An interesting way to mock something you don't understand. I really thought you were beyond that Penny. Science doesn't make up things. It discovers things or creates new things. wink

Oh my, dear me. At this point, Penny, it is no longer viable to carry on a discussion about science. I mean, just look at what you said.

Is that what you honestly believe? Oh my, dear me. sad

5. profile image0

what is god?
      consciousness is self awareness a function of brain..
      even if you use 100% of your brain how can mind, a thing that does not exist(which is only a function of brain-a concept) be finite or infinite?

1. All_is_well profile image60
        All_is_wellposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Really ineresting take you have Jomine, 4 short lines with so much meaningto it. Thanks for sharing!

6. Beelzedad profile image58

Those are classic examples of logical fallacies. Replace your god with anything conjured from the imagination and the statements bear equally.  smile

7. qwark profile image61

Lycan:
      What you are trying to prove is that "god" = Serendipity.
      I can buy that.  smile:
      Qwark

qwark

you're slightly over stretching the boundries of serendipity, but yes, this has been my notion since the start, the God in which i refer doesn't need to be believed or worshipped, it doesn't know what these things are, it's just a force with the ability to bring about existence

but thanks for your comments, they've been fun

oh, i've put some final notes at the bottom of this if you wanna check them out

8. Chouji-Von-Lycan profile image58

Deleted

1. Mark Knowles profile image58
        Mark Knowlesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yes - the word "God," has traditionally been used to fill in the gaps in our knowledge, which is what you have just done. Glad to hear it didn't write a Holy Book for you though.

There is a far, far simpler alternative to "something has to create everything." wink

9. profile image52
      Lesllyphilipposted 13 years agoin reply to this

thanks for this post, i also believe in god i am full faith of god.
      http://musclexedgereview.wordpress.com/

10. Titen-Sxull profile image72
      Titen-Sxullposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I also know what a fairy is, a  Jedi, an elf, Bigfoot, a wizard, a troll, an ogre, an orc. I know what all those things are. I know what superman is too. Yet I don't believe any of those things actually exist. Are you suggesting that human beings couldn't have come up with the concept of God without one existing? That's absurd in the highest degree.

2. profile image0
    Home Girlposted 13 years ago

Things do not exist just because we can imagine them.
    I can imagine a lot of things. big_smile
    But I am not going to lie about them and tell that they are real.
    Though some people do that too.

many htings exist because people imagined them, why not gods

I agree, a good example of this would be electricity.

Thales of Miletus was the first known researcher of electricity, many people thought he was insane for thinking electricity could be used in such a way as we use it now.

His imagination gave light to many of the things we take for granted now.

3. skyfire profile image77
    skyfireposted 13 years ago
    1. fatfist profile image68
      fatfistposted 13 years agoin reply to this

MORAL ARGUMENT (II)
      (1) In my younger days I was a cursing, drinking, smoking, gambling, child-molesting, thieving, murdering, bed-wetting bastard.
      (2) That all changed once I became religious.
      (3) Therefore, God exists.

Describes my past life to a T.

Sadly, I now find my Pastor groping & fondling me after Sunday service yikes

4. profile image0
    just_curiousposted 13 years ago

Well, I think there must be a God. If there weren't, why would be talking about him so much?

1. qwark profile image61

...'cause we're "children" in the playpen trying to make sense outa everything in the room.
      Qwark

1. profile image0

Well, since you said we, I'll agree. Ain't life grand?

1. qwark profile image61

...so far? YEP! smile:
          Qwark

It's probably a calendar thingy or something like that. Belief in gods is a year round, 24/7 subject. I'm sure if Santa Claus came down our chimneys everyday of the year, he too would be a regular topic for discussion. smile

1. profile image0

Apparently non belief is a full time job also.

5. Simipage profile image60
    Simipageposted 13 years ago

I don't wanna explain more openly because it's wrong to say things by ourselves according to and about my religion......

I would say to understand the "God", go over the religious' books where you can find something interesting which might inspire you about something.. There are things that we didn't know until the modern age but were written in holy books.

There was my friend who was unbeliever and he once asked me why? and also, he said "everything is the system" when i said that everything made by God. so i gave him a example such as " yes everything works as a system, but there has to be someone who created it and is controlling it"

You can apply the Newton's law, "Every object in a state of uniform motion tends to remain in that state of motion unless an external force is applied to it."

If still have more questions, research on it by reading different religious books, anything else.

Ask yourselves why nonbelievers become religious after researching on religious books, What thing there is that changes their whole life.

But Why? Hm? 
    Ask Yourselves......

"You cant change something unless you have intentions"   

That's it.

1. qwark profile image61

....and that is pure, unadulterated, trite, ignorant sillyness!
      Tch, tch.
      Qwark

the only ignorance being shown is the disbeliefe that there was a creating force that created life

i think what is happening here is my message is being taken out of contexts,

i'm only arguing to prove the existence of a force that created existence, i call this force god

i'm not arguing to prove the existence of a robed man with a beard with some divine plan that defines our fate

if you can not beleive the simple fact that there was a force that created existence, then you may aswell believe that you don't exist

like i mentioned before, your existence is the proof that this force exists, if it didn't exist, we wouldn't exist

1. qwark profile image61

Lycan:
          Of course there was a creator. "It" was serendipity!
          Your forum title is:

"I can prove god/s exist."

Your first sentence should define "god/s" as you refer to "It/them" in this message.

Before I can consider this forum subject, I must know what you mean when you say "god/s.

As you presented it, all that  you offer seems to me to be trite religious BS which proves nothing.

Qwark

You clearly do not read any of the comments properly.

He has clearly stated that he is an atheist, and did define what "god" is, the definition being the force behind all creation.

The forum is not here to express "god" as any kind of religious being/entity, but merely defines the aspect of some higher power.

This does not mean some concious being, merely a force similar to that of gravity, unseen, unconcious and natural.

1. qwark profile image61

...and I went back to see if he had defined this god as he sees it...and responded.
              His "god" = serendipity....and I agree.
              Thanks tho for the thought.
              Qwark

6. profile image0
    Travis_S_Musicposted 13 years ago

You can "prove" anything to anyone all you want, the fact of life is, though, that you can not make them believe it. They must decide on their own whether they want to or not. Personally I don't see any harm in believing. The harm that is often pointed out is that caused by these so-called "prophets" (false prophets) that take the very weak minded and manage to make them believe some crazy thing about religion that's very untrue. Most of these are called cults. The religious wars going on, that is because of small difference, be it the belief in a different type of god, or no belief it all. Atheism isn't free from this ongoing battle. They are a big part of it, because of their arguments that there is no god of any sort. Because of people with that belief that there is none, it sparks a little flame in various religions that do believe and causes anger, just as any disagreement among people would cause, and in turn, causes arguments, which lead to fights, which lead to battles, and finally wars. It's all about choice, and in America especially, people hold their "written freedoms" so dearly they would rather die fighting for them than live accepting some limitations must exist.

i rather like this comment, thanks for this smile

7. SpanStar profile image59
    SpanStarposted 13 years ago

I find it so humorous that some people are desperated that someone prove the existence of God.  Just Prove God Exist and to what end?  It wouldn't Matter One Tiny Bit if one could prove God's existence-Faced With That Fact THEY WOULDN'T CHANGE ONE THING ABOUT THEIR OUTLOOK ON LIFE.  It's not about proving the existence of God it's about having things my own way and with the existence of a righteous God means we can't live any kind of life.

http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-shocked009.gif

it's amusing, im not desperate to prove the existence of God, i just had some spare time

but you're absolutely right, it's not about proving God exist, it's the influence on that person that that knowledges has, for instance, i could very easily prove the son exists, but that doesn't mean we have to sit around believing it and praying to it, we just know it exist and carry on with our lives

in my argument all i'm saying is God is that force that created things, i'm not saying it's a concious though that panned anything, or has a divine plan, just a force to exist

8. acts38-39 profile image61
    acts38-39posted 13 years ago

God loves you all and wants you to experience peace and life,
    abundant and eternal. And yes God do exist. There is one God,
    the true living God. The Bible says, "we have peace with God
    through our Lord Jesus Christ. "Romans 5:1.

For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son,
    that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have ever
    lasting life." John 3:16

Jesus said, "I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly." John 10:10

God created us in His own image to have an abundant life. He
    did not make us as robots to automatically love and obey Him, but gave us a will and a freedom or choice.

We chose to disobey God and go our own willful way. We still
    make this choice today. This results in separation from God.

The Bible Says, "For all have sinned and fall short of the
    glory of God." Romans 3:23

"For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal
    life in Christ Jesus our Lord." Romans 6:23

1. Woman Of Courage profile image61
      Woman Of Courageposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Amen.

2. TinaLynnLove profile image75
      TinaLynnLoveposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I second that Amen..

9. habee profile image91
    habeeposted 13 years ago

I know there's a god. I once heard His voice.

Actually Habee, what you and any other paranormal experiencer ever had was a "right-brain" experience. But, good to know. Thank you for sharing. wink

2. profile image0

if you here voices without a body be careful!!
      if you are not insane then it is the first sign of temporal lobe tumour

3. secularist10 profile image59
      secularist10posted 13 years agoin reply to this

This might help to explain those voices. I give you the God Helmet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8YPOTaUyvA0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nN3ggRgY7Ac

1. profile image0

you really should study some neurology...

1. secularist10 profile image59

Why do you say that?

10. Joy56 profile image68
    Joy56posted 13 years ago

just saying amen because everyone else is, is this the end or something......

Good point

11. thirdmillenium profile image60
    thirdmilleniumposted 13 years ago

Do atoms and molecules think for themselves?
    How did they know they had to become certain things? Like billions of atoms bonded together and became a liver, a pancreas etc. Were they programed to do it? If they were, who programed it all?

How did the trillions of atoms in the digestive system know of the gravitational force that the Earth exerts on everything? How did the digestive system place mouth on a higher level and intestine at a lower level facilitating the passage of food downwards, for, downwards the must go with gravity pulling the it down. Why was anus at the bottom most level? Did it know that excreta had to make its exit through it and the Earth's gravity will always be pulling the excreta down and so it (anus) had to be where it is?

Did all this all happen by the process of evolution? If evolution is the way, how was this digestive system perfect from day one and did not evolve over time?

Lots of questions that do have answers, and if you spent the time to seek them out, you'd have a better understanding. smile

1. profile image0
        Home Girlposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yes, and digestive system is not perfect and it did evolve over time.

12. Chouji-Von-Lycan profile image58
    Chouji-Von-Lycanposted 13 years ago

Thanks to everyone that's contributed in this forum blog, even qwark, lol

I know the message isn't quite clear in my first statement, but i wanted to leave room for doubt, so thta people would get stuck in and involved, if the message was clear form the start no one would have replied, well, not as many

so my final notes on this are

God is the force that created, it is not a conscious being with a divine plan for us all, but a natural force, such as gravity.

It does not care if you believe or disbelieve in it, as it doesn't even know what beliefe is, but it will keep on exist regardlessly

Even if you are an atheist and believe in the Big bang theory, there is still room for doubt, such as, what caused the big bang, a need for existance must have been present, a force that caused it all to happen, in my claims, i have called this Force God, for as, what better name could you give an energy that has the protential to bring everything into existance,

unless you have stronger evidence to disprove this theory then there is no real reason to disbelieve in it

as Midnight11 has quite clearly stated, I am an atheist, i don't follow any religion, but, to completely disregard the fact that something had to create everything is completely ignarant,

So for myself, I have created a way that I can know a God figure created, but not believe in a Robed man in the sky, I am an atheist, yet i respect the fact that there are religious people out there

13. secularist10 profile image59
    secularist10posted 13 years ago

"it's simple, of course they exist, otherwise how else would we so readily know what they are"

Because humans created the idea of gods, and the idea has remained in many cultures for thousands of years. That's how.

"also, if you think of God(s) as the force, that makes things be, then they exist, otherwise, things wouldn't exist"

Of course everyone is free to define God or gods in any way they wish. If I choose to define God as an apple pie, then it's obvious that God exists.

If we define God as gravity, or energy, or the Big Bang, or the universe itself, then of course God exists. We have ensured that God "exists" by simply making "God" a synonym of something else that is known to exist.

However, this is a disingenuous exercise because God and gods have always been supernatural entities in human beliefs, and have had very unique definitions.

Still waiting for the proof for God.

by definition that would be one heavenly apple pie smile lol

i like your views, very good views, but the argument has progressed a little since the first statement,

but yes, everything is free to depict God as they wish, i have simple stated that God was the energy that created, not some divine man with a plan for us all, it's all mention above

there is no real proof, but a theory, some force/energy must have sparked everything off, that energy is God, and atheist and religious persons alike can not deny the fact that something have to cause reality, it couldn't have just happened on it's own, or did it, unless any of the fellow hubbers have a time machine we'll never really know, but for now, it's a fun argument

but, on a serious note, you probably dont want to go around saying your apple pie is God, that's just the ravings of a mad man smile

1. secularist10 profile image59

Indeed. Isn't it interesting that an apple pie God is the ravings of a madman, but claiming a man was born to a virgin woman 2000 years ago, and then died and came back to life, is totally reasonable to most people.

I was responding to your most recent comment as much as to the first. Most of this discussion has been the typical "Amen" stuff of the religious and the snarky zingers of the atheists.

Again I say what you are doing here is disingenuous, to arbitrarily define "God" as something that it has never been defined as. It is no better or worse than arbitrarily defining "God" as an apple pie, just so you can say "it exists... but it's not what you thought."

The energy or force that created the universe is very interesting, but it cannot be God because it does not meet all of the other criteria of "God" as God has been defined. You are referring to something else besides God. Maybe a vague "life force" or "the force" of Star Wars, but not God as it has been conceived by Abrahamic religions and even many non-Abrahamic ones.

i was wondering how long it would take some one to say star wars lol, thank you for doing so

granted, the god i speak of doesn't fit all the criteria that most people would think of when thinking of the term god, such as wise, knowledgeful and so on, but it has the ability to pull things into existance and that's enough for me

for me, i am happy with the knowledge that i exist, i don't need to believe in mor ethan that, i can live, experience thngs, how lovely debates with people, and i can enjoy this knowledge

for some people though, they need soemthing more, which is possibly the reason why a big man in the sky was created, they wanted to know if there was more than what we have already,

whethere there is this god in which religion talks of exists or not may never really be proven, neither atheist or preist can fully prove their point, but the arguement is always fun to see what people say

so again, i thank you for your comment smile

2. qwark profile image61

Naw! I just named the "force" "applepie."
        Good enuf for me...smile:
        Qwark

Qwark

i like this idea, do you reckon we could pull it off?

"Come and worship the all might Apple Pie!"

though i suppose, from what i can see some people already do smile

Chouji

14. qwark profile image61
    qwarkposted 13 years ago

Dave:
    Your thought should have ended with this comment you just made: "... I know of no god...." Finis!
    Qwark

15. MarloByDesign profile image78
    MarloByDesignposted 13 years ago

What if God were one of us?

1. kess profile image61

we are all gods

Makes sense to me.

I guess that would depend on the definition, as you keep saying. tongue

16. Stan Fletcher profile image59
    Stan Fletcherposted 13 years ago

This was all an incredible waste of time, kind of like reading People magazine, but I enjoyed it somehow.

most discussions of god usually are smile lol

17. accofranco profile image78
    accofrancoposted 13 years ago

God exist gods also exist, but God is the supreme. i am an African, a Nigerian to say, in my community, people to consult a sort of god worshipped by our ancestors, to obtain extra-ordinary powers to: prevent bullets from penetrating their bodies,offer them luck in businesses,cause others to die either through sickness or direct death,prevent knife from piercing their bodies, etc, i have witnessed them al happen, not being told it happened. in fact people that bows down to this gods and their powers, do lots of unimagineable things, they also do vanish and reappear at will.

why am i telling you all these stories? to give you a practical proof that God exist. therefore, if such a god that has the power to do such evil and silly things exist, why doubt the existence of its opposite and superior to say, a God?

don't allow yourself to be fooled by peoples' theory and unimagineable facts that God doesn't exist, if you do, i promise you would regret not too far...a philosopher from France was once in this situation, he published a lot of books, articles, booklets, etc proofing how he thought doesn't exist. but on the edge of his death, he was clearly shown that he was so wrong, he cried bitterly, pleading the nurses and relations to please go and withdraw all his money and go back to his publisher to print this word "God exist, forget my former arguments" and he ordered that it be made available to all the places his publications reached for free. please dear friends, stop arguing about this, God truly exist. you can check out a hub i wrote on this topic, it will help answer your question and curiousity. Thank you all!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)