What is your opinion on the issue of gay/lesbian relationships and gay marriage?

Jump to Last Post 1-19 of 19 discussions (19 posts)
  1. Kharisma1980 profile image76
    Kharisma1980posted 14 years ago

What is your opinion on the issue of gay/lesbian relationships and gay marriage?

2. arrow007 profile image60
    arrow007posted 14 years ago

Everybody has right to live as they choose. I think there is no point in interfering in someones relationships.

When it comes to marriage I believe it should be between two people of opposite sex.

3. DavitosanX profile image60
    DavitosanXposted 14 years ago

Why shouldn't they be able to marry? That means they're willing to make their relationship socially official and that they assume the legal responsibilities of such union. Seems sound to me.

4. kal102387 profile image61
    kal102387posted 14 years ago

I understand why people get affended about the same sex marriage, because god made adam and eve not adam and adam. But for me it doesnt bother me, its all up to the people that are gay or that is a lesbian. Alot of people dont want to accpect it, screw them. they should past gay marriage in all states.

5. Raven1001 profile image61
    Raven1001posted 14 years ago

More power to 'em.
    I just have never understood why people get so angry about this. I respect anyone's right to not agree.  If you don't believe in it, then you don't do it, you don't run around and force everyone else to do what you think is right.
    I don't believe in giving small children alot of sugar filled snacks because it affects their health and behaviour ,but that doesn't mean I'm gonna mount a public protest calling you an evil irresponsible parent.
    It's thought taking the lord's name in vain is wrong, but you don't get to chuck people in jail for doing it.
    Adultery is addressed in the commadments, how come there's not march on washington to stop IT?

6. anandpokar profile image59
    anandpokarposted 14 years ago

The same as my opinion on the issue of straight relationships and straight marriage.

May you find someone who you love and spend the rest of your happy lives together.

7. profile image0
    TransScribblerposted 14 years ago

Here in Australia, the Federal Government unconstitutionally and undemocratically involved itself in the governing of the ACT to overturn that Territory's same sex marriage laws. But there are bigger same sex inequality issues in this country.

8. profile image0
    RollerbladerDCposted 14 years ago

I don't think it is about gay marriage or not.  Its about having equal rights, hospital visitation rights if your partner gets sick and equal rights to the things you accumulated while together if one partner passes on.  It is scary if something happens to the person you love and you not only don't get to see them if they are in the hospital, but if they die you may lose everything you owned and worked for while together.  Its equal rights, health benefits with companies, etc... not the word marriage.

9. the pink umbrella profile image75
    the pink umbrellaposted 14 years ago

I am so happy for anyone who finds love. 2 consenting adults should be able to marry anyone they choose.

10. Astra Nomik profile image65
    Astra Nomikposted 13 years ago

Quite simply...one half of the world does not understand the pleasures of the other half. And there is a saying somewhere...poor is the person who's Love depends on the permission of another. (Heard it quoted in a Madonna song one time.)

I am in favor of it since Love is Love - no matter what the gender. How many times have we seen two people in a tortured existence because their families or society or some one somewhere objected to them being together. I know how families can feel a shame of having someone gay in their family. But that does not mean the person should be loved any less.

A person who is gay cannot change who they are. And if they want to spend the rest of their life with someone they love, then they will find a way to do it.

Tolerance is not a weakness, it is a strength, and a sign of liberal openness. As for marrying, marriage is a commitment. I respect any two gay people who are committed to each other. So I don't see why they should not cement their relationship. It brings stability to things.

11. safiq ali patel profile image67
    safiq ali patelposted 13 years ago

If this is what gay men and women want for their lives then who am I to object. Let them.

12. profile image0
    Motown2Chitownposted 13 years ago

Please, before you attack me like a piece of meat thrown into a pack of wild dogs, hear me out.....

Some of us don't agree with legalizing gay "marriage."  It is our belief that marriage is an institution entered into by members of the opposite sex for spiritual and emotional reasons. 

That said, some of us, while not agreeing with gay "marriage" fully support gay civil unions, outside of a religious setting.  I firmly believe that two individuals who live a life together and love each other similar to the way a married couple would should have every LEGAL right that the married couple has.....hospital visitation, power of attorney, inheritance rights, tax breaks, etc. 

I personally entered into marriage as a sacrament.  It was an action precipitated by love and religious belief.  Gay "marriage" is not a sacramental possibility.  But the last time I checked, the LAW does not govern a person's sacramental life. 

So, domestic partnerships?  Hooray!  Legal gay civil unions - similar to common law marriages?  By all means. 

That's my take on the issue, for what it's worth.

13. Everyday Miracles profile image85
    Everyday Miraclesposted 13 years ago

The issue of gay marriage isn't one of whether or not gays have the right to get married, but whether or not marriage is a right at all. read more

14. sholland10 profile image84
    sholland10posted 13 years ago

I believe gay/lesbians need to be looked at for who they are, not their sexual orientation.

http://hubpages.com/hub/Christians-Reaction-to-Gays

Don't worry, I am a Christian who believes in unconditional love, not judging.

15. profile image0
    icountthetimesposted 12 years ago

It is said that love conquers all. In thirty years time people won't be asking what people think of gay marriage, because it will be accepted and the majority of people won't have a problem with it anymore. The effort that people invest in trying to hinder with peoples' happiness is staggering to me.

16. recappers delight profile image69
    recappers delightposted 12 years ago

I think it's inevitable.  I think this is the pressing civil rights issue of our time, and eventually, the taboo will fall just as the taboo against interracial marriage did.

17. profile image49
    M394m4nposted 11 years ago

1. It's completely natural for us to see and feel the way we do. 2. You wouldn't understand because your not one of us. 3.  The constitution supports us. 4.  Those who object are apart of the past and not be apart of a movement that will create and inspire a greater society. 5. Someone done unhinged the closet door and here we come baby lol!

18. JynBranton profile image70
    JynBrantonposted 6 years ago

I have quite a few gay friends and two transgender friends. I have no issues with gay marriage. Everyone should be allowed the same freedoms and human rights.

19. profile image51
    Christafayeposted 6 years ago

I fill on the gay lesbian relationship that they are happy im thinking im either gay or bisexual i am a crossdresser and want to become mtf and finally be happy but everybody deserves to be happy

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)