who am i?

Jump to Last Post 1-9 of 9 discussions (36 posts)
  1. janni321 profile image58
    janni321posted 13 years ago

I don't get the terminology very well.
    could anybody figure out who am i?

here are my views

1. i do not believe in any religion and any god
    2. i think that the existence of the whole universe may not be planned and it may be the result of an accident or whatever you call it but before this happened ''the existence of the universe'' there must be something and in future if the universe just vanishes, there must be something.. my point is there is a reason behind all of this and that reason may be something like god.
    Note: when i say god i do not mean any kind of religious god, so do not take it in that way. i just name the reason of everything

Please tell who am i? a theist, atheist or agnostic..
    also feel free to ask any questions

Thanks

1. kess profile image61
      kessposted 13 years agoin reply to this

A persons identity should be unique to himself from himself by himself of himself.
      If this is not so then he runs the risk of being a pperpetual slave unto another..

This is the way of all false religion and intellectualism in this world...they offer men a false identity so as to enslave them into their pattern of thinking. 

wake up look around it all around you.

the one who is aware of his true identity, is free and though is in this world , also know that he already beyond this world and will not be enslaved by nothing in this world.

2. profile image0
      Brenda Durhamposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You're .... empty.
      Question---are you looking for a label to place upon yourself, or are you looking for the knowledge of the Truth that will fill that void?

janni321posted 13 years agoin reply to this

i don't know the truth. If you mean ''the truth'' is god, jesus, allah or whatever the religion then I am not into this. I am completely fed up of this religion thing. please give me a break and give me what you call ''the knowledge of truth''

1. kess profile image61

Your error is the error of most men, they entrench themselves into a belief without the knowledge of truth.

The establish a thing to be true within themselves yet they still boast about not having the knowledge of Truth....

So you can see that You are your own worst enemy....
          Only you can hide yourself from the knowledge of Truth...

The best place to start is to sit with yourself and ask questions of yourself...If you get an answer without any doubt, then you have found Truth.. If there is any doubt...then you also know you have not found Truth.

Another thing that you can do is when dealing with your neighbor, do you treat them the same way you would like to be treated?

Again Only Truth can teach you itself and not another man...

Because You are the knowledge of Truth..

okey.. i have done this so many times and answer was the same that i cant know the truth its like beyond my imagination. I think the truth is we cant know the truth or there is no truth at all smile

1. kess profile image61

My friend if that was truly true you would not  have conclusion without knowledge of truth..

It obvious that the thing which you believe to be truth is actually false..
              And like I said you hide Truth from yourself..

So truly you have not done this....

may be another day I find this truth smile

3. Cagsil profile image70
      Cagsilposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Be careful what you ask. lol

However, I am inclined to agree with Kess, just to be simple. smile

I know what I am asking and I DO NOT BELIEVE IN GODDDDDDD

1. Cagsil profile image70
          Cagsilposted 13 years agoin reply to this

What you believe is completely up to you? Just learn to recognize why you believe what you do believe and don't confuse belief with truth, because most often a belief isn't truth but is a leap of faith. wink

4. profile image0
      Motown2Chitownposted 13 years agoin reply to this

If you're looking to see where you'd fall in the spectrum of belief or non belief, which is how I read the question, then the answer is that you are agnostic.  You hold that you do not know and cannot know the ultimate cause or reason for the universe.  At least that's what I would say based on your list of introduction.

Based on the picture, I'd say you're Johnny Depp.  Is he agnostic?

Thanks for asking. :-)

thanks for the reply Motown2Chitown
        i am not jhonny depp but i am a fan of him

5. Iontach profile image68
      Iontachposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hmmm maybe your atheinostic, a mixture between  atheist and agnostic. Seems like you are Janni321.

thx for the reply lontach

6. profile image51
      paarsurreyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You are just a creation of the Creator-God; looking for you destiny.

7. Pierre Savoie profile image61
      Pierre Savoieposted 13 years agoin reply to this

All that can be safely deduced is that you are a Non-Slave Non-Sheep.  You entertain thoughts that there might be some kind of Prime Mover that you call "God" for lack of a better word, but you have not been channeled and brainwashed since birth, in some "flock" by some religious "pastor" (from an ancient word for a shepherd).  Therefore, you do not have a raft of tertiary beliefs about how this God thinks and how you must therefore act.  Bravo.  Mental freedom tastes good, doesn't it?

Yes, it is pretty relaxing. I am enjoying the freedom
        Thanks smile

2. Midnight Oil profile image80
    Midnight Oilposted 13 years ago

There are no accidents....

okey. then what? would you please more specific?

3. aka-dj profile image66
    aka-djposted 13 years ago

You are in a class all your own,
    An ACCIDENTALIST. lol

very funny you GODONOLOGIST

1. Rajab Nsubuga profile image61
        Rajab Nsubugaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

What you have to keep in mind is that, as long as you are alive you will be a human being whether you are normal or above normal.

2. profile image0
        bolt1951posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hey Janni321, you are just a human being no more no less and you are not empty, your question is a rightful question for a young Man, in reality everyone is always asking the same thing and if you listen to anyone of them they will always stear you wrong, Especially the religious ones, pay this question not to much attention for no one has an answer just live your life and enjoy yourself, because the answer to most of your questions of our existance lies in only one answer and that is LOVE.
        Love yourself and find someone to Love you in return but most importantly try to give love to those around you and you will get love in return. be honest with yourself and follow your heart. the more complex the questions are the simpler the answer is. confusion is not new some of the people that seem like they have the answers at times are more confused than you. And most of the time what ever things appear to you try to look at it the opposite way. Example. when you were young if you recall there was always a bully running around, why do you think he was a bully? the answer is he has more fear than others so he uses that tactic,
        it is a fact that must bullys or so called tuff guys get killed by someone that has more fear than them, that is why they strike first. because of fear.
        so enjoy your experience on this thing called life for it is a short ride. Take care and live free without restrictions of any kind. no religion, no politics just fun and love because everything else is really man made and used to control the masses. Perhaps you should See The Book Of Eli Movie and you might get a glimps of what most use religion for. And Politics another man made piece of work. All False and used against us all.

Hi Bolt1951, Thank you for sparing time for me. You make my mind more clear about life and I am not thinking much now. I appreciate your approach and glad that there are people who have free and beautiful thoughts like you. smile I will watch this movie The Book Of Eli

1. profile image0
            bolt1951posted 13 years agoin reply to this

janni321 your welcome, I am so glad I was of some help now pass it on to thers and you will be fullfilled. And The void will disappear. Take Care of yourself My friend and live life.

4. recommend1 profile image61
    recommend1posted 13 years ago

You are just a normal guy like most of the population of this planet - the question you ask only exists because a minority of people believe in the existence of some kind of overseer god - which creates the question for your (normal) 'don't know' position.

I would suggest not even thinking about it as the unknown is just that - unknown.

Yes, I agreed with you that unknown is unknown smile
      Thanks

5. profile image0
    Home Girlposted 13 years ago

People have been asking that question for thousands of years, killing each other right and left in a process, and you want somebody to figure it all out for you??? Not so fast, my dear, not so fast... big_smile

nice one wink

6. marshacanada profile image69
    marshacanadaposted 13 years ago

Jannie you have started an interesting discussion.
    I think you are a type of agnostic-as are most of my friends.
    Why do you want to know? Do you feel names and lables help clarify your thinking? Were you raised in an agnostic family or a religious family? Do you care/

Yes i think that it will clarify my thinking.
      I am actually raised in a very religious Pakistani muslim fundamentalist family but here I am, an agnostic and I do not care about who i am. It is really exciting for me smile

7. profile image0
    BunuBobuposted 13 years ago

I think you need to give yourself time to grow and soon enough who will decide for yourself.

I went through something similar when I was Catholic and I slowly began to realise that God was a fairytale,  but remember that you are not a label but a diverse human being.

you are right. After posting this thread and going through some very thoughtful replies, things are going to be more clear in my life now. but you are right that it will take time. There is very cool community here on hubpages and it always give me new thoughts.
      Thanks smile

8. profile image51
    paarsurreyposted 13 years ago

who am i?

A human being in search of Truth.

9. Bellamie profile image58
    Bellamieposted 13 years ago

Agnostic

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)