The Truth About the GOP From a 28 Year GOP Veteran

Jump to Last Post 1-10 of 10 discussions (18 posts)
  1. Stump Parrish profile image59
    Stump Parrishposted 12 years ago

I have to wonder how the GOP faithful will handle the truth about their party from one of the own. Very little of this comes as any suprise to me as I have long suspected much of this was going on. I have been stating for awhile now that this type of nationally destructive policy was at the core of the GOP's actions.

It is always a pleasant turn of events to have your suspisions confirmed. For this confirmatiom to come from a GOP insider makes it that much more realistic and undeniable. I am sure that this report will be dismissed by the GOP cult members as every bit of truth about their kool aid serving criminal leaders is ignored. The fact that the truth they so feverantly deny comes from a 28 year veteran of their party will be seen as irrelevant by the brainwashed majority.

I do hope that this report is enough to wake the Democratic party from the stupor it has spent the last two years languishing in. The GOP's efforts to keep the Democratic voters away from the booth can not be allowed to succeed. The GOP has proven it's willingness to destroy this country if it doesn't get it's way. The important question that needs answering is whether or not the left is willing to allow this to happen. I do hold on to some hope that this report on the actions and plans of the party will at last wake a few Republican voters up to what their beloved cult leaders are doing. Perhaps a few of them might actually put this country's future ahead of blind loyalty to the GOP for once.

I look forward to hearing from a few of the Republican voters who read this article. I understand how you could dismiss these charges when they come from those in the Democratic Party. How they are going to do this when the charges come from the center of their own party, should be entertaining to watch.

http://www.truth-out.org/goodbye-all-re … 1314907779

1. lady_love158 profile image60
      lady_love158posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Nothing factual in that piece, just the ranting of a frustrated staffer that now wants to make a killing writing a book. Of course he's entitled to his opinions but thats all they are and they come from a far left point of view.

1. Stump Parrish profile image59
        Stump Parrishposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I( knewq I could count on you to ignore reality when it stares you in the face. The only thing you see as being truthful is thet which agrees with you warped sense of truth. It makes sense that you would assume that you know more about the inner workings of the GOP than a GOP insider does. Any one who doesn't cringe at the mention of the word liberal must be one, right? You know, those useful idiots you blame all your troubles on.I see you still dont have the balls to post your opinions on your page. I dont blame you, if I thought like you do, i wouldn't own up to it in public either. Must really suck to be so ashamed of yourself that you can't admit to being you.
        I suppose you already have a copy of dickhead cheney's bullshit book of lies.

Think about it. The author obviously has a liberal ideology. Why would someone with a philosophy work for years as a staffer for a group whose beliefs he doesn't share? What kind of person would do that? No, this is a disgruntled employee someone who for whatever reason feels he was wronged and is lashing out, attempting to get even or punish those that for so many years gave him the ability to make a good living.

Your problem is you can't see that because what he wrote supports your belief system. How sad.

1. John Holden profile image60
            John Holdenposted 12 years agoin reply to this

So nobody is allowed a change of heart or to see the error of their ways!

Sure one can have a change of heart, but you would think one would be more humble in his opinions of a group he worked for for 30 years than this:

"To those millions of Americans who have finally begun paying attention to politics and watched with exasperation the tragicomedy of the debt ceiling extension, it may have come as a shock that the Republican Party is so full of lunatics."

At a minimum you'd expect him to be more professional in his characterizations, perhaps even supply an example to support such a claim. No, this is an opinion piece driven by rage not by a person whose had a "change of heart".

2. lady_love158 profile image60

It took some searching but I finally found a response to Mr. Lofgren's piece... you can read it here ( but I know you probably won't )

http://www.quora.com/What-is-the-GOPs-r … -Truth-Out

I think you'll find I was right on in my assesment of Mr. Lofgren.

2. bgamall profile image68
        bgamallposted 12 years agoin reply to this

That piece is all true, Lady. And you are part of the financial rip off with your constant defense of the indefensible. The hedge funds are funding the Republicans massively now, because they want to be left off the Dodd Frank too big to fail list so they can blow more housing bubbles. That is the goal of Republicans, to steal as much as they can from the rest of us.

Obama's one of the biggest recipients of money from hedge funds. I have a friend that's a screaming liberal that has his own fund he manages. Liberals are rich too.

2. lovemychris profile image76
    lovemychrisposted 12 years ago

Can't wait to read this when I get home. Thank you so much SP. Chuck Hagel is another one who said the truth...way back in 2000 something. The truth about Iraq.

Democrats need to stand up and stop letting the Bullies have the floor.

3. kirstenblog profile image78
    kirstenblogposted 12 years ago

Politics seems so like religion, with blind followers being lead to the slaughter hmm

Politicians are politicians, in some varying degree of being totally corrupted.

4. Stump Parrish profile image59

This goes beyond corruption, this is an attack on the American people from with in. If another coutry was doing what the GOP is doing to destroy this country it would areason to go to war. More harm has been done to America by the GOP than all attacks by other countries combined.

5. Stump Parrish profile image59

The GOP voters are aiding and abetting the enemies of American democracy.

"Aiding and abetting is an additional provision in United States criminal law, for situations where it cannot be shown the party personally carried out the criminal offense, but where another person may have carried out the illegal act(s) as an agent of the charged, working together with or under the direction of the charged party, who is an accessory to the crime."

This is a perfect description of what those voting for GOP and Tea Baggers are guilty of.

6. TMMason profile image60
    TMMasonposted 12 years ago

Author Richard Bernstein, a former lifelong Democrat, has organized this masterpiece into 31 short easy-to-read chapters. In each and every chapter Bernstein explains how the Democrat Party and their allies in the Mainstream Media have repeatedly attempted to dupe Americans. Each chapter is filled with enough facts to allow you to become more than just knowledgeable about each subject. Duped America is so thoroughly researched it has almost 1,000 footnotes.

http://www.dupedamerica.com/

7. lovemychris profile image76
    lovemychrisposted 12 years ago

Beg to differ! This is quite true:

"most Republican officeholders seem strangely uninterested in the effective repeal of Fourth Amendment protections by the Patriot Act, the weakening of habeas corpus and self-incrimination protections in the public hysteria following 9/11 or the unpalatable fact that the United States has the largest incarcerated population of any country on earth. If anything, they would probably opt for more incarcerated persons, as imprisonment is a profit center for the prison privatization industry, which is itself a growth center for political contributions to these same politicians. Instead, they prefer to rail against those government programs that actually help people. And when a program is too popular to attack directly, like Medicare or Social Security, they prefer to undermine it by feigning an agonized concern about the deficit. That concern, as we shall see, is largely fictitious."

Jan Brewer and her fake immigration law was nothing more than to help her prison-for-profit buds...google it. And it's the same with the officers of the law here where I live.

Concern for the deficit?? The Bush tax cuts BALLOON the deficit...every time!
    Yet, that's all that ever concerns them.

Rebuttt? I'll find more.

8. rebekahELLE profile image85
    rebekahELLEposted 12 years ago

That's a great link with a lot of truth. Too bad people will read it and roll their eyes. I also saw that link from a Matt Taibbi article in Rolling Stone, http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/bl … stpopular1
    Apocalyptic GOP Is Dragging Us Into a Civil War

I absolutely agree with Lofgren's statements regarding their insurrectionary, revolutionary behavior in regards to the crisis they made about raising the debt ceiling.

"I could see as early as last November that the Republican Party would use the debt limit vote, an otherwise routine legislative procedure that has been used 87 times since the end of World War II, in order to concoct an entirely artificial fiscal crisis. Then, they would use that fiscal crisis to get what they wanted, by literally holding the US and global economies as hostages."

"This tactic of inducing public distrust of government is not only cynical, it is schizophrenic. For people who profess to revere the Constitution, it is strange that they so caustically denigrate the very federal government that is the material expression of the principles embodied in that document."

for whose purpose? why not call it like you see it.

9. Evan G Rogers profile image61
    Evan G Rogersposted 12 years ago

I didn't bother reading the article - I probably agree with everything.

There's one man, however, that stands for what the GOP promises. You already know the name I'm about to type.

Ron Paul

10. rebekahELLE profile image85
    rebekahELLEposted 12 years ago

it's worth a read.
    another excerpt-

To be sure, the business wing of the Republican Party consists of the most energetic outsourcers, wage cutters and hirers of sub-minimum wage immigrant labor to be found anywhere on the globe. But the faux-populist wing of the party, knowing the mental compartmentalization that occurs in most low-information voters, played on the fears of that same white working class to focus their anger on scapegoats that do no damage to corporations' bottom lines: instead of raising the minimum wage, let's build a wall on the Southern border (then hire a defense contractor to incompetently manage it). Instead of predatory bankers, it's evil Muslims. Or evil gays. Or evil abortionists.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)