Need Google+ invite?

Jump to Last Post 1-6 of 6 discussions (23 posts)
  1. martinrocks_88 profile image59
    martinrocks_88posted 12 years ago

Its almost a week since i started using Google+. Its still in Trail, and am glad that i got an invite to use google+ before it has become public. For people who are wondering what is Google+, its the new social networking site by Google.i have invited most of my friends and still have some invites left out. so anyone want to tryout google+? need an invite? drop your email id n i will send u the invites.

1. lumberjack profile image66
      lumberjackposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Google+ is definitely interesting, I'm kind of enjoying how austere it is without all of the stupid apps and things. smile

2. Ms Dee profile image84
      Ms Deeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

martinrocks, if you have any invites left, I'm interested in trying G+. A friend says it seems to combine what I like about Twitter and Facebook - you can follow others or be followed without showing them everything, and you can follow topics to read articles. Second, it allows for more privacy control rather than just sharing everything with everyone who is your "friend." FB can do this, but it's a lot more work to make it happen. G+ makes it easy. So it sounds worth trying as an alternative to Twitter.

martinrocks_88posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Google+ is really awesome MS Dee, if you don't want to post your email id here, you can send ur email id in a message to me and i will send the invite to your email id. :-)

1. Ms Dee profile image84
          Ms Deeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Thank you! Will go do that...

Hope you got the invite..sorry i was little busy for the past few days n just now got the time to check mails.

2. Aficionada profile image79
    Aficionadaposted 12 years ago

The whole Google+ and Google +1 button issue confuses me.  I think that I realize they are two totally separate things.  So why did G come out with two similar-sounding features so close to one another (in time)?

Anyway, I understand that +1 is still a little ways down the road for HubPages.  Okay.

But I have been invited to join Google + by another Hubber.  I did so, but using a different e-mail address from the one where the invitation was sent.  So now, what do I do?  I'm not sure I know how to add friends, etc., given the fact that I don't know anyone's g-mail address.  Can Yahoo! or other e-mail addresses become a part of Google+?

Hints, anyone?

PS - To the person who invited me, if you see this:  if you wish for me to act in this forum like it was someone else, I'm up for that!  LOL big_smile

1. Uninvited Writer profile image78
      Uninvited Writerposted 12 years agoin reply to this

The two do work together

1. Aficionada profile image79
        Aficionadaposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Would you explain that, please?

2. martinrocks_88 profile image59

I think people with other email adress can also join G+,but they have to fill up a form for creating a new google account,wheras if you sign up with your gmail address it uses your gmail information to signup for Google+. If you want to invite others, just click the invite button in the right hand side and type in their email address.

3. giselenmendez profile image60
      giselenmendezposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I think this post can help you importing your friends from your Facebook account: "How to transfer your Facebook friends to Google+ all at once" » http://wallblog.co.uk/2011/07/20/how-to … l-at-once/ I've done it myself and it did work smile I hope it helps!

tried it n works fine>>>tanx gis

1. giselenmendez profile image60

I'm glad it was useful smile

3. martinrocks_88 profile image59
    martinrocks_88posted 12 years ago
  4. giselenmendez profile image60
    giselenmendezposted 12 years ago

Here's an interesting guide to Google+, I thought you might like it » https://plus.google.com/photos/11483129 … 4877751186

It was nice...thanx for sharing Gis. Did u read the thread i shared above? what do you think?

Hi Martin, I tried looking for you on Google+ but I didn't find you hmm Please take a look at my profile, I've included my G+ account info there. I think creating a circle just for Hubbers is a great idea!

sorry gis, i didn't think google would disable finding a person by email id. The main reason why i didn't share my profile link was because its long and very hard for anyone to remember..even i can't remember it.lol. So i am just using a url redirecting service so that it would be easy for everyone.
          http://gplus.to/martinrocks88

A w e s o m e! Mine is http://gplus.to/GiseleNMendez but you've already added me smile

cool! even if i have added you, it would be useful for other users to find you with this profile link....and you can easily remember ur link aswell.

GUYS WHO EVER WANTS AN EASY GOOGLE+ LINK,  GO TO  http://gplus.to/

5. atulhost profile image60
    atulhostposted 12 years ago

I would like to read as many experiences as possible from people about Google+

6. Bard of Ely profile image80
    Bard of Elyposted 12 years ago

I wasn't sure who to add to Friends and who to put in Acquaintances! I am sure someone is going to moan about being in the latter category!

You can add anyone in any circle as you wish. In Google+ , your frnds can only see that they are in your circle but they cant see in which circle they are. Thats a big + in G+.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)