Speak from experience not from religion

Jump to Last Post 1-5 of 5 discussions (15 posts)
  1. mischeviousme profile image60
    mischeviousmeposted 12 years ago

Religion is not an experience, it is an indoctrination and there is nothing original about using it to describe something. Your heart is in the right place, but your mind is not. I am not religious, but I am of religion and I do not use scripture unless I have no choice and usually it is to prove a point. I cannot stand false piety and I really cannot stand people thinking that they know something because of it. Just admit that it is a belief and that you know nothing and people will be more likely to take you seriously.

2. ddsurfsca profile image71
    ddsurfscaposted 12 years ago

congratulations, I am there with you.  I personally think that there will be people in every denomination and church that will be in the group of gods chosen, and that church gives people a false sense of security when it comes to being spiritual. 
    We should live our religous beliefs, not preach them or try to prove anything by them.  The only right belief is the one in your own heart that you live by.
    I have seen miracles, and those I must believe and I have given myself to God, ahd He accepted me, and those experiences are real, only to me probably, but if others give it a try they will see for themselves.
    Very well put, and I thank you.

mischeviousmeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

And I thank you. One does not know because they think they do. I must admit that I know nothing before I can learn anything. I think that people should carry that with them when they follow a religion, it will make the experience that much more rewarding.

3. ddsurfsca profile image71

I think that many people like to come onto these religous forums only to argue and to prove to somebody, mostly themselves that they are right, and everybody who believes differently are wrong.  There is no discussion in these forums that are real for nobody really converses, only puts others down and name call and nothing is ever achieved or discovered or even learned about anything.  It is a fighting forum meant only to keep all the arguements there I think.  Little is actually discovered or learned about the spiritual world. or the differences in beliefs.

I agree. I have been taking both sides for so long though, that it has opened my eyes and I see more clearly about things than I ever had in the past. It helped me to find a way to talk to others and to relate to my self. I thank all that have argued with me and all that agreed. Life is precious and so is everyone and everything on earth. I have found peace and I want to share it.

4. Kyle Payne profile image60
    Kyle Payneposted 12 years ago

My religion, as some may call it, is not a religion. I have a relationship and it is monitored only with the Bible. I am a Biblicist.

Why be into an ism, when one can be into all things?

1. Kyle Payne profile image60
        Kyle Payneposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Cause some things are wrong, mostly.

You have missed the meaning my words. I am saying to be part of the greater whole, for you see, even a thief can become enlightened.

1. Kyle Payne profile image60
            Kyle Payneposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Greater whole of what?

It. Be part of the universe, the greatest it of all. I can only say this in so many words, for my understanding of words is limited. To me they are only sounds we make that others of our kind understand. I am saying that all of what we think we know is nonsense, unless it is what we know of ourselve's. If I can understand my own workings a little better, then I can function as myself and be understood by it. I am trying to be one with all things and desire can be a barrier.

2. A Troubled Man profile image58
      A Troubled Manposted 12 years agoin reply to this

No, it is a religion and you are religious, by definition.

5. ddsurfsca profile image71

Please let me clarify, as for myself, I am not religious, I am spiritual.  I do not go to church, nor do I think that going to church is altogether a good thing for it tends to allow people to feel a false sense of security or being alright with God because they attend, when God really wants us to live our "religion". 
    I am not religious, but a spiritual being.

Thus you are being as you feel you should be, which is as pure as feeling should be. The feeling should be in the now and not of the ideas from then. This is the true meaning of being. Every word I speak is now and in turn, it fades to then. Live in the now for yourself, just be mindful of now and everyone else in the now.

2. A Troubled Man profile image58
      A Troubled Manposted 12 years agoin reply to this

You are religious, by definition. Going to church has nothing to do with it.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)