God

Jump to Last Post 1-11 of 11 discussions (41 posts)
  1. Gillme profile image60
    Gillmeposted 12 years ago

How was the idea " God exists" first created. Like....how did we find out?
    2nd: What was the good news Jesus wanted to spread?
    3rd: There's so much injustice going on in this world today, why doesn't God help us?
    4th: Why DID THE MAYANS SAY THAT 2012 IS THE END?

1. Cagsil profile image70
      Cagsilposted 12 years agoin reply to this

By "shock and awe" type effect based on awareness of self and of the world around oneself. It began as an idea, to explain the unexplainable.
      Spread by the gullible.
      Self authority, which is based on understanding oneself and the life one is living, which comes from awareness(consciousness).
      What god?
      Who cares? It doesn't actually matter.

Gillmeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Well....I guess u leave me with no reply!

2. profile image0
      Vigilanticsposted 12 years agoin reply to this

1. We didn't "find out", He used to reveal himself to us, but now we are too selfish to listen.

2. Love, for Him and for each other and for yourself. That is it.

3. God isn't consulted, revered, worshiped, loved or treated at all like he used to be. It's not injustice he prevents, it's hell. During this life, we just hold on to Him come what may and all will be revealed in the end. Do your best, lean on him, never lose site and enjoy the pearly gates.

4. Mayans were a smart civilization. They didn't predict that date, that's the date when they stopped predicting. That may have been the last date they were able to scribe before they were slaughtered by the Spanish or perhaps another tribe. There is no actual, physical evidence that suggests that anything else was afoot.

Maybe people should think about the logical information and possibilities about the Mayan Calander and not make up so many myths.

3. kess profile image61
      kessposted 12 years agoin reply to this

1)The knowledge of God is always present.....
      There is no beginning to Him.. so there is no origin to God
      There is no destination  to Him so there is no end...
      But it can be also said that he is both beginning and end in himself....
      Where ever there is the knowledge of "I" there is God.

2)Jesus came to spread the good news to "All", and only the "ALL" will hear Him, and that news is already with the "All".
      Whosoever have not heard do not belong to the "All" so therefore they do not have ears to hear the "good news"

For in their hearing the "good news" will not be good but bad.

3) The purpose of of God is fulfill within the injustice of this world and without this, it cannot be fulfilled...Knowing this will not cause one to fear but to rejoice.

4)Men will take knowledge given by God and create their own perception of Life, and by this perception they Live or die...
      but none of it can ever negate the purposes of god but rather fulfills it...

So if the Mayans said such things, then it so so unto their ownselves...Look around at 2012 and see.

WHAT IS THE GOOD NEWS - was my question! And u could have been a little less confusing smile

4. Freegoldman profile image41
      Freegoldmanposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Who created God? It is an age-old question that has plagued all those who like to think about the big questions. Having grown up as an agnostic non-Christian, it provided me with a potential reason why there might not be any god. Various religions tend to solve the problem in different ways. The LDS church (Mormonism) says that the God (Elohim) to whom we are accountable had a father god, then grew up on a planet as a man, and progressed to become a god himself. Many other religions have claimed that gods beget other gods. Of course the problem with this idea is how did the first god get here? This problem of infinite regression invalidates such religions. Christianity claims that God has always existed. Is this idea even possible? Does science address such issues?
      Christianity's answer

Christianity answers the question of who made God in the very first verse of the very first book, Genesis:

In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth (Genesis 1:1)

This verse tells us that God was acting before time when He created the universe. Many other verses from the New Testament tell us that God was acting before time began, and so, He created time, along with the other dimensions of our universe:

* No, we speak of God's secret wisdom, a wisdom that has been hidden and that God destined for our glory before time began. (1 Corinthians 2:7)
          * This grace was given us in Christ Jesus before the beginning of time (2 Timothy 1:9)
          * The hope of eternal life, which God... promised before the beginning of time (Titus 1:2)
          * To the only God our Savior, through Jesus Christ our Lord, be glory, majesty, dominion and authority, before all time and now and forever. Amen. (Jude 1:25)

5. profile image52
      ibneahmadposted 12 years agoin reply to this

1.It is not man who created the concept of the Creator God. It is the Creator God who Conversed with man and told man that He exists.
      2.Jesus told to worhsip ONE true God and love His Messenger who was to come.
      3.The injustice is being done by man on the fellow human beings; not by the Ceator God.
      4. What is the basis of the Mayans to say that?

2. wilderness profile image95
    wildernessposted 12 years ago

God exists because:

We don't want to die, therefore there is a supernatural entity that will prevent it.

We don't understand what we see, therefore there is a supernatural entity that makes it happen.

We want a purpose to our life, therefore there is a supernatural entity that gives it to us.

Bottom line: we want what we can't have or are not willing to work for and therefore invent God to explain everything and to ensure that what isn't there is there.  It's the easy way out.

And what about my other questions?

3. knolyourself profile image60
    knolyourselfposted 12 years ago

"4th: Why DID THE MAYANS SAY THAT 2012 IS THE END?" Official end of the Picean Age.

1. wilderness profile image95
      wildernessposted 12 years agoin reply to this

And there I assumed they either couldn't count to 2013 or ran out of paper. 

Ya learn somethin' every day!

Um...try answering my other questions. Go to where you found the title "God" , you'll also find the tilte: "What day is unlucky for Christians?" I have more questions (Not my fault im curious)

2. Gillme profile image60

Whats Picean Age?

4. knolyourself profile image60

"How was the idea " God exists" first created"
    Before God existed, gods existed and you could feel them in nature. Then they created the idea
    of one God with the advent profit. Only the profiteers had access to one God, and to steal
    the resources they needed to make profits, they
    assigned to other gods, the attribute of evil.

Uh....could u have been a little LESS confusing? How does nature exist ehwn God doesn't exisi and how do GODS exist when God doesn't?

1. wilderness profile image95
        wildernessposted 12 years agoin reply to this

God is only an imaginary creature and nature will exist with or without man's imagination.

Gods were more imaginary things assigned to be or live in trees, mountains, animals and such.  As they, too, were only imaginary they can exist without the imaginary God that Christians believe in.

That single God of Christians was created by the priests in order to fleece the believers of their money and goods.  In order to promote fear in believers and gain more money the final (current) imaginary God named Satan was created to convince people they would be punished if they didn't do as the priests told them to.

5. knolyourself profile image60
  6. knolyourself profile image60

You certainly ask great questions fundamental
    without knowing it - prob.
    "How does nature exist ehwn God doesn't exisi and how do GODS exist when God doesn't?"
    How does God exist without nature and is God one or all?

I don't know! But heres the thing....Some believe monotheism some r polotheistic. Whom should u believe? smile

7. knolyourself profile image60

Don't believe anybody. Why be here if you don't figure it out for yourself. Would you be you or somebody else?

I dont think I do believe in anything anymore! I have so many problems in my life and i've asked various Gods to help, but WHY WONT HE LISTEN? and whom should i pray to?! There r so many GODS out there! Should I start a topic on this - "How to reassure your believes in God when u don't believe in Him anymore"? Oh! And by the way, I just noticed my mistake on "How does nature exist..",blah..blah..blah! smile

8. knolyourself profile image60

"and whom should i pray to?" You are the goddess and you should pray to yourself. Most everything you want or need is there but you got to dig it out. Seems like you are on a good
    start.

Thanks knolyyourself (gets me very curious - that name)! smile

2. HattieMattieMae profile image60
      HattieMattieMaeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Always comes down to God does his part when we do our part, and man likes to blame God for all their problems, but yet we create our problems ourselves in the choices we make daily, and the missed opportunities we never tak when they arrive. We wait around for something to happen, instead of taking action to improve our lives, even the world.

Hmmm....makes me think. So if I dont fall in love its...my FAULT?! and no not always is it the same. Sometimes your parents take an action and well....u get messed up because of them! And this is when God is SUPPOSED to help!

1. HattieMattieMae profile image60
          HattieMattieMaeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Yeah been there done that Gillme, you don't play your part to help yourself emotionally and spiritually, God can't help you. He'll pave the way, but you have to do the work whether it's relationships, job, finances, etc. He can put the tools, friends, family, life coaches, teachers, etc. Yet some how you have to find the courage, strength, bravery, and stamina to fight for what you want, and get past the negativity, fears, and change your lifestyle. It takes a lot of work with God, but unless your willing to make the effort your life will never be what you want it to be. God can give you anything, but you're the one that takes what he gives and creates the masterpeice of your life. So if it's not to pretty, start over, take a new canvas out, and make it beautiful.

9. Jonathan Janco profile image58
    Jonathan Jancoposted 12 years ago

The Mayans say the date 12/21/2012 is not necessarily the end but the last point at which they can predict constellation patterns because the cycle ends and another begins.

Exact length according to ancient Maya
    Beginning date Initiation Resulting state of Consciousness End date
    13 x 20 kin =
    260 days 2/11/2011 Transformation Cosmic 10/28
    13 x 360 kin =
    4,680 days 1/5/1999 IT revolution Galactic 10/28
    13 x 7,200 kin =
    93,600 days 1755 Industrialism Planetary 10/28
    13 x 144,000 kin =
    1,872.000 days 6/16/3115
    B.C. Writing National 10/28
    13 x 2,880.000 kin =
    37,440.000 days 100,500
    B.C. Spoken Language Cultural 10/28
    13 x 57,600.000 kin =
    748,800.000 days 2,048.000
    B.C. Human Beings Tribal 10/28
    13 x 1,152.000.000 kin =
    14,976.000.000 days 40,998.000
    B.C. Monkeys Family 10/28
    13 x 23,040.000.000 kin =
    299,520.000.000 days 819,998.000
    B.C. Complex life Individual 10/28
    13 x 460,800.000.000 kin =
    5,990.400.000.000 days 16,4 Billions
    B.C. Matter Cellular 10/28
    That didn't transfer well, here's the link.

http://www.shiftoftheage.com/2010/01/08 … -and-2012/

OMG! U like posted the whole calander over here! smile smile smile

10. earnestshub profile image81
    earnestshubposted 12 years ago

All in the mind, and we now have a switch to turn it off. smile

What was that supposed to mean???

Hey Gillme,

The "switch" is choice.

You either choose to be gullible or You choose to be rational and intelligent. lol

So....If i chose to be rational and intelligent...then? What do i give up?

You give up being gullible. lol

What's....gullible smile

Easily deceived or cheated.

2. earnestshub profile image81
        earnestshubposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Many years ago now, a psychotic patient who was delusional and violent was fitted with a probe which put a small signal into the part of the brain responsible for his insanity.

The results are well documented as is the history of the patient.

He became passive and lost his illusions to live a normal life while the probe was in place.

The doctors went to the trouble of making it portable so that he could get around. When he tried to kill someone, the discovered the battery had gone flat.
        New battery, new man.

This is the same part of the brain that builds fantasies like religion to allay the inherent fear of death.

The probe not only saved lives, (his and those he may have killed) it also exposed more of how we think or don't think, and how religion is fed the fear that creates the crazy mythical belief in invisible impossible entities.

11. profile image0
    Sherlock221bposted 12 years ago

It is understandable why the belief in gods began.  The evolution of man into a thinking, questioning creature meant we found ourselves with a need to explain the world around us, and where we came from and how we got here.  Early man could not explain natural phenomena, such as thunder, earthquakes, or even why rain fell from the sky.  The only way to understand these things was to imagine an intelligence behind them.  So gods developed as a response to the need to know about these things.  Early gods therefore had to have a direct influence in man's day-to-day experience.  The thunder meant the gods were angry.  The rain was needed, so rituals developed to ensure it continued, such as the various rain dances of primitive mankind.  Other rituals were created to ensure the Sun continued to rise every day.  Over thousands of years these beliefs developed, and the gods began to take on less of a direct part in life,and the idea of a spiritual god, one which did not have a physical body evolved.  Nearly every culture began its spiritual quest by worshipping the natural environment, which is why there were so many animal gods.  The early spiritual gods still had direct contact with mankind, very often by fathering the children of human women, whose offsrping were therefore half god. This pagan idea influenced the spread of Christianity in the pagan Roman Empire, and is why the belief in Jesus as being the son of God was so widely accepted.

Since the enlightenment, and the development of science, the need to invoke gods to explain natural phenomena is no longer necessary.  Today, therefore gods are believed to be entirely spiritual.  They no longer cause the rain to fall or the earth to shake.  They are expected though to answer prayers or to punish the wicked and reward the just in some future life.  In some religions, this future life is entirely spiritual, whilst for others it is physical. 

Another reason why gods developed was in answer to the question of why we have to die, and where we go anferwards.  Why we die has of course been answered by science, but mortality is a fearful prospect, and so people still need there to be gods to provide us with somewhere to go after our physical deaths.

The reason there are so many different gods, is because there are so many different cultures, who have made their gods in their own images.  Only as a result of a global civilisation, where we are aware of other peoples and their beliefs has religious relativism developed, with bits and pieces borrowed from different beliefs systems.  Whilst science now has the answers to most of our questions, mankind is not ready to throw off its primitive beliefs,because they give comfort and hope.  I doubt though, if a cure for death were to be found, that religion would continue for too long, because their primary reason of providing the hope of a future life will no longer be needed.

1. Superstarsgirljaz profile image52
      Superstarsgirljazposted 12 years agoin reply to this

WHAT IS THE GOOD NEWS?! smile

2. profile image52
      ibneahmadposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Your source for that?

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)