comments - at large

Jump to Last Post 1-29 of 29 discussions (86 posts)
  1. mega1 profile image80
    mega1posted 14 years ago

so how do you feel about people who write hubs accept the comments and don't reply to them?  I find myself doing that about 80% of the time because I run out of things to reply.  also because I am a bit lazy.  also because I wonder if you comment how you would know whether I reply or not, unless you go back looking for a reply.  and if you go back looking and don't see one do you hate the hubber?  just wonderin

1. tantrum profile image60
      tantrumposted 14 years agoin reply to this

If they are not my friends, after the third time without commenting back, I don't read their hubs anymore.

2. blondepoet profile image68
      blondepoetposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I am a very social person, yes I do get frustrated when I see no reply. You don't even know whether the hubber has read your comment or not.
      To me, you go to the effort to read their hub and leave something encouraging to say, just one word like 'thankyou' in reply would be enough lol.
      I always answer my comments I think if someone has gone to the trouble to come here I am going to pull my finger out and go to the trouble of thanking them. smile

1. Marisa Wright profile image87
        Marisa Wrightposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Well, you do know if the Hubber has moderation switched on, because they'll have to see it to moderate it.

That's the difference between HubPages as a social site and HubPages as a writing site.  Those who treat HP as a social network, will leave comments for the purpose of encouragement and interaction. Not every Hubber is here for that purpose.

Do you mean you keep a list of all the Hubs you've commented on, and go back to check? Because as you know, there's no easy way to keep track, and some Hubbers don't check their comments every day.

As I've said before, saying "thank you" to someone on your own Hub is like saying "thank you" to someone after they've left the room and closed the door.  Don't see the point, never will.

1. mega1 profile image80
          mega1posted 14 years agoin reply to this

yes! now, see, this is exactly what I'm talking about - once I'm through reading a hub (unless its super good info and I bookmark it) I don't go back to see whether the hubber responded, and from the looks of my hub commenters, they mostly do the same so it would be pointless for me to always respond.  If they are asking a question or get me started thinking or offer a suggestion, (and really the best place for that would be in an email to me) then sometimes I will respond.  But I am not having the time to read all the hubs I want and write all I want so I'm not going back to respond to the hubbers response.  I check in in the forums almost every day (the hubtribe thread) and so people can communicate with me there.  I just don't think hubbing is like blogging where you can start up a friendship with someone after reading their blog, right there in their comments - mainly because when I blog on blogger it is one big thing all connected, not a bunch of separate articles!

now, have I bored you to death with this!   (no need to respond!)

Exactly, mega.  On a blog, people can sign up to see whether someone responds. The HubPages system is not set up that way. 

In my book, if you want to thank someone for commenting on your Hub, a much more effective thing is to go and comment on one of their Hubs.

1. mega1 profile image80

and then, if I don't like their hub much, I could say, like "so glad you are a hubber"  ?  or  "thanks for this info"  (meaning thanks for revealing yourself as a lousy writer who I will never look up again)  ?  like that?    jus kidding  lol

2. profile image0
              Crazdwriterposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I like that Marisa...comment on their hub if they comment on yours. I'll definietly start doing that as my 'thank you' when ppl write on my hub.

2. blondepoet profile image68
          blondepoetposted 14 years agoin reply to this

No only sometimes I go back if I have asked a question to the hubber or left something open. I don't get angry at the hubber if they haven't replied but I do feel a little disappointment. smile

3. Rafini profile image82
          Rafiniposted 14 years agoin reply to this

there is a list of hubs you commented on from your account page.  I have gone back to check some comments I've made to see if the hubber responded.  some like to go back, others dont...

2. earthlover profile image61
        earthloverposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You do it right, Blondepoet, and most hubbers do it like you do it.

That's not true, Earthlover.  Blondepoet's attitude is not necessarily the majority view.  It's just that the most socially active Hubbers are also the most vocal in the forums, and the ones you run across most often.

There's a large contingent of Hubbers who are busy making money here, who aren't so socially active and who don't regard comments in the same light at all.

1. earthlover profile image61

Your large contingent ain't the majority, Marisa Wright.

1. mega1 profile image80

give us the statistics, then, based on a scientific survey that can be corroborated! but then you sound like one of those hubbers who, when others disagree, you try to bully them into submission!  which, of course, is just despicable etiquette, to say the least!

Marisa Wright is the one telling us what the 'large contingent' does or doesn't do. Ask her for the statistics. Pretty sure she knows.

1. mega1 profile image80

I was responding to you, not Marisa.  You were responding (in a demeaning sounding way) to Marisa when you said the "large contingent ain't the majority"  I was asking YOU to back up your comment, not Marisa.  I agree with the things Marisa has said.

2. Marisa Wright profile image87

I'm not aware of having bullied anyone - please report the post to Hubpages admin if I have. 

What I am doing is standing up for the opposing view.  If you go back through this thread, you will find several people who object to being told what is "polite". 

HubPages is used in different ways by different people.  If you want to use HubPages as a social networking site, then it's quite legitimate to follow everyone who follows you, read and comment on all their Hubs, reply to every comment, etc.   

If you're trying to make a living online, though, you have to be more focussed.  Socializing to that extent consumes a lot of time which you simply can't afford.  You should respect the right of those people who want to get on with their work, and not call them rude for doing so. 

It's like being in an office - you may not have much to do and be happy to hang around the water cooler chatting to your friends, but that doesn't mean it's right to accuse someone who's working hard of being "impolite" when they ignore you and keep working.

You've written 118 hubs in 3 years. That's not many. Not enough to keep you soooo busy that you haven't got time to reply to a comment.
                  Writing 118 hubs in 3 years isn't like working (in an office).
                  Anyway, I'be seen you on the forums at least as much as any of those you're accusing of 'social networking.'

2. northweststarr profile image61
                  northweststarrposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Someone was on the high school debate team... wink

Just see through the established, mature hubber with a hubber score of 100, and you'll notice the drivel.

3. mega1 profile image80

I agree with you - I was responding to earthlover when I said he sounds like those hubbers who bully others when they don't agree.  I wasn't calling you a bully, at all, no way, Marisa!  so let's not get this discussion all convoluted ok?

You edited your comment before I finished replying.

1. northweststarr profile image61

I disagree with all and sundry on basic principle.  Unless it involves stroking my vanity or agreeing with me, I don't want to hear it.  Heehee or at least that's what I'm getting from this forum.  big_smile

3. earthlover profile image61

And what difference does being busy making money here have to do with anything? Bondepoet's doing that as well, but she's still got time to reply to comments, and look for replies.

3. profile image0
      Pani Midnyte Odinposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I try to reply to comments whenever I have something to say. However, most of my writing is hard for me to talk about so I don't really like to say anything after I publish it. To say "Thanks for the comment" to every single person seems pointless to me and, a lot of times, that's really all there is FOR me to say.

4. TheGlassSpider profile image64
      TheGlassSpiderposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hi there mega! I know what you mean - someone needs to write a definitive HP etiquette guide. I try to respond to all my comments, but sometimes I just don't get around to it.

I know I enjoy it when authors of hubs for whom I've written comments write back to me, but I don't obsessively go back and check for it either.

So...in an ideal state of affairs, I would answer all my comments and I strive to, just because I like to be answered...but it's not always possible, and I assume everyone understands that.

1. mega1 profile image80

maybe I'll just have to keep a list of the people who say they go back and check for a response to their comment!  then when I see a comment from you or Tantrum, for example, I would respond because you want to see my thankyou!  is that what I should do?

oh golly

1. Rochelle Frank profile image89
          Rochelle Frankposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Your hubtivity on your profile page has a list of things you have recently posted-- sometimes I re-check those to see if someone has made a further comment.

People can do what they like-- I try to respond to commenters, but am not offended if I am not acknowledged. It's not personal.

5. profile image0
      cosetteposted 14 years agoin reply to this

i always comment back. sometimes though i miss some...i approve them and then get distracted with the phone or something and forget. i feel bad when i stumble upon a hub where i missed commenting someone. for me it's not a question of 'hubpages etiquette' it's a matter of common courtesy and good manners. someone took the time to read my hub and leave a comment - that deserves a response.

6. profile image0
      sneakorocksolidposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Its ok, we all know you're a girl but, the part we don't get is how you ran out of something to say! big_smile

7. profile image0
      Poppa Bluesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I never expect a reply to a comment. If you want a reply you might consider sending an email to the author.

2. profile image0
    Crazdwriterposted 14 years ago

I sometimes go back and reply sometimes don't...depends on what kind of mood I'm in smile

3. Shadesbreath profile image76
    Shadesbreathposted 14 years ago

I reply.  Every once in a while I miss one somehow, but generally I always try to take the time to at least say thanks for reading and commenting.

I do the same. I think it's rude not to do so.

4. IzzyM profile image87
    IzzyMposted 14 years ago

I think it is good manners to comment back, even if I have nothing to add. In that case I thank the commenter for commenting, because they have taken the time to comment.

I don't often go back to check if they have replied, if I didn't ask a question, but never say never! I've been back on a lot of hubs, basically because they were good hubs and worth going back to, or they were educational hubs that taught me something.

To be honest, I feel a bit disappointed if the author didn't reply to me, even if I would never have known if I hadn't had a reason to go back. It's manners nothing more.

There have a couple of comments on my hubs that I know I haven't replied to, simply because I was really busy or in a rush when I saw them and I later forgot! My apologies to the posters, because your comments are important to me smile

5. relache profile image72
    relacheposted 14 years ago

I reply if the comment is one which leads to further commentary, such as a question or a statement that triggers me to say something further.

But as Marisa pointed out, most comments are made by someone who was just passing by, who didn't hardly say anything and who will never be back again, so I'm not one who replies to every single one.

Relache, thank God for you.  I keep reading forum posts saying it's "good manners" to reply, and it's starting to really upset me - because what that does is imply that it's HubPages Etiquette that you HAVE to reply to comments.  It's not.

6. mod2vint profile image60
    mod2vintposted 14 years ago

Sometimes its hard to reply, I try to, but sometimes I just don't know what to say.

7. profile image0
    girly_girl09posted 14 years ago

I don't feel obligated to reply to every single comment. I would like to, but I'm a busy student and I'm here to make money. big_smile Sometimes, commenting back can further enhance your hub, if not, then I just hit approve.

8. CMHypno profile image84
    CMHypnoposted 14 years ago

I try and reply to every comment, even though its sometimes difficult not to say the same thing over and over again.

9. aware profile image67
    awareposted 14 years ago

i try to read and comment on one of their hubs in lue of the comment   reply. i  don't like it that by me replying to a comment it counts  as a comment . i don't want half of my comments to be my own so to speak. To anyone out there  tho that has left me a comment on a hub of mine . I want to tell you  it means the world to me that you even bothered to check my junk out.   maybe i should start  replying . i feel like a ass now.

Are you aware now ?? hmm
      I always read your stuff and you never comment back. But as you're my friend, I'm coping with it lol

10. aware profile image67
    awareposted 14 years ago

but i do read and comment on a hub of yours instead . tantrum know this. i appreciate  you .  ill  tighten up i sware it.

I'm fully aware ! big_smile

11. H.C Porter profile image80
    H.C Porterposted 14 years ago

I try to reply to all of the comments-just as when I post a response on the recommend another hubers hub thread,I post a comment on that hub I am recommending-if I read a hub/ I try to leave comments so the huber knows that their hub has been read and appreciated (even if I dont like the hub, I will leave some sort of comment, (because it shows support for their work as a writer)-and when I decide I will follow someone I leave fan mail.
    I do it because I appreciate the time people take to read and comment on what I write, and responding lets me tell them 'I read your comment-and I appreciate you coming by and taking the time to read my hub, when you could have chosen to read someone elses'.
    I don't get mad or hurt when I leave a comment and get no response to my comment, especially if it was a "Nice Hub" or "Good Job" type of comment. But if I took the time to read-and reply to a question asked within a hub-or really put some time in what I comment-I think it speaks better about the writer if they acknowledge their readers with a quick response-it shows appreciation for them.
    But that is just me-Everyone does things for different reasons  smile

(what does bother me, is when someone leaves the same fan mail for each person that they follow-makes me think they didnt even bother to read a thing I wrote and if I havent conversed with them in the forums, I feel as if they are becoming a fan to earn a fan/ just to increase traffic to their hubs and increase their writers score- I appreciate the fan-but it would be nice if you could read at least one hub)

12. mega1 profile image80
    mega1posted 14 years ago

oh, and also, it occurs to me that hub admin set up the comment tab in the my account section so hubbers can accept or reject without having to go back in and out of the hubs - much more convenient.   You know we've seen the comment then, because its been accepted.  right?   and someone said that whenever the hubber clicks on their own hub it counts as a "view"  - now I haven't been able to see the numbers change after I've gone back to respond to comments - so what's up with that?  I thought it was not good to increase your hub views by going back to your own hubs too many times.  don't they ask us not to?   

going to go check now and see if there is a Hubbing for Dummies hub . . .

1. mega1 profile image80
      mega1posted 14 years ago

there are two hubs  Hubpages for Dummies A to Z part 1 and part 2!  so may haps I'll find answers to all my stupid questions. 

I just want to say that if you get a comment from me on your hub, don't expect me to come back and read your response!  so no need to respond to my comments because I won't see it!

2. waynet profile image69
      waynetposted 14 years ago

As I have a few hubpage accounts I may forget to go back and reply for a few days as this waynet one is my main account, but I always try and reply back to a decent comment since someone has taken the time to type a comment in, then why not!

3. Paradise7 profile image70
      Paradise7posted 14 years ago

I reply quite faithfully, though not always the same day the comment is made, just because I think it's polite.  I doubt very many people go back and read the reply.

However, reply or not, let's not sweat the little stuff.  I'm sure we are all well-intentioned people, whether we reply to a comment or not.

1. mega1 profile image80

can't help it - sweating the small stuff is pretty much what I do!  all day long and even in my dreams  - got any advice for me, other than "well, don't do that?"  because I could use some constructive advice about how to just quit doing something, or looking so damn closely, or obsessing over a minor question, or doing like, well what I'm doing right now even!  lordy  lol

tongue:

2. TheGlassSpider profile image64
        TheGlassSpiderposted 14 years agoin reply to this

That's what I was trying to get across. I think you did a better job! Couldn't have said it better.

4. Jane@CM profile image60
      Jane@CMposted 14 years ago

If it is a comment worth replying to, then yes.  For months I thought I must comment on everything, but of late I've backed off.  No point in saying "thanks for the comment"  I appreciate the comments very much.

5. mega1 profile image80
      mega1posted 14 years ago

freelanceworld published http://hubpages.com/hub/hubpages-for-dummies-A-to-Z  but part one at least, doesn't appear to have addressed etiquette questions.   So maybe someone who know will publish hp ETIQUETTE for dummies - oh, didn't search etiquette - brb . . .

6. mega1 profile image80
      mega1posted 14 years ago

I almost got sidetracked by dfelker's Good Houseguest Etiquette - Do's and Don'ts  which sounds like something many should read -  ha!

7. Rochelle Frank profile image89
      Rochelle Frankposted 14 years ago

Of course we could end each hub with " To those of you who take the time to comment: I reallly REALLLY appreciate you and your comments, you are so kind."

1. profile image0

That's a good idea too...big_smile

8. sunforged profile image70
      sunforgedposted 14 years ago

scanning through the thread I see a direct correlation between number of hubs published, time on the site  and the answer to this question.

I always answer direct questions and get engaged in informed discussions.

'Thanks", "Nice Hub" "Good Job" WITHOUT any sense of engagement is not only not responded to, its most often deleted.

When you say, "I answer every comment", i wonder...how many comments do you have to field on a daily basis, and isnt it disappointing to pour your thoughts and effort into an article..get a notification of a new email (if you do that) open up your hub to read a comment and see.

Nice hub

...what are you supposed to say back? ..hmm.. nice comment?

1. relache profile image72
        relacheposted 14 years agoin reply to this

The above approach is how I deal with about 50% of the comments my Hubs receive.

1. Dorsi profile image87
          Dorsiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hmmmm...that's interesting. I might start doing the same...when someone comments like that on a hub it usually means they didn't even read it!
          I hate those comments that are made that have NOTHING to even do with the hub.....that's my PET PEEVE!!

Yeah, that hasn't gone unnoticed.
          But those comments aren't just 'Thanks", "Nice Hub" "Good Job", are they?
          We both know that, don't we?
          Why do YOU delete at least 50% of comments?

9. thisisoli profile image70
      thisisoliposted 14 years ago

I try to reply to all of my comments, don't always manage it, but I feel that if someone has felt it worth the time to comment on my work, the least I could do is respond tongue

Oli, no one ever addresses my point on this - if you reply to the person on your own Hub, how do they know you've responded?   If you want to thank them, wouldn't reciprocating the comment be a fairer exchange?

For instance, go to their Hub, make a comment and add "thanks for your comment on my Hub"

That's not the right way to do it, Marisa.
          Leaving a comment on someone's hub just cause they left one on yours is the same as following someone just cause they followed you. Do you do that?
          And you need to say more than just 'thanks for commenting on my hub'. If you know about PR, and I saw you mention that somewhere, then you must know how to reply to a comment. It's elementary.
          You're just making excuses for slobby, careless behavior.

So,, let me get this right... you're saying don't comment on anyone's hub unless they are truly interesting to you and you've read them thoroughly? I completely agree!  smile

Yeah! That can be the only right way to do it.
              And always go back to hubs you've commented on to see if there's a reply.

Oh, I like replies... big_smile

Who doesn't? That's why it's good to reply.

1. mega1 profile image80

I have no idea whether people have replied to my comment - unless I asked them a question there (which I don't do anymore) why would I go back and give their hub another view click to see if they replied?   the appropriate places for questions and answers and communicating back and forth is in the questions section or through the emails or even in the forums.   and of course, now I know that it all does not matter in the great scheme of things.

Just like to add, Marisa: You don't comment on hubs by everyone who comments on yours ... what does this mean?

10. Rochelle Frank profile image89
      Rochelle Frankposted 14 years ago

Here are some rules:

COMMENT when you want to, or when you feel like it, when you are inspired, when you think it will help or encourage someone, or when and if you have time

REPLY to comments when you want to, or when you feel like it, when you are inspired, when you think it will help or encourage someone,  or when you have time.

DON'T be offended when people don't comment or don't respond to your comments. They may not want to, or feel like it, or think it will be inspiring or helpful or encouraging. Or they may not have the time.

Most important: I don't make the rules.smile

1. profile image0

lol but I like those rules dang it I say let's make 'em the rules lol

1. Rochelle Frank profile image89
          Rochelle Frankposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Well they are fairly flexible-- but I don't need to have people mad at me... therefore the disclaimer.

11. Beth100 profile image67
      Beth100posted 14 years ago

ha ha ha Rochelle!  You don't make the rules, but your rules are good to write by!

Personally, I comment on every comment, and I try to comment on every hub I read.  I believe that if a reader has taken the time to read my article and write a comment, the least I can do is to acknowledge this fact with a comment back.

12. Dorsi profile image87
      Dorsiposted 14 years ago

I've been here 2 years now and have not been the best at replying to comments - but recently have made a deliberate effort to respond. I don't however feel that it's "etiquette" to respond, that it makes a hubber better or worse or insensitive in anyway.I just think it's an individual thing, and I personally don't get upset if my comments don't get responded to. Since I do write some pretty controversial stuff though I do find some very long comments on some of my hubs - that other people come back and volley back and forth about. I like that type of interaction and realized how important the interaction is, hence I am ramping up my own responses. I think the interaction IS important and is helpful to us as writers to acknowledge our readers, even if with a simple YW or TY for coming by. I will respond to several comments at once too.
      Just my 2 cents on it!

13. wrenfrost56 profile image56
      wrenfrost56posted 14 years ago

I try to reply to comments, although there are a few I have missed and I don't mind if people don't reply to my comments. smile

14. camlo profile image83
      camloposted 14 years ago

Since most Hubbers do reply to comments left on their Hubs, most Hubbers also go back to comments they've left to see if there is a reply.
      I reply to all comments, and go back to see if there's a reply to a comment I've left. I know I'm not the only one who does this, especially because many comments are a reply to a reply to a comment left -- get my drift.
      If somebody chooses never to reply to comments, okay.
      But if somebody only replies to some comments, well it does look a bit like snubbing other comments, or the Hubber who has made the comment.
      Anyway, I think the reason most Hubbers reply to comments, is because most Hubbers understand good form. That's one of things that makes being here so nice.

15. mega1 profile image80
      mega1posted 14 years ago

I abandoned this thread a while back when I saw that there was a major conspiracy afoot to confuse, bewilder and bother me about this commenting thing.  So now, I can only be like my mentor Rochelle and do what I want to - pretty much.  If anyone doesn't like what I do, they can email me and then I can report them as a stalker!

MUARGHAGHAAAAAHAHAHAHAHA!

or, as I should have said in my politest hubber manner:

Thank you all for showing up here for this debate on the serious and important topic commenting dos and don'ts.  I hope we continue to meet like this for meaningful discussion of other etiquette issues such as:

when is a$$ a good word to use?

is there a time or thread where we should not discuss sex or flirt with the other hubbers?

if you do flirt with another hubber who is believed to be of your own sex, does that make you a homo-hubber? not that there is anything wrong with that!

and if you out yourself as a homo-hubber in that manner (not that there is anything wrong with that!) does it mean that certain other homo-hubber-phobic hubbers will come and torment you? is that ok if they do?

if you write a horrible hub because you are having an off day, and you don't realize it until a couple days later, is it too late to apologize, publicly?

implying that someone is something or other, is that ok? would it be better to just directly call them out for it?  how do I word it?

and so on . . .and on. . . and on!

Oooo can I stalk you mega? Purty please?  wink big_smile

1. mega1 profile image80

don't you like what I do?

yeah, but the idea of stalking gets the kitty in me all excited. wink

16. thisisoli profile image70
      thisisoliposted 14 years ago

I reply when I can, it doesn't really take long, but sometimes i am a little rushed!

17. mega1 profile image80
      mega1posted 14 years ago

ok, ok, stalk - but keep your claws sheathed, ok?

sure thing, you know I'm declawed anyway.  ooops gotta go! Good Night All! smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
    Necessary
    HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
    LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
    Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
    AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
    Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
    CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
    Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
    Features
    Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
    Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
    Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
    Marketing
    Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
    Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
    Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
    Statistics
    Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
    ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
    ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)