Happy Monday Morning. Traffic is up.

Jump to Last Post 1-14 of 14 discussions (21 posts)
  1. paradigmsearch profile image60
    paradigmsearchposted 13 years ago
  2. paradigmsearch profile image60
    paradigmsearchposted 13 years ago

I should have just said “Happy Monday”. I keep forgetting that international thing… smile

3. Kdban101 profile image60
    Kdban101posted 13 years ago

Traffic is up compared to weekends, but still nothing compared to previous days. We will have to wait more to be sure everything is on the right track.

4. IzzyM profile image87
    IzzyMposted 13 years ago

My traffic is up too, but only because the weekend is over. I am still 25% down on what I was a week ago. And my earnings have tanked, and by a much greater rate than the loss of traffic would suggest:(

1. profile image0
      ryankettposted 13 years agoin reply to this

That's because US traffic is the most lucrative, closely followed by UK, which we can expect to lose a lot of too sad

5. profile image0
    TopUniverseposted 13 years ago

So far not a big increase in traffic from google.com, I will set it at the end of the day.

6. Cagsil profile image70
    Cagsilposted 13 years ago

Traffic still pretty steady. Some hubs doing better than others. wink

7. profile image0
    Nelle Hoxieposted 13 years ago

I am showing the slightest improvement in adsense earnings. On February 23, my Hubpages adsense earnings tanked to $2.39, yesterday they rebounded to the abysmal level of $9.69. Today I'm at $3.20 at noontime. We'll see.

8. Spacey Gracey profile image39
    Spacey Graceyposted 13 years ago

You happy recovering people are depressing me. I need a drink but kids aren't in bed yet so will have to make do with another coffee.

1. profile image0

Well my post certainly wasn't happy.

I know that the global change will be coming, and that will probably make me cry.

Although not literally, I don't do crying, but crying inside wink

2. Andrew0208 profile image57
      Andrew0208posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Gracey, why are you getting depressing? Make sure you are dancing along with the Google Dance.

9. profile image0
    Nelle Hoxieposted 13 years ago

I don't think the word happy was used in my post.

10. CMHypno profile image84
    CMHypnoposted 13 years ago

Sounds like drinks all round then - my traffic has been up a bit today, but nothing to write home about

11. Pcunix profile image91
    Pcunixposted 13 years ago

Outside of HP, I'm seeing no drop in traffic or CTR, but I AM seeing a major drop in RPM.

Of course, that could be just end of month advertising budget depletion.. but I don't usually see that at my site, so this is a bit different.

1. Spacey Gracey profile image39
      Spacey Graceyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Could people be pulling their ad budgets while they wait to see what happens and if the dust settles?

1. profile image0

Gosh I hope so.

Ultimately the only thing more important to Google than the search experience is the advertisers.

If they object to changes then that could be the way back!

1. Pcunix profile image91
          Pcunixposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Back to what? Junk as usual?

Is that what you really want? To compete against artificially promoted junk?

To find that same junk when you search?

Yes, yes, I know: you are still finding it now and you are NOT finding good stuff and SERP's are all confused.  But are you really wishing for Google to just give up and let it all go on?

1. profile image0

If I had faith in Google to sort out the rankings then I would be supportive.

As things stand I am seeing results which are just plain unfair or highly irrelevant.

12. Spacey Gracey profile image39

OK maybe not happy, happy is a strong word to use so soon, but it sounds like your traffic has bottomed out.

I am trying to concentrate on my own stuff, but these forums are soooo alluring dammit.

13. Spacey Gracey profile image39

Surely plenty of advertisers are going to object to the top spots being taken up with Amazon, Target and Walmart. I've been doing loads of research trying to understand the winners and losers, what the rising websites have the the falling ones don't etc etc, and I have returned plenty of searches where Amazon makes up 3 of the top 10 results....not helpful for searchers, and not helpful for anyone else on earth trying to sell that product that may be advertising with Google.

14. Spacey Gracey profile image39

I don't want it to go back, I want it to go a little further forward than has done. And then stay still for a bit so I can figure out what rose to the top.

The emphasis has definitely been taken off keywords in titles and in the text, which has made me write more comfortably all weekend.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)