Better Amazon Earnings as Part of the HP Earnings Program

Jump to Last Post 51-72 of 72 discussions (235 posts)
  1. paradigmsearch profile image61
    paradigmsearchposted 12 years ago

I just thought I would drop by and restate my fondness of HP. On a scale of 1 to 10, ten being the best, you guys are a true 10.  smile smile smile

1. brakel2 profile image74
      brakel2posted 12 years agoin reply to this

I know that people are upset due to the Amazon Christmas sales. I don't understand the entire concept yet, but I believe that HubPage staff is trying to help both the writers and themselves. At least, they allow full input from writers, and I appreciate the effort. I have empathy for any writers who will lose any great income amount from the changes. It is still a great site, anyway you look at it. smile

1. IzzyM profile image87
        IzzyMposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I think it all depends on expectations.
        Most of the people who are the most vocal in this thread are the ones with the most to lose, which is natural.
        Actually, what surprises me is that I thought most of these hubbers had left.

After Panda, and yes I know you were here then, but you maybe didn't notice, HP handled things badly. Emergency changes had to be made, and made quickly, and some of the more successful hubbers here (with 100s if not 1000s of hubs) struggled to make the changes within the deadline given and ended up having high trafficked hubs unpublished.
        Not only that, but all the people who had supported Hubpages from its infancy were treated like dirt, with all their suggestions for site improvements swept aside.

In this thread, we have also heard from some people who previously never spoke out against HP before.

It is time for HP to listen to the users.

Great site, but its writers put it there, so yeah they should be listened to.

1. Will Apse profile image89
          Will Apseposted 12 years agoin reply to this

'Not only that, but all the people who had supported Hubpages from its infancy were treated like dirt, with all their suggestions for site improvements swept aside.'

This is simply untrue.

There were some serious egoists who got bruised because their ideas to 'save' Hubpages were ignored. It is very unlikely those ideas would have worked. The switch in site architecture has at least worked out for some of us and it has kept the site alive.

There were some marketers who produced truly depressing pages that could destroy your will to live who quit rather than make the effort to improve.

There are others who simply react to any bad situation by lashing out like infants. They will not be missed.

1. IzzyM profile image87

In hindsight, many of the suggestions made would not have made a blind bit of difference.
            With hindsight, many of the change HP forced through, haven't either.
            The switch to subdomains seems like a genius act, but is it?
            I am not going to go down the road of criticising anyone's work, and you shouldn't either.
            We are, none of us, out of this yet.

If you can't criticize other peoples work how do you maintain minimum standards. If you can't maintain minimum standards how can any enterprise survive?

Also, no one seems too worried about criticizing the work of the management here so have no grounds for complaining if they are subject to criticism themselves. Which is as it should be, as far as I am concerned.

1. IzzyM profile image87

A full 12 minutes after being answered by someone who knows what they are talking about, you chose to reply to me only.

Do I look like I know what I'm talking about??

I'ma failed hubber, Will. Kick me while I'm down, because I have nothing to offer.
                I have tried not to criticize others here, nor staff or owners here, but hey I'm good for kicking because my work doesn't 'read' well.

Point taken, I think. I can still make a comment here and there, can't I ?

I am reacting to what you said in this thread, Izzy. I am not commenting on your work.

I certainly wouldn't put your writing in the same category as those people who couldn't meet the minimum standards required to publish here.

1. xmasdecorations profile image56
                    xmasdecorationsposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Those people did meet the minimum standards to publish here, until those standards were suddenly changed. Of course they had the ability to amend and republish their Hubpages to conform, but when you have two weeks to change 1500 or 2000 hubs to avoid being unpublished, well, that is simply daunting.

Two or three weeks to rewrite two or three years worth of content? That isn't just unrealistic, that's near-impossible, if you were faced with that task then you would no doubt choose moving or deleting the content. I wasn't one of those people by the way, I had very little content which needed changing, very few hubs unpublished, and never used eBay. I had complete empathy for those who did though.

Imagine putting in 16 hour days for three weeks to get content up to scratch, not once but twice, in the full knowledge that it wasn't going to increase your revenues, in fact would only decrease them. If you could motivate yourself for that then fair play, but for me it wouldn't make good business sense.

2. Randy Godwin profile image62
                  Randy Godwinposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Check out Will's different crabs hub, Izzy.  Then come back and give Will the respect he is due as a writer.  Please!  lol

Will Apse is a decent writer, his stuff is well researched, I just don't understand his superiority complex. It is like nothing that I have seen before.

The bloke lives in Thailand, one of the most beautiful countries in the world, and yet every time he writes on this forum I imagine him having a face like a smacked ass. You would think that he was stuck in rainy Manchester.

Will, you live in Thailand dude, have a few bottles of Chang, enjoy the sunshine and the beautiful women, and think about how fantastic it would be to live in England right now with it's 5 degree temperatures and constant economic doom and gloom. Then, smile a bit more.

2. Will Apse profile image89

If you are tired of crabs you are tired of life.

3. IzzyM profile image87

I'm not sure what point you are trying to make here.

I checked it out, it's full of crabs. It's meant to be full of crabs, yeah?

I can't see anything wrong with the writing either.

I'm not sticking up for Will here, why should I - he's had a go at me a few times - please tell me what I'm supposed to see there?

2. Randy Godwin profile image62

There are many different people writing here, Will.  Not all of them deserve to be penalized for reasons unknown to them and unexplained by anyone who knows why so far.  Including you, for that matter.  But have at it.smile

3. xmasdecorations profile image56

I would love to know who those marketers were and how their content was inferior to yours Will. I can't name a single commercially orientated hubber that left this site purely because their suggestions weren't listened to, most of them left because they were given an extremely unrealistic time frame in which to make drastic alterations to a very large body of hubpages.

Some of them they had to go through all of their accounts not once but twice or even three times. Inevitably, they were not able to meet the tight deadlines, and they had content unpublished as a result. Many of them felt as if they were being required to invest full time hours into a site which was responsible for a fast dwindling proportion of their total income. You are quick to judge and assume, nothing new there of course, but many made a conscious business decision to pull the plug, and most of the individuals that I know have already fully recovered their HP earnings from alternative sources.

Others deleted huge amounts of content because eBay capsule restrictions were putting their ePN accounts at great risk. Deleting 500 non-performing eBay monetized hubpages in order to protect income from thirty or forty of your own sites may not seem logical to you, but it seems logical to everybody else. The requirement to delete capsules didn't help, eBay are ruthless, more ruthless than you could ever imagine.

It should of course be noted that the policies implemented in the aftermath of Panda made NO difference to the situation, and in hindsight only damaged the site further. It took away mature backlinks, high traffic hubbers, and led to a decline in trust. The fix had nothing to do with Amazon or eBay. And yes, many were upset by the way that certain individuals were treated, but the key word there is 'others'. I think that we can all be pretty confident that you would never display a similar level of empathy towards your peers.

And lastly, and probably most importantly, the real marketers were completely and utterly fed up with spending hours doing keyword research only to have niches replicated by leeches within hours. The ability to spread their niches across hundreds of domains, several servers, and with domain privacy, is protecting their work from vultures.

I do think that is time for you to stop looking down upon pretty much anybody and everybody that doesn't conform to your own narrow ideals. In terms of 'marketers', a successful marketer is one which makes the most money, either for themselves or for a third party, or both. They sell, it is really that simple, the more the sell the better you are. If HP objects to some of their techniques, they practice their techniques somewhere else, they don't stick around and accept a massive decline in revenues because a few people object to their methods.

I personally know of three or four current or former hubbers taking well into six figures online; well on the way to becoming millionaires, if they aren't already, by sitting in front of a computer in their home. Are you? Their content is always tip-top stuff, very well written, almost always extremely accurate. Not that any of us are ever completely perfect, nobody is, sometimes we get things wrong, including you.

I don't understand why it is that you attempt to draw a line between yourself as a commercial writer and other commercial writers, the game is the same. You find things that you think will sell well, you write about them without touching them, and then you take a commission. I know that you won't have owned all 10 of the external hard drives featured in your hub 'The 10 Best USB 3.0 External Hard Drives', so from the perspective of anybody who isn't an online marketer, your content is potentially very spammy. A marketer is dishonest, they all are, they have to be.

Opening a page and seeing nothing but Ebay ads is depressing.

This made me smile, though:

'eBay are ruthless, more ruthless than you could ever imagine.'

It should be novelized.

How is seeing a page full of eBay ads any more depressing to somebody with an eBay account than seeing a page with 8 Amazon capsules on this hub? http://willapse.hubpages.com/hub/USB-30-Hard-Drive

8 eBay capsules or 8 Amazon capsules, you really do have me stumped, can't see the difference personally.

You appear to have entitled your hub 'The 10 Best USB 3.0 External Hard Drives' and then featured 7 products; this is in itself:

a) deceptive titling
                b) an unfinished hubpage

Both against the Hubpages TOS!

2. xmasdecorations profile image56

A few hubbers have had $3000+ monthly eBay accounts deleted a month before Christmas for no reason other than that eBay wants to profit from free traffic in Q4 and they know that they victims have not got the time to replace eBay links on their sites with alternative affiliate networks. If that isn't ruthless then I don't know what is. In internet marketing terms, it doesn't get much more ruthless than that.

3. dungeonraider profile image88
                dungeonraiderposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Stephen King could do it.  Maybe a TV film after.

2. Topnewhottoys profile image61
              Topnewhottoysposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Damn! That was so accurate on so many points, and very well stated. I am seriously impressed!

It maybe HP's ballpark, (and I am appreciative that they provide it),- but it's useless without teams of players. And although every player on the team doesn't have to be a super-star, you won't see that team standing with the Big Dogs if they don't at least have some.

GA

4. Eric Graudins profile image62
            Eric Graudinsposted 12 years agoin reply to this

But you're not like them, are you. You just keep plugging along.
            Way to go Will.
            You're a champion!
            big_smilebig_smilebig_smile

5. Marisa Wright profile image85
            Marisa Wrightposted 12 years agoin reply to this

It's not untrue, Will.  Some of 'treatment' occurred in private when high profile Hubbers tried to express their concerns and offer assistance directly to management, so you don't know what you're talking about.

As Xmasdecorations said, "I can't name a single commercially orientated hubber that left this site purely because their suggestions weren't listened to, most of them left because they were given an extremely unrealistic time frame in which to make drastic alterations to a very large body of hubpages."  And most of those Hubs were as good, if not better, than yours.

2. MikeNV profile image68
    MikeNVposted 12 years ago

If it ain't broke don't fix it.

Rewarding people who are not good at promoting Amazon by bundling them in with those who are is a PENALTY for Advanced Marketers using Hubpages.

So the issue becomes will HubPages Owners benefit more by having people who don't know how to promote Amazon grouped in with those who do.

The only way to find out is to test that.

It could be a huge Penalty to people who know what they are doing and a huge boost for those who do not.

I guess it really comes down to the type of people you want to Attract to Hubpages long term and if it's worth selling out to make a few bucks in the short term vs making money over the long term.

The Right thing to do is to allow people to opt in or out.  But if you take the Obamacare Approach to Amazon and force everyone to participate you may find out in the long run the Cost for doing so exceeds the benefit.

If one can not accurately track what converts then there will be huge losses for those who are earning well now.

eBay switched to the Pay Per Click model and the only people it benefited was eBay.  It killed niche marketing on the Parnters Network.

I suppose everyone wants to operate in secrecy... and there are massive amounts of people willing to work for nothing these days.  So I can see this from an owners perspective.  If you can get new lemmings to do all the work and you can make more money who cares about the installed base?

Might seem kind of harsh but after reading all the replies so far only the ignorant seem to be on board.

FYI:  I don't focus Amazon on HubPages so it won't really effect me much.

3. Will Apse profile image89
    Will Apseposted 12 years ago

I deleted my last post in the interests of not wrecking this thread anymore than it has been wrecked already.

Fair enough. I've only had one Chang, it came in a gift set of Asian beers. Anyway, let's give the thread back to the masses.

1. Jerrico Usher profile image56
        Jerrico Usherposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I see yours (xmasdecorations) and (will apse)'s points and you both have very valid points- if you remove the bit of abrasiveness to your statements and the minor knife stabbing towards one another- both sides have good points and have spoken about them pretty well. It's never a good idea to attack someones hub or post a link to it after attacking it (even in example) though. There are better ways to make a point. But again both sides had some valid points that should be considered. You both seem like excellent hubbers with some mad skills I want to add.

4. Tatamall profile image58
    Tatamallposted 12 years ago

nice to read your news,but i just want to know how dose it work?

5. seolinkmonster profile image60
    seolinkmonsterposted 12 years ago

This is really a great news because amazon pays a flat 4% for people who sell products in the quantity range 1-31 only those who can sell more than 31 will be able to enjoy progressive commissions from amazon but now with hp earning program we get a share of that progressive commission because literally hundreds of products are being sold everyday on hubpages so everyone gets a higher payout.

6. gracenotes profile image88
    gracenotesposted 12 years ago

I echo the concerns of LisaHW.  I do better with just Adsense, and do not participate in the HPAds Program.  I'd like to know if those of us who use this option can still run our present Amazon affiliate ID as we have been doing, or will we be forced to activate HPAds to earn anything through Amazon sales.  If you must make it operate this way, couldn't the older hubbers with Amazon affiliate ID's be "grandfathered" in, and make it a policy solely for new people who join HP?  Or, just make it possible to "opt out" of the new requirement?

If we were forced to use Amazon solely through the HP earnings program, I think I would delete and move my Amazon sales hubs to another site -- that is, if they appear to have ever sold anything.  For the very few which don't make Amazon sales, but make money on Adsense, I'd probably leave them here, and not worry that there were some non-earning Amazon ads.  Fortunately, I don't have a lot of dedicated Amazon sales hubs.

In addition, I keep seeing posts from long-term hubbers who have recently lost their Adsense accounts, and I believe that many of these people are being honest when they say Google didn't give them a clue about the reason they were suspended.  I'm concerned for them, because if you don't have an Adsense account, and HubPages is making Ebay and Amazon earnings go through the HubPages Earning Program, these hubbers would no longer have any options for money-making here.

1. Fawntia profile imageSTAFF
      Fawntiaposted 12 years agoin reply to this

The HubPages Earnings Program is not the same thing as the HubPages Ad Program. The Earnings Program is just the program that enables you to accumulate earnings that HubPages pays directly to you. In order to be enrolled in the eBay Program, the Ad Program, or (in the future) the Amazon Program, you must be enrolled in the Earnings Program so that we can pay you. However, you do not need to be enrolled in the Ad Program to be in the eBay Program. Likewise, you will not need to be enrolled in the Ad Program to earn through Amazon. I hope that answers your question.

1. profile image0
        EmpressFelicityposted 12 years agoin reply to this

So putting our Amazon earnings under the HP "umbrella" isn't going to be optional in the future then?

2. theherbivorehippi profile image64
        theherbivorehippiposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Wow...I do appreciate this reply however, this has left me more confused than ever. Can you just confirm that we have the option to opt-out of this? I'm content with only Adsense and Amazon running on all of my profiles and am not interested in this. Will we or won't we still be able to run Amazon on our hubs if we don't join this?

This is the second time I've asked....hoping to just know one way or another whether to continue with Christmas hubs on other profiles or not. Thank you

1. profile image0

I want to know the answer to this as well. It's not that hard a question to answer after all.

1. theherbivorehippi profile image64

Thank you! Good grief. I feel like I'm visible or something (again) trying to get a simple answer. It is the end of October... I need to make decisions.

1. profile image0

God forbid we should actually get a simple yes or no answer to a perfectly reasonable question.

1. theherbivorehippi profile image64

I know. Maybe if a Hubpage "favorite" asks this question someone will answer. smile Clearly I don't qualify. sad

2. wordscribe43 profile image91
              wordscribe43posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Me, too.  The answer to this question is the only reason I'm following this thread.  I want the opt-out option since HP isn't my only source of Amazon earnings.  But, HP helps me get to the next payment tier.

3. gracenotes profile image88
        gracenotesposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Well, I hope this is what you mean.

I enrolled to be paid for impressions through HP Ads originally.  Gave HP my Tax ID, etc., and signed up to be paid through PayPal.

However, I didn't stay with HPAds after trying it for one month.  I turned off the ads, and went back to just Adsense.

I think what Fawntia is trying to say is that, because I enrolled and have a way to be paid, I can be paid for Ebay clicks (or sales) or for Amazon earnings, without having the HPAds turned on.  In that way, my only payment from HubPages through PayPal would be for Amazon and/or Ebay, because I have the HPAds disabled.

Am I correct?

1. pauldeeds profile imageSTAFF
          pauldeedsposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Yes, that's correct.

1. gracenotes profile image88
            gracenotesposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Thank you, Paul!

You've already cleared up what I think is an important question.  The earnings that accumulate are from any program that you happen to have turned on, and will be paid out when you reach $50.

2. theherbivorehippi profile image64

Yeah, I get that...the question is can we OPT OUT? I don't wish to be paid through Hubpages, I am happy being paid through Amazon. I am not signed up for the Hub Ad program, nor would I ever consider dealing with Paypal again. Am I missing the answer to this somewhere?

1. mistyhorizon2003 profile image89
              mistyhorizon2003posted 12 years agoin reply to this

The inference earlier in the thread was that the Amazon system will be compulsory but not until the end of the year. Pauls comment says:

"HubPages has had a non standard agreement with Amazon that we are tweaking once again so it won't be until early November at the soonest that people will be able to get going.  While we expect this opportunity to be in the communities best interest, we have a plan that doesn't require changes before the end of the year.  The FAQ will be out shortly with more details."

Note the penultimate sentence and the words ' doesn't require changes before the end of the year'.

7. rodriguezk96 profile image60
    rodriguezk96posted 12 years ago

Hello can anyone help me, how can I bring more traffic to my Blogs? Thanks and how does this Amazon and Ebay thing works? Thanks in advance everyone. smile

Traffic comes as a result of:

1. Well written and formatted hubs

2. Higher hub/author scores

3. Participation in the site (commenting, flagging, fan mail etc...)

4. Traffic potential through hubtivity syndication can be huge

5. internal linking to other people's hubs (karma feature)

6. Hubs around 700-1k words work best

7. Building your fan base helps with hubtivity syndication

8. You can purchase a domain, point it to your hubpages profile and promote that domain via standard backlink building concepts

9. link exchanges with off hubpages sites (to build link juice to your hubs or account)

10. Hubs that "season" over time and are well built tend to draw automatic traffic as they move up the serps (google ranking)

that should get you started....

eBay and Amazon work by your putting the capsules on your hubs but best when used on product based hubs (i.e. talking about kitchen cabinets i.e. how to install them, then using the capsules (with keywords) to promote cabinets, fixtures, glue, nails etc... usually just putting in the keyword will handle that)...

Amazon is a books site but they sell products too so you may hit on both sides there (i.e. book on installing kitchen cabinets and products for helping that like tools).

The trick with these capsules is writing the right type of content and cleverly writing it so it both informs the reader but also hones the capsules (precursors them to be what the reader needs).

I've never used eBay/Amazon capsules on my hubs but am about to overhaul all of my hubs to include them as I realize now I've been missing out on some serious income, especially with my home improvement product hubs).

Hope this helps Rodriguezk96. I have a bunch of help hubs written that may help if you want further assistance.. this is a bit off topic for this thread...

8. Cardia profile image75
    Cardiaposted 12 years ago

I haven't been with Hubpages very long, so I'm still learning the ropes here, and all the different terms. Can someone please just give me a quick summary as to what's happening exactly?

1. janderson99 profile image55
      janderson99posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Hubpages is changing the way they pay the writers to a system where they collect ALL the money earned from Adsense, Ebay and/or Amazon and pay out the writer's share via the Earnings Program and Paypal. HP collects the 60% share for the writers from the various sources, and distributes the funds each time the Paypal threshold is reached ( say $50). HP compiles overall stats on the combined amount earned by writers each day in the Earnings Reports. There are multiple benefits tor HP.  Writers have the potential to increase their earning rates (as shown by increases in the combined CPM in the reports). The forecast is a 10% increase in Adsense earnings for the same traffic (more ads on the page and better ads).  Also there is the potential for extra payment rates for Amazon because all the payments will be combined and will qualify for the highest commission rate. This will benefit those that have small Amazon sales rates at the moment and have lower commission rates.

9. thisisoli profile image73
    thisisoliposted 12 years ago

A big issue I have with the Hubpages eBay program is that my CPC has dropped from £0.09ish to $0.69 (Less than £0.05).  I am willing to give this some time to 'stabalize' but it is kind of worrying, especailly when Hubpages is wanting to take Amazon on board too.  I have already lost enough in Hubpages changes, especially after I had to change my ad capsule layout.  I am concerned that I could possibly lose even more.

Looking forward to the FAQ to see if I should be worried or not.

1. IzzyM profile image87

I was wondering about that. Being new to ebay I'd no idea how it works. I've had 5 clicks from them, over a few days and over 2 accounts.
      Each time the cpc is 0.069 and I'm getting 7 cents a click. (are we allowed to say this? if not, I'll delete). A friend is getting the exact same rate. Are we all getting the same? Is this normal?

1. pauldeeds profile imageSTAFF
        pauldeedsposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Each HubPages account is tracked with a separate campaign id, and the epc is determined by eBay separately for each campaign id using their quality click pricing system.  As they say in their faq on EPC, it can take some time for things to settle in:

When you first start a campaign, the system has limited information with which to predict the value of your clicks, so it may take a few days of data to reflect the actual value of your traffic. In some cases this may lead to us paying more than we would have if you had a full campaign history, and in some cases less. Until you have built up a history, we use revenue generated very close to the click, with an estimate for long-term revenue, as a way to calculate the value of clicks for new campaigns. The system will catch up more quickly with campaigns that have larger numbers of clicks and may take a bit more time with campaigns that have fewer numbers of clicks.

1. IzzyM profile image87

Thank you.
          When My internet is fast enough to open those pages, I will take a read smile

10. SimeyC profile image87
    SimeyCposted 12 years ago

Yep mine was 13c and is now 7c - I expect that it should pick up over time though!

1. TinaAtHome profile image65
      TinaAtHomeposted 12 years ago

Well here's my question. What is California law changes again so that those in California can't use the Amazon program? Does HubPages have a special agreement with Amazon that surpasses California law?

1. IzzyM profile image87

Good question!

1. Rochelle Frank profile image91
          Rochelle Frankposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Amazon is now allowing Californians to participate-- I think they have a temporary agreement with the state (a year?) then?? probably Amazon will be paying some state tax?
          But for now, "We Californians" can post ads and earn. It has just been a week or so, and I reinstated Amazon ads to a few of my hubs that earned from them before.. and have a (very) few dollars as a result, so far.

1. thisisoli profile image73
            thisisoliposted 12 years agoin reply to this

What is probably going to happen is that Amazon will re-instate plans to spend millions of dollars in California since it was going to locate a new distribution and management depot over there. This would require them to pay state sales tax even before the nexus laws were instituted.

When California instituted the sale tax the following happened.

Amazon pulled out of plans to create a major investment in California including the creation of hundreds of jobs.
            Amazon and other major affiliates pulled out of the state destroying teh full time incomes of 10,000 affiliates, and the part time income of many, many, more.
            This meant that instead of Californias expected 200 million tax windfall, they actually lost 190 million in tax from their affiliates.

These factors, especially the loss in taxable income caused two things to happen.

The California government convened with some of the largest affiliate programs to try and reach an agreement.

The governer removed the nexus tax laws temporarily (and this time he claimed that it was going to save 25,000 jobs, which lets you know that our own estimates of job losses were actually much, much lower than expected.

2. mitshell profile image60
      mitshellposted 12 years ago

bringing new things here for hubbers to increase their hub earning is not a bad idea, keep it up

3. Anna Marie Bowman profile image75
      Anna Marie Bowmanposted 12 years ago

How does this new change affect those of us that live in states where we cannot use Amazon?  I recently moved to Illinois, and found out I am no longer allowed to use Amazon.  Will I still not be eligible? Or since it is rolled into the HP Earnings Program, will I be allowed to use Amazon?  I am guessing not, but figured it was worth asking.

1. IzzyM profile image87

I would imagine that you will be able to use it, as it will no longer be tied to your home address, but HP staff have been strangely silent on the details of this arrangement. Guess we'll have to wait for the FAQ.

4. wilderness profile image94
      wildernessposted 12 years ago

Another question for Pauls FAQ that I haven't seen:

Right now HPads, adsense and I assume eBay pay a month behind (or thereabouts) while Amazon pays 2 months behind.

While Amazon payments keep that 2 month delay through HP?  If so, I would surely hope that it is well defined that way in the earnings section - it could potentially give rise to a great deal of confusion as hubbers expect the Amazon monies and don't get them.

5. PaulaHenry1 profile image65
      PaulaHenry1posted 12 years ago

All I have to say is that since I went back to Adsense only (no HP ads) I am making payout this month. With HP I had cents at the end of the month. I really hope I dont HAVE TO use Hp ads, ect....

6. gamergirl profile image84
      gamergirlposted 12 years ago

Is there currently any time frame on completion of the FAQ?

1. Randy Godwin profile image62

16 hours later-Apparently, not!  smile

7. Paul Edmondson profile imageSTAFF
      Paul Edmondsonposted 12 years ago

I think it will be ready this week, although there are a few things we are still working on with Amazon.

1. gamergirl profile image84
        gamergirlposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for the update, Paul.  I look forward to reading this FAQ.  smile

8. prairieprincess profile image91
      prairieprincessposted 12 years ago

On a related note, I am wondering if Hubpages has considered connecting us so we can sell with Amazon Canada or Amazon U.K. I know there are widgets for websites that allow the page to go to the reader's home country Amazon site, as long as the website owner is an affiliate with that particular country's Amazon site.

1. Lissie profile image77
        Lissieposted 12 years agoin reply to this

also amazon.de and amazon.fr

9. thisisoli profile image73
      thisisoliposted 12 years ago

I have to second the global Amazon advertising. Allowing us to open up geo targeted sales hubs would be amazing, even if it's just on keyword based amazon capsules.

A huge amount of revenue is being lost here.

We have been told it has been on the cards for a while now, but seeing this put in to place would give me a whole lot more incentive to write than losing control of my Amazon data.

1. Paul Edmondson profile imageSTAFF
        Paul Edmondsonposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Internationalizing amazon is on the list. We need to make the current changes and then tackle this.  Each country has their own amazon program so it's a bit more complicated, but doable.

@thisisoli will you be at Pubcon?  I'll be there. Love to catch up.

1. thisisoli profile image73
          thisisoliposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I should be at Pubcon South, I don't go to many out of town events on the run up to Christmas though!

I pretty much cut it all down to the Internet Marketing Party and Affiliate Summit.

2. uthurban profile image56
          uthurbanposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Hey Paul,

Do you have any plan for Indian writers? To check the flow of black money, Reserve Bank of India (the Central Bank) asked Paypal to stay away from accepting payment of more than $500 in an Indian Paypal Account. If you will add Amazon to HPads then that limit will cross for lots of writers. Would you please split payment of HPads for Indian authors, if it crosses the lovely boundary of $500.

Thanks and Regards

1. Fawntia profile imageSTAFF
            Fawntiaposted 12 years agoin reply to this

It is our understanding that the limit has been raised to $3000.

10. sunforged profile image70
      sunforgedposted 12 years ago

Has the opt out question been answered?

Many people are not big fans of PayPal or giving up the autonomy we had with our third party partners as publishers when we began using this platform.

Opt out?

Yes or No?

'giving up the autonomy'

I have to agree. Rolling all payments together like this makes us vulnerable to Paypal problems. And if someone loses their Adsense account(as happened to Hassam recently)they will lose all possible sources of revenue here.

It is more pressure on writers to spread the risk by using other platforms.

Wouldn't using hubpages exclusively actually make the risk less due to the fact that Google knows HP, talks to them likley weekly or more, and can tell all your stuff is earned here? It would be violating tos of adsense or hp that would likely be a problem not having a lot of pages or earnings here- I tend to think of hubs as a safe way to earn from adsense/others because of their strict control over those ad units that people can't change... just my two cents

1. uthurban profile image56
            uthurbanposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Exactly, if you are displaying your Google Ads only though HP, then rest assured Google is not going to do anything negative for your Adsense Account.

11. Glamorously Jacob profile image61
      Glamorously Jacobposted 12 years ago

So did this ever get rolled out? I read about it, but I never saw a place in my account to enroll or that my account was automatically enrolled.

Can someone give me an update?

Thanks
      Jacob

1. Randy Godwin profile image62

Nope!

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/6186572.jpg

2. mistyhorizon2003 profile image89

Enrolled into what? The HP Ad program does exist now and you can enroll into it on your 'My Account' section if that is what you mean, you just need to click on 'configure' and make the edits.

Amazon is a different ball game, and it is still not compulsory (and many don't want it to be). It appears HP are still tweaking the terms and the conditions at the moment.

1. Glamorously Jacob profile image61
          Glamorously Jacobposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I'm in the HP Ad program. I want to be in the special Amazon program.

1. mistyhorizon2003 profile image89

I don't think it is active yet Glamorously Jacob as HP had to make some changes to their original plan. I think they will let everyone know via an announcement when they are ready to proceed assuming they manage to iron out the cause of the difficulties.

1. Glamorously Jacob profile image61
              Glamorously Jacobposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Thank you Misty! I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing out; that percentage bump would put a few more dollars on the table for me!

2. Writer Fox profile image31
            Writer Foxposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Jacob, you are not allowed to post on the Forum using two different user accounts.  You need to choose just one and stick with it on the Forum or you could lose your posting privileges.

1. galleryofgrace profile image71
              galleryofgraceposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Pay attention to the time line you are posting too.

12. Alison Graham profile image93
      Alison Grahamposted 10 years ago

Paul, please see this forum thread which I have opened after a very worrying change to Amazon UK's & Europe TOS

They are saying that affiliates must not post any links containing their affiliate code on sites not owned by them

What will be the implications if this is extended to Amazon.com?

http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/120959

Alison

1. galleryofgrace profile image71
        galleryofgraceposted 10 years agoin reply to this

This is a 2 year old thread! What a waste of time and resources.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
    Necessary
    HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
    LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
    Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
    AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
    Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
    CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
    Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
    Features
    Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
    Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
    Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
    Marketing
    Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
    Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
    Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
    Statistics
    Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
    ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
    ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)