Second wave of HubPages Ad Program invites

Jump to Last Post 101-113 of 113 discussions (288 posts)
  1. crazyhorsesghost profile image71
    crazyhorsesghostposted 13 years ago

I am extremely happy with the Hub Pages Ad Program. Very happy indeed. I have all my earnings back and then some. Plus I have had a very good week with adsense. I will say I was skeptical at first about how it would work but I am now amazed and very happy. Thanks Hub Pages.

2. scarlton profile image72
    scarltonposted 13 years ago

Got my invite this week. Thanks Hubpages!

3. Iamsam profile image61
    Iamsamposted 13 years ago

Yesterday I signed up.  Today I checked and find that only 3 ad's are there.

My report of HubPage earnings also shows "0"

How long it will take HubPages to show ads.

My Page views are also going down!

Please help!

4. john.jackson profile image71
    john.jacksonposted 13 years ago

Why does the Ad Program require a Google Adsense account? Due to circumstances a few years ago, I am no longer eligable for a Google Adsense account. Surely there extra ads on the program are not part of Google Adsense, because Google limits you to 3 ads a page, which is the standard amount at the moment. So why for extra adverts do we need an existing Adsense account? Thanks

1. Pcunix profile image90
      Pcunixposted 13 years agoin reply to this

That was already answered: http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/71029?p … ost1551865

It helps to read the whole thread..

1. john.jackson profile image71
        john.jacksonposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You're link does not work or has expired.

No, it hasn't.   It's on page 12 of this thread, it's by Jason, and it says

It's due to an agreement we have with Google, since we do serve AdSense ads via the Program as well. Google doesn't want people ineligible for AdSense to have another way to get access to AdSense ads.

If it doesn't come up for you, try another browser.

1. john.jackson profile image71
            john.jacksonposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Oh ok, thanks that helps

5. doodlebugs profile image91
    doodlebugsposted 13 years ago

I got one a few days ago and am very happy with the results, since Adsense earnings have fell off dramatically. My mother in law, Billips, has not yet received one but is looking forward to participating after hearing how well it was working for me.

6. nikipa profile image63
    nikipaposted 13 years ago

Great to be in!

7. profile image0
    MJoyceposted 13 years ago

thanks for the invited , activated the program and on the process of tidying my hubs.

8. Kevin Peter profile image60
    Kevin Peterposted 13 years ago

Meeeee toooooooo!  wink

9. janderson99 profile image53
    janderson99posted 13 years ago

Optimum Layout for the Panda Squat and the new Ad Program

Given the impact of the Panda squat and the new Ad program rollout, it is time to review layout options and to devise an optimum layout that will satisfy both requirements AND provide a good reader experience.
    I am keen to hear of other people's ideas.
    My current thoughts are:
    => Panda wants a good slab of text above the fold
    => The new ads and many Google ads are image based and so your own images will detract from clicks on the ads (I'm still not sure if the new ads pay per click or per impression or both?)
    => Keyword choice is critical for getting traffic.
    => If you like to use a lot of images (which I do) - start the hub with a short introductory text hub ( 2 paragraphs, about 100 words). This allows the ad to sit to the right of it. ( best compromise)
    => Rest of text and images etc. follows
    My current optimum layout is shown in the images.
    [Note: This is not tested nor proven to work - just an idea!!!]

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/4830264_f248.jpg

http://s2.hubimg.com/u/4830265_f248.jpg

10. 2besure profile image80
    2besureposted 13 years ago

Thanks!  I will try this.

11. fayx24 profile image60
    fayx24posted 13 years ago

I received an email advising of the invites but I'm not sure if it is. Should the email actually say "You are officially invited..."?

1. beth811 profile image77
      beth811posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Email goes like this:
      Subject: The HubPages Ad Program - You're Invited

OR:
      If you click Hubpages Ad Program Reports on your account and says: You are not authorized to view this page - then you are not yet in.

1. fayx24 profile image60
        fayx24posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Thanks! Will check it again! smile

12. S.Graveson profile image62
    S.Gravesonposted 13 years ago

Out of interest, whats the payment thresh-hold?

13. paradigmsearch profile image59
    paradigmsearchposted 13 years ago

Here lies the last Pcunix sighting. smile

(at the moment anyway)

You make me feel like an endangered species..

"The rare rainbow Pcuni was last seen by Donald Zharumph whle duck hunting in Northern New Jersey. In his haste to get at his camera, Mr. Zharumph accidentally discharged his shotgun, frightening the shy creature away.. "

1. lrohner profile image69
        lrohnerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Ha! And I was thinking this could go viral...

"Where in the world is PCUnix?"

smile

2. paradigmsearch profile image59
        paradigmsearchposted 13 years agoin reply to this

lol

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)