Chuck Norris is set to star in the "Expendables 2"

Jump to Last Post 1-7 of 7 discussions (17 posts)
  1. profile image0
    Stevennix2001posted 12 years ago

Okay, now this is getting very interesting.  It looks like in addition to the cast that starred in the last "Expendables" movie, Stallone has managed to not only convince Arnold Schwarzenegger and Bruce Willis to reprise their roles into playing much larger parts in the sequel as villains, but he's also managed to convince Jean Claude Van Damme to sign on as one of the villains.  However, it looks like Stallone isn't stopping there, as it seems Chuck Norris has just signed on to join in on this action, and rumor has it that Stallone is looking to convince both Nicolas Cage and John Travolta to join them on this adventure too.  What are your thoughts on this?  You excited about..Chuck...Norris..joining the cast?  Or do you think Stallone is going overboard?  Personally, I can't wait to see how this turns out.  All I can say is, I hope there's a fight scene between Jet Li and Chuck Norris, as that would kick-ass to see the pupil of Bruce Lee take on Jet Li.  big_smile

1. Shinkicker profile image54
      Shinkickerposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Arnold Schwarzenegger? Steven Seagal? Chuck Norris? Jean Claude Van Damme? Hulk Hogan? Would they not be better giving the roles to actors? :-)

1. profile image0
        Stevennix2001posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Actually, Hulk Hogan isn't listed to be in this movie, as i merely brought him up in jest, but everyone else you mentioned is going to be in the movie.  To be honest, i don't know what Stallone is going for here, but the all star cast of action heroes gimmick made the last Expendables film a hit in theaters; thus one can only assume that an even bigger ensemble in Stallone's mind will generate more.  Whether or not that happens will be interesting to see.  Personally, I have a feeling that Travolta and Cage will more than likely sign if the money is right, as they seem to not really care about what parts they take these days.

1. Shinkicker profile image54
          Shinkickerposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I rest my case LOL, if I genuinely believed they would consider Hulk Hogan then that tells you about my view of Hollywood these days :-)

2. Cagsil profile image69
    Cagsilposted 12 years ago

With that cast of stars, the movie will be lucky if it get to a profit side. However, I like Chuck Norris and have ever since he came onto the scene, so with that said, it should be interesting. wink

1. profile image0

Yep, it should be interesting.  Although I'm even more curious to see how much screen time each actor gets, as they barely got by the last time.

3. earnestshub profile image81
    earnestshubposted 12 years ago

I reckon they should stop pretending they can hold a full grown bull out to piss once they get past 45 myself! lol

Chuck has gotta be near twice that age hasn't he?

Still, they are big starts of the past, and I would like to see what gets done with the movie. smile

1. Cagsil profile image69
      Cagsilposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Chuck Norris was born in 1940, so he is 71 years old. lol

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001569/bio

1. Haunty profile image72
        Hauntyposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Chuck Norris remains young forever because time is afraid to age him.

2. profile image0

lol. I believe your right Earnest.  At this point, I'm surprised we haven't heard that Steven Seagal, Hulk Hogan, or Clint Eastwood joining the cast yet, as it seems Stallone is going out of his way to assemble an even bigger all star cast than before.  Then again, I doubt Eastwood will join them, as I think he has way too much dignity for that...or I hope he does at least...lol  Oh well, I guess we'll have to wait and see.

1. earnestshub profile image81
        earnestshubposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Funny! lol Segal was lookin way past it last photo I saw. smile

Eastwood has come a long way as a person since Dirty Harry days, and I reckon he may be a bit too dignified as you said.

As Cags pointed out, it would need to do very well to pay for these stars, but the grey haired brigade that have been around since their old movies started are large in number now.
        I wonder what the average age of the audience would be? smile

4. optimus grimlock profile image59
    optimus grimlockposted 12 years ago

after chuck no more he'll kill the movie

1. profile image0

Well don't tell Stallone that, as he's pretty determined to cast John Travolta and Nicholas Cage according various articles, so stay tuned. wink  lol

5. Nickalooch profile image59
    Nickaloochposted 12 years ago

all nick cage does is scream

6. jivis profile image41
    jivisposted 12 years ago

funny rumors,, chuck noris will be battle with Arnold and Stallone? its crazy. LOL

1. profile image0

actually, the only rumors that were mentioned is that John Travolta and Nicolas Cage might be joining the cast too, but the rest is true though.

7. Captain Redbeard profile image60
    Captain Redbeardposted 12 years ago

Travolta is legand.....come on guys didn't you see boy in the plastic bubble? xD lol

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)