Stolen Content Thieves 68articles is Back Up Again - Check your hubs!

Jump to Last Post 51-80 of 80 discussions (169 posts)
  1. Randy Godwin profile image61
    Randy Godwinposted 13 years ago

Why was PD banned?  Very good question which needs to be addressed by the staff.  This stinks to high heaven people!  He was about to expose a few HP folks and suddenly gets banned?  Coincidence?  Yeah right!

1. kmackey32 profile image64
      kmackey32posted 13 years agoin reply to this

I messaged him.. Will he get messages if hes banned?

Randy Godwinposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I think so Kmackey.  Many are talking about it via private email!  smile

2. Eaglekiwi profile image73
        Eaglekiwiposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yep cept your email goes thru HP ~ roll

Only the first one and then it's private if the person responds through their own service.  smile

1. Eaglekiwi profile image73

Okie dokie smile

2. vox vocis profile image82
    vox vocisposted 13 years ago

Not fair that PD is banned!

3. earnestshub profile image80
    earnestshubposted 13 years ago

If PD is not here, let's double the effort in his absence.

Good thinkin E ...

2. Randy Godwin profile image61

I'll post about it on PB, Earnest!  smile

1. earnestshub profile image80
        earnestshubposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Cool! Thanks mate! smile

4. viryabo profile image95
    viryaboposted 13 years ago

Banned for what? That's strange.

Dunno you have to be a loyal friend to know lol

Just kidding (couldnt resist)

2. profile image0
      Baileybearposted 13 years agoin reply to this

for venting his frustrations?

5. TLMinut profile image60
    TLMinutposted 13 years ago

Yikes! Banned? He's the one who showed us how to deal with this mess with 68articles! I didn't find any when I looked this morning but I filed my first DMCA ever when he put it all up the first time.

By the way, does it HELP their site when we all keep going there and looking for stolen articles? I don't want to do that. And some of the articles looked really interesting - too bad they probably all come from somewhere else! I hate the thought that some legitimate writers will be caught up in the mess.

There was an article I saw there this morning that I thought looked familiar but I could never find it again. Did anyone write an article about his wife, a teacher, and things she uses in the classroom?

6. TLMinut profile image60

Okay, reading through the comments I bet I remember why he was banned. Someone made a suggestion and he kept getting really rude. Is that enough? I think he was taking out his anger at this 68 garbage on the person here, don't remember who it was but it was early on in the thread I think.

I wish this thieving business was over. Forever.
    But that's not likely now, is it? If not that site, another...

Yes I read that too ,I didnt think PD was rude ,actually he did well to control his frustration (IMO).

The fact that there were other threads wasn't the main issue,or shouldnt have been.

7. Mighty Mom profile image77
    Mighty Momposted 13 years ago

Well I filed my DMCA with the site.
    I even joined so I could send a scathing note to the so-called "author" of MY article!!
    It's easy to see how blood can become boiling over this.
    So I'm heading over to the Politics forum to take out my frustrations there. lol
    MM

8. TLMinut profile image60

This is the hub I think I found on the scum site. Writer is from Utah just like the 68er is (I think, or was that the electric bike hub I was reading?) - maybe you could track him down IN PERSON for us and give him "a message" from us all!

.../Teachers-Rely-on-Quality-Classroom-Supplies

9. WriteAngled profile image73
    WriteAngledposted 13 years ago

I had the impression that a couple of people were baiting PD unnecessarily, especially when the poor guy had obviously been staying up all night to deal with this issue. There may be some site politics involved. I don't have the time or inclination to mix into such matters. I do think it's a crying shame though to ban him, when PD was taking upon himself to deal voluntarily with a pressing problem that paid employees and site owners of Hubpages cannot be bothered to address.

1. vox vocis profile image82
      vox vocisposted 13 years agoin reply to this

@WriteAngled: you probably didn't experience that "lovely" feeling when you find out that someone had stolen your content and posted it on their website and "you" are being punished by Google when it comes to rankings. Maybe that's  why you don't have  the time or inclination to mix into such matters. We do agree about the crying shame part though!

HP should inform the other hubbers about the reasons why PD is banned.

1. WriteAngled profile image73
        WriteAngledposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Vox vocis,

I had a hub stolen by 68Articles, and sent out DMCAs on two occasions. I also was the one who identified the user name on the pirate site under which many hubs were being copied. Not only that, but the user name was also the clue PD needed to identify further sites linked with the main pirate. To find this out cost me a certain amount of time and effort to perform various searches.

I also PMed a number of people to alert them to the fact their hubs had been stolen.

I consider that I have made a positive contribution to resolving this matter.  Have you? It would appear from your pointless comment that you have not even bothered to read through this thread, let alone contribute to a resolution of the problem.

My reference to not mixing into matters refers to the evident animosity between PD and some other members on HP.

Since you seem to be too obtuse to follow the matter through from start to finish, I suggest you desist from further facile and patronising comments.

@WriteAngled: Of course, you contributed to the matter and yes, I have read about your experience and yes, I spend a few hours looking for copied content but haven't found any on this site. (I somehow missed the sentence where you stated that your content was stolen "before").

I am just unsatisfied with the fact that PD is being banned just as I would be for anyone else because a contribution like his or yours is crucial. My problem is currently to get my copied content from two other sites - I'm very angry because of this content theft going on.

Accept my apology and no, I'll not stop commenting and I'd like to repeat - the PD ban thing - wrong, wrong, wrong!!!

2. recommend1 profile image60
        recommend1posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Write angled clearly did not say she was not willing to mix it with the subject of the thread - she said VERY CLEARLY that she was not inclined to mix it with the politics in these threads.

You are being totally obtuse and unneccesary - or you don't understand plain well written English.  This is exactly the reason that PD got upset with whoever it was, maybe you ? who he thought was being obtuse. 

Them mod who banned him - if it was for the comments he made in that regard - must be totally insensitive to the huge effort the guy was putting in on this subject - or did not read the thread before making the decision.  This is regrettable and opens HP to the criticism of banning him to prevent him disclosing the Hubbers that he claims are part of this - an issue that HP should have dealt with long ago it would seem.

@recommend: If I misundesrood her I apologize and so should you cause I don't lack intelligence + I'm glad she commented back because things are clear to me now. This is very emotional for all of us and I'm thinking whether there is any point in writing online because I invested a lot of time in writing my articles and some have been stolen so instead of writing more I'm dealing with complaints! Hope this was plain English for you.

I have no problem apologizing and admitting I was wrong but I never insulted her calling her obtuse or patronising - I asked a question without being rude which I cannot say for you. + English is my second language of the 5 I know so if you think I'm not good enough because of a little misunderstanding, think about it again especially if you're not plurilingual!

Thank you!

10. earnestshub profile image80

Still looking, there are a helluva lot of articles there! smile

1. recommend1 profile image60

I googled key phrases from my stuff without finding anything, I would have thought this was the way to go rather than search it individually - no ??????

1. WriteAngled profile image73
        WriteAngledposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I found loads of stolen hubs by searching on author "zeeshan", who seems to have been substituted for a lot of our names. But yes, I would expect key phrases should identify articles as well.

2. earnestshub profile image80

It probably is. I have been trying as many ways as I can because I haven't found anything yet. I found nothing putting in phrases from peoples hubs yet. It seems it just takes time. smile Thank you for your efforts. smile

11. Sufidreamer profile image78
    Sufidreamerposted 13 years ago

I followed the intelliject/Zeeshan Ahmed link, and he has a contractor profile on oDesk (fortunately, nobody has had the misfortune to hire the malaka). Lo and behold, the items he uses for his writing portfolio are all stolen from other sources!

I sent the oDesk team a heads up - hopefully, that will be another source of potential income cut off.

He also has profiles on Elance and Freelancer! hmm

1. earnestshub profile image80

Good work Sufidreamer. I am still looking for even one, so that I can contribute something. I feel he will show up again somewhere else too. smile

12. tonymac04 profile image71
    tonymac04posted 13 years ago

Spent ages looking and still haven't found any.Will keep on looking though because I really hatge this kind of thing.
    Thanks PD for highlighting this again.

13. recommend1 profile image60
    recommend1posted 13 years ago

Yes - where is PearlDiver who was finding and feeding us all the good stuff !!   perhaps the mod who found it necessary to slap him in the middle of all this might like to step in and do the job instead ?

14. dingdondingdon profile image61
    dingdondingdonposted 13 years ago

Very sorry to hear PD's been banned, after all the good work he's put into exposing these guys. sad Do we know the reason why yet?

It would appear that he was a bit rude to somebody who appeared to criticise him - as far as I can make out - if it was the post that I saw then on a normal day it might have been enough for a little slap if the other party complained.  However, if the poster did complain they were being totally petty.

But the ban came just as PD was talking about hubbers being connected to these scumbag rip off artists - which leaves HP open to charges of a cover-up.  This kind of blatant rip-off is something that HP should be involved in helping to stop - but it appears it was not in their interest to do so.  and this applies both ways as it covers duplicated content in hubs also - that late in the day they are penalising.

It looks like a bad moderating decision to me at this time - unless someone can give us a good reason why the hubpages champion against copied content has been hamstrung in the middle of the fight !

According to PD, there are 2 hubbers who are responsible for these stolen articles.  They've been on the site for over 3 years and he found out quite a bit about them, including their real identities. 

PD will be back in a few days, so we will find out the real story shortly.  Some thanks he got for his trouble!  The loyalty to the members by staff leaves much to be desired in the last few months, IMHO!

What goes around, comes around.  I guarantee!  smile

1. SomewayOuttaHere profile image60
          SomewayOuttaHereposted 13 years agoin reply to this

...too bad...we have to wait a few days...too bad he was banned...i find this all very confusing

2. CMHypno profile image83
        CMHypnoposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I think that it is time that HP stepped in and were completely open about what has happened here and started helping to combat the hub thieving that is going on, as surely it is in their interests?

PD has been working tirelessly for the past few days, and should have been fully supported by the HP staff for his efforts.  He may have been a bit short with another poster, but we are all grown ups and should understand that people get ratty when tired.

We want PD back!!!!!!!

Also will people stop reporting people for the slightest little thing? If you can't stand the heat of a forum, don't participate.

15. TerryGl profile image56
    TerryGlposted 13 years ago

I agree with recommend1, it should not be up to PD to do this but the so called Hubpages Team.

Ask yourself why they haven't chimed in yet after five or so threads? The problem here is not 68 articles or Pearl Diver its Hubpages dot com and team.

They ban accounts at a whim and have very limited input. If this was my site I would stay up all night or have a team of international moderators to ensure no bad language is used in the forum or someone was out of control and at the very least to respond to this type of thread.

You guys need to understand that this place is not the place you think it is.

Stop wasting your time with this stuff and start to look after yourselves. One minute we're all right behind PD and the next where asking where he is. Are we all lemmings?

Don't worry about Adsense and DCMA complaints, start emailing team@hubpages.com and demand they take action and look after our interests.

If not, ask them where they stand in all this!! I'm pretty sure that HP has a lot more money and resources then you and I.

16. WriteAngled profile image73
    WriteAngledposted 13 years ago

Thank you, VV smile

I think we are all a bit ratty at the moment!

@WriteAngled: I hope VV is me... smile Sorry once again, I read the posts from the beginning but forgot who posted them after I scrolled down to the bottom - "my bad" and thanks for the great contribution you've made to the cause.

I still haven't found anything familiar on 68 articles but I did find two of my other hubs copied word by word on other sites...that's five at the moment...and I'm having trouble filing the complaints with Google because it doesn't accept my digital signature. What a mess!

I can't imagine how people who have hundreds of  articles stolen must feel sad  and I really hope this 68 articles site goes down!

17. TLMinut profile image60

Maybe they stopped him so he'd go get some sleep and  be fresh for the next round!

Anyway, I thought he said (or someone did) that HubPages can't do this because you can't report for someone else. Time to go look again.

18. Mark Ewbie profile image81
    Mark Ewbieposted 13 years ago

I have arrived!

68 articles has at least one of mine.  It looks utter rubbish because all the formatting and layout has gone, but apparently I submitted it to them.

It ranks at the top of Google's brilliant results, whereas my HP original is nowhere to be seen.

Probably because google.com thinks the HP version is the copied version.

I am totally hacked off with google, writing and stealing.

There seems to be no straightforward way to kill this website and their adsense account.

What really annoys me is the ranking.  How can my page stolen rank higher than my original?

1. Susana S profile image93
      Susana Sposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I know it's annoying Mark - more than annoying in fact! Just make sure you file a DMCA notice with google - the more of us that do it, the higher the likelihood that this guy will get his site de-indexed from googles search results and his google adsense account banned.

I would also love it if everyone with a google webmaster account reported this site for its shenanigans.

1. Mark Ewbie profile image81
        Mark Ewbieposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Seems to be $199 to file a DMCA?

No sorry Susana, I was trying to file a DMCA for the first time. I thought DMCA was the thing to do.  Didn't realise it cost money!

Thanks for the link though - I guess that's the right place to go.

Sorry, with your sense of humour I thought you were pulling my leg. You'll be pleased to know that filing a DMCA with google is free so you don't need to worry about that.

Thanks Susana, I briefly lost my sense of humour...

2. thisisoli profile image70
              thisisoliposted 13 years agoin reply to this

It is free to file a DMCA, where are you seeing the $199?

It was on a web site called DMCA something.  Hmmm.  I wonder if it was a dodgy one?

The internet is no place for a little amateur like me.

I'm going to get burnt.

1. thisisoli profile image70
                  thisisoliposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yes it was a dodgy one, although It's not a bad idea, pay me $15 per DMCA filing? hmmm, easy work!

19. 2uesday profile image65
    2uesdayposted 13 years ago

You will find  PearlDiver is also on RedGage.

20. AEvans profile image71
    AEvansposted 13 years ago

I have filed so many DMCA complaints that it gets to the point I don't care anymore. The hubs are dated and I also copyright them at myfreecopyright.com  If I run across them I do complain (loudly). But being so busy I can't chase them anymore. sigh. sad

21. ajcor profile image60
    ajcorposted 13 years ago

interesting that I just posted "intelliject/Zeeshan Ahmed" into my google browser and there is this hub linking the Zeeshan Ahmed's name with stolen content...a good reward for Pearl Diver's efforts and hubbers joining in to the fray over their stolen work!

22. earnestshub profile image80

I just went to a google search for "intelliject/Zeeshan Ahmed" and got a spoof virus page. Ignore it, it looks like you have just copped a load of nasties, but it is harmless.
    It was the third one I tried, the other two went nowhere.

I just did this search and found them at oDesk in Lahore and obviously doing very well thank you - that will be a big thank you to the moderator who stopped PearlDiver chasing them down through organised effort in this thread.

Where is PearlDiver now ??        What is it about this site that steals hubs that needed pretecting from the likes of those on Hubpages with nothing better to do than check for stolen hubs ?

23. rebekahELLE profile image84
    rebekahELLEposted 13 years ago

I don't understand how this site can still be in operation.
    Do they wait until a certain percentage of authors file complaints?

Sometimes I wonder if the political/religious forum stirs people into this kind of retaliation type behavior.

I'm sorry to hear PD is banned. At least he's trying to clean up the site!

The web still retains a certain degree of freedom - there is no body that polices it or enforces - except the commercial interests that provide the servers and countries who can shut off parts of it from entering.

I guess PD is due back tomorrow - if he is coming back ??

Maybe then we will find out who these hubbers are who are involved in this rip off site - and why HP banned him in the middle of what he was doing.

24. recommend1 profile image60

I have just googled this site and it is still up and running full throttle.

As HP were kind enough to ban our resident expert on this subject maybe they can take up his lead position and push this issue onward ?

...i'm sure they are 'working on it'.....miss you PD!....and evenin' R1! - sleep tight!

25. wordscribe43 profile image90
    wordscribe43posted 13 years ago

Thanks to everyone who's helped in this debacle... especially Pearldiver. 

In case this hasn't been discovered yet, this person is also on facebook as total link 68.  He/she/it/they also run a software downloads website at ht tp://68share.com/

26. rebekahELLE profile image84
    rebekahELLEposted 13 years ago

PD still gone? I found this post on another thread, why is this thief allowed to continue?? http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/72828?p … ost1584848

...that's too bad...it's probably just a matter of time re the thief...

OK - 3 days are up  - where is he ?

27. recommend1 profile image60

Why did PearlDiver get banned?? - I think we need to know as it occurred immediately after he posted this:

This is Simply Shameful And These Thieves have been Members of This Community for 3 Years! That is the most Shameful Thing!

Who are these guys who are stealing your stuff and are members of this site then ???   How have they managed to stay members while stealing stuff ?  Who was asleep on that job but woke up to ban PD in the middle fo this disclosure ?

I think it way past time for some answers here.

28. SomewayOuttaHere profile image60
    SomewayOuttaHereposted 13 years ago

..yea...where is that cool dude anyway...PD?...you around?

1. BaliMermaid profile image57
      BaliMermaidposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Some one connected to Mr.68 - the crook that started all this - has been trying to post bookmarks back to the stolen hubpages content.  today he was bookmarking, or attempting to bookmark all of HP user Daffodil's content on herbal medicines. He failed because Infopirate owners block the IP of an entire country to stop the crook.  The persons doing this were from Turkey but their user name while trying to bookmark the stolen content seems to indicate they also were either vietnamese. Never the less the owner of infopirate told me that since they banned all IP from Turkey the bookmarking of illegally copied hubpages content has stopped.

29. 2uesday profile image65
    2uesdayposted 13 years ago

BaliMermaid thank you for the update on this.

30. recommend1 profile image60

The update is - that with PearlDiver removed from the lead in this the thieves are getting away with it big style.  Vaccuous thanking people for updates etc is pure BS.  Nobody is doing anything about this - nobody knows what is going on  - Hubpages are not doing anything that we can see - and the thieves are running rings around Hubpages writers stealing your stuff and regurgitating it as their own - and there will be nothing you can do about it.

Where is Pearldiver to explain what happened here - or the moderator who banned him to explain why Hubpages is allowing these thieves, PD says long standing Hubbers, to steal your stuff without any comment.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)