How long did your plunge last?

Jump to Last Post 151-167 of 167 discussions (703 posts)
  1. skyfire profile image79
    skyfireposted 12 years ago

Traditional SEO == "White-hat White collar" Professional talks and getting lucky with borderline gray hat stuff. Like it or not Current G algorithm is effed up, no site remains on first place in same geo region for top keywords in aff.marketing world. That explains everything.

http://www.seobook.com/brand-vs-affiliate-vs-spam

1. profile image0
      EmpressFelicityposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Bingo! Why am I not at all surprised to read this?

Worth reading the comments section too, especially the bit about capitalism near the bottom lol

2. profile image0
    SirDentposted 12 years ago

Four red arrows and only 5 blue ones at this time.  Things are looking up.  tongue

3. Stacie L profile image88
    Stacie Lposted 12 years ago

I've had great traffic the past few weeks but my best one is Halloween related and fear the traffic will disappear..hope not.

4. psycheskinner profile image84
    psycheskinnerposted 12 years ago

I am plunging again. [Sob].

1. profile image0
      SirDentposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Sorry to hear that.  Mine is doing the same as it has since Sept. 6.

2. Rik Ravado profile image86
      Rik Ravadoposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Me too! My secondary account plunged to virtually zero from 14th-16th Oct then came back up again (This was Panda 2.5.2?).  The same account is now plunging rapidly again - traffic dropped by 50% today.  My primary account Rik Ravado seems OK, however.

5. Ms Chievous profile image66
    Ms Chievousposted 12 years ago

I am having another surge in traffic.. From 250 to over 800 views in 24 hours.. go figure..

1. Richieb799 profile image74
      Richieb799posted 12 years agoin reply to this

I've been getting around 2,700 views a day for the last 2 weeks, mainly from my all time best hub...not settling with this though..I'm making precautions for January when advertisers pay less.

1. Sinea Pies profile image62
        Sinea Piesposted 12 years agoin reply to this

That is fabulous! Congratulations Richieb799

6. profile image0
    SirDentposted 12 years ago

My traffic has picked up around 400% today.  Hopefully everyone else has seen the same increase.

1. michifus profile image56
      michifusposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I have seen an 800% increase in 2 days. My entire account appears to be out of the sandbox. long may it last

2. toygurus profile image55
      toygurusposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Mine too. Did anyone change anything?

1. profile image0

The only difference is the HubPages poetry contest started but those new poetry hubs are getting little traffic.

7. barryrutherford profile image75
    barryrutherfordposted 12 years ago

Ten Month's since mid January till now.  Until January there are been a faily constant rise since I started three-four years ago.

8. Ms Chievous profile image66
    Ms Chievousposted 12 years ago

I just don't get it.  Google has been soooo nice to me over the past week and now my page views have plummeted.  It seems I get to be in Google's good graces about once a month.

1. profile image0

Sorry to hear that.  Izzy is still in the plunge and has been since August.  I have no clue as to how to help.

1. Ms Chievous profile image66
        Ms Chievousposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I know she i s..I contacted her to see if she had a surge like i did ..

9. IzzyM profile image86
    IzzyMposted 12 years ago

And after all that stuff about not bothering to write any more hubs that I posted yesterday, I just put another one up today!

It's like an addiction, Hubpages, I just can't seem to leave it alone even when I'm getting no Google love!

10. profile image0
    girly_girl09posted 12 years ago

I have pretty much given up...I've held on for months in the hopes that things would magically change, but they've continued to spiral downwards. sad

I'm down to 300 views a day, as opposed to thousands. I used to make almost $500/month (now I make about $100 a month between adsense and amazon - combined!), and last Christmas, I made over $1000k on Amazon between November and December (this year I made about $125). My numbers continue to plummet and most of my hubs are copied at this point and I figure why waste time sending out DMCA notices.

Sigh...knew it was too good to be true but I was glad to have the income for a year or so!

1. IzzyM profile image86
      IzzyMposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Did you plunge on August 10th too, girly_girl?

It is highly demotivating to say the least to find ourselves in this position, and to not know why!

Even the subdomains have failed to separate the chaff from the wheat as I have seen some really crap hubs rise to the top.

Last Christmas I earned at least 3 times as much as this year.

I guess I am lucky in that I have a small group of hubs that have held up, and they are sales hub so all in not lost.

But my adsense earnings, even with hubads combined, have gone through the floor compared to year ago.

I suppose we just have to sit tight and hope Google releases an update to put our hubs back where they were.

Yes the DMCA thing seems hardly worth it, but I HATE seeing the scrapers steal success at my expense. All of them are ranked higher than my hubs.

11. Eleanor's Words profile image94
    Eleanor's Wordsposted 12 years ago

I have also given up with this account. Plunged on August 10 with one surge that lasted two days since. I have another account which has not plunged, but does not make much money because it is much less commercial. A couple of my hubs I have moved from here to there, but I am dubious of doing that too often incase I cause that account to plunge too. Had a great Christmas with amazon last year, but virtually made nothing this year - $40 this month compared to a few hundred last year.

12. andyoz profile image86
    andyozposted 12 years ago

Oh No!!!  It's finally hit me!  I've been doing so well for months on Hubpages, today my stats are plummeting.  I have checked some of my biggest hubs and they have vanished off Google!  I don't know what to do!

1. lobobrandon profile image88
      lobobrandonposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Hey andyoz one of my hubs vanished off as well. I use cute rank and it was climbing steadily from rank 10 up and today boom boom boom all the way out into space!!

But, my other hubs are still doing fine (getting their usual 3 views a day!! tongue)

2. IzzyM profile image86
      IzzyMposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Andy, you might be lucky and maybe it will only last a few days.

When it's been going on 5 months like it has for some of us, THEN you'll be crying.

I am really sorry to hear it all the same.

1. andyoz profile image86
        andyozposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Thanks Izzy

13. LindaSmith1 profile image60
    LindaSmith1posted 12 years ago

I just found this link that tells you if your url to blog, etc is in Google sandbox  It is free.
    http://www.searchenginegenie.com/sandbox-checker.htm

1. profile image0

If my profile page was sandboxed, would my traffic still be higher than it ever was before?  That site tells me my site is sandboxed, yet my traffic is higher than ever at this time.   I wouldn't trust it.

2. andyoz profile image86

I just tried using this......  I got the response, 'Google is blocked your IP.... Please try again after some time.'

14. LindaSmith1 profile image60

Where is most of traffic coming from, more than likely from hub pages members.

1. profile image0

Most of my traffic is coming from Google.

15. Pcunix profile image89
    Pcunixposted 12 years ago

I never had a plunge at HP, but I had and have a major post Panda plunge at my main site.

As best as I can tell, most of it - maybe all - is "trickle down Panda".  That is, I lost some very old and very juicy links to my pages as webmasters worried about Panda cleaned up THEIR sites.

There's no "recovery" from that.  It could take years to get back links as valuable and years more for them to age.  I have given up any hope of that site recovering and am putting the major part of my efforts into HP.

1. andyoz profile image86

I was doing something similar.  So when Google hits your hubpages account it's pretty hard to stomach!

1. profile image0

That is a bug of that site.  To find out if you are in the search engine do a search for your profile page.  I took the liberty and this is what is shown.

https://www.google.com/search?aq=f& … mp;bih=589

16. LindaSmith1 profile image60

This info is over a year old, but it does explain the google sandbox theory

http://www.bigoakinc.com/seo-articles/g … effect.php

17. LindaSmith1 profile image60

Dent read the article about google sandbox theory. It might help.  I guess the bottom line boils down to us writing a great paper for class and the instructor gives us a C- when we think it should get a B, and then we read the crap by other students that instructor gave an A or B to.

We can not figure out how a teacher's head works any better than we can figure out Google.  All we can do is follow their guidlines, and hope for the best.  I am going to try an experiment. I am eliminating one of my blog sites from Free traffic exchange even though I have already eliminated adsense from it, and see what happens. 

Andy, when you see that message, check later cause it could be a glitch,, maybe reboot computer, clear cookies etc first as well.  But in most cases it means Google has de-indexed you.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)