Historical Sources about Muhammad

Jump to Last Post 1-12 of 12 discussions (48 posts)
  1. profile image51
    paarsurreyposted 13 years ago

http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/51022?p … ost1174079

Rishy Rich wrote:

Its the opinion of Historians, its the opinion of the highest rated unbiased scholars & reliable sources of present time. But you will not understand

Paarsurrey wrote:

What is your source of Historical Sources about Muhammad? Please provide the link.

Paarusrrey adds:

To me, there are no sources about Muhammad's life, of Muhammad's time, except Quran.

All other sources are only secondary or even lower than that.

Thanks

I am an Ahmadi peaceful Muslim

1. jay_kumar_07 profile image61
      jay_kumar_07posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hi
      Iam not  a scholar in QURAN. But I got some answers in QURAN as like other spritual Books. If we ask and search we will find out.
      jay.

1. profile image51
        paarsurreyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You may answer questions or you may ask questions from Quran.

1. jay_kumar_07 profile image61
          jay_kumar_07posted 13 years agoin reply to this

GOD gave Hevenly food MANNA  to the people of MOSES.
          Our regular food also suitable for Hevenly people
          Pl guide.

1. profile image51

It was perhaps the food available in the desert of Sinai like mushrooms or seasonal birds visiting there .

1. libby101a profile image60
              libby101aposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Can you quote this from God? Please put your quote so everyone can see.

Thanks.

1. profile image51

I wrote explanation with the words "perhaps “meaning that it is an interpretation and not words of God.

For reason of the interpretation please access:

http://www.alislam.org/quran/tafseer/?p … ;region=E1
                http://www.alislam.org/quran/tafseer/?p … ;region=E1

The interpretations are only to be believed if understood and convinced with.

Not useful then! It is not the word of God!

Peace

2. dutchman1951 profile image60
          dutchman1951posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Parr, your words?
          You may answer questions or you may ask questions from Quran.

you can say the same for a Wigi Board! Does not mean anything is truth at all.

2. earnestshub profile image83
      earnestshubposted 13 years agoin reply to this

it's hard to imagine anything lower than the quoran. smile

3. dutchman1951 profile image60

Parr what does the word Ahmadi mean, I am curious, please tell?

1. pisean282311 profile image63
        pisean282311posted 13 years agoin reply to this

ahmadi is a sect...formed by ghulam ahmad..

2. profile image51

Muhammad's another name was Ahmad. Both of these names were mentioned/prophesied in the Bible for a great Prophet Messenger like Moses who was to come in Arabia.

We Ahmadi Muslims call ourselves for distinction purposes after the second name of Muhammad ie Ahmad and hence the derivative Ahmadi

1. dutchman1951 profile image60

thank you, now i understand the sentence at the bottom of your posts.

4. Shahid Bukhari profile image60
      Shahid Bukhariposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Please try understand ... Quran is the Source of Understanding, Islam ... hence, the Last Messenger and Prophet of Allah's conveyed Message.

Islam is not an Academic, or a logical Question ... Islam, is the Following of The Ordained Way of Life ...

5. Abhaque Supanjang profile image73
      Abhaque Supanjangposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Al-Qur'anul Kariem is the holy book of Islamic people. There isn't much Information about the history of Nabiyullah Muhammad SAW inside it. The history on Muhammad SAW is mostly gotten from his friends, and this is not a secondary source, they are the primary ones - the information is valid and reliable. I don't need to tell you the source in internet; find them by yourself.

2. profile image51

There are no sources about Muhammad's life, of Muhammad's time, except Quran. And Quran mentions the events of his life as they took place; like it is a live transmission of the events.

3. profile image51

The earliest source of information for the life of Muhammad is the Qur'an, although this doesn't give much information.[1][2] Next in importance are the historical works by writers of third and fourth century of the Muslim era (~900-1000 C.E.).[

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Historicity_of_Muhammad

4. profile image51

Quran is not authored by Muhammad it is authored by the Creator-God Allah YHWH; as the events unfolded Word of revelation with guidance from Him were received and in this way it is the most rational Word of Revelation; and it is in the same form as it was when Muhammad died. Since it is witnessed by the Creator-God Allah YHWH, it needs no further witnessing.

For life of Muhammad it is the only source

1. profile image50
      smattomposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Piffle and babble.

Quran WAS authored by Muhammad (if Allah wrote it, he's guilty of many inconsistencies...an omnipotent god can't really make mistakes, can he?).

What's rational about imagining that god has asked you to write something? I'd be worried about my mental health if this happened to me.

It was witnessed by allah, you say; but did anyone manage to witness allah's witnessing, barring Muhammad? Didn't think so, convenient that. So, since it was witnessed by something for which there's no evidence that it actually did witness, how does it need no further witnessing?

The last sentence of your posting would only make sense if you're saying that Muhammad somehow fed on the book he created. I'm sure you didn't mean that, but I do have a very strong babble detector!

Best wishes and all that.

5. profile image51

The earliest source of information for the life of Muhammad is the Qur'an

6. dutchman1951 profile image60
    dutchman1951posted 13 years ago

I went to look for sources, and this is what I did find:

The earliest and most famous biography of Mohammed is, "Sirat Rasul Allah" (The Life of the Prophet of God) of Ibn Ishaq. The dates given for Mohammed's life are 570-632 AD. Ibn Ishaq was born about 717 and died in 767. He thus wrote his biography well over 100 years after Mohammed lived, precluding his gaining any information from eyewitnesses to the Sira, as they would have all died themselves in the intervening years.
    However, no copies exist of Ibn Ishaq's work. We know of it only through quotations of it in the History of al-Tabari, who lived over 200 years after Ibn Ishaq (al-Tabari died in 992). Thus, the earliest biography of Mohammed of which copies still exist was written some 350 years after he lived.

many Islamic scholars question if he exhisted. Interesting enough the arguments I have read are almost similar to those about Jesus exhisting. Interesting.

all I know about it   smile

1. profile image51

The earlier Muslims did not think it essential to write any life account of Muhammad; as they found all essential things already recorded like a live commentary in Quran. Whatever is written in Quran about Muhammad depicts his exemplary character and rational teachings; enough for guidance for the human beings.

1. skipper112 profile image60
        skipper112posted 13 years agoin reply to this

OMG paar are you for real,Mohammed was a war monger, a child molester,a thief, THAT is EXEMENTLARY character, he even Forced the Meccan's to accept the Quran by War as they relized Mohamed was a false prophet, if that is GUIDENCE you can have it all to yourself. Now I understand why you attack Jesus with such vemon

7. profile image51

To me, there are no sources about Muhammad's life, of Muhammad's time, except Quran.

All other sources are only secondary or even lower than that.

8. Greek One profile image62
    Greek Oneposted 13 years ago

Paar you are using sources that are too old and thus unreliable.  The only true source about Mohammed that that can be trusted is Howard Cossel

http://www.thesweetscience.com/images/5839/cosell_ali_240x230_032006.jpg

1. profile image51

The sources are of the time of Muhammad; and hence most reliable.

1. Greek One profile image62
        Greek Oneposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I can write a book today about a living historical figure.

The fact that i am his contemporary does not mean that my book would be an accurate portrayal

1. profile image51

Please go on writing such a book.

who should I pick?  Can I write about you?

1. profile image51

You may write an autobiography; there is however no compulsion from me.

i think your life story would sell more books.. mine is boring.  Tell me a bit about yourself.. got any hobbies other than religion?

1. skipper112 profile image60
                  skipper112posted 13 years agoin reply to this

opps you were doing ok Greek then you asked Paar a hard Question, think paar will go and start a new post paar cannot handle HARD questions.

2. pisean282311 profile image63

@paar greek made a very very valid point out here...

9. profile image51
    crusader112posted 13 years ago

Parr,
    As you only belive the Quran, what is the use of debateing you? Parr how can I ask a question from the Quran, as I do not belive it is the work of any God.

Question, according to most views, Mohammed's visions are in the Quran, OK . If Mohammed could not read or write, hoe cam Mohammed see that Mohammeds words were written in the Quran?

Ouestion. Explain how Mohammed's ( visits from the so called Angel Gabrael ) were almost 100% opposite from the Holy Bible. Did God ( god The FATHER) change his mind or did the Angel Gaberal lie?

I belive quotes from all other Religions including Christianity were placed in the Quran to try and make it look like the Quran covered everything. As Mohammed had no whitnesses to his 'So  called visions, or his so called visits from Gabrial' how aew we to belive Mohammed saw anything?

I belive God did not change his mind, the Angel Gabrial never visited Mohammed, so Mohammed made the Quran up by copying things he over heard about other Religions of the time.

So to me the Quran is not the words of God, and is not reliable.

crusader 112

1. profile image51

Please quote ten connected verses from Quran which have been copied from some other religious book; with a reference from that book for comparison. Please

How about one third of the entire book...except for the parts about "and his prophet Muhammad".

I've read it Paar!  And honestly... Considering the fact that the Jews already had their bible.... and Muhammad used a lot of things from it.. I would say he copied.. but of course he couldn't read and write... but we all know how they "memorized" things back then--because all of the qu'ran was in the memories of his followers...and not written for hundreds of years!

I would gather, since the OT was written first, then the Qu'ran was copying when it used parts of it... of course things were changed around to mean different things--- although the Qu'ran swears that the OT was of Allah... yet it changed meanings and made things totally different! And facts were way off! I guess it is safe to say that God doesn't lie or change... then why would the Qu'ran be of him, if words in it are different than that of the Torah... because it clearly says the Torrah is holy and of God!!!

Something is messed up in the whole concept!

2. profile image51
        crusader112posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Parr,
        Just putting Jesus and Mary in the Quran was copied from NT with enough changes to make it appear it was from Allah via Mohammed.

Why would God change his mind from the NT to the Quran, simple answer God never changed his mind, I belive Mohammed did and said it was from God.

The Quran copied ( and changed God's word from the OT) How can any of the OT be from Allah, Did Allah write the OT as well as the NT as well as the Quran,and God speaks different in the OT to the NT to the Quran, I do not belive God is like that.

Mohammed had 500 years to change things and pretend it was from the Angel Gabrial, really how come God never spoke to Mohammed he did to the  true Prophets, now you try to tell us God changed his mind three times really Parr I do not think so.

I agree with Libby, she tells the truth I belive.

Parr when you can admit the Quran is neither reasonable or perfect, Jesus loves up in the Bible, Allah never loves you he just Comands you.

I belive Mohammed copied from Jews and Christians, and still got it wrong.

1. pisean282311 profile image63

well by now i know what paar would answer...see it is simple....which is first religion in the world?...well it is islam...now adam was muslim and so was abraham...all prophets gave same message but it kept on getting corrupted and so mohammed was sent...what looks as copied part is actually same revelations which moses or jesus received... but mohammed at same time removed parts which got corrupted with time...so quran is final version of god's message...

1. profile image51

Muhammad did not author Quran; it is the Creator-God who authored Quran.

1. Mark Knowles profile image58
              Mark Knowlesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Muhammad was an ignorant Goat herder I gather - he could not write - he was illiterate in fact. As his 9 year old bride can attest to.

2. profile image51

Then if Mohammed did no author the Quran, what was Mohammed here for.??
              Hey did Mohammed ( no witnesses ) recieve the last word of God, or did Joseph smith ( 10 witnesses) recieve the last word of God.
              Joseph Smith and 10 witnessess. against A ignorant Goat herder ( Mohammed )

So Mohammed was only around to get 'special treatment from
              allah,' after all Allah gave Mohammed specal treatment, more wives, young wives, anything Mohammed wanted, and Mohammed did NOTHING to get " Allah's Blessing's his " so called' visits from a so called Angel  ment nothing as Allah wrote the Quran.?

Mohammed wasted his time in a cave ( according to Parr, as Allah authored EVERYTHING)  so Mohammeds ' So called visits from Gabrial were a wast of TIME ) Allah wrote everything??

Even Mainstream Islam is wrong, Mohammed did NOTHING  to help the Quran. so if Parr's words are 100% right "quote Muhammed DID not Author Quran, it is the Creator-God who Authored Quran."

Parr had cleared this up, can anybody tell me what use Mohammed was, why Mohamed got special blessings from Allah?

Help please if Parr is right then every body from Islam I have  ever talked to was wrong, Mohammed had nothing to do with the Quran, only Allah, please it that the was it, help me to understand?

3. pisean282311 profile image63

@paar ofcourse muhammad didnot author the quran...he could not read and write ...so it was not possible for him to write...the creators of quran wrote quran is too a fact...but creators were not one they were more than one ...and it applies to all religious book man...it is humans who wrote...i dont doubt there intent and their belief that what they are writing came from god...it is human to do that...and there lies the problem ...we tend to freeze something in time and try to govern present times and lives based on something written thousands of years ago ...there lies problem..if we view these people as great human beings who intended to do good for humanity ...we can respect them but at same time move on then sticking to things which have become obsolete...things which are still relevant can be used ....

10. Greek One profile image62
    Greek Oneposted 13 years ago

Interesting fact:

the original Quran initially had a whole lot of sketches and caricatures...

but they were pulled out and burned (much like the scribes who drew them)

1. profile image51

yes Greek One, I seem to remember that I'm 67 you did jog my memory ty

11. profile image51

The Creator-God authored the Quran so it is very relevant now. Quran is for the guidance of man in ethical, moral and spiritual realms. Human problems psyche and nature does not change; so it is relevant as it was relevant then.

If there is no record of Muhammad's life then how do you know he existed other than a bunch of people writing down something that happened a few hundred years before their time? How do you know it's  not all a myth?

Anybody can write a book Paar! As did all the followers of Muhammad! They wrote a book about a man who stole booty and caused war and wanted to be equal to God!

12. Shahid Bukhari profile image60
    Shahid Bukhariposted 13 years ago

Al Quran ... Is The Word of God .

Should we then seek scholarly opinions of those ... who, as Historians, are always Prejudiced ...

Therefore ... When dealing with the subject of Prophets ... particularly their Historical singnificance ... Trust their Scriptures.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)