Messengers from God

Jump to Last Post 1-15 of 15 discussions (177 posts)
  1. Cagsil profile image69
    Cagsilposted 12 years ago

Boy another. roll

1. Hollie Thomas profile image60
      Hollie Thomasposted 12 years agoin reply to this

.left me with a question that unlocked answers to a plethora of questions and a minefield of thoughts.

I believe this is how some feel after ingesting a class A.

Cagsilposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Sounds more like mind poisoning to me. lol lol

1. earnestshub profile image81
          earnestshubposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I feel confident she will have positive proof for her assumptions along the line of this persuasive argument that I see here often.

Goddunnit!

Hello, ecstasy is the percuasive argument. You can't argue with it lol

True dat! Took some once and can confirm that. smile

But, thank the big G, his words are not ricocheting throughout your existence, because to me that sounds painful lol

smile I believe an open mind does not mean a rubbish suppository. If we believe an invisible friend is running the show, there is usually all show and no go.
                  I have had a very exciting and interesting life right up to this minute, and in the next minute I will be different.
                  I'm listening to an ABC Radio National interview at the moment that has given me a new opinion, just to make the point.

That's life without religion, changing and keeping up with the times.
                  The world may be going to hell in a basket, but it always has, and the difference is that we now have many good things making a difference in the world.

2. profile image0
                DiamondGirl27posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Earnestshub, drugs is a clear sign that you are driven by evil! I only have one word for you:  REHAB!!

lol lol lol
                  Go take some more diazepam and rest up will you?

You are in no position to judge anyone.

Just another megalomaniac religionist with no knowledge and an agenda passing judgements.

A dime a dozen. lol
                  MMDA is not a drug one takes daily Einstein and I have never heard of any of these drugs being addictive have you?

If you haven't tried it you know nothing but the beliefs of the screaming prohibitionists who bought 13 years of mob rule to America over alcohol.

I bet I don't take as many drugs as you do. I drink very little and I don't even take Aspirin. lol

Goddunnit is not an argument, it is a condition. smile)

2. Hollie Thomas profile image60

It's interesting, and indeed telling, that you feel anyone who disagrees with you views is a drug user. Go on, do your worst, if you cannot come up with logical argument, scrutinize their hubs. Perhaps in your Chrisitian way you can find an argument, that may even prove logical (although I doubt that)

1. profile image0

You and your pals here, were bragging about all the drugs you've tried.  Seriously, who does that?  You and your buddies here were laughing it up as if it's a good thing.  Why are you so sensitive now?  Are you a drug user?  If you are I pray that you kick that habit.  Prayer changes things!

3. nightwork4 profile image60
                  nightwork4posted 12 years agoin reply to this

what's wrong with talking about drugs that a person took? seriously. it's about life experiences and things that we have done. i bet it's ok if someone talks about a religious experience though? rediculous.

2. profile image0

Hollie, your drug habit is your business!  I'm sure ecstasy was just a start of your long laundry list of ways to get "to feel totally far out"  Perhaps that's why you think you're a bird!

Diamondgirl27, I love your post, and though I would not want to make you feel that I was being condescending in any way, the bird is my avatar, it represents my love for nature and wildlife. At no point have a ever felt the need to think that I'm a bird.(but, if it makes you feel better then you go on believing it) However, I'm not surprised that you might think a picture represents the individual. Sorry to disappoint you, but neither am I a drug user, never have been, however, I have worked with many drug users (in a professional capacity) and just like you, they like to push their beliefs onto others. You believe, you have faith, that's good. Why do you feel that you have to instill into others what you (say) you have experienced. Another thing, I'm an atheist, you may have noticed. But I once worked with a born again christian, for two years to be exact, before he told me, and not once did he have to ram it down my throat. Why? because he was sure of his relationship with  his god. It wasn't a sales pitch. Perhaps you could practice the same? Or do you need to" feel totally far out" ?

1. profile image0

"Ram it down your throat?"  I don't remember inviting you to this post.  I simply posted it in the Christianity section.  You responded to the post and I responded to you. Your BIRD was created by GOD!  So your love for nature and wildlife is a direct link to God.  You have the right to believe in whatever you want!  I was actually surprised at the responses.  I was hoping that those who had the expriences that I've had would respond but instead a bunch of nonbelievers responded.  Well, a hit dog will holla every time I guess.

Invitation is automatic as a part of membership. Anyone and everyone is allowed to post in any forum thread on any topic. You opened the thread, therefore you invited every member of Hubpages. wink

So your love for nature and wildlife is a direct link to God.

There you go, not ramming it down my throat again.  You didn't have to invite me to this post, it's a free for all, not yours to invite. I'll speak as I please. By the way, I'm not a hit dog. Hit dogs always sing from the same prayer sheet.

2. profile image0

Cagil, you have a post that talks about Life's Purpose:  Good and Evil.  Make up your mind!  You can't have it both ways.  You're either a believer or you aren't.

Yes, I have a post about Life's Purpose. And, yes Good and Evil are only descriptions for what purposes can be. Too bad you cannot tell the difference, if you're telling me to choose one or the other.

I cannot help your lack of knowledge or what you don't know about me. Speak about yourself and don't worry about me. I realize you can be dangerous, but the question is have you realized it?

I know my character, who helped shape it, why it is the way it is, how I got to where I am presently and even know when I began learning it. But, I'm sure of one thing....you're in no position of any specific understanding about me. And, you should stick to learning more about yourself. lol

1. AEvans profile image72
              AEvansposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Not very nice. sad

Well, that's what someone gets for making a false judgment. hmm

1. profile image0

@Cagsil.  You'll be fine.  Just keep praying.  There's only one judge and it isn't me!

Then if you actually believed that, then stop making judgmental statements. Duh!

I agree with you on this point.

Maybe not, but true.

3. profile image0

@AEvans, it's cool.  We consider people like Cagsil haters of God.  He responded to my post and now he's the angry one.  He's probably angry with God.  Something isn't going right in his life.  Sometimes Christians become angry with God also.

This statement goes to show you don't walk the walk of your religious belief. And, even shows that you know very little about me.

I hate nothing and no one. So, with that said...what god would you happen to be talking about? There are millions of them in mythology, but NONE in reality.
                  Angry? If you see anger in my statement, then you're seeing in your own reflection.
                  What god?
                  How would you know? Your perception is skewed to begin with.

1. profile image0

Did you say what God?  There's only one!  Anger is an emotion.  It's OK to feel it.  Now how you manage it is an entirely different story.  And yes, you you do seem angry.  Prayer works!

Cagsil is actually not an atheist. Do your homework.

1. Eaglekiwi profile image74
                    Eaglekiwiposted 12 years agoin reply to this

..Um its not like anyone can tell lol

2. Cagsil profile image69

Hey Hollie, learning is against religion's basic premise. You know, it stems back to the time when early times of the bible make the claim that a god banished Adam and Eve from the Garden of Eden because they ate from the tree of knowledge.....apparently the god of the bible wants to keep people stupid. lol

3. profile image0

Hollie, how do you know what Cagsil is?   Don't cosign!  ...not a good look!

3. Hollie Thomas profile image60

Who's we?

'We' seems to be common round these parts hmm

2. profile image0

Hollie, ..could also be those dried peppers you wrote about making you feel that way.   LOL!!

Cheap shot! No believable comeback. Now I will laugh lol

3. Eaglekiwi profile image74

Or 10 mins on this thread roll listening to armchair atheists and agnostics in a Religious thread...

Oops but thats right ,they are not religious hmm..

2. profile image0
    DiamondGirl27posted 12 years ago

Good is Good!  The Devil is Evil.  It's very simple.

You know you would have had more credibility if you simply said "Good is good and Evil is evil". However, the way you did say it, goes to show that you're just another believer who doesn't even understand their own beliefs. lol

3. profile image0

Correction:  God is good.    You also seem a little angry.  Are you OK?  Whatever it is, it will be alright in God's time.

4. profile image0

You're confused!  Life here in earth will only prepare you for the eternal life.  This is only a test.  You're not a believer.  I gurantee if you were to become stricken with illness, God would be the very first word you utter.  You can call it whatever you like.  God is real!  I don't need to see him when I can feel him.  I can't wait for the day when he shows you just how real he is!

It's a test you don't pass. Like most tests that are projections of self, they don't fit.

You know nothing of the lives of those you try to sell your dogma to.

You simply project your own fears on to others in the vain hope that it will convince you that the insanity you believe in is real.

No sale. smile

lol lol lol

Thanks Cags, it's early here in Melbourne to be stirring the grey matter. No fear of that happening in this thread though. smile

Stirring the grey matter? Okay, that's a new on me. lol And, you're welcome. smile

Australian for using one's brain.... sorry you usually know most of my sayings. smile

I sometimes forget we have a pretty different version of English. smile

5. profile image0

It's a good thing he sent me as your messenger.  When you wake up tomorrow morning, you'll feel completely different about him.

6. profile image0

No.  It goes to show that I made a mistake with the keys.  Are you a teenager?

A Teenager? Oh WOW! roll

7. Randy Godwin profile image60
    Randy Godwinposted 12 years ago

Not another messenger from god!  I'd hoped he would've learned something from the last few hubbers he sent to these forums.  But it appears not!  lol

Perhaps they believe this is the new way to backlink? Who knows?? lol

2. profile image0

This means I'm in the right place.  Stay tuned for more of my posts!  smile

1. Randy Godwin profile image60
        Randy Godwinposted 12 years agoin reply to this

No thanks, I read the novel. smile

lol lol lol

You're just one of many, don't flatter yourself. There are actually a number of Christians, Jews etc, that have quite an intelligent argument to put forward, they're worth listening to- thought provoking, able to show evidence to substantiate their beliefs. They don't present themselves as the big G, and they would also laugh when someone does. Sadly, you're not one of them.

How snooty ,this forum is for everyone ,new ,old and in between.
          If you dont respect or care for someones post ,I dont think thats any reason to be hostile.

Geeze we are adults-right?

How was that post snooty? Bad perception on your part. WOW! Again, jumping before looking. What else is new. lol

Its my opinion..

As yours is your own. Opinion based. wink

1. profile image0

I'm trying to figure out how I got the "Big G" title.  God works through people.  And well so does the Devil.  I'd rather be the Big G than the Big D!

You didn't, that is wishful thinking on your behalf.

1. profile image0

Hollie, you're beginning to scare me.  You stated it in a previous post!  You get the Big C!

2. profile image0
                  RookerySpoonerposted 12 years agoin reply to this

So, DiamondGirl, you are the true God.  I have been seeking you all my life.  Why have you not been answering my prayers?

1. profile image0

So you do pray!  That's wonderful.

Aww be yourself ,glorify God and you'll be fine.

Some people don't always play nice in the sandpit ,even when you share the toys..

But hey getting back to  your fine thread ,which was somewhat derailed,reminds me of this cool book I read called "When God winks At you" wink

Those moments when a strangers says something, and later you get home and think...wow...what was that!

Love it !

1. profile image0

Eaglekiwi, if you look at the first postings, they were all over it!  It's a positive post.  The nonbelievers turned it into what it is.  Hollie and Colig-whatever his name is said people who believe in God are stupid.  What exactly do you call that?

Yes we are, but I have to say that I have met many a religious person in the forums, not all I agree with nor they with me. But they do not expect me, not do I expect them, to completely accept anothers view. I can think of many hubbers that are religious, actually Eaglekiwi you included, that does not profess to be the almighty. Snooty is probably the correct word, when someone says these are my beliefs and they should be yours, that is snooty. Only five months here, but not once have I ever posted and said" These are my beliefs and they should be yours, I know, I have experienced this"

I understand what you have expressed Hollie and I have been here over 2yrs, and never told anyone what they should believe or that they are unintelligent or delusional if they dont follow my God.

Thats just plain immature and rude to me anyway.

No I came here intially to talk about Spiritual topics. I sure never relised that it would be so contraversial or that Id meet so many anti-christians here either.

I guess they are just as serious about stopping me as I am about being heard smile

Room for us all I reckon, and I guess its my pet peeve when I see a newbie (Christian or not) being jumped all over. Not nice.

1. profile image0
                Emile Rposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Hey EK. I've read through the thread. I wouldn't worry about DG. She seems to be holding her own..Egging it on a little from the looks of it.

1. profile image0

@Emile R  LOL!!

2. profile image0

That's what Christians do!  Go to the Atheist forum and make your point there!

You wish!  lol

2. profile image0

What would Jesus do? I'm curious.

But there wouldnt be any Christians there to annoy? lol

Beside isnt Atheism a religion? (ok forget that,probably another thread)

1. MelissaBarrett profile image57
                  MelissaBarrettposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Must be the same reason so many religious people show up in the gay forum...

1. profile image0

Nah! I would never go to a gay forum and bash anyone.  I respect everyone until they show me that they don't deserve my respect.  Although we have opposing views, we still have to respect each other.  I've been called a lot of names on this post simply because of my beliefs.  I didn't lower myself.  That's how we co-exist.  We respect each other as human beings.

2. profile image0

In fact, I have a sister who is openly gay.  When she told me, I told her that God loves us all no matter what and so do I!

8. profile image0
    RookerySpoonerposted 12 years ago

I met God once and he told me how disillusioned He was.  He had been experimenting with Hinduism at the time, but was seriously considering atheism as the only thing that made any sense.

Clearly, he had not thought about drying chillies when ripe.

9. profile image0

Thanks for the discussion.  We'll have to do this again sometime.  There is so much work to be done!  God Bless you all!!

And may Moe watch over you too.  smile

10. earnestshub profile image81
    earnestshubposted 12 years ago

This thread is in need of attention.

Medical attention. lol

11. Cagsil profile image69
    Cagsilposted 12 years ago

Go figure. The person deleted the OP? roll

Maybe goddunnit? smile

Perhaps he took her back?  He'll send another messenger though, just watch. smile

Bit like chess init..lol

1. profile image0

More along the lines of tic tac toe.

2. Randy Godwin profile image60

Hmmm....more like Trivial Pursuit I think!  lol

12. Eaglekiwi profile image74
    Eaglekiwiposted 12 years ago

It worked lol

Thank you thankyou thankyou Cags!!

Hey EK,

Write your post and then insert your smiley. This way it is at the bottom. smile Again, You're welcome. smile

13. Eaglekiwi profile image74
    Eaglekiwiposted 12 years ago

Hey y'all prepare yourself for the rubberband man
    Youve never heard a sound
    Like the rubberband man
    Youre bound to lose control
    When the rubberband starts to jam

Oh it should have something to do with the thread to right lol

14. A Troubled Man profile image59
    A Troubled Manposted 12 years ago

What happened to the OP, was it deleted by the mods or the author?

Not sure.

1. profile image0

It was deleted by God.

It's a miracle lol

It was deleted by the author.

1. profile image0

Apparently, in this instance, the author and God are one in the same.

And I am a bird (or at least I think I am, supposedly)

15. profile image51
    paarsurreyposted 12 years ago

Messengers from God

They could be judged truthful from one set of criteria; one such messenger prophet is Mirza Ghulam Ahmad- the promised messiah.

No matter how many times you say it, it's not going to change the fact it's BS. lol

Why would Diamondgirl delete?

She was upset by the reception she was given? I don't know. But, I do know that there was no rhyme or reason for staff to delete it. Aside from that, staff doesn't delete OPs, but they do close threads to reply when there's too much anger displayed in the thread or too many people are filing complaints. smile

Ok, was curious as to why both this thread and the other posted by Diamondgirl had been deleted. smile

2. profile image51
        paarsurreyposted 12 years agoin reply to this

You have a right to deny; there is no compulsion.

Wasn't suggesting she had no right to delete (Where did you read that) Was just curious as to why. I have the right to be curious don't I?

1. profile image51
            paarsurreyposted 12 years agoin reply to this

My post was for cagsil; not addresesed to you, please.

Ok, apologies.

It has nothing to do with denying anything. lol

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)