Are these Lesbianism or gay, natural?

Jump to Last Post 1-13 of 13 discussions (38 posts)
  1. magodis profile image65
    magodisposted 12 years ago

I feel lesbians and gays are not natural because that relationship has no basic needs of sexual relationship. But the numbers are growing. What should be the drive for this?

1. passthejelly profile image70
      passthejellyposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Attention. It is just my opinion but I think that people just do it for illogical reasons such as this... It goes against human nature and has no real purpose to drive a species.  It is not found in any other species really, therefor  I believe it is developed consciously.

1. couturepopcafe profile image61
        couturepopcafeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I'm straight but I seriously think anyone would go through what gays are put through by society if they didn't have to.  And it does exist in the animal kingdom.  Studies of gorillas found all male colonies turned to homosexuality.  That's just one study.

1. mistyhorizon2003 profile image87
          mistyhorizon2003posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Agree, and male chimpanzees regularly use homosexual behaviour to submit to the alpha male or males higher up in the hierarchy in order to show respect (even in mixed sex groups).

1. Cardisa profile image89
            Cardisaposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Responding to Magodis. Before I proceed to read the other responses, I need to know what is the "basic need of sexual relationship" as you stated in your post?

2. Paul Wingert profile image60
      Paul Wingertposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Homosexuality is a natural part of nature and exists in 400+ species. It's no more than a choice than heteralsexuality. No one woke up one day and decided to like men or women.

3. recommend1 profile image59
      recommend1posted 12 years agoin reply to this

I see from your profile that you love humanity - so why are inviting homophobic attacks from bigoted small minded people ?  These homophobic threads are a disgrace and should be discouraged to the same extent that the resident homophobes should be re-educated.

1. LookingForWalden profile image60
        LookingForWaldenposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I don't know how it is all over the country but where I live it's densely populated and very progressive. I have five different races on my tiny street alone. One of my neighbors is gay.
        When I see these threads about mixed children or gay people it literally blows my mind how backwards some parts of our country are.
        They ask if it's acceptable or weird and I'm like let me drive down the street and ask one of the hundreds of kids.
        Or my gay neighbor or one of my bosses that's gay and married who adopted a kid last year.
        Thank god for liberal  media, fashion, music, video games, etc.
        How else can we convert your youth? big_smile

1. MelissaBarrett profile image58
          MelissaBarrettposted 12 years agoin reply to this

You can't really put it down to rural/metro population.  I live in Podunk, West Virginia and there isn't half of the bigotry and religious mania that one would think exists by using these forums as a ruler.

Racism and homophobia exists here, but it is really obvious in a certain group of people.  I hate to stereotype, but it's the 40-50 year old males and their cowed  mates, who are obviously uneducated holy rollers.

I've heard 80 year old tractor-driving bred-in-the bone baptists say things like "I don't guess I care what goes on in his bedroom, long as he pays his taxes".

I've wondered about this a lot, I came to the conclusion that the tight-knit communities judge "character" by the willingness of someone to work hard, help out, and be polite.  If someone is "odd", that doesn't really matter and we could care less about the specifics.

I didn't mean all rural people are like that, but I guarantee it's more prevalent.
            In rural places they aren't exposed to diversity as much so it's frightening.
            In densely populated areas it's everywhere, it's just life as usual. We're all still here living. Gays got married,no apocalypse or smiting.

Again im not speaking of absolutes. Nor am I saying the majority of people are bigoted in any populace.

1. MelissaBarrett profile image58
              MelissaBarrettposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I think you may be partially right, but I also subscribe to the *asshats are born, not bred* theory.

I don't believe that fundamentalism causes bigots, I believe bigots are drawn to the religion.  There is a certain personality that is just looking for a reason to hate someone.  The justification (either religion or "societal influence") is largely irrelevant.

In short, while lack of education or exposure may be partially to blame, what really decides how a person is going to react is the baseness of their personality.

You are very correct as I just did a research paper on fundamentalism and government.
                Many claim the reason for seeking out fundamentalism is because they don't want things to change, to progress.
                They have that mantra of a simpler time. All you needed was America and a bible.
                That's not gonna cut it anymore were falling behind other countries socially and scientifically because of this gimp leg we carry as a country.

I'm not worried, every generation gets better and better.

4. profile image0
      kimberlyslyricsposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I'm sorry but that is the smallest and dumbest comment I have ever heard go to someone's brain.  Clearly you want attention and chose this to be your platform?  I cannot play, and of course mean no disrespect.

2. psycheskinner profile image82
    psycheskinnerposted 12 years ago

Where you born straight? Are gay penguins turned gay by MTV? What about gay hedgehogs? Yes, both of these species and hundreds of other have homosexuality and many have exclusive homosexual pairs some if which will raise children.

Attention. It is just my opinion but I think that people are bigots for illogical reasons such as this... It goes against human nature and has no real purpose to drive a species.  It is not found in any other species really, therefor  I believe it is developed consciously.

3. profile image0
    Brenda Durhamposted 12 years ago

Attention.  I not only think, I know, that some people are way too quick to call someone else a bigot just for expressing a normal opinion.

I would say uneducated over bigot.

2. psycheskinner profile image82
      psycheskinnerposted 12 years agoin reply to this

A "normal" opinion that another type of person is unnatural--a.k.a. a prejudice, specifically homophobia.

1. profile image0
        Brenda Durhamposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Gee.  I wonder what liberals did with dictionaries before all those new Leftist words were put in 'em.  Ignored 'em apparently.

1. Mighty Mom profile image77
          Mighty Momposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Interesting you should mention dictionary and liberalism. Some things never change.

Noah Webster, "the" Webster of dictionary fame, a big proponent of education, found himself bombarded with all kinds of attacks from the Republicans.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Noah_Webster

As a Federalist spokesman, he was repeatedly denounced by the Jeffersonian Republicans as "a pusillanimous, half-begotten, self-dubbed patriot," "an incurable lunatic," and "a deceitful newsmonger ... Pedagogue and Quack."k

Webster, the consummate master of words, was distressed. Even the use of words like "the people," "democracy," and "equality" in public debate bothered him, for such words were "metaphysical abstractions that either have no meaning, or at least none that mere mortals can comprehend."\

2. LookingForWalden profile image60

Prejudice isn't leftist where I live it's what we call ignorant racist people.

With rhetoric like yours I'm suspecting you don't live near many minorities or homosexuals.

4. LookingForWalden profile image60
    LookingForWaldenposted 12 years ago

I believe 10% of all mammals exhibit homosexual behavior.

5. My Minds Eye53 profile image61
    My Minds Eye53posted 12 years ago

Not being gay or bi or black or Jewish, etc, how could I ever comprehend what it like to be one.  I say let God decide. As long as they are faithful and follow morals then who am I to judge?

Even if they aren't / don't, who are you to judge still?

God needs to judge about blacks and Jews?

2. couturepopcafe profile image61
      couturepopcafeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Ahhh...the question of morality.  Now there's a huge can of worms.

6. Mighty Mom profile image77
    Mighty Momposted 12 years ago

Question to OP: What in your mind is the opposite of natural?
    The only artificial thing about lesbians, gays, bisexuals and transgenders is having to act like something they are not and hide who they NATURALLY are in order not to get beat up by so-called NORMAL people.

Great comment MM, and summed it up nicely smile

1. Mighty Mom profile image77
        Mighty Momposted 12 years agoin reply to this

What's shakin', girlfriend? Great to see you!

And you MM, (big hugs and kisses if that is allowed here hmm ) long time no see smile

7. MelissaBarrett profile image58
    MelissaBarrettposted 12 years ago

Because I like boobies.

(hey, it's as intelligent of a reason for being bi as "being unnatural" is for looking down on me for it)

8. My Minds Eye53 profile image61
    My Minds Eye53posted 12 years ago

@LookingForWalden 2 hours ago:
    Even if they aren't / don't, who are you to judge still?

God needs to judge about blacks and Jews?

I didn't mean it that way and of course you shouldn't judge anyone.  I didn't express myself very well.  I am not a judgmental person.

I sincerely apologize for interpreting you wrongly.

9. profile image0
    Princess Pittposted 12 years ago

People who are not Homosexuals will never knew....they keep on judging and frowning...and whatever they want to think about it.

Gays, are born gays. Period. They care, they make friends, they communicate because they love too.

BUt they are the prejudice in our society....by people who lack understanding and that what makes them sensitive, most gay MEN are successful as an adult bcuz they are mock in their childhood.

My Gay male friend are the best best friends in the world...they are so lively...and they make me alive. They are very strong people because they are used to it..and they know the discrimination. I very often saw an unhappy gay Men in my life. Or never at all.

So, they are full of LOVE.
    But they're not getting in to heaven because they're gay?Funny.

10. mistyhorizon2003 profile image87
    mistyhorizon2003posted 12 years ago

I so hate people who are prejudiced as if they think they are so superior to others. I know so many wonderfully happy gay people who are not attention seeking in any way. At least two couples I know are in the 'more mature' age group, and have been together years (both all male couples in these examples). They are refined and decent people who don't make a big deal out of being gay, and simply quietly go about their lives like any heterosexual couple would.

1. OldSkoolFool profile image60
      OldSkoolFoolposted 12 years agoin reply to this

"I so hate people who are prejudiced" - Quite the prejudiced statement! Hating others... tisk tisk.

11. gamergirl profile image86
    gamergirlposted 12 years ago

So, I'm guessing today is another day of gay, lesbian, and/or trans* bashing, huh?

We're all human, people.  That's all that matters.  The rest of it, unless it directly affects you, isn't something to get riled up about, much less sling insults about.

This is my first one.
      My head is spinning
      I think I'm a man now.

12. bubbybumps profile image60
    bubbybumpsposted 12 years ago

I think people cannot help who they are attracted to, I personally could never see myself being with another woman but I do believe that it is natural, people are going to love who ever they love, they can't help it

13. Lady_E profile image62
    Lady_Eposted 12 years ago

How can you say: "I feel lesbians and gays are not natural"? 

Do you feel what they feel?

I am not Gay or Lesbian, neither do I swing both ways, but now we live in a world whereby, we should just leave people be - as long as they are not hurting anyone. Cheers...

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)