Google earnings going down

Jump to Last Post 1-9 of 9 discussions (15 posts)
  1. alexadry profile image94
    alexadryposted 13 years ago

In the past three days my Google earnings have plummeted considerably. I am talking about less than half the usual amount I earn daily. What can be causing this? Has any body had this happen to them. I usually make the same amount each day with little shifts in between, but this is something very unusual.. anybody else experiencing this?

1. kschang profile image86
      kschangposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Google's trying to weed out content farms and the tidal wave is hitting Hubpages also.

I understand their intent as the content farms are basically polluting the search results with... crap, but until they tweak their algorithm properly to separate the chaff from the wheat, our stuff will be affected as well.

There needs to be some sort of a ratings community, and a rating of ratings community as well. Sort of like WOT, but for individual articles / hubs, with a hint of Wikipedia's editing / editorial community. People who give ratings that others agree with gets higher scores. People who give ratings nobody agrees with get dumped.

Maybe I should put this in feature requests. big_smile

2. Max_Power profile image60
      Max_Powerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hi Alexadry,

Now that ten days have passed I am just wondering what the outcome was, specifically if your earnings and numbers have bounced back yet?

The word is that google have been tweaking their changes and that quality articles (which I notice that yours are) should return to their previous position, or better.

Has this been the case in your experience?

2. profile image0
    ryankettposted 13 years ago

If you read almost every thread on the front of the forum, you will see that Google has changed its algorithm. Possibly permanently, your traffic may come back or it may not.

1. newadamadamz profile image58
      newadamadamzposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Deleted

1. simeonvisser profile image68
        simeonvisserposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You can read the announcement by Google here: http://googleblog.blogspot.com/

2. Pcunix profile image91
        Pcunixposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Start at http://googleblog.blogspot.com/2011/02/ … es-in.html

and then come back here and read more forum posts.

3. mdlawyer profile image44
    mdlawyerposted 13 years ago

Yes it keeps fluctuating. In my case sometimes it goes down considerably. After a few days it comes back again.

4. andromida profile image55
    andromidaposted 13 years ago

My earning is not that much, but my today's traffic is significantly down, almost 30 to 40 percent lesser than my average daily traffic.I just hope my traffic will come back soon.

1. alexadry profile image94
      alexadryposted 13 years agoin reply to this

They are still plummeting and this is getting frustrating. This is what I hate about working at home: just when you think you have a steady type of income (even though not enough to make you earn a living) it becomes highly unreliable.

Things like this should not happen, the earnings I am seeing these days are the same I used to see a year and a half ago when I had considerably less articles. It's like all the hard work you put is gone in an instant. I am just hoping this is a temporary thing..

1. Ritsos profile image39
        Ritsosposted 13 years agoin reply to this

yep I'm only a few days in and no dollars (as expected) but was looking forward to writing and making a bit of cash for it too .... Will have to keep an eye on this I guess over the next few weeks

5. briancassingena profile image62
    briancassingenaposted 13 years ago

Hey Alexdry, you should be in the best position to answer this question - if you're tracking where your traffic is coming from and what they're doing.

Are you using Google Analytics? Tracking programs? Your server logs? Google SERP checkers? If you're making any money on the internet, you must use these systems and others to make sure that if google does slap you, you know it's happening on the day, and you can formulate a plan to counter it.

I'm going to assume it's the big google change which has done it to you. Your plan could be to take a good look at any content you've been relying on for traffic, finding out exactly what will help it rank in The New Google and making the appropriate changes.

I'm sure not too much of your competition will do this so it's a fair bet you're content will rank much higher after this anyway.

6. barryrutherford profile image76
    barryrutherfordposted 13 years ago

Alexadry - the feeling is mutual.

7. Sweetsusieg profile image75
    Sweetsusiegposted 13 years ago

I don't make a whole lot, just a few dollars per day, but today has 0.0 earnings... with 122 views that is really odd...  I was hoping to make payout by the end of the month, but at this rate I don't see it happening.

8. Isabellas profile image72
    Isabellasposted 13 years ago

I guess I am the lucky one in this. My income actually went up ten fold. My views have went down by about 20%, but it is not as bad as the sitewide stats from what I have seen in sites. So hopefully I know that this is something that is odd. However, I know that if you check out the Ezinearticles blog you will see the topics that got hit hard. You can also check out potpiegirls websites most recent post to see the % of searches done on those 7 topics it is quite shocking. Hopefully people can take that information to heart and see what topics are being hit hard by this slap.

9. caninecrtitics profile image61
    caninecrtiticsposted 13 years ago

Is anyone seeing a huge drop in amazon sales?

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)