I want to be a better hubber

Jump to Last Post 1-11 of 11 discussions (14 posts)
  1. Janet21 profile image81
    Janet21posted 15 years ago

I really feel I have been a lousy hubber thus far.  I don't comment on as many hubs as I'd like. I really want to try to get more involved here.  So, that is my goal for 2009.  Let's call it my belated New Years Resolution. Read more hubs and comment more.  The fact that I have 115 fans makes me feel kind of guilty.  I don't know what I have done to deserve you all.  smile

1. aniketgore profile image59
      aniketgoreposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Good Thought Janet. Way to go. Keep reading.

2. RKHenry profile image63
      RKHenryposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Well it must be something great.  I try to respond to all my fans.  I comment here in the forums.  I join new fan clubs.  I try to comment after I have received a comment.  I try to write 2 to 3 hubs a week.  I answer requests and ask requests and I read, read, read new hubs everyday.  But still I can't get past a 96 and as soon as I hit it, my score drops back to the low 90's.  I try, and I try, and try so more- but I just can't seem to maintain balance or get better.  I've really have worked hard the past two months, and I'm begining to think for not.  So apparently you are doing something right.  Keep up the great work.  I wouldn't change a thing, if I were in your shoes. 

I'm afraid I have no answers only bad tempered complaints today.  But thank you for this avenue to vent.  But I just don't understand it.  Yesterday I worked real hard to find new hubbers and to give them a chance.  I read at least thirty different hubs and comment positively on pert near all of them.  I found new hubbers to join, I wrote a request that got 4 replies thus far and have commented back on everyone of them who answered it, after reading each.  But still my score drops.  Sometimes you just have to say, "go figure." 

I enjoy this hubpage community greatly.  I am starting to find a niche and I feel I have made some impact and have gain awesome hub friends. 

I'm just feeling sorry for myself today.  I went out to pick up my Sunday paper this morning, and busted my ass in the rain.  It just hasn't been a good day.  But again- not your problem   thanks anyways. smile

2. AEvans profile image72
    AEvansposted 15 years ago

You have written from your heart and unconditional love. You are doing a great job!!! I tend to take at least one day a week to read other articles which allows me a chance to read other writing and comment. Keep them coming Janet.smile

3. Dame Scribe profile image57
    Dame Scribeposted 15 years ago

Hi AE, I agree. That's what I do too. Take the time to read. If I dont comment I do leave a thumbs up. smile n I do stroll thru all my fans Hubs. It's a nice meandering stroll too. You will enjoy it greatly Janet smile

4. profile image0
    Leta Sposted 15 years ago

Eh, I'm probably not the best either, so don't feel bad.  It's hard doing so much reading and commenting...  I just skip around reading what appeals to me.  I do SO much reading and writing in my day job--this shouldn't be work, too (well, unless it is for you, smile).

5. Dorsi profile image88
    Dorsiposted 15 years ago

Hi Janet,
    We all work at our own pace- and we all have different times for different things. Maybe this is your time now to get more involved here at hubpages and that's great!And don't feel bad about what you feel you should have done sooner!

6. Rochelle Frank profile image91
    Rochelle Frankposted 15 years ago

I think you are doing quite well -- good hubs, good scores. Now I will make you feel more guilty by becoming a fan. Get over it.
    All of us have something we can do to improve. There's no such thing as perfect.

Ooops, I just found out I am already a fan -- see?

7. SweetiePie profile image81
    SweetiePieposted 15 years ago

Also, I think what makes a good hubber is subjective.  Some of my favorite hubs receive little traffic, but I consider these to be some of my best.  Write for yourself and the rest is gravy smile.

1. SEM Pro profile image80
      SEM Proposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Great perspective SweetiePie! I too have thought to delete one that has little traffic but of all I've written - it's the one I most want to share with the world. Thanks - I'll let it ride smile

8. raguett profile image70
    raguettposted 15 years ago

you know i'm the same..I too am going to try harder to be a better hubber...more hubs more comments and more friends...Ps all of you have great hubs...so keep at it as I will...

9. Research Analyst profile image74
    Research Analystposted 15 years ago

I am with you on the commenting, I have just started to make it a point to at least participate in the forums and then read some of the showcased hubs, it just takes practice. As far as I can see you are doing really well. No worries.

10. Janet21 profile image81
    Janet21posted 15 years ago

Yikes, RK Henry!  I don't know what to say after that post.  From what I hear, though, HubberScore (is that what they call it?) is not all that important in the long run and a score in the 90's is TERRIFIC anyway.  So, don't sweat it!  You are doing great.

I also want to thank everyone who took the time to post to my thread.  After reading all of the responses, I feel like maybe I am an okay hubber afterall.  I am off now to go and do some serious hub reading!  I truly enjoy the content on Hubpages, it is some of the best writing on the Internet in my opinion.  So, I don't consider reading and commenting work.  I just have to find more time to do it!

Thanks again too all of you wonderful people! smile

11. profile image51
    badcompany99posted 15 years ago

Read all my hubs and I promise I will forgive you Janet lol, sometimes we just dont have time to read everyone so I wouldnt worry about it, we are all the same.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)