Do guys prefer "bad" girls over "nice" girls? Poll vote now.

Jump to Last Post 1-26 of 26 discussions (55 posts)
  1. LadyTwizzelton profile image60
    LadyTwizzeltonposted 13 years ago

The never ending battle of good girls vs. bad girls. Taking a poll now with your votes for Bad Girls or Good girls.
    Bad
    Good
    The nice guys say the like nice girls and don't want to deal with ego driven, bossy women. But, the nice girls out there observe that guys date girls who they are afraid of; i.e. "I have to go or my girlfriend will get mad." They seem to have a boss that they can get in trouble from.
    Opinions wanted to find out the truth. Do nice girls stand a chance in the dating game? Vice versa as well (nice guys)

1. thisisoli profile image71
      thisisoliposted 13 years agoin reply to this

From personal experience I would say I have only ever used bad girls for one thing.

2. JeffreyBrown profile image40
      JeffreyBrownposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Howdy,

I feel many younger men prefer the bad girls and the older men prefer the good girls most of the time,the reason is younger men are more interested in sex then a relationship and older men are more interested in a good partner and a relationship.This is not how all men young or old feels,but I feel safe to say this is the majority.

Wish you a great day

1. albc profile image60
        albcposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Could not agree with you more. I can handle bad children quite well, but bad girl - I wish I did not meet her anytime in my life..

3. onlinearticlespk profile image57
      onlinearticlespkposted 13 years agoin reply to this

nice girls are preferred

4. profile image52
      subtalkposted 13 years agoin reply to this

when ever a guy need a fling ,they don't care if they turn a good girl bad.but with good moral ,i hope they choose a nice girl

5. Dave Mathews profile image61
      Dave Mathewsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Do you know the difference between a "Good girl" and a
      "Nice Girl"?
      A "Good girl" goes to a party, goes home, goes to bed.
      A "Nice girl" goes to a party, goes to bed, and then goes home.

1. thebluestar profile image76
        thebluestarposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Oh dear that's an old one lol

6. dusy7969 profile image60
      dusy7969posted 13 years agoin reply to this

I'd have to say bad girls. All of the "nice girls" that I ever dated turned out to be as manipulitive as the bad girls, if not more so.

7. profile image0
      KerryMaxCookposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Definitely bad girls. Girls who know how to take charge, know what they want and put the male in his place and keep him in line.

8. webguyonline profile image57
      webguyonlineposted 13 years agoin reply to this

i prefer nice girls, why? well it's because they're nice, they doesn't cause you headaches

9. Mikel G Roberts profile image74
      Mikel G Robertsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

The desire for an absolute this works everytime answer is not possible. The true answer to your question is that we all want a "someone" as unique and different as our mental images of our perfect matches are.

For me personally I want a publically "nice" woman that is naughty when we are alone. A woman not afraid of life and not closed off to new ideas and new things. What I don't want is a "bad" woman in the sense of a user, lier, manipulator, cheater or abuser.

Being a "bad-girl" in the sense of being an unconventional sometimes non-follower type that brings excitement and spontenaity to the relationship is the positive connotation to this term. As the boring and never compromising prude is the negavtive connotation to the "nice" girl concept.

The bottom line is there are good and bad in all of us in varying measures, the trick is finding the correct mixture that compliments our own unique mixture.

10. esllr profile image60
      esllrposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Being a good girl has it's privileges. You will always find out quickly who is the bad boy plus you are the one with the marriage proposals. Men don't take bad girls home to meet mom.

2. shynsly profile image60
    shynslyposted 13 years ago

That's a tricky question... and could possibly be worded a bit differently. I'm married now and got what I wanted, lol... but I think for me, at least... I prefer a girl who is MOSTLY nice but definitly has her "bad" side.

I think we may have a different definition of "bad", though... I think of it more in terms of "naughty", or at least not a goody-two-shoes, prude, stick in the mud, etc. But that's not the same as "mean".

I wouldn't tolerate a flat-out B-word, nor do I know many guys that would. It's exhausting and just makes life miserable. It's one thing to have a spine and to have your opinions, but to be a you-know-what just for the sake of it, why?

3. MadCowWritings profile image59
    MadCowWritingsposted 13 years ago

I love the yin and yang of them so I must pick both.

4. Don Simkovich profile image60
    Don Simkovichposted 13 years ago

A bad girl with a nice personality . . . or a nice girl who can have a bad personality . . . and a nice smile -- whether straight on smiling or seductively.

5. Libra Rajani profile image61
    Libra Rajaniposted 13 years ago

I think younger men may want a bad girl simply because of what he assumes she will do. As he ages, his wants and needs will change. For most older and wiser men, the play will be out of him and he will lean towards a good girl;someone he can take home to mommy. However, some men luck out and get a good girl in the boardroom and a bad girl in the bedroom.

6. skyskater profile image60
    skyskaterposted 13 years ago

What you are really asking is: Are there more bad guys than good guys... being good deals with the heart, no matter the weakness of the flesh that may make one unreasonable. Choosing a bad girl or a nice girl all depends on character

7. RDSPhD profile image60
    RDSPhDposted 13 years ago

hmm hard to say but I would say nice girls are preferred when it comes to a long term relationship. I mean if she was bad when you first met her in a club or a bar chances are she won't change much even in a relationship. Same counts for men who are trying to pick up girls by playing a "bad guy" that's just more a "short-term focused strategy" wink.

8. bturn12 profile image60
    bturn12posted 13 years ago

I think men perfer bad girls not a nice girl.

9. ndnfoodie530 profile image60
    ndnfoodie530posted 13 years ago

bad girls.

10. Greek One profile image64
    Greek Oneposted 13 years ago

i prefer the ones who know how to make a good ham sandwich.

vaginas are all the same.. but a good ham sandwich is hard to come by

what a sexist remark, but sad that many men like the same.

1. Greek One profile image64
        Greek Oneposted 13 years agoin reply to this

on the contrary...

I am saying that body parts are interchangeable.. and that there are more important things than a woman's body

1. Bronson_Hub profile image59
          Bronson_Hubposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Surely you jest!

No, I don't.. and don't call me Shirley smile

Greek One,  do you like movies about gladiators?

2. esllr profile image60

Only inexperience can say that and you can duplicate a good sandwich smile

Madam, only EXPERIENCE (too much of it), can make me say that...

and I'm talking about a GREAT ham sandwich, not just a good one tongue

http://www.family-getaways-melbourne.com/images/Ham-and-Cheese-Sandwich.jpg

1. esllr profile image60

lol!

1. profile image0
            kimberlyslyricsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Now that's good big_smile

11. profile image61
    logic,commonsenseposted 13 years ago

I love good girls that are "bad"!

best of both there. Good answer

12. Black Lilly profile image61
    Black Lillyposted 13 years ago

There's only one thing I know about good and bad:

Good girls go to heaven, bad girls go everywhere wink

13. Pcunix profile image89
    Pcunixposted 13 years ago

I prefer MY girl.

Forty four years married this summer.

1. prettydarkhorse profile image62
      prettydarkhorseposted 13 years agoin reply to this

awesome

2. thebluestar profile image76

Gosh, prison sentences are less. I have been with my guy 14 years now and don't know who needs the medal most. Nice to hear of someone being happy, and wishing you many more years.

1. Pcunix profile image89
        Pcunixposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Prison sentence?

More  like endless vacation, never ending party, perpetual friendship..

14. thebluestar profile image76
    thebluestarposted 13 years ago

What if we say that men marry brunettes but date blondes. (no reflection on blondes). I think that most men like a bad girl but when it comes to marriage and trust they go for a good girl instead.

15. pisean282311 profile image62
    pisean282311posted 13 years ago

In my dictionary there are only two types of girls....good girls and very good girls...tongue

16. Moonchild60 profile image75
    Moonchild60posted 13 years ago

When I was 15 my grandmother shocked my sister and I by telling us "Always present yourself as a lady to the world, but be a whore in bed".  We turned to look at each other to check if we had both heard correctly.  This meant never leave the house looking frumpy, get your hair done, nails done, look clean and well taken care of, never curse in public or act inappropriately and never discuss sex or politics in mixed company.

I am a good girl with a "bad girl" side.  This has worked great for me in my life.  I strongly advise it.

I think we have the same grandmother.

2. profile image0
      KerryMaxCookposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I probably like the "bad side" as a submissive male who believes in the Superiority of the Female.

17. Keith Worth profile image59
    Keith Worthposted 13 years ago

Depends on what I'm looking for at the time: if I'm looking for a long term relationship with a girl, more than likely she'd be a good girl.

If I want something more casual and fun: then I'd go with the bad girl route. Bad girls can be more fun, in small doses at least, but it's the good girl you want in the long run as what starts as fun can quickly become drama.

18. Bronson_Hub profile image59
    Bronson_Hubposted 13 years ago

I've been afraid of girls yet attracted to them as far back as I can remember.  I avoid, yet seek both good and bad girls at the same time. This may not end well.

1. cheaptrick profile image73
      cheaptrickposted 13 years ago

The perfect woman..."A women should be the epitome of a lady in public...and a complete whore in the bed room"...Queen Victoria
      I'm lucky enough to have just that.

2. know one profile image60
      know oneposted 13 years ago

"For innocent pecks she turns out her cheek, yet
      longs for the tongue that turns all resolve weak.
      But nice girls don’t ask for - and rarely will get -
      what bad girls demand and almost never regret."

And I second what moonchild60 says. It's the only way to go!

3. profile image61
      logic,commonsenseposted 13 years ago

All girls are good, just some better than others! smile

4. Jeff Berndt profile image71
      Jeff Berndtposted 13 years ago

So, you mean, "Mary-Ann or Ginger?"

Mary-Ann, no question. I might be able to talk to her about something other than Hollywood, for one thing.

5. Harvey Stelman profile image61
      Harvey Stelmanposted 13 years ago

It depends on what you want from them, at that time. You must be talking about a first date, or you know what you've got. H

6. luvpassion profile image62
      luvpassionposted 13 years ago

How about sometimes Bad? wink

1. gguy profile image60
        gguyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Sounds like a plan, I like moonchilds M.O. above!!

7. profile image0
      kimberlyslyricsposted 13 years ago

Bad to the bon
      Alway your best bet

1. profile image0
        kimberlyslyricsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

smile

sad)

8. profile image0
      kimberlyslyricsposted 13 years ago

http://s3.hubimg.com/u/4633182.jpg

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
    Necessary
    HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
    LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
    Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
    AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
    Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
    CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
    Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
    Features
    Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
    Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
    Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
    Marketing
    Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
    Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
    Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
    Statistics
    Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
    ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
    ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)