First Adsense click !!!

Jump to Last Post 1-20 of 20 discussions (45 posts)
  1. Hollie Thomas profile image60
    Hollie Thomasposted 12 years ago

I checked my adsense account today not expecting to see anything other than: Earnings £0.00, and low and behold there it was, my first adsense click. I now have the grand total of £0.07 pence which is roughly about 13c. Whooo!!!

1. profile image0
      Suramya.Kposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I know its exciting, but isn't this against terms and conditions of AdSense to disclose your CPC?

Hollie Thomasposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I have no idea, thanks for letting me know.

1. profile image0

You have said grand total, so I guess its fine. Good luck!

2. KevinC9998 profile image73
      KevinC9998posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Congratulations!

3. Neerizzle profile image70
      Neerizzleposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Congrats, I'm still eagerly awaiting my first but I understand how it must be, I was excited about making my first cent on HP lol.

2. kirstenblog profile image77
    kirstenblogposted 12 years ago

Congrats!
    I guess the bubbly is on you big_smile

Thank you. I think I need to exercise some caution though, I''ll delay booking that holiday to West Indies! smile

1. kirstenblog profile image77
        kirstenblogposted 12 years agoin reply to this

You might need a click or two more before you get that holiday! lol big_smile

3. IzzyM profile image87
    IzzyMposted 12 years ago

Congratulations! That first click is always special smile

Thanks, yes it is, I can't believe that 7 pence has made me smile so much.

1. IzzyM profile image87
        IzzyMposted 12 years agoin reply to this

You'd hardly bother to bend down and pick that much off the street if you found it, but when you earn it through adsense it is very special smile

1. Gordon Hamilton profile image92
          Gordon Hamiltonposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Congratulaitons, Hollie - I hope you get that holiday soon! (PS - I would bend down and pick it off the street...! wink )

1. IzzyM profile image87
            IzzyMposted 12 years agoin reply to this

PPS So would I, but don't tell anyone! (It's the Scottish blood in us)..

2. KevinC9998 profile image73
        KevinC9998posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Deleted

1. wilderness profile image95
          wildernessposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Kevin, you are not allowed to post links to your hubs in this forum.  In addition self promotion is considered to be in very poor taste.

4. leahlefler profile image95
    leahleflerposted 12 years ago

That first click is so wonderful! Those clicks do start to add up - once you get one, the rest start following faster!

5. Hollie Thomas profile image60
    Hollie Thomasposted 12 years ago

Thank-you all. I'm still smiling! Here's to many more adsense clicks to us all! smile

6. MimiKat33 profile image60
    MimiKat33posted 12 years ago

I remember that day when I got my first click, very exciting.   Keep going and have fun!

Thank you MimiKat.

7. profile image0
    TopUniverseposted 12 years ago

Thomas, Congrats for getting the first click. All the best to the next achievement.

Thank you TopUniverse, as it happens I've checked into my account this morning and there's been another click. That's a grand total of 14 pence I have in the "Adsense bank"

1. kirstenblog profile image77
        kirstenblogposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Wooo! One click closer to that holiday lol

(Just wait till you get one of them random $ or £ clicks, not just cents but almost enough for a cup of coffee)

Several hundred more clicks should pay for the taxi to the airport. Several thousand $ clicks should get me on a plane. lol

8. Happy Human profile image58
    Happy Humanposted 12 years ago

Congratulations! It IS a great feeling! Now watch it start to pick up speed!

Thank you happy human. Who knows this may be the start of earning my cool first million smile

9. Happy Human profile image58
    Happy Humanposted 12 years ago

Absolutely!

10. CyclingFitness profile image90
    CyclingFitnessposted 12 years ago

Suramya -I dont think Hollie advised exactly how many clicks she has received to get the 7p (Woohoo Hollie!! btw) and therefore I don't think that'll count as showing CPC

As having been on hubpages just slightly longer I've found that those clicks are rather sporadic however you're well on the way now.

Soon be the million mark!

1. profile image0

Yes, I see that she has written "grand total". Thanks!

11. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image82
    Wesman Todd Shawposted 12 years ago

Glad to hear it.  I don't think I even knew how to check earnings till I'd hung out here some for six months or so.

When I found out that there were folks making between fifty to a hundred bucks a day on adsense. . .I almost jumped through the roof.  I guess those days are gone - but I'm still trying to get there. . .despite the noticeable fact that it doesn't seem to be happening. . .

12. ubanichijioke profile image75
    ubanichijiokeposted 12 years ago

I hope more clicks come your way. Goodluck

CyclingFitness, Wesman Todd Shaw and Ubanichijioke, thanks for your good wishes. If I ever do make it to the big time, I'll throw a virtual celebration party and the virtual champagne will be on me. D:  lol

13. profile image0
    adeaugustusposted 12 years ago

I am luck too, my first earning is 0.40 Euro, i dont know how much that is in dollars, but i am so much excited.

Well done, dual celebration!!

14. FloraBreenRobison profile image60
    FloraBreenRobisonposted 12 years ago

Congratulations. I had all of mine within the first 10 days of my first hub being published. Nothing since. sigh. That's why I turned on hubpage ads. I've made $1.36 with adsense. I made $1.99 in just over a month  with hubpage ads since turning them on.

I was beginning to worry as I published my first hub about 8 weeks ago and nothing, until now, from Adsense. I've had hubpage ads all the way through and made about $1.40.

15. profile image0

It's a gradual process mate. i wish i could applying for the hubpages ads too, but i dont have a paypal account! maybe i would have earn more with hubpages

Is there no way you can open a paypal account?

16. kmackey32 profile image63
    kmackey32posted 12 years ago

Good Job....

Thank you smile

17. profile image0

i wish, but i live in Nigeria and we have been banned from paypal, i hope things will change very soon, thanks for your concern.

18. profile image0

i wish, but i live in Nigeria and we have been banned from paypal, i hope things will change very soon, thanks for your concern.

19. profile image0

I hope things change for you soon too. smile

20. Nelma profile image61
    Nelmaposted 12 years ago

Congratulations Hollie!
    I wish that this amount get bigger and bigger.
    Cheers!

Thanks Nelma, here's to us all!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)