Slight upturn for HP

Jump to Last Post 1-15 of 15 discussions (35 posts)
  1. IzzyM profile image86
    IzzyMposted 12 years ago

Anyone notice it?

Fingers crossed it lasts!

http://s3.hubimg.com/u/5043618_f248.jpg

1. Cagsil profile image70
      Cagsilposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I had an uptick in traffic and it has held. It's a minor uptick, but an extra 200 views a day, on average, is a good beginning. wink

1. thisisoli profile image70
        thisisoliposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I would be cautious about being optimistic on a seasonal upswing :p

1. Cagsil profile image70
          Cagsilposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Hey Oli, seasonal upswing would be for those who have sales hubs. My uptick is across the board on all different hubs. I don't attribute it to anything Staff has done. I know why it has happened and that would be a change in my hubs and keywords themselves. But, thank you for your concern. smile

Go on to quantcast and expand the results for all time :p

1. IzzyM profile image86
              IzzyMposted 12 years agoin reply to this

That little upturn looks more prominent from that view.

The overall values are also much higher though, so you would expect a larger upturn.  I would be happy to see my hubs getting traffic again, but I am not sure this will be it :p

2. profile image0
      Sophia Angeliqueposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for letting us know.

2. CASE1WORKER profile image61
    CASE1WORKERposted 12 years ago

not today!

3. Mutiny92 profile image65
    Mutiny92posted 12 years ago

I hope so...I haven't seen it on my account

4. SunSeven profile image61
    SunSevenposted 12 years ago

Where is that on the graph?

1. IzzyM profile image86

Sorry I should have linked it

http://www.quantcast.com/hubpages.com

I'm not seeing an upturn either by the way, but its obvious here so someone's got increased views!

1. SunSeven profile image61
        SunSevenposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I still dont see the upturn there too! Sorry.

May be, your pageviews are going up?

1. IzzyM profile image86

No look right at the end of the graph, there is a small but definite upturn. My views are collapsing as they do every weekend.

5. SunSeven profile image61
    SunSevenposted 12 years ago

Izzy, this has to be a joke. Or are you just trying to have fun in the forums?. (I sometimes do too) smile
    Edit: Its like hoping against hope!

6. Will Apse profile image86
    Will Apseposted 12 years ago

I have faith that Hubpages will get it right. Google has explicitly stated that poor quality pages can impact the whole site. They have also explicitly stated that removing poor quality pages should return high quality pages to their former position.

Given the feverish activity removing the bad stuff over the past couple of months there is genuine cause for optimism. Also I am making money here- not much less than the halcyon days pre-Panda. That always makes me feel better.

My own contribution, sadly, is meager. I am just updating pages. Correcting mistakes. Trying to make my content as sharp as it can be.

7. Mark Ewbie profile image82
    Mark Ewbieposted 12 years ago

Hi Izzy, sorry to put my hand up to this.  I published a hub on Hot Aunties in Eastbourne and it got five views before being moderated.  I think that accounts for the boost.

On the other hand...

Yes, I see the uptick.  Caution tells me that we had one or two of those pre Panda, where it looked like they did an extra crawl because the bot couldn't believe the amount of crap on here.

Then we got slammed again.

However, it could be a glimmer of hope...

edit:  It is interesting to compare the graph to Squidoo.  They did not have an uptick.

1. SunSeven profile image61
      SunSevenposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Mark, You should have been here when real adult stuff was OK smile

We as the members of the site, as individuals are still evolving, as the site does.

Best Regards

8. Richieb799 profile image74
    Richieb799posted 12 years ago

Yeah I had a slight upturn this week but I put it down to seasonal upswing like Oli said but fingers crossed

9. RedElf profile image89
    RedElfposted 12 years ago

I've had a slight increase over the last week, but am still not holding my breath that it will be ongoing yet - would sure be nice though.

1. IzzyM profile image86

I didn't even know what Quantcast was before Panda. Now I watch it like a hawk. We've had little upturns before since Panda, but they didn't amount to much the next day again. Maybe tomorrow it'll fall again. Who knows? I can't tell by looking at my own traffic. I have to depend on Quantcast to give me the wider picture.
      I only posted to maybe give some people some hope. Because from hope, something or other springs eternal, apparently, LOL

10. Barbara Kay profile image73
    Barbara Kayposted 12 years ago

My traffic is slightly up, but I've been doing more linking also. Someone somewhere said that you need to spend 10% of your time writing and 90 linking. That sounds dreadful to me.

11. IzzyM profile image86
    IzzyMposted 12 years ago

The upturn has continued today!!

http://s3.hubimg.com/u/5046946_f248.jpg

1. prettydarkhorse profile image62
      prettydarkhorseposted 12 years agoin reply to this

nice to know Izzy!

12. ripplemaker profile image77
    ripplemakerposted 12 years ago

Is it time to do a gratitude dance? big_smile

13. sid_candid profile image58
    sid_candidposted 12 years ago

My traffic and earnings from HP have never been exciting due to my limited SEO skills, but when I compare traffic and earning for 14 days of May to 14 days of April I see a strange pattern. My page impressions are just a little over 60% of last month but my clicks have doubled and my earning is up by almost one dollar. I find it a bit strange that with reduced traffic I am getting better clicks and increase in earnings.

are you running both HP ads and adsense?

1. sid_candid profile image58
        sid_candidposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Yes I am running both and doing so from late March and have never switched off HP ads even for one day.

your adsense and HP ads are competing with each other so if you have click for adsense it is worth more than the HP ads.

14. IzzyM profile image86
    IzzyMposted 12 years ago

It has continued again, and HP has risen two points in the US index.
    It may be something or nothing, but this is cheering to look at now.

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/5054708_f248.jpg

1. Richieb799 profile image74
      Richieb799posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Awesome smile glad I'm continuing to publish here now lol  I got a paycheck in the post today for 100 bucks for another online resource, should be a weekly thing as well.. its a start!

1. IzzyM profile image86

Nice work! Well done! Where, if you don't mind me asking? - I could do with some more paychecks smile

1. Richieb799 profile image74
          Richieb799posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Got it from Blog TV, what is a pain in the ass is that my bank said it will take 2 weeks to clear because its coming from the US so I may have to resort to the other method of payment which is the Payoneer card which I didn't really want. Good job I'm on holiday while it clears lol

Adsense should be a nice amount at the end of June as well, cause I missed payout by a small amount for May

15. Rosie2010 profile image67
    Rosie2010posted 12 years ago

Good to know, thanks.  But my traffic is not increasing.. consistent though.  I'm happy with consistent.

1. IzzyM profile image86

Mine isn't increasing either, but someone's is! Which of course is possibly good news for all of us.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)