This is how you make Bing your homepage. How many will?

Jump to Last Post 1-7 of 7 discussions (26 posts)
  1. bgamall profile image68
    bgamallposted 13 years ago

Here are directions for making Bing your homepage. http://www.bing.com/customizeBrowser

1. Kdban101 profile image60
      Kdban101posted 13 years agoin reply to this

You have declared war on Google, isn't it ? wink

bgamallposted 13 years agoin reply to this

No, not really. If things pop back I may use them more someday. You cannot declare war on the only game in town. You can just hold up a protest sign. smile

1. Pcunix profile image91
          Pcunixposted 13 years agoin reply to this

What are you protesting?

That they are trying to clean up search and haven'y yet got it perfect?

Putting web 1.0 sites first is not my idea of cleaning anything up.

We all understand that there are glitches currently.

The question is, should they just do nothing or try to move forward?

Are you familiar with "You can't make an omelette without breaking a few eggs" ?

2. profile image0
      ryankettposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I made it my default search bar, but I'm not making any search engine my homepage!

Correct, this makes it your default search bar. Sorry for the slight mistake. smile

3. Pcunix profile image91

I'll use Bing on the same day that pigs learn to fly.

Let me put it this way:

If both Google and Microsoft would sell your children into slavery to make a profit, Microsoft will also send you a monthly bill for their room and board and make them pay for the expense of sending you that bill and then rag about all of it at the stockholders meeting!

1. Kdban101 profile image60
        Kdban101posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Just curious, why do you hate Microsoft?

1. simeonvisser profile image68
          simeonvisserposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Bing is copying Google's results anyway so you still end up using Google tongue

2. Pcunix profile image91

Educate yourself.

1. Mikeydoes profile image43
            Mikeydoesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You obviously like the Microsoft people that work here though right ? smile

I don't like Microsoft the corporation.  I've had friends that have worked there, yes.

It's not that they are more "evil" than anyone else (though sometimes they really are). It's that they are really, really bad at what they do. They ignore time honored and time proven standards and screw up other folks's software. They are bad programmers, bad designers and constantly late to the ball wearing yet another copied dress with a hand-lettered label that will probably fall off before the night is over.

What they have been good at is dirty business and strong arm tactics.  If you admire ruthless business, yeah, Microsoft is admirable.

1. Mikeydoes profile image43
                Mikeydoesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Ha, I haven't looked hard in to Microsoft like you have, so I can't say you are wrong, that is for sure.

2. bgamall profile image68

Pigs have learned to fly. http://www.facebook.com/pages/A-lot-of- … 2446105767

992 thousand people are fans of pigs learning to fly!!!

2. simeonvisser profile image68
    simeonvisserposted 13 years ago

I won't, why should I change my search engine.. just because one of their changes is not favorable to our dear HubPages? Things haven't even settled yet.

Dear Hubpages? Why did you say that?

1. simeonvisser profile image68
        simeonvisserposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Isn't that the reason why some people here are annoyed by Google's change? If they weren't writing (and earning) on HubPages, why would they care?

It just came across as sarcastic.

3. skyfire profile image80
    skyfireposted 13 years ago

If i continue to see demand media's results for my search query. I'll swap search engine for that query.

I want to get my work done and i don't care who helps me to do that.

4. Cagsil profile image71
    Cagsilposted 13 years ago

I wouldn't make Bing my homepage. wink

5. nakmeister profile image66
    nakmeisterposted 13 years ago

What genuine search engine alternatives are there (if any) to Google and Bing? And are they any good?

Sure - they are just wonderful.  My Analytics:

Search Engine Visits February 2011
      Google     205,659
      Bing     3,963
      Yahoo     2,930
      Ask                356

6. waynet profile image68
    waynetposted 13 years ago

After Microsoft gave us Vista...I think not!
    I have my local internet provider Karoo as my home page,because they have excellent customer service.

7. IzzyM profile image87
    IzzyMposted 13 years ago

I used to use alltheweb as a search engine, then google came on the scene. It was such a daft name I stuck with them. Might seem a daft reason, but we are all creatures of habit. For me to change, something a lot better needs to come along.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)