Where is my money?

Jump to Last Post 1-20 of 20 discussions (54 posts)
  1. profile image0
    lavender3957posted 12 years ago

I have made well over the payment required but yet to be paid. I searched and searched for answers and cannot find what I need to know. I need to know when my payment will be in my paypal. I have made over 3,000 dollars in the last 6 months but no payment. Who do I contact? Why have I  not yet been paid?

1. SimeyC profile image88
      SimeyCposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Where have you made the money? Google? eBay? Amazon? HP Ads?

2. Randy Godwin profile image59
      Randy Godwinposted 12 years agoin reply to this

So you've contacted HP staff and they haven't answered your query?

3. profile image49
      mrvoodoo4posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Deleted

1. Mark Knowles profile image58
        Mark Knowlesposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Only for 90 - 120 days. lol

2. Fawntia profile imageSTAFF
        Fawntiaposted 12 years agoin reply to this

The payout threshold is $50. You will be paid once your balance reaches at least that amount. You can check your balance on this page.

Please also read the excerpt from the HubPages Terms of Use below:

"You acknowledge and agree that You will not publicly disclose Your payments or Earned Balance (including any subcomponents thereof) from the HubPages Earnings Program without prior written consent of HubPages."

1. SimeyC profile image88
          SimeyCposted 12 years agoin reply to this

You mean I can't tell people I've earned $3,000,000 this week alone? Oops! darnit!

2. profile image0
          lavender3957posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Thanks, I found my answer and my mistake of the zero's. You are very kind. You are very helpful and I will follow you now. Thanks again

3. sunforged profile image71
          sunforgedposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Wow!

HP is getting pretty Gestapo on their TOS ... anyone else ever run a business with wages or salaries that vary? DO you remember why you didnt want them to talk aboput what they earned?

I wonder how that corresponds to the general estimation the OP made to warrant this "gentle" threat

1. relache profile image72
            relacheposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Can you think of a better way to try and stem the tide of complaints that they (admin) are doing something wrong with the site from people who's earnings didn't recover after subdomains?  The #1 thing that fans those flames is statements of earnings...

4. MelissaBarrett profile image59
      MelissaBarrettposted 12 years ago

You have a ten thousand views award, I seriously doubt you've made 3000 dollars, or we'd all be rich as lords.  There's a miscalculation somewhere.

1. kmackey32 profile image63
        kmackey32posted 12 years agoin reply to this

I was thinking the same thing with under 100 hubs too.

2. wilderness profile image94
        wildernessposted 12 years agoin reply to this

You have to be right.  To earn $3000 in your first 6 months, even with 93 hubs, would have to set an all time earnings record!

While I earned my first adsense payout in 6 months, and felt pretty good about that, it's a far cry from $3000.

3. Richieb799 profile image76
        Richieb799posted 12 years agoin reply to this

I'm getting 20,000 views in a week at the moment, wish I earned $3000 a week big_smile

1. MelissaBarrett profile image59
          MelissaBarrettposted 12 years agoin reply to this

LMAO, I managed to earn an average of 800 dollars a month from online writing this year.  Hubpages hasn't even factored into it yet as I've yet to hit pay out.  As I've recently quit one of the pages I wrote for (for ethical reasons) I expect that to drop to about 500 a month unless something amazing happens.

2. profile image0

Yes there was, somehow I added two many zeros. It was 30. I thought I would joke around a bit on the Where's my Money. I should of phrased it differently. Thanks

5. profile image0
      PJ_Deneenposted 12 years ago

If you have a Google Adsense account, the payment report data can be confusing to someone not used to it.  Are you sure you're reading it right?

6. psycheskinner profile image84
      psycheskinnerposted 12 years ago

In any case, if you made over $50 by the end of last month, you will get it on about the 20th of this month.

7. relache profile image72
      relacheposted 12 years ago

Having looked at your Hubs and noticing how every one I looked at had many unrelated tags, I must confess, I seriously doubt your stated level of success money-wise.

I saw that too, deceptive tags aren't cool.

8. LeanMan profile image79
      LeanManposted 12 years ago

3000 with a third of the hubs less than a month old as well!!! Some going..... maybe there is a zero or two extra there somewhere!!

1. psycheskinner profile image84
        psycheskinnerposted 12 years agoin reply to this

...or three

9. paradigmsearch profile image61
      paradigmsearchposted 12 years ago

Traffic stats mistakenly perceived as dollars?

10. IzzyM profile image86
      IzzyMposted 12 years ago

I see the OP is using tags as some sort of way to attract search engines? I think. If it has earned her $3000 in just 6 months, then the rest of us are definitely missing something.

1. paradigmsearch profile image61
        paradigmsearchposted 12 years agoin reply to this

big_smile

Her 10K accolade clearly indicates that the technique doesn't work.big_smile Not only does tag spamming not work; all it does is get one in trouble with HP. Tough town, the internet.

11. sunforged profile image71
      sunforgedposted 12 years ago

No, Izzy, obviously tagging your article with search engine names doesnt make them come faster, lol , wouldnt that be cool!

I would bet its simply a misunderstanding about the purpose of the tags and not some devious "deceptive tag" ... rather than get all witch hunty , why not someone explain to her or link to an article or FAQ entry for how to use tags?

Relache is usually good for a link to the faq's t.. what happened this time?

Id bet 3k views is getting confused with 3k dollars. But, it is quite possible to make 3k in amazon with low traffic if you have some high cost items moving well... who knows!

Maybe she will come back and answer and see all these helpful responses

1. wilderness profile image94

Or maybe she added up all the RPM figures from adsense and figured that was the total earnings.

You can get some pretty high numbers when a day has 25 or 30 views and gets a $1 click! smile

12. IzzyM profile image86
      IzzyMposted 12 years ago

The OP has made mistakes with tags, but you know an accolade of 10k simply means she has over 10k views but less than 100k.

And she might well be due some money because she writes a lot about diabetes which is a high paying keyword.

Also her hub about why to take insulin is number 8 in Google for its title which is pretty good - didn't really look at the others.

But I doubt if she has earned $3000, unless she has another name or site she hasn't mentioned that is earning too.

13. MelissaBarrett profile image59
      MelissaBarrettposted 12 years ago

She seems to think that HP owes her the money, which would mean 3k dollars from HP Ads. Unless she is doing something very very different from everyone I have talked to, even 99,999 view from HP Ads would not equal 3000 dollars.

Neither does 200,000 views.  Trust me on this one! sad

1. profile image0

Mistake on the zeros, it was 30 dollars. Added to many 0's. Found my answer

lol  That'll do it!  Now if we can all convince the bank to see it that way...

2. relache profile image72

Half a million pageviews could get you about $2500 (your hub mileage may vary)

Made me a lot more than that.

But - I don't do tattoos. wink

1. relache profile image72

According to a post habee made recently, she almost $1000 in October with over 800 Hubs. Imagine how many pageviews that took...

I know how many page views that took. sad

Long time, Mark.

2. habee profile image92
              habeeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

But I do very little promotion for my hubs. Someone savvy like Mark works a lot smarter than I do.

2. paradigmsearch profile image61

Take that one to the bank, folks! For me, it is even less.

14. sunforged profile image71
      sunforgedposted 12 years ago

The paypal part does certainly suggest its an hpads question ... anyone know the email address for hpads help?

15. quotations profile image87
      quotationsposted 12 years ago

Can we see a screenshot of your hubpages account showing traffic and CPM. I suspect that you are misreading something.

I thinks that would violate some rule somewhere...

1. quotations profile image87
          quotationsposted 12 years agoin reply to this

You're right. Please ignore my request.

And so we do as is what was.

16. paradigmsearch profile image61

A human mind. Let it go.

17. paradigmsearch profile image61

Would like to talk about else?

18. paradigmsearch profile image61

copyrighted.

19. IzzyM profile image86
      IzzyMposted 12 years ago

The OP hasn't returned, but I wish she would.

She has been mistaken about how to use tags, and she must have been mistaken over this too.

But that does not make her a bad or a stupid person.

This community has always been good at helping each other, and we want to help the OP too.

Hey it's one thing we are good at! Let's keep it that way smile

1. habee profile image92
        habeeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I agree, Izzy.

2. Kangaroo_Jase profile image75
        Kangaroo_Jaseposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Quote Izzy,

'This community has always been good at helping each other, and we want to help the OP too'

Best damn thing Ive heard about Hubbers in general in months Izzy. smile

20. profile image0

Thanks for all the comments people. I appreciate it. I did miscalculate the earnings. It is 30 dollars and I have the answer now. Thanks, and adding search engines as tags is something I heard from another hubber to do. Is this wrong? Thanks all, very good replys.

1. galleryofgrace profile image70
        galleryofgraceposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Make sure the tags relate to the article .

21. profile image0

Thanks galleryofgrace, I am learning slowly. I appreciate your kindness.

1. profile image0
        PJ_Deneenposted 12 years agoin reply to this

You're very gracious.  Thank you for coming back and responding.

22. indian cooking profile image61
      indian cookingposted 12 years ago

I really hope that I make a payout every month. But as of now I take 2 months to make a HP Ad Payout.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
    Necessary
    HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
    LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
    Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
    AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
    Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
    CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
    Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
    Features
    Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
    Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
    Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
    Marketing
    Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
    Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
    Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
    Statistics
    Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
    ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
    ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)