Does ANYONE believe in God? (or Allah or whatever)

Jump to Last Post 1-6 of 6 discussions (61 posts)
  1. profile image0
    Cromperposted 12 years ago

I was just thinking to myself last night: does anyone actually believe in a god or anything like that? I know The Pope is an atheist in religious disguise, but there must be SOMEONE out there who actually believes in a god or creator of the universe. I would like to know those people and share in their experience.

1. emrldphx profile image60
      emrldphxposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I do.

1. profile image0
        Cromperposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Prove it.

Do you even realize what you are asking Cromper?

OP asked if anyone believes in God. I said I do. That's my proof that I believe in God.

There is nothing more than my word to 'prove' what I believe to you.

1. profile image0

I wish I could believe you, but alas - I don't. Sorry. You are an atheist and I can't get that assumption out of my head. The Pope is an atheist and therefore I cannot make any positive assumptions about others who claim to be theists.

Sorry.

Cool, that's up to you my friend. Good luck... if they take you to IHOP don't eat the eggs... I got sick off the eggs once.

2. OutWest profile image58
          OutWestposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Is this what this is all about?  Very deceptive.

2. profile image0
      Brenda Durhamposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Not Allah.  Not just "a" god.
      I believe in God.
      There are quite a few Believers on this site.

1. profile image0

Prove it.

1. profile image0

Prove what?
          Prove God is real, or prove I believe in Him?
          I'll answer both by telling you how to prove it to yourself.

Read the Bible.  The first Book of it will show you God declaring His sovreignty, power, and ability.

Jesus died to cleanse you from your sins, if you so choose to accept Him.  Ye must be born again to enter Heaven.  Do you want to be saved?

As far as proving I or anyone believes in Him, the best way on this site to do that is to read their hubs and search their forum posts.  We're not supposed to make threads just to promote our own hubs, but since you asked, if you look you'll see that I wrote a hub that addresses your confusion about evolution.  And indeed there are many other Christian hubbers whose work you'll find hugely informative and filled with the Spirit.  I'll be happy to recommend some if you like.   You could prove you really want to know me and them and share in our experiences by doing so.

1. profile image0

It is simple. Prove that YOU believe in God. I'm not asking for a lifestyle choice - I'm not asking for indirect evidence of God - I'm not asking for God to come to me.

If you are sincere in your claim that you believe in God, then you can lead me to Him.

Can you do that?

1. paradigmsearch profile image60
              paradigmsearchposted 12 years agoin reply to this

@Brenda Durham
              Can I come along, too?

1. profile image0

I wish you would!
                Do you believe He loves you?

1. paradigmsearch profile image60

I won't.

That would imply that I already believe in his existence...

1. profile image0

Then I will pray that He comes to you.

I believe the words of Genesis 1:1.  There is no other sensible explanation for the world and mankind's existence.  And I remember even as a child that there was something missing from my life.  I had wonderful parents who taught me the Gospel.  I was a "good" girl. And yet I felt myself rebelling at their authority, inwardly. I was embarrassed when they'd tell me all people are in need of Salvation; I was embarrassed when in church the preacher and they would try to get me to go to the altar.

And then one day the Holy Spirit came to me, in that same church, and convinced me of my sins, of my need for deliverance.  And, after time after time of me quenching the Spirit, that time I just felt my feet moving toward that altar, effortlessly.  And all I know is that, where once I was lost, then I was found; where once I was alone, I was no more alone; where once I was blind to the Truth, then I could finally see it.  Jesus does that!  He heals the blind, if not physically, Spiritually.  He makes children of us that were spiritual orphans.  No matter how much my family loved me, it wasn't enough.  We humans are drawn to the Light, each of us, at some point in our lives.  We either accept it or we refuse it.

There were times, later, when the world tried to draw me back toward it.  But the Lord continued (even continued after I got saved! Wow!) to draw me toward Him, through my occasional rebellion.  He knew my heart at its core. Most of all, He showed me how much He loves me!  Now, I am homeless here on earth.  Not literally, but Spiritually.  This world is not my home.  I'm just passing through.  My treasures are laid up somewhere beyond the blue.  The angels beckon me from Heaven's open door, and I can't feel at home in this world anymore.  Those are words to an old song that we used to sing in church.  I believe the words; they describe me exactly!   I believe I have a home in Heaven awaiting me!  God is a promise-keeper.

2. Mikel G Roberts profile image74
              Mikel G Robertsposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Start reading my hubs. If you're sincerely searching, and if I can I'd love to help.

For me the first step was getting brutally honest with myself. I sought the truth, 100% of the truth. That wasn't easy.

again if I can help, I will.

Mikel

***I will say this You will arrive at a point where God won't be something you can wrap your head around. At some point God becomes something you can only experience emotionally. The best analogy I can come up with is the physics theories having to do with Particle-Wave duality (as I know you're familiar with that). God is kinda like that too, when God has mass you can wrap your brain around it. When God goes to light speed, and loses the mass, only emotionally can we understand it (or feel or through intuition...). For me it is almost like God becomes emotions... I don't know how else to explain it. (and this isn't a very good explanation sorry). I hope that helps.

1. profile image0

Mikel,

You are a two-faced idiot who was quite happy to act the idiot in my forum titled "Does 'Murphy's Law' contradict 'Intelligent Design'?" but now you are acting the 'nice guy' in order to impress your fellow theists (supposed).

Are you going to keep up the charade or give in to your stupidity and fall to your normal level?

1. Mikel G Roberts profile image74

That's kinda what I figured. (and why my first reaction was laughter.)

3. profile image0

Indeed.
              I can give you the message.  The Holy Spirit is who draws people to him, though.  And if someone is intent on quenching that Spirit, then it will do no good for me to say a thing at all to them.
              The Gospel says that God so Loved the world that He sent His only begotten son Jesus the Christ, to die for you and the rest of mankind, that whosoever will believe on Him can have everlasting life.
              Jesus calls all men to repent.  A sinner has to admit he's a sinner in need of a Savior, be willing to repent and receive forgiveness. 
              Jesus said if He was lifted up (crucified) that He would draw all men to Him!  So I'm here to give you that message--that He died and rose again, that His awesome Love and mercy drew me to Him, and He will draw you to Him too.   Don't refuse Him when He comes to you.

I can lead you.  But I can't save you.  Again, do you want to be saved?

1. profile image0

Words cannot save me. I need to be lead PHYSICALLY!

Can you do that?

Yes, the first step is a doozey though... Cyanide good or do you prefer some other way?

wink

2. Eaglekiwi profile image75
                  Eaglekiwiposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Say what you mean-and mean what you say wink

3. Mikel G Roberts profile image74

LOL...  nice thread.  lol              lol

lollollol
                                 lollol

lollol
                                                            lollollol

4. AEvans profile image71
      AEvansposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Yes I believe in "God"  always have and always will. smile

1. profile image0

Prove it.

2. habee profile image92
        habeeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Same here.

5. paradigmsearch profile image60

I've heard rumors of one, but I haven't seen any proof yet. That's ok though. I'm patient.

6. profile image0

I was meaning to ask you---why do you say the Pope is an atheist?   I'm not Catholic, but still I've always believed that the Pope(s) believe in God.

7. sarovai profile image73
      sarovaiposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Believe God , like any other thing you Believe. smile

2. profile image50
    rnoelposted 12 years ago

First I must say, That God is a spirit, and they that worship and believe him must do it in spirit and in truth. @Cromper people do ignorantly believe and disbelieve. The question is where do you stand?

1. profile image0

What do you want me to believe? That will give you a clue as to where I stand.

1. profile image50
        rnoelposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I want you to believe that God is real, is alive, is a spirit and is always near to you especially in thoughts. he gave us ways in which we should live and we must follow these ways. There is one God One Holy Spirit and One Savior and they all dwell in One Body we call Christ.

3. profile image0
    Wilfionposted 12 years ago

Actually, statistics show that only 2.5% of the world's population are atheists.  So the majority believe in one god or another.  Before you say "prove it" all you have to do is search online, as there is plenty of information out there.

1. profile image0

How many people that you know actually believe in a god even if they DO go to church every Sunday? How many "Christians" are what they say they are?

If you believe that all people who attend church are 'believers' then you are very naive!

1. Eaglekiwi profile image75

I can ,but whats in it for me wink because from what I know about God -hes not a monkey

So I wont be working for peanuts.

Just so ya know smile

<grinning>

Elephants>>>Peanuts

Monkeys>>>>>Bananas

wink  Just sayin... lol

lol  lol

(Covers face in embarrassment,now I know why my sons wont let me tell jokes!)

lol

You look good blushing. wink

Oh I bet you say that to all the girls cool lol

Nope just the monkeys that won't work for peanuts.  cool

lol

Oh I detect a little discrimination there wink

2. profile image0
        Wilfionposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Cromper, I don't remember mentioning people who go to church in my previous post.  For a start, most people who believe in God or gods are not Christians.  There are other religions in the world you know.  There is Islam, Hinduism, Sikhism, Judaism, Biddhism, and many, many more "isms."  And believing in God or gods does not necessarily indicate that you go to church or temple or mosque.  There are billions who believe in God who don't attend any kind of religious service.

1. profile image0
          Wilfionposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Oh bugger!  He's gone, and I am talking to myself.

I hate it when I end up talking to myself...

*looks around... notices you, yes *you*! There behind the computer screen!*

*wanders off mumbling about people minding their own business*

big_smile

4. profile image0
    Brenda Durhamposted 12 years ago

Eaglekiwi, grab one of Cromper's arms and I'll grab the other!  haha.
    I guess we COULD physically lead him......but I dunno....I'm not a large or very strong person....are you?

I think maybe he means can we show him a physical God?........

Jesus was God in the flesh, yet many didn't believe Him then either.  But it is written, and many people witnessed His presence here on earth.   I pray Cromper will someday believe their testimonies in the Bible and all the witnesses since then!

1. profile image0

No, you just need to lead me physically to whatever it is you lot are smokin'!!!

...because I want some of it tooo!!!!

1. profile image0

You've gained a follower on HubPages.  Maybe we can have some good conversations.  Maybe the Spirit will even show Himself to you.   He doesn't carry paraphernalia or smoke anything, but He can ignite Holy Ghost fire without even a match!

Help a brother out huh

Thats not how Christians roll lol

Hmm..sure I gotta strong right arm..but you'll have to remind me when to stop pulling or we'd be in double trouble lol

Besides I reckon hes hitting on ya smile

We could always kidnap him and take him to IHOP lol

1. profile image0

LOL
        Girl, you have a great sense of humor! lol

5. pisean282311 profile image63
    pisean282311posted 12 years ago

all religious gods are human creations...it is like do you believe in sherlock holmes or spider man...

6. prektjr.dc profile image73
    prektjr.dcposted 12 years ago

To believe in something is to trust in its existence based on the willingness to experience it.  Each day we believe the sun will rise.  We trust it exists in an orbit that will bring it back each day and we are willing to experience it.  Based then on our experience, we then can be confident in our belief that it will continue to occur.

Believing in God is the same.  Be willing to experience His great power by trusting in His existence and He WILL give you the experiences you seem to so desperately be seeking.  He will meet you where you are, but you must be willing to believe.  I have had personal experiences with Him and I KNOW He is real.  I do not need to prove it as He proves it for me.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)