Inconsistency with moderation?

Jump to Last Post 1-11 of 11 discussions (53 posts)
  1. Cagsil profile image69
    Cagsilposted 12 years ago

Hey Staff,

I'm sorry, but this is a bit sad. The inconsistency with moderation and flagging of hubs is getting ridiculous.

Please teach your moderators what is actually provocative. It is unacceptable that a picture that shows a little skin is being flagged by the moderation team.

I have a number of hubs that have been identified by other moderators and those hubs have been left alone. At one point or another, ALL of my Celebrity Hubs have been moderated by previous moderation people(staff members) and passed with flying colors.

To have NEW moderators, pulling down hubs for NO BLATANT reasons, when the hubs have already been moderated is absurd.

Thank you for your time.

1. KFlippin profile image60
      KFlippinposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Deleted

Cagsilposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I am not sure how the HP staff moderates "hate" speech when it comes to hubs. hmm

Deleted

I am not doubting your research or writing. I'm just saying I am not sure 'how' staff moderates such things as "hate" speech.

I guess they would have to be able to differentiate between the "individual" speech of the writer and the evidence within the hub. Then again, I don't doubt their explanation, but would show the inconsistency I am ranting about. wink

Deleted

1. Jason Menayan profile image61
                Jason Menayanposted 12 years agoin reply to this

You've never had a Hub or even a forum post moderated for hate speech.

2. Cagsil profile image69

Received email with regards to hub unpublished for several reasons, but moderator explanation isn't consistent.

Yet, another prime example of the blunders happening on HP.

1. Disturbia profile image59
      Disturbiaposted 12 years agoin reply to this

yikes

2. Mark Ewbie profile image82
      Mark Ewbieposted 12 years agoin reply to this

roll

Exactly Mark! It's not fun watching stupidity in motion.

@Disturbia- yes another icon that displays the frustration provided by moderation members.

1. Mark Ewbie profile image82

OK Cagsil. Touche. Well played. Are we quits?

What is that suppose to mean?

1. Mark Ewbie profile image82

It means you nicely dealt with my attempt to use your rolleyes thing in a provocative way.  Therefore I have warmed to you as someone I might be able to rub along with, if not exactly on the same page.

Oh, okay. Good to know. wink

3. Cagsil profile image69

More inconsistency with moderation-

Just received yet another email with regards to my unpublished hub for adult content? Is BS! Plain and simple.

Not to mention, the supposed "unrelated" links were in HP's RSS FEED and it was based on the KEYWORDS "Kirsten Dunst".

How did the RSS FEED come up with something that wasn't related?

Staff makes no sense.

4. Misha profile image62
    Mishaposted 12 years ago

Hey Cags, check my profile for a new site where you can say what you think about current HP events, without being moderated down. It's called hubRages big_smile

Hey Misha, I've seen it. smile But, thank you kindly. lol lol

On a side note- I'm glad you said something about it, so others can find it as well. smile big_smile

2. mistyhorizon2003 profile image88
      mistyhorizon2003posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Great idea Misha, a place for disgruntled Hubbers to Vent big_smile

Hey Misty, it's not like there are not several other places already ranting about HP or it's staff, but one more certainly cannot hurt. lol lol

1. mistyhorizon2003 profile image88

LOL, it is healthy to vent, and 'you can never have too much of a good thing' big_smile

Agreed. smile lol

2. Marisa Wright profile image86
        Marisa Wrightposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I do hope it's just a place for Hubbers to vent like adults, and not a place for children to be vindictive, make up conspiracy theories and drip vitriol, like the old HubPages Sucks site.

1. Misha profile image62
          Mishaposted 12 years agoin reply to this

It's a free place Marisa, and everybody is free to say what they think. Seeing how hubpages treat their writers as totally mentally disabled, one would expect much more childish response over there. So far it was quite grown up conversation. smile

5. Cagsil profile image69

What is going on with HP Staff moderators? Unbelievable. sad

I received an email with specific information about fixing it and I fixed it.

However, ads have been disabled on the exact same Hub? What gives?

Is that an example of how HP staff is training their moderators? If so, it's certainly doesn't display confidence in members.

6. sunforged profile image70
    sunforgedposted 12 years ago

Wow . you got an email! Im jealous. You came out the plus side on that inconsistency. You should play the lotto today.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_ksnFk5-ybws/S-GDP9GJftI/AAAAAAAAAyQ/OYrRFestQLY/s1600/www.free-smiley-faces.de_big-smileys_grosse-smilies_05_800x800%252525255B1%252525255D.jpg

I was looking for a big winner , lotto guy type smiley but this creeped me out so I figured i would share it instead

lol lol lol

Thank you Sunforged. tongue smile

7. Cagsil profile image69

My email has gone unanswered.

I want to know why ads have been disabled on the Hub I just fixed to be compliant.

It was nice that they republished it, but it isn't of any value to me, if the ads are not on the hub.

1. Marisa Wright profile image86

Grrrrrrrrrr....frustrating.  I know just how you feel.

Mistakes are happening due to the inexperience of some of the moderators.  I suppose we have to allow for them to be human.  Doesn't make it any less annoying, though!

8. psycheskinner profile image82
    psycheskinnerposted 12 years ago

Surely each page should have a moderation history so mods can just see it has already been looked at and passed, to avoid repetition?

It was a unpublished hub by them. They requested I fix it and I have, and they approved it for republication. Yet, ads are disabled? To me that makes no sense.

It makes no sense why the moderator who moderated it for approval, didn't bother to ensure ads were enabled.

hmm

1. mistyhorizon2003 profile image88

Yes, I had that happen on one of mine some weeks back. I was so fed up of all the hours I had wasted deleting Clickbank Links and RSS Latest Hub feeds by then, I just unpublished it again myself and am intending to move it elsewhere.

9. Cagsil profile image69

Still I haven't received a reply to my email, nor has the moderation team put the ads back on the hub THEY requested I fix.

The hub was fixed....so why am I still being penalized. hmm

1. Cardisa profile image89
      Cardisaposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I had the exact same problem with my Yeast infection article. No ads on it, for a subject that is so popularly searched on Google. I took out all the 'vagina words' and still no ads allowed.

You have to send an email to the staff, so a moderator can look at the hub, so they can approve the hub. If you make changes to a hub that has ads disabled, you must contact them to let them know changes were made. They do not come back to see if you did make changes. Since you made changes from the original moderation, and since a moderator manually turned off the ads, then you need to contact them, so as to get them turned back on.

My hub was approved, but the ads have been disabled for NO reason.

The hub was published but no ads. I will email them.

Thanks!

You're welcome.

Remember, there is an auto-filter. If the hub was not moderated by a real person, then you can fix the hub to get the ads put on. If the hub was moderated and ads were disabled, then the email is required.

Thanks again! you are great!

You're welcome again.

Apparently, I am not so great, when I cannot even get HP to fix my hub. lol lol lol lol lol

10. Cagsil profile image69

YAY! I have ads back on the hub I fixed. lol lol

However, I guess I didn't warrant an answer to my email. sad I mean, if it was a simple mistake then why not admit it? Be humble?

I guess it really doesn't matter since the hub has it's ads. hmm

Hurray!! Congrats Cagsil!!

Strike that. The ads are still disabled. Foolish me, was looking at the wrong hub. sad

My mistake. Sorry. sad

1. profile image52
          hubpagesuckballsposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Deleted

Are you a dude or a dudette? Not that it really matters, but your posts in this thread are non-productive and actually quite useless.

Having your account deleted, regardless what your authorscore was at the time, is also meaningless. It's obvious that it wasn't this account, but you've managed to make a secondary account, just to come to the forums to post your rant.

It's not a surprise, but childish antics isn't actually going to solve anything.

1. recommend1 profile image59
              recommend1posted 12 years agoin reply to this

I have to step in here - I agree with Cags that retorts don't solve anything, and yet if my account had been dumped I might not agree so much ?

The whole point of this thread is that things are not being dealt with properly, on time, or with any clear intelligence.

That it should cause a revolt from the normally supportive Cags is also the point, not that some dumped article spinner is p!ssed off !

I am at mid-popint now between staying and just forgetting this place - I want to invest a few dozen articles here - but is it safe ??

It would be safe. However, make sure that your articles are not the primary focus. Meaning, do not make the articles, so as to point somewhere else. Make other locations to point to your articles. Only reason being is because other places might actually rank better than HP, so those other places would have more visibility vs HP's articles.

One way links are better than two way links. Creating a bunch of one way links connected to any other page other than HP would do more good for you.

I hope that helps Recommend. smile

1. recommend1 profile image59
                  recommend1posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Thank you for that - but I am well aware of the value of linking - however, having articles mature here with their links to my sites (and other sites that I bring within my scope) to then have the articles here unpublished at the whim of a change in TOS or an incompetent mod is hardly a good business proposition is it  ?

I cannot speak for HP staff and wouldn't want to either, because of their recent actions. However, as I said- your articles on HP should be the final destination for your links. You shouldn't be linking to anything that is yours, but should link to referencing sources that re-affirm what you've written in your articles here.

That's all I was trying to state, but failed.

2. Marisa Wright profile image86

But I think that's what Recommend1 wants, Cags.  He has a website or blog which he wants to promote, and is considering posting articles here to get backlinks.

I see no problem with that - provided he limits the links to two per Hub.

11. Williamjordan profile image58
    Williamjordanposted 12 years ago

Due to Bad Moderation I have deleted over forty Hubs How do I get my Photos before I leave officially I paid for most of the rights to use them, do they now belong to Hub pages in I just loose the money I spent on them. I have paid for a couple of Hubs to be rewritten and the moderators still said sub standard is the people at the stop even listening to any of us this is bad. So long
    Hub Pages  Hope to see some of you at some of the other sites they have approved a lot of the stuffed that was flagged about ten are features, the rest are on my blog the God Centered Life or Today With Williamjordan both are getting good traffic I have four blogs on WordPress that I will be spending more time on Yahoo content and Helium have accepted some work I submitted to them. But this was my favorite site hope thing get better I have a 117 hubs still standing I will be checking on them at least once a week bye.

1. Marisa Wright profile image86

No, everything you have posted on HubPages still belongs to you.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)