Poor Herman Cain - New Woman Claims she had a 13 year Affair with Him

Jump to Last Post 1-8 of 8 discussions (30 posts)
  1. 2besure profile image79
    2besureposted 12 years ago

I kind a feel sorry for the poor guy.  I don't think he would be foolish enough to run for president knowing he had all this stuff in the closet.  I wonder if his closest competitor, Mitt is digging up this dirt on Cain.

1. couturepopcafe profile image60
      couturepopcafeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

He must have been a really busy guy.  It's a wonder he had any time to run any businesses with all his alledged philandering.

1. habee profile image92
        habeeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

For real! Also, he was battling cancer. This guy must be super-human!

2. 2besure profile image79
        2besureposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I would never vote for him.  If these allegation are true, he is a real slime ball.

2. Evan G Rogers profile image60
      Evan G Rogersposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Don't feel sorry for him - he's just running so that he'll be able to sell books.

All this controversy is helping him out. Did you notice that no one was talking about him for 2 weeks or so? Why didn't this lady jump on the "Cain molested me" bandwagon a month ago?

I am sure he will find a way to capitalize on the attention.

2. Mighty Mom profile image77
        Mighty Momposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Um, maybe she didn't feel like she belonged in that group of Cain detractors? smile
        That was the "Herman Cain sexually MOLESTED me" bandwagon.
        This a different  bandwagon.
        This is the "Herman Cain sexual INFIDELITY" bandwagon.

The timing could be coincidental, or it could well be less about Herman Cain himself than about focusing voter attention on the issue of marital infidelity.
        And which currently front-running GOP candidate can't help but get dragged into the spotlight on infidelity?
        Hmmmmmm.
        Somebody paid this woman to come forward and come forward NOW.
        And it wasn't the National Restaurant Association lol

1. Evan G Rogers profile image60
          Evan G Rogersposted 12 years agoin reply to this

"And which currently front-running GOP candidate can't help but get dragged into the spotlight on infidelity?"

I got yer answer: Ron "the faithful" Paul.

He married his high school honey bunny and has stuck with her for some 50+ years (at least).

1. Mighty Mom profile image77

Actually, I meant Gingrich. This is a very back-handed way of "somebody" bringing the current darling boy's past (many, egregious) marital indiscretions into the light without being ham-handed about it.

They haven't started picking on your guy Ron Paul because he's not (yet?) a front-runner threat. If/when his turn at arrives, be sure "they" will dig up something. Unless he happens to be the intended GOP candidate and they haven't copped to that yet...

2. 2besure profile image79

It was probably Mitt that paid her to come forward, but not look where he is.  While he was worried about Cain, Newt was gaining on him!  LOL

2. profile image57
    Arcjahadposted 12 years ago

I think it's a ploy by those who don't want he to get the nomination so far none of the accusers have put up anything concrete and it's kind of strange that the other two women have disappeared and then a new person shows up

1. carol3san profile image59
      carol3sanposted 12 years agoin reply to this

The other 2 women have not disappeared, they got a full year pay from the national restaurant association because of the alleged sexual harrassment charges against Herman Cane. The 3rd woman that came out (who is a REPUBLICAN) made her case, and her boyfriend (who also is a REPUBLICAN) came out later and backed her up.  They didn't do it for the money, they only wanted to expose him for who he is.   He disrespects women and makes inappropriate advances to them.  Now there is another woman who alleges that there was a 13 year affair between them.  Could all of these women be liars?  I doubt it seriously.  That type of behavior is not fitting for anyone who wants to become the president of the U.S.A.

1. Repairguy47 profile image60
        Repairguy47posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Yes! They all could be liars and more directly they probably are liars. Democrats love these kind of political moves, unless its their guy, then its nobody's business. If they didn't do it for the money then why did they take the money?

3. emrldphx profile image60
    emrldphxposted 12 years ago

Herman Cain stole my golf clubs right before my qualification round for the US Open!

1. carol3san profile image59
      carol3sanposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Demorcates don't defend such gross misconduct.  When a democrate is in trouble for sexual harrassment or any other problem, normally, you won't hear other democrates defending it.  John Edwards and Eric Weiner are the latest 2 that come to mind.

1. habee profile image92

Oh, I think there's probably some truth to the allegations. I just don't see how he had time to fit in everything!

I am beginning to think the allegations are true as well.  The woman seems at first glance to be credible.  Now I heard she has phone records.  Poor Ms. Cain.

2. Ralph Deeds profile image65
        Ralph Deedsposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Don't forget Newt Gingrich.

3. habee profile image92

Ted Kennedy? Bill Clinton?

4. rlaframboise profile image57
    rlaframboiseposted 12 years ago

I don't particularly like him either, but it is funny what the left wing has done to a serious right wing threat from a black man. He would make an exponentially better president than the current joke of a president we currently have in America. And I thought it couldn't get worse than George W. Bush! I would rather have Obama spending more time philandering and less time ruining the country! What a horrific president we have.

If 90% of blacks support the absolute failure of Obama and at least half of that supports him because hes black, then at least we should see more support for a black American who has actually achieved something in his life and who was actually raised in a real "African-American" household and not spoon fed and pampered on his way to the top.

Obama is a private school educated liberal academic that has had every advantage afforded to the most affluent of society and people expected him to understand or care about the underclass? This guy never even really worked a day in his life like the rest of us!

I agree with the eloquent Thomas Sowell when he said "Herman Cain is "blacker" than Barack Obama" by American cultural standards at least. It is terrible if Herman Cain really committed all of these serious allegations, what I am surprised to learn is that the Democratic rank in file is affected by these moral character flaws in Herman Cain but so defensive of Bill Clinton. 

If Herman Cain was a liberal, most of you would be circling the wagons as well as the media, but I guess you all hold conservatives to a higher standard because they are usually better people who actually struggled to make it to where they are.

Why would liberals at this point lift a finger or spend even one dollar to bring down Herman Cain? The GOP isn't done cannibalizing its own field of candidates yet.
      The Democrats are just biding their time to see which one of the fly-by-night GOP candidates will be the last one standing to face Obama.

Sex scandals only count when they involve holier-than-thou religious right so-called family values who really only want to control women's reproductive rights hypocrites.

1. rlaframboise profile image57
        rlaframboiseposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Obviously you are not aware of the Mitt vs. Mitt ads that are running in 6 of the early states currently. The Democrat party is very much involved in swaying the tide of the Republican primary.

That said, I do not put it past the GOP to destroy Cain, I actually understand how politics work.

What some say is reproductive rights, others say is legalized murder of a soon-to-be human being. It is a matter of perspective thats what makes it controversial.

People who are actually religious and moral are actually "holier-than-thou" by definition. I don't claim to be, but think about it; is the opposition "holier-than-thou" by comparison? I think you would be hardpressed to suggest otherwise.

Personal freedom should be the goal of both sides in the federal government, but obviously there is a debate as to what that actually entails and both sides fail miserably in some areas.

People who purport to be holier-than-thou are not holy.
          They are sanctimonious.
          There are a lot of social issues besides the "a" word. On a range of humanitarian and love/tolerance issues I see (regularly) so-called "Christians" here on HP espouse distinctly anti-Christian opinions.
          Some people hide behind a badge of being "Christian" and maybe they do actually read the bible.
          But they missed the main message, and it's really simple.
          What would Jesus do?

I am not directing this comment at you, btw. Just a general observation.

Back to Dems v. Cain. How many anti-Cain ads have you seen that are paid for by Dems? I've seen 0.

2. Barbara Kay profile image74
      Barbara Kayposted 12 years agoin reply to this

riaframboise, I think you should check your facts. Obama was raised in a poor household and went to college on a scholarship, because of his own academic achievement. He told one time how he slept on the streets his first night because he didn't have the money to rent a room and he got there too late to stay in his dorm room.

He also told about how he and Michelle lived in an apartment before he earned the money from the book he wrote and had problems making ends meet.

Spoon fed? I think you better get your facts straight. Not a word you say is true!

1. rlaframboise profile image57
        rlaframboiseposted 12 years agoin reply to this

What about going to private school? What about living abroad and attending school as a child in Indonesia? Oh yea, all the poor kids in the ghetto get that kind of upbringing. Please.

5. Alecia Murphy profile image71
    Alecia Murphyposted 12 years ago

Herman Cain should just drop out. Barring the allegations of sexual misconduct, he can't answer simple questions about foreign policy without stammering (not unlike Rick Perry and federal departments) and he has no relevant political experience. People were so quick to jump on Obama's lack of experience, but at least he served in a few offices. What has Cain done politically to prove his leadership?

That aside, I don't know who is actually pulling the strings to have all of these women come out and accuse him of these allegations but the general circumstances of the situation lead me to think he doesn't respect women. Or if he does, he is very awkward around any woman who he's not related or married to.

Mighty Mom, I think you're right about Gingrich- he has all of a sudden come from way behind to right below Romney and I wouldn't be surprised if he had something to do with this Cain thing.

6. Reality Bytes profile image75
    Reality Bytesposted 12 years ago

Herman Cain Suspends His Campaign

As of today, with a lot of prayer and soul searching, I am suspending my presidential campaign,” Mr. Cain said at a rally here, surrounded by supporters chanting his name. “Because of the continued distractions, the continued hurt caused on me and my family, not because we are not fighters. Not because I’m not a fighter.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/12/04/us/po … paign.html

7. carol3san profile image59
    carol3sanposted 12 years ago

I say, amen!!  Herman cain is officially toast.

1. Reality Bytes profile image75
      Reality Bytesposted 12 years agoin reply to this

He will not be the President but he will be endorsing and campaigning for someone else soon.  My prediction ===== Newt Gingrich

8. DIY Backlinks profile image58
    DIY Backlinksposted 12 years ago

Just shows you we can't ever get a common man in the white house.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)