Whats your favourite pet to have?

Jump to Last Post 1-20 of 20 discussions (21 posts)
  1. Johnjfernando profile image60
    Johnjfernandoposted 12 years ago

I want a kitten because they seem quite and calm. I'm also an animal lover, so I still like having a dog.

http://s2.hubimg.com/u/5708037_f248.jpg

1. Nexusx2 profile image62
      Nexusx2posted 12 years agoin reply to this

I like cats more than dogs. Dogs can be to needy at times.

2. wilderness profile image95
    wildernessposted 12 years ago

Kittens??  Quiet and calm????  You won't say that when one charges through the house at full speed in the middle of the night, chasing imaginary butterflies or whatever and bouncing off your bed! They are basically nocturnal, but adjust well to human time schedule.  Pretty much, anyway.

Having said that, though, I much prefer cats to dogs.  They require far less upkeep and can be just as affectionate but without the frantic barking and spastic attitude whenever you come home.  Cats sleep a lot (because when they go, they really go) and can get into a lot of trouble, but so can a dog.  Cats are far more self sufficient both physically and mentally; it is no problem to leave one in the house for a couple of days alone and you don't have to walk it every few hours.

3. Shawn Scarborough profile image67
    Shawn Scarboroughposted 12 years ago

I have owned both dogs and cats.  Overall I prefer dogs to cats.  Cats are easier to take care of.  You don't have to walk them or let them outside every few hours to go to the bathroom.  I do enjoy large dogs though because they can protect my family.  I have a Rottweiler so I never worry about leaving my wife and children alone while I go out of town on a business trip for a few days. I know that my dog will protect family.

4. S G Hupp profile image81
    S G Huppposted 12 years ago

I'm glad that I have both.  My cat bounces between the extremes of wild humor and tolerant feline hot water bottle.  The dogs (australian shepherds) are both my buddies and body guards. Most of the time we take the aussies with us when we travel but the truth is, it's nice to be able to leave the cat on her own for a few days and not have to worry about a pet sitter.

5. leahlefler profile image94
    leahleflerposted 12 years ago

We have both, but I have to say that our dog is slightly favored. He's just so darned sweet!
    http://s1.hubimg.com/u/5730864_f248.jpg

6. cre8ivOne profile image69
    cre8ivOneposted 12 years ago

Well, cat's aren't always as friendly and willing to interact while dogs, always welcome the attention.  Sometime my dog wants to play too much!  But she's a gem and I wouldn't trade her for anything!   I also have two cats, and one of them acts like a dog in many ways!  The other is more demure and wants attention on her terms.

Pets, gotta love 'em!
    http://s1.hubimg.com/u/5731152_f248.jpg

7. Hudson Pierce profile image54
    Hudson Pierceposted 12 years ago

I am a dog lover.  smile

8. somedress2011 profile image61
    somedress2011posted 12 years ago

a dog , clever and beautiful dog , i love dog most .my good friends ,when i go out ,he will follow me and we are so happy play together

9. ftclick profile image54
    ftclickposted 12 years ago

A medium sized dog. I don't need a feminine Paris Hilton little dog and cat hair is not tolerable. although, I do like calico cats and some big dogs, and I do like shitzus.
    This is just one person's experience and opinion which is what a forum is for. But it seems I cannot make a blanket statement. smile

10. profile image52
    Haniajoyposted 12 years ago

Hi friends...
    I am also a pets lover, so I motionless like having a dog.

http://s2.hubimg.com/u/5915685_f248.jpg

11. olodarkwriter profile image60
    olodarkwriterposted 12 years ago

My favorite pet is an aquarium without any fish in it. Looks nice with the room lights off at night, nice bubbling sound from pump, no feeding, no cleaning, no work

1. Reality Bytes profile image74
      Reality Bytesposted 12 years ago

I like dogs. My dogs inspire me to try and attempt to be the person they think I am, it is amazing that a creature can care more for you then themselves.

2. steryker profile image60
      sterykerposted 12 years ago

I have a dog, and african gray, a blue and gold macaw and a few fish tanks. I gotta say the gray edges out my dog bandit

3. profile image0
      icountthetimesposted 12 years ago

I'm have to say dogs. We have a cat too, but I think we could be replaced by a different family and she wouldn't even notice. They often care more about their environment I think.

4. profile image0
      Muldaniaposted 12 years ago

I have had cats all of my life, until a couple of months ago, when our last cat died.  The house doesn't seem the same.  I much prefer cats to dogs, and although I like friend's dogs, I feel much more at home with a cat.

5. Hui (蕙) profile image60
      Hui (蕙)posted 12 years ago

Cat family, including little cats, lions, tigers, and leos, is my favorite animal. I have a cat now, and used to take care of a group of free cats for years. But my first pet was a little dog, white, smart, pretty and really spoiled, and years ago, I lost her, which almost killed me.

6. Michele Travis profile image67
      Michele Travisposted 12 years ago

I have 2 dogs and a cat.  I had a horse but that was a long time ago.  He was old and we let him retire.  He died about 2 years ago and I still miss him.

http://s3.hubimg.com/u/6039298_f248.jpg

7. bruzzbuzz profile image60
      bruzzbuzzposted 12 years ago

I do like cats and have had a few but my favorite pet is a dog. Dogs are eager to please and are great to sit with, pet, and talk to. I love my little shelter dog and am happy to have him as one of my very best friends.

8. profile image0
      Emily Sparksposted 12 years ago

Wow, that's a hard question.  I love animals.  I have a dog, a cat, and two goats.  I love dogs for their companionship and protection.  I love to cuddle with my cat.......so I'm not sure which would be my favorite????

9. calpol25 profile image59
      calpol25posted 12 years ago

My favourite pet to have would be the cowardly lion or two gay penguin activists mmmmm. Decisions

http://images.wikia.com/oz/images/6/65/The-cowardly-lion-the-wizard-of-oz-4109278-550-456.jpg

OR

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/5925556_f248.jpg

Love them both smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
    Necessary
    HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
    LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
    Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
    AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
    Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
    CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
    Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
    Features
    Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
    Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
    Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
    Marketing
    Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
    Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
    Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
    Statistics
    Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
    ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
    ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)