Are you better off now? Life after Obama

Jump to Last Post 1-6 of 6 discussions (14 posts)
  1. tobey100 profile image60
    tobey100posted 12 years ago

Maybe yes, maybe no.  After reviewing the statistics released by the Census Bureau it's hard to imagine how rabid Obamites can still sing his praises. 

Based on the 2009 figures (note: this being 2011 it always amazes me the Feds can't manage to produce current stats)  the average median wealth (not income, wealth ie: assets) of a white family was roughly $113,000.  The average median wealth of a black family was roughly $5,700.  That's a 20:1 ratio.  If that sounds as bad to you as it does to me consider this.  Before Obama the ratio was 7:1.  Bad but not as bad.

True, you can make statistics say whatever you like but if nothing else, these tell us without a doubt who suffers most in the current employment crisis.  As my oldest son says, "These poor folks are losing their assets".  I do not believe in distribution of wealth.  I believe in keeping what you earn to spend, save or donate as you like.  I also believe in equal opportunity for all.

This President is destroying the very 'folks' he promised to take care of if elected.  He has done the opposite by any measuring stick you care to choose.  In the words of Paul Krugman, "What evidence do we have that Obama knows what he's doing?"  Krugman, by the way, is a staunch Obama supporter.

We don't need more speeches.  We don't need more rhetoric.  We need more opportunity for all, especially those on the verge of losing everything.  We need Washington to get out of the way and let us do what we do best.  You and I make this country what it is or what it will be.  We are the worker bees.  We built this hive.  It's ours!  It doesn't belong to Washington.  It doesn't belong to any elected official, not even the President.

2. profile image0
    PrettyPantherposted 12 years ago

Here is a link to the full report on the Pew Research Center website:  http://pewsocialtrends.org/2011/07/26/w … hispanics/

First, regarding your amazement that "feds can't produce current stats," it takes time, money, and manpower to properly collect and analyze data.  We're just past the mid-point of 2011; 2009 data is quite current.

Second, you are right that blacks have been disproportionately affected by the recession.  However, since Obama had only been in office for one year when the data was collected, your conclusion that "this President is destroying the very 'folks' he promised to take care of if elected" cannot rationally be supported or refuted by this data.  In addition, your statement implies that the 'folks' Obama promised to take care of were black folks; I don't recall Obama ever saying that and I challenge you to provide evidence that he did.

Lastly, the definition of rhetoric is "the undue use of exaggeration or display; bombast."  Your post is a great example of the very thing you say we don't need.

1. Jim Hunter profile image59
      Jim Hunterposted 12 years agoin reply to this

So in 2013 we should find out how bad he really screwed them.

Sweet.

3. Evan G Rogers profile image60
    Evan G Rogersposted 12 years ago

IT doesn't matter if you're better off, Obama had little to nothing to do with it.

Just a refresher: Obama hasn't ended a single war, he's actually started a new war or two, Gitmo is still open, and he signed the continuation of the Patriot Act.

Out with him.

1. profile image0
      PrettyPantherposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Yep, in many ways, he's just to the right of Richard Nixon.

2. BristolBoy profile image62
      BristolBoyposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Which two wars has he started?

1. BristolBoy profile image62
        BristolBoyposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I say this as a purely casual English person - I would have thought us English would have heard of these two wars he had started using the US military.  It can't be the war in Libya as that is a civil war and started before the US got involved  and in fact before the US got involved other countries did eg France and the UK (a bit like WWI and WWII in that respect!).

4. Moderndayslave profile image59
    Moderndayslaveposted 12 years ago

Things were better in the 90's, sorry but so much for progress.During the bush years everyone was cashing in on their house,I knew they were screwing themselves.Today with commodities deregulation,the traders are getting rich and screwing the rest of the world with inflated prices for no good reason except greed. All BS aside ,the only terrorist attack on American soil actually happened on Bush's watch,makes me wonder???

"the only terrorist attack on American soil actually happened on Bush's watch,makes me wonder???"

Know what makes me wonder?

How you could be so wrong but think you're so right?

I guess now should be the time to tell you that the attack on the World Trade Center ON 09/11/01 was the SECOND time it had been attacked.

History, its a wonderful thing.

1. Moderndayslave profile image59
        Moderndayslaveposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Second time but many problems with OFFICIAL story? Ok you got me they blew up the garage.

The only problems are with whack-jobs who can't think for themselves.

Can you say Alex Jones?

1. Moderndayslave profile image59
            Moderndayslaveposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Who?

5. dutchman1951 profile image60
    dutchman1951posted 12 years ago

I think we are all holding status quo. Just floating waiting for the next idiotic shoe to drop.

ex-pat is looking real right now!

6. AEvans profile image74
    AEvansposted 12 years ago

Where did they get those stats from? I believe we are all floating in this boat together waiting for the tide to come in. The balance in that ratio is off sad

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)