Obama is to blame!

Jump to Last Post 1-12 of 12 discussions (60 posts)
  1. habee profile image92
    habeeposted 13 years ago

* for global warming...er...climate change

* for our local basketball team's losing at the state finals

* for Red Lobster's changing their lobster bisque

* because the Westerns channel no longer shows old reruns of Big Valley

* for my granddaughter's cat getting run over by a car

* for my lower back pain

* for the incompetence of the GA Dept of Revenue

* for our crazy neighbor

* for my burning hubby's cornbread last night

* because my grandkids don't like Brussels sprouts

I'm not sure how, but I know the POTUS is somehow responsible for all the above. And no, I'm not a big Obama fan, but he's kinda startin' to grow on me. I'm just tired of the CONSTANT Obama bashing - and I'm a Republican (usually)! And yes, I got tired of all the Bush bashing, too. I just don't think a steady diet of it is healthy. Once in a while - yes. But not 24/7.

1. tony0724 profile image59
      tony0724posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Habee this might surprise you but the Libs blame him too !

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/linda-ber … 35158.html

2. pisean282311 profile image63
      pisean282311posted 13 years agoin reply to this

oh my friend broke off and it is all bcoz of obama , he didnt provide good employment and so my friend couldnt gift her on valentine...

well he has to be blamed for India loosing cricket match against south africa too...he has to be blamed for death of paul octopus too...lol usa presidency is toughest job because people blame president even for their own mistakes lol...

3. lady_love158 profile image61
      lady_love158posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Well it's nice you can joke about it... I have less of a sense of humor when government impacts my life in so many negative ways. You call it bashing I call it education... far too many are not holding Obama accountable for his actions. Like it or not Obama is creating policies that are hurting us all and I'm not going to sit by and praise him for it just because some of his fans find my criticism tiresome or distasteful... oh and I doubt you're a republican... at best you're a moderate democrat even if you're afraid to admit it. I'll bet you even voted for Obama.

1. pisean282311 profile image63

hey dont worry obama would have hard time winning in 2012...but obama is not the problem , once he goes you yourself would see it...

2. lovemychris profile image76
        lovemychrisposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Why don't you criticize his policies then, and leave the personal stuff out?
        That's what is so offensive.
        You all look like the bullies at my grandsons' school.

1. BillyDRitchie profile image61
          BillyDRitchieposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Perhaps you can point us to a single personal attack that LaLo has made?

Then again....

2. pisean282311 profile image63

lol ya and most of his policies are in response King Bush -II , the man who ruled over usa , iraq and afghan and took usa down....

1. Jim Hunter profile image59
            Jim Hunterposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Most of his policies are Bush's.

ya and i loved bush as far as his ability to make me laugh for concerned...usa's economy was coming down and neither bush ,nor obama can do much about it...they tried in way they know but atleast bush could make me laugh...obama is too serious ...

1. habee profile image92
                habeeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Right. The POTUS can't just wave a magic wand and make everything better, no matter who he (or she) is. Would McCain have done a better job? I'd like to think so, but we'll never know.

3. lady_love158 profile image61
          lady_love158posted 13 years agoin reply to this

What personal stuff?

3. habee profile image92

You'd lose that bet, Lalo! We were strong McCain supporters. I donated to McCain and made phone calls for him. Hubby still has the McCain stickers on his truck - in fact, he has two of them! We also had McCain signs in our yard. If you doubt any of this, hubber Randy Godwin, a liberal, can attest to it. We had numerous debates about Obama and McCain.

I identify most with the GOP, although I don't agree with all their views. Lalo, I'll go as far as telling you exactly where I stand:

1. Abortion - I hate abortion, but I don't think it should be illegal. It should be done on a case-by-case basis, and it should be done EARLY. Once the fetus is capable of feeling pain and reacting to its environment, it's too late - unless the mother's life is at risk. If Roe v Wade were overturned, abortion wouldn't end. Women would be getting dangerous septic abortions like they once did. I'm all for free contraception. Abstinence is great, but it rarely works. Teens are going to have sex - period.

2. I'm also against the death penalty. As a Christian, I don't feel that we have the right to take a life. I do, however, believe in life sentences without parole.

3. I support the 2nd Amendment and am a gun owner and former hunter.

4. I believe in small government. I support some governmental programs, but we have too many, and there's too much fraud. I hate wasting our (taxpayers') money.

5. I believe in following the Constitution.

6. I believe in States' Rights.

7. I want tighter immigration laws.

8. I don't think the U.S. should "police" the world. Also, I think we need to "take care of our own" before sending aide overseas.

9. I believe in a strong military, but there's a lot of waste there, too.

10. I believe in personal responsibility, but I support SS and Medicare. Both need to be revamped, however.

11. I'm a strong believer in the family unit and in family values, but I don't think we can legislate morality.

12. I don't care what the gay community does as long as it doesn't hurt others. I feel kinda this way about most things.

13. I think we need to get rid of lobbyists.

14. I think we should develop alternative energy, but until it's available, we should drill our own oil - under strict safety precautions.

15. I support Welfare, but not exactly the form we have now. I like the idea of "Workfare." For a Welfare check, I think the recipients should be required to attend job training courses, college, or technical school. Or work as an apprentice to learn a skill that can get them off Welfare. The government should provide free daycare until the parent can be properly trained for a decent job. This would be a lot cheaper in the long run, and it would add more productive citizens to our population.

16. Pot should be legal. Our jails and prisons are full of marijuana-related offenders. I think that's ridiculous.

17. I like some parts of the HC law, but it needs a lot of tweaking. I don't think people should be forced to buy insurance. I like the idea of being able to purchase insurance across state lines. The Rs and Ds need to work together on making the law better.

18. I want the Rs and Ds to work TOGETHER on everything. This is something I liked about McCain. I'm a firm believer in compromise.

19. The IRS needs a total overhaul! I'm all for a national sales tax instead of our current system. This is the only way to get revenue from illegal money.

20. I believe in evolution and in God. However "it" happened, I totally believe God was in charge as the master designer.

As far as voting for POTUS, I voted for Reagan, Perot, Clinton, and twice for W. I hope to have a viable GOP candidate to vote for in 2012, but if it's Palin or Bachmann, I'll vote for Obama or just stay home. I don't like a lot of Obama's policies, but I don't see him as the boogeyman. The POTUS actually has little power.

"You'd lose that bet, Lalo! We were strong McCain supporters."

I'd have to agree with Ladylove, the above screams RINO.

1. Ron Montgomery profile image61
            Ron Montgomeryposted 13 years agoin reply to this

aka reasonable Republicans, an endangered species - just like rhinos

Your definition of a reasonable Republican is one who puts aside all that the Republicans advocate and give in to democrats.

Thats my definition of a democrat.

Thank you for supplying my definition for me.

You're welcome.

2. profile image0
              PrettyPantherposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Exactly what I was thinking as I read it.

2. habee profile image92

So, Jim, which numbers do you disagree with?

2. Cagsil profile image70
          Cagsilposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hey Habee, don't take offense. wink
          I put a bold text in your statement. Education is key.
          This is where we separate. My hub describes why and how it should be used, which isn't how it is presently used.
          I agree, but prefer stronger Laws and other provisions, which will be in the hub I'm planning of writing, from the thread I started on Gun Control. wink
          Small government agreed. I support government programs, up to the point where those programs can be eliminated because of no need for them. wink
          Agreed.
          Agreed.
          Agreed.
          Agreed.
          Agreed.
          Agreed, until no longer actually needed.
          Agreed.
          Agreed.
          Agreed.
          Agreed.
          Disagree partially. Federal government should do no such thing, but State government should.
          Agreed.
          Disagree.
          Should be in the interests of bettering society, not individual income level of the wealthy.
          Agreed.
          Good keep it out of politics. It has no place in other people's life.

1. habee profile image92

Glad we share a lot of common ground, Ray!

1. Cagsil profile image70

smile

3. DTR0005 profile image61
          DTR0005posted 13 years agoin reply to this

I kind of liked McCain too - and I am a liberal. Just tell me you had a "sinking feeling in your gut" when Sarah P. came on the scene and I will feel better...

1. habee profile image92

Sorry to say, I liked Palin at first. I fell for the "hockey mom" thing. Then I did my homework and learned more...

4. Ron Montgomery profile image61

That explains a lot.

4. SimeyC profile image88
      SimeyCposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I'm sorry but you're forgetting one other thing that Obama is to blame for. There's no doubt in my mind that he instigated the Google Alogorithm change simply because he isn't getting enough support in the Hubpages forums! What a nast man eh!

lol

2. habee profile image92

I meant to include that!

5. Ron Montgomery profile image61

Please do not start threads poking fun of ignoramuses who blame Obama for everything.  It's childish and adds nothing to the rational discourse usually found on these forums.

1. habee profile image92

LOL!!

Shame on you for soiling the sacred forums.

1. habee profile image92

I humbly beg your forgiveness, great cupcake master.

Seriously, I sometimes wonder if I'm the only moderate remaining in the US. My hubby and some of our pals are far right, and some other friends are far left. Fortunately, we all get along well. Too bad Congress can't do the same!

Unfortunaely, most extremists consider themselves to be moderates.  Could it be that they're extremely moderate?  Xmods smile

6. Stacie L profile image89
      Stacie Lposted 13 years agoin reply to this

thank you for saying what I've wanted to say for a while....

2. Cagsil profile image70
    Cagsilposted 13 years ago

lol lol lol lol lol

3. earnestshub profile image81
    earnestshubposted 13 years ago

I have to agree with you Habee, it looks ridiculous from a distance. smile

4. habee profile image92
    habeeposted 13 years ago

Howdy, Ernesto and Ray! Good to "see" you guys!

5. Cagsil profile image70
    Cagsilposted 13 years ago

What's up Habee? smile big_smile Hope you are well. smile Especially after all the editing. lol

1. habee profile image92

Well, my fingers are numb. lol

I'm meeting with the surgeon in the morning about by bone marrow biopsy and marrow aspiration, so I'm kinda nervous.

Well, I send you positive thoughts and have faith you'll be fine. smile

1. habee profile image92

Thanks for that, Ray!

You're quite welcome sweet lady. smile big_smile

1. habee profile image92

Awww...you just made me blush! I didn't think I had one left. lol

cool

2. Daniel Carter profile image62
        Daniel Carterposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Geez, girl!!! Keep us posted.
        You have too many hubs to modify to have numb fingers!! LOL

Sending all best thoughts and vibes that everything will go well.

As for Obama, it's such a blessing to have such a wonderfully available scapegoat! Life is good!
        wink

6. profile image52
    serinacampposted 13 years ago

Hi everybody!

Welcome to Hubpages! smile

You picked a heck of a thread to start with. lol lol Do try to enjoy yourself here. smile

7. earnestshub profile image81
    earnestshubposted 13 years ago

Best wishes and good luck dear Habee!

8. prettydarkhorse profile image62
    prettydarkhorseposted 13 years ago

Hi habee, hope everything goes well with your check up. I am also blaming him for everything, for my morning sickness (I have stomach ulcer), drop in google earnings and for not having a bf at the moment. It is all his fault.

9. Ron Montgomery profile image61
    Ron Montgomeryposted 13 years ago

http://www.fastcompany.com/files/imagecache/multimedia_image/files/WEB-obama-cupcake.jpg

1. habee profile image92

Are you gonna eat that? Got another one you could share??

It's for you.  I've already had my RDA of Obama for the day.

1. habee profile image92

Aww...thanks, Ron! Is it low carb?

It's choco-licious....oops, I better edit that.

1. habee profile image92

Racist pervert!! lol

10. Joan1 profile image60
    Joan1posted 13 years ago

Funny post smile

I will laugh my *ss off when in 2012 someone else gets elected and the trouble continues.
    So many people blaming Obama for their situation.
    He can not make a decision that you like. Not in the state America is in. It will be either a bad decision or a less bad decision. Anyway people need somebody to blame.

Time will tell.

completely agree with you...obama choosed wrong time to become president...none would have done better either...but yes people like to blame some one , it makes us feel good that somebody else's blunders are responsible for our own sorry state...

11. profile image50
    manchild_89posted 13 years ago

its not just obamas fault its the governments fault presidents are preselected so that they do what they are told and do not change how things are run. all this damage and repercussion that we are feeling and seeing now is all the years that the  government have been implementing a fluad system that never worked. if im geuss is right i think this is the third ressession we've been in.

12. bonnebartron profile image68
    bonnebartronposted 13 years ago

lol they are all the same person.... democrats, republicans...bullshit, horseshit...

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)