Attn Scripture Slingers:

Jump to Last Post 51-97 of 97 discussions (162 posts)
  1. DoubleScorpion profile image77
    DoubleScorpionposted 12 years ago

Black

2 Kings 2:23-25
    23 From there Elisha went up to Bethel. As he was walking along the road, some youths came out of the town and jeered at him. “Go on up, you baldhead!” they said. “Go on up, you baldhead!”
    24 He turned around, looked at them and called down a curse on them in the name of the Lord. Then two bears came out of the woods and mauled forty-two of the youths.
    25 And he went on to Mount Carmel and from there returned to Samaria.

2. Jonathan Janco profile image60
    Jonathan Jancoposted 12 years ago

17-17.

3. Eaglekiwi profile image73
    Eaglekiwiposted 12 years ago

White

1 Corinthians 6:9–10

Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor homosexuals,

10 nor thieves, nor the covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers, will inherit the kingdom of God.

4. Jonathan Janco profile image60

18-17. Eags puts the white shirts up

5. Eaglekiwi profile image73

White

Jer 29:11: For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future

6. Eaglekiwi profile image73

White

Gal 5:22: But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness,

7. Eaglekiwi profile image73

White

John 14:6: Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

1. Eaglekiwi profile image73
      Eaglekiwiposted 12 years agoin reply to this

(Psst DS ,did you go to lunch)wink

DoubleScorpionposted 12 years agoin reply to this

LOL. yeah. And trying to work at same time. I am the only one batting for the black team for the moment.
        BTW. I am picking certain passage for pointing out certain things. You will notice that I am not just blindly posting bible passages. big_smile

Ok well I chose scriptures that I liked ,meant something to me personally.

Don't worry I gotta scoot soon anyways...

Sorry I didn't mean that comment towards you. I was just saying that I am posting certain things to point out certain points.

My apologies.

8. DoubleScorpion profile image77

Black

Exodus 6:19-20
    19 ...These were the clans of Levi according to their records.
    20 Amram married his father’s sister Jochebed, who bore him Aaron and Moses.

Leviticus 20:19
    19 “‘Do not have sexual relations with the sister of either your mother or your father, for that would dishonor a close relative; both of you would be held responsible.

Numbers 3:40-41
    40 The Lord said to Moses, “Count all the firstborn Israelite males who are a month old or more and make a list of their names. 41 Take the Levites for me in place of all the firstborn of the Israelites, and the livestock of the Levites in place of all the firstborn of the livestock of the Israelites. I am the Lord.”

9. Eaglekiwi profile image73

White

Rom 10:9: That if you confess with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.

10. Eaglekiwi profile image73

White

John 11:25: Jesus said to her, “I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in me will live, even though he dies;

11. Eaglekiwi profile image73

White

Heb 4:12: For the word of God is living and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart.

12. DoubleScorpion profile image77

Black

Numbers 3:44-51
    44 The Lord also said to Moses,
    45 “Take the Levites in place of all the firstborn of Israel, and the livestock of the Levites in place of their livestock. The Levites are to be mine. I am the Lord.
    46 To redeem the 273 firstborn Israelites who exceed the number of the Levites, 
    47 collect five shekelsc for each one, according to the sanctuary shekel, which weighs twenty gerahs. 
    48 Give the money for the redemption of the additional Israelites to Aaron and his sons.”
    49 So Moses collected the redemption money from those who exceeded the number redeemed by the Levites.
    50 From the firstborn of the Israelites he collected silver weighing 1,365 shekels,d according to the sanctuary shekel.
    51 Moses gave the redemption money to Aaron and his sons, as he was commanded by the word of the Lord.

(Just a note...More in the bible about money than about heaven)

Maybe it was just invented (money that is)?

Sounds like taxes to me. (Religion Based Government)

Good point.

Casear?

These texts were written before the Romans were an influence...Babylonian Rulers or Egyptian Pharoahs may be where the idea came from.

13. Eaglekiwi profile image73

White

Ps 37:4: Delight yourself in the LORD and he will give you the desires of your heart

@DS No offensive taken, knew what ya meant.

Crap Im late ...

Laters

14. DoubleScorpion profile image77

Black

Exodus 33:10-11
    10 Whenever the people saw the pillar of cloud standing at the entrance to the tent, they all stood and worshiped, each at the entrance to his tent.
    11 The Lord would speak to Moses face to face, as a man speaks with his friend.

Exodus 33:20-23
    20 But,” he said, “you cannot see my face, for no one may see me and live.”
    21 Then the Lord said, “There is a place near me where you may stand on a rock.
    22 When my glory passes by, I will put you in a cleft in the rock and cover you with my hand until I have passed by.
    23 Then I will remove my hand and you will see my back; but my face must not be seen.”

15. earnestshub profile image81
    earnestshubposted 12 years ago

The white shirt black shirt thing is already won, I just think it is a bit much to write 30 or 40,000 posts. smile

16. Jonathan Janco profile image60

25-20.

White shirts in favor. Nice to see such good sportsmanship so far. Havent had to call a single foul, yet.
    smile

1. earnestshub profile image81
      earnestshubposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Will it still be 20-25 if I list a few thousand at a time for the black team, or do I have to post them separately?

He is counting them as individual Earnest

2. Jonathan Janco profile image60
        Jonathan Jancoposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Separate posts, earnest. the rules clearly call for 1 credit per post and no additional comments. But I think you've already figured me out here.
        wink

OK. Thanks Jonathan, I will pass.

Those who have read both OT and NT thoroughly and cross referenced them will already know that the odds are so far in favour of the black it would be like shooting pet ducks in a bathtub! lol

17. Jonathan Janco profile image60

Yeah,this beast is getting bigger by the day.
    By beast I mean the thread of course

18. Jonathan Janco profile image60

Earnest, personally I thought it was a good matchup just for the arguments that are generally brought up in the forums. I wanted to see who on both sides was really passionate about studying OT&NT and how it formed their beliefs and such. I figured everyone would feel silly after a while and we would all have a nice laugh about it. Little did I know people would end up having a rational discussion or two thus far exceeding my expectations.

It's like . . .
    It's like a miracle, earnest!
    smile

And thus the reason I chose to post the passages I posted. big_smile

19. stclairjack profile image77
    stclairjackposted 12 years ago

i've been followin this one since i found it this am and to be honest,... it would have servd me far better had i been paying att to the actual scripture refferences and the point made with them,,, but my facination has been with the civility,.. the knowledge based exchange,...

its all been a pleasurable change of pace from what i normaly see here. thank you soo much for this,... it was fabulous from the box seats.

20. Jonathan Janco profile image60

I cant believe it, myself. I created this contest thinking everybody needed to blow off some steam. Turns out, people were dying for a valuable exchange. I couldnt be more pleased, and I was half-expecting this would end up more monstrous than some had feared. Its so great that the participants involved have chosen this path of respect and civility. Like I said, it is far beyond my expectations.

Take a bow Jonathon ,it was fun smile indeed.

21. Eaglekiwi profile image73

White

He has shown all you people what is good. And what does the LORD require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God. (NIV)

22. DoubleScorpion profile image77

We needed a few more Black teammembers. LOL...But it was a good time.

23. earnestshub profile image81

Like I said, too easy with straight scripture.
    Does this count?

"The belief in "god" seems to be ubiquitous through the ages.

We know, for example, that the ancient Egyptians believed in their gods so fervently that they built massive structures like the Great Pyramid -- still today one of the largest and most enduring human constructions ever created. Despite that fervour, however, we know with complete certainty today that the Egyptian gods were imaginary. We don't build pyramids anymore and we do not mummify our leaders.

Source: http://godisimaginary.com/i3.htm

Amazing wonders indeed!

2. jacharless profile image75
      jacharlessposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Great wonders indeed. But oddly, most pyramids -in Egypt and many parts of the world were panteón (cemeteries), not temples of worship. Think Inca/Mayan, who built more pyramids than the Egyptians. In actuality, one such relic was built less than 1,000 years ago and is one of the largest in history. ( sorry, architecture has always fascinated me ).

Watched a documentary recently on the Mayan people-Amazing!.

I was all ears when they mentioned the connnection to the Indigenous trible I am from too (NZ Maori) and it seems many offshoots of races seem to trace back to the Mayan.

I spose logically thats a given ,but really interesting to see how they connect the dots etc.

2. earnestshub profile image81

You seem to have skipped over the fact that even the cemeteries as you call them, were designed to ensure the afterlife of those who had the money and power to be buried with all the trappings they needed in the next life.
        It is still all about worshipping a god.

1. jacharless profile image75

lol
          Guess they thought they could take it with them -from pottery to servants. Also I am aware many sub-cultures of Arabia believed in the ability to exist between worlds.

24. DoubleScorpion profile image77

Black

Luke 12:49-51
    49 “I have come to bring fire on the earth, and how I wish it were already kindled!
    50 But I have a baptism to undergo, and how distressed I am until it is completed!
    51 Do you think I came to bring peace on earth? No, I tell you, but division

Matthew 10:34 “Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword.

25. DouglasTull profile image61
    DouglasTullposted 12 years ago

The beauty of this exercise is that all of the participants have shown that you can have civil intelligent conversation if you simply respect one another.  I have really enjoyed it and thank everyone for the respect they have shown to one another.  Our leaders and the rest of the world could learn a lot from this group, whether you agree with each other or not you can have intelligent conversation.  Great job to everyone!

Yer Granma wears army boots Douglas! lol

2. Eaglekiwi profile image73

Thankyou ,it was fun in a lighthearted way.I learned a couple of new things too from DS.

Jonathon deserves an accolade for sure,and I have forgiven him for not giving me a T/hirt lol

Earnest yer humor nearly put me off my game lol but the Kiwi survived the Tri Nations...

26. getitrite profile image70
    getitriteposted 12 years ago

Black

A feast is made for laughter, and wine makes life merry, but money is the answer for everything~~Eccl. 10:19

27. getitrite profile image70

Luke 14:33 (Phi) "Only the man who says goodbye to all his possessions can be my disciple."

28. getitrite profile image70

Matthew 27:3-10 (NASB)
    3 "Then when Judas, who had betrayed Him, saw that He had been condemned, he felt remorse and returned the thirty pieces of silver to the chief priests and elders,
    4 saying, "I have sinned by betraying innocent blood." But they said, "What is that to us? See to that yourself!"
    5 And he threw the pieces of silver into the temple sanctuary and departed; and he went away and hanged himself

29. getitrite profile image70

Acts 1:18 - 20 (NASB)
    18 (Now this man acquired a field with the price of his wickedness, and falling headlong, he burst open in the middle and all his intestines gushed out.

30. Eaglekiwi profile image73

White:

"My command is this: Love each other as I have loved you."
    John 15:12 (Read all of John 15)
    New International Version

31. Eaglekiwi profile image73

White:

"The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full."
    John 10:10 (Read all of John 10)

32. Eaglekiwi profile image73

White:

"Watch out for false prophets. They come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ferocious wolves."
    Matthew 7:15 (Read all of Matthew 7)

33. Eaglekiwi profile image73

White:

Keep your lives free from the love of money and be content with what you have, because God has said, "Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you." So we say with confidence, "The Lord is my helper; I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?"
    Hebrews 13:5-6 (Read all of Hebrews 13)

34. Eaglekiwi profile image73

White:

Do you not know? Have you not heard? The LORD is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He will not grow tired or weary, and his understanding no one can fathom. He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.
    Isaiah 40:28-31 (Read all of Isaiah 40)
    New International Version

35. getitrite profile image70

3. Ezekiel 23:19-20 NET

Yet she increased her prostitution, remembering the days of her youth when she engaged in prostitution in the land of Egypt. She lusted after their genitals as large as those of donkeys, and their seminal emission was as strong as that of stallions.

Foul

Foul

36. getitrite profile image70

2. Judges 3:19-25 ESV

And Ehud reached with his left hand, took the sword from his right thigh, and thrust it into his belly. And the hilt also went in after the blade, and the fat closed over the blade, for he did not pull the sword out of his belly; and the dung came out.

37. getitrite profile image70

1. Deuteronomy 25:11-12 NASB

If two men, a man and his countryman, are struggling together, and the wife of one comes near to deliver her husband from the hand of the one who is striking him, and puts out her hand and seizes his genitals, then you shall cut off her hand; you shall not show pity.

38. getitrite profile image70

Psalms 137:9 NLT

Happy is the one who takes your babies and smashes them against the rocks!

Foul

Foul

39. Eaglekiwi profile image73

getitrite is sin binned lol

40. Eaglekiwi profile image73

White:

1Cor :13

4 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5 It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7 It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

41. getitrite profile image70

Exodus 20:5(NIV)

You shall not bow down to them or worship them; for I, the LORD your God, am a jealous God, punishing the children for the sin of the fathers to the third and fourth generation of those who hate me,

42. getitrite profile image70

. Genesis 38:8-10 NASB

Then Judah said to Onan, “Go in to your brother’s wife, and perform your duty as a brother-in-law to her, and raise up offspring for your brother.” Onan knew that the offspring would not be his; so when he went in to his brother’s wife, he wasted his seed on the ground in order not to give offspring to his brother. But what he did was displeasing in the sight of the LORD; so He took his life also

43. earnestshub profile image81

Yep! Bumped him off for not knocking up his brothers wife. There are lots of morals to be learned from the bible. lol

44. getitrite profile image70

He replied, "Because you have so little faith. I tell you the truth, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there' and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you."- Matthew 17:20

And the LORD was with Judah; and he drave out the inhabitants of the mountain; but could not drive out the inhabitants of the valley, because they had chariots of iron - Judges 1:19

45. earnestshub profile image81

Religious delusion:

Now this link is almost guaranteed to be avoided! smile

http://godisimaginary.com/i7.htm

For those with a mind that can absorb reading a whole page, there is a little experiment near the bottom. smile
    Happy to discuss with detractors who read it and make a relative statement.
    Goddunnit followed by a pile of "supporting" scripture won't cut it. smile
    Oh yes,.....,,, the black list.

"Yes, I will send against you poisonous snakes, Against which no charm will work when they bite you, says the LORD."   (Jeremiah 8:17 NAB)

46. getitrite profile image70

Luke 19:27

"But these enemies of mine, who did not want me to reign over them, bring them here and slay them in my presence."

47. getitrite profile image70

1 Timothy 2,12

KJV: But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence.

1. jacharless profile image75

II Corinth 3.6b
      "...for the letter [written words, laws] kills, but the Spirit gives life..."

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)