Favorite Concert??

Jump to Last Post 1-17 of 17 discussions (24 posts)
  1. Matt in Jax profile image60
    Matt in Jaxposted 12 years ago

What's the best concert you've ever been to?

1. Katie Sheridan profile image61
      Katie Sheridanposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Hands down Adam Lambert's Glam Nation Tour. Saw it 5 times in 5 cities. Flew to NYC from Florida to see it. Met him in Hard Rock Hollywood Florida as well. Nothing compares to Adam live. His voice alone is one in a million, but his flair for the theatrical and his connection to his audience is rare and an amazing experience!!

2. qwark profile image60
      qwarkposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Meatloaf!
      That sweaty, fat dude puts on a helluva show!
      He's got a full symphony orchestra behind him!
      I was in awe all the way thru it!
      Qwark

2. profile image0
    Motown2Chitownposted 12 years ago

Audioslave - Fox Theatre - Detroit - 2005

3. GmaGoldie profile image81
    GmaGoldieposted 12 years ago

Rod Stewart with Stevie Nicks opening and a surprise from song writer Sheryl Crow. April 9th United Center, Chicago, IL

4. dutchman1951 profile image59
    dutchman1951posted 12 years ago

1968 Newport Jazz Festible, Newport R.I.

Joplin, Grace Slick, Joe Coccer, Boston's first apperance,
    Jethro Tull, Guthre....and many more

Lasted 3 days, never have forgot it

left for Viet Nam 5 days after it finished

5. wavegirl22 profile image49
    wavegirl22posted 12 years ago

I have been to my share of great concerts but none will ever come close to what I experienced the night that I saw Billy Joel "The Last Play At Shea"  ..  I had the most fortunate luck to have been in attendance for the final concert that was held at Shea Stadium on a very hot July night in 2008.
    Billy did all his greatest hits and to add to the magic of the evening the play list consisted of:
    New York State of Mind (duet with Tony Bennett)
    Shameless (duet with Garth Brooks)
    Walk This Way (duet with Steven Tyler)
    My Generation (duet with Roger Daltrey)

And just when I thought I had already died and gone to heaven we were reminded how The "first play at Shea" was held back in 1965, with The Beatles live in concert.

So to end the evening Billy had an even bigger surprise ..   it was the second encore and Sir Paul McCartney came out with his guitar, Billy was at the piano and together they sang
    "I Saw Her Standing There" 

They ended this historical night with Paul on the piano and Billy and 63,000 fans all singing in harmony  "Let It Be"

http://s2.hubimg.com/u/4960365.jpg

1. rebekahELLE profile image86
      rebekahELLEposted 12 years agoin reply to this

WOW! What an amazing show that must have been! I can feel the energy just from reading your post!

I have been to many concerts... I don't know if I have a favorite. I used to work for an organization that booked bands.
      They're all my favorite when I'm there! I loved seeing Rod Stewart years ago in Chicago. I also go to operas, etc. My all time favorite is La Traviata.
      http://s4.hubimg.com/u/3782863_f248.jpg

A concert that totally surprised me and kept me smiling for weeks was Kenny Vance and the Planotones.  [Looking For an Echo..] Every time I play their music, it makes me smile.
      I had never heard of him and went to their show and fell in love with the music and the performers. It was magical.

1. wavegirl22 profile image49
        wavegirl22posted 12 years agoin reply to this

You know I am putting Kenny Vance and the Planotones on my list  . .. !

1. rebekahELLE profile image86
          rebekahELLEposted 12 years agoin reply to this

They're New Yorkers, Brooklyn! I have a link to their 2011 concert schedule on my KV hub, where I review one of their concerts. The comments have turned into a little fan club of sorts.
          Some even address the post like they're writing to Kenny! smile 
          I understand the feeling now. If you haven't seen them, you must go. You'll love it.

1. wavegirl22 profile image49
            wavegirl22posted 12 years agoin reply to this

With my best NY accent I say ....WHO KNEW !!!
            Kenny and the Plantones rock . .wow.  .Jay and the Americans. Eddie and the Crusiers. . it doesnt get any better. . . Long live Du Wop!

I knew if you suggested it I would have to love it. . and I did  and I do smile

6. celebritie profile image68
    celebritieposted 12 years ago

Seeing Jessica Simpson in concert was a total awesome experience.

7. profile image0
    lynnechandlerposted 12 years ago

I'd have to say Reba at Chastain and then Cher at Lakewood with Cyndi Lauper

Many other great ones those were just the two I enjoyed the most.

8. Matt in Jax profile image60
    Matt in Jaxposted 12 years ago

My best experience will always be the first Warped Tour I went to. Crowd-surfed to Bad Religion, got to see a lot of my favorite punk and metal bands and had an all around amazing day. It was 2007 near Jacksonville, FL.

9. mcrawford76 profile image89
    mcrawford76posted 12 years ago

#1 - Metallica & Guns n Roses - 1992
    #2 - Rage Against the Machine - 1996.
    #3 - Smokin Grooves Tour - 1998 featuring Public Enemy, Cypress Hill, Wyclef Jean, The Refugees, Busta Rhymes, and a few others I can't remember.

1. tony0724 profile image60
      tony0724posted 12 years agoin reply to this

I loved Rage against the Machine !

10. Alastar Packer profile image71
    Alastar Packerposted 12 years ago

Bryan Adams: they put the spotlight on me and a girl standing in front hugging; and sang one of his love songs to us. That was really cool of them to do that and its a memory you never forget.

11. Jonathan Janco profile image59
    Jonathan Jancoposted 12 years ago

Havent been to a concert in a while but Im going to see Dweezil sings Frank in Bridgeport in July. BTW I have two tix and am deliriously single. Anyone live in the NYC area and loves Zappa?

As for my old concert going days, it's a tough call. I was a Broadcasting major and spent a lot of time in college doing promotions for local gigs. I literally had tickets to shows thrown at me in those days. I saw Fishbone 9 times; saw Morphine about a halfdozen times. I met Thurston Moore from Sonic Youth once at a Nirvana show at the Roseland. That was pretty cool.

Probably the best looking back was the 120mins tour I caught at the Ritz when I was in 12th grade. Public Image Ltd, Big Audio Dynamite, Live and a little (at the time) totally unknown band called Blind Melon.

Then there was that Taj Mahal show at Shenannigan's in South Norwalk (now Black Bear) that my uncle sneaked me into when I was twelve and I got my very first contact high.

12. profile image0
    klarawieckposted 12 years ago

Bright Eyes, March 2nd, 2011 at the Miami Fillmore. LOVE THOSE GUYS!

13. BritishParadox profile image58
    BritishParadoxposted 12 years ago

I saw Echo and the Bunnymen as few weeks ago. It was fantastic! I never thought I'd have a chance to see them, because they were part of the post-punk movement of the 1980s- and I wasn't even born yet. But they were fantastic, they played their first two albums in their entirety, they had excellent lights, fog machine, they still sounded [and looked] fantastic. Absolutely fantastic!

14. SerinaSkye profile image60
    SerinaSkyeposted 12 years ago

Aw man, I always hate this question cause it's so hard to narrow it down. I do still believe my favorite concert has been The Final Riot Tour in August of 2008. Paramore was the headliner with Jack's Mannequin, Phantom Planet, and Paper Route. I love all three of those bands and it was great seeing Phantom Planet live. They're not around anymore. I have always loved Andrew Mcmahon. Paper Route is an absolutely great band from nashville and they always appreciate me everytime they see me. Lovely group of dudes.

15. downpourofwords profile image41
    downpourofwordsposted 12 years ago

I loved the iron Maiden concert held in India.

16. tony0724 profile image60
    tony0724posted 12 years ago

Probably not fair but I have to mention three. Led Zeppelin in 1977 at the Forum in LA. The Clash at the Hollywood Paladium on the " Give em enough rope " tour. And KISS was just the most awesome entertainment experience I can remember !

17. SomewayOuttaHere profile image61
    SomewayOuttaHereposted 12 years ago

...been to many...my fav was an up close concert in a small bar in Florida - listened to the Allman Brothers - it was great! - i don't think I was of legal age

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)