jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (13 posts)

Would America be better off...

1. junko profile image79
    junkoposted 7 years ago

I often wonder if America would be better or worse now,if John and Sarah won and Obama lost.

1. rachellrobinson profile image78
      rachellrobinsonposted 7 years agoin reply to this

I don't think so necessarily, in fact we might be exactly the same with one exception and that is the Majority of people would blame "President McCain" for where we are rather than "President Bush".

1. junko profile image79
        junkoposted 7 years agoin reply to this

I think things would be a lot different because Mccain admitted he wasn't able to multi-task. Alot had to be done in 2008 to stop the bleeding.

2. kmackey32 profile image60
    kmackey32posted 7 years ago

Who knows and who cares, things happen for a reason.....

1. junko profile image79

and..you're right about reasons

3. Evan G Rogers profile image75
    Evan G Rogersposted 7 years ago

i think the real question is "why do people think it matters which bozo is in the White House?"

4. Mighty Mom profile image87
    Mighty Momposted 7 years ago

I'd like to see you say that to the parents of a soldier slain or maimed in Iraq or Afghanistan. It matters.

5. junko profile image79
    junkoposted 7 years ago

I have tried to get one Obama critic to admit the best man won and in reality deep down they are glad he did. I guess that would be like saying they were wrohg headed and that's too much to ask.

6. Mighty Mom profile image87
    Mighty Momposted 7 years ago

Hi Junko. I will admit I believe the best man won.
    That is not to say I believe the best candidate for office won.
    But IMHO that candidate was a she, not a he.

Was a time I admired McCain very much.
    Not the right person to do this job at this juncture in history, however.

1. junko profile image79

I believe that was a honest reply, thank you. which of the ladies you believe was the best candidate.

1. Petra Vlah profile image59
        Petra Vlahposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Even Micky Mouse would have been better than Sara Palin

7. Jeff Berndt profile image87
    Jeff Berndtposted 7 years ago

In restrospect, I really wish McCain had won the 2000 GOP primary. He might have won against Gore, and it's possible that as a veteran of a misguided war himself, McCain might have taken a moment or two to think about the probable consequences of invading Iraq.

1. Petra Vlah profile image59
      Petra Vlahposted 7 years agoin reply to this

I totally agree with you Jeff,
      McCain would have been a great president in 2000 and he does have the needed experience and enough common sense to lead America. Bush was a total disaster and we are going to pay his mistakes - both in foreign policeies and domestic affairs - for a very long time.
      They say that "every country has the leader they deserve". I will say NO to that; the hard working, decent American people deserve a lot better

working