Goodbye Cris A!

Jump to Last Post 1-34 of 34 discussions (57 posts)
  1. cindyvine profile image70
    cindyvineposted 12 years ago

When I joined Hubpages 3 years ago it was Cris A who was the first one to comment on my hubs.  We had a lot of fun on Hubpages in those days.  Many of those hubbers have gone on to other things, or don't post here so much anymore.  Cris A still popped in from time to time, but was never as active as he had been in earlier times.  However, we formed a firm friendship which lasted until his death yesterday morning.  Cris A supported all his friends in their writing - articles, books, poetry.  He was one of the nicest, most supportive people you'd ever find on the net.  Cris was highly creative and talented.  An absolute whiz with Photoshop.  He designed many of my book covers.  Many of you might never have been lucky enough to meet him here, but those of you who did will agree with me that the world has lost something very good.  Cris A was only 33 and a diabetic.  It was the diabetes which eventually conquered him.
    Cris A will be sorely missed.  The only thing that gives me comfort is knowing that he will be so busy in heaven photoshopping images to create portraits of the angels.  RIP Cris.

1. Shalini Kagal profile image54
      Shalini Kagalposted 12 years agoin reply to this

He will be sorely missed indeed! He touched so many lives, Cindy. RIP Cris.

2. manlypoetryman profile image81
      manlypoetrymanposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Cris A is already missed. I did not expect this kind of news when I opened this thread. So sorry to hear this news. Like Cindyvine, he was one of the first Hubbers to comment on my work. I believe he was interviewed around the time I entered onto the Hubpage scene? I just remember reading his work, and seeing the images he had on display...and wanting my work to be as good as Cris A's. He was always a very positive person to comment with...and he had done a recent Forum Post lately...telling how he would be back more active on Hubpages.

The simple truth is that he is well-remembered...and will live on here at HP with what he has done. He will be missed...greatly!

3. Daniel Carter profile image63
      Daniel Carterposted 12 years agoin reply to this

You and Cris, Cindy, along with Shalini, Mark, and one or two others were the first people I fell in love with when I came to HP. I could only hope that I might be as great a writer as any of you. And as I got to know all of you more, I fell in love with you as human beings, unique, insightful, thoughtful, along with proper doses of sassy, irreverent, and fun.

It seems odd to a few of my real-world friends that I grieve the loss of a cyber friend. But I don't think they have invested themselves as many of us have in each other, reading, understanding, encouraging, critiquing, rallying around, and forming these incredible alliances nearly a complete planet away from each other and still feeling these remarkable connections, synergy and appreciation and love.

THAT is the thing the surprises me most. That CONNECTION we have formed. HP opened my eyes, my life and my heart. But the real thing that happened was that I realized that people everywhere are not so far removed from me that I can't love them no matter where they are for their humanity, gifts, and talents.

And that's why I've cried my tears for Cris and Earnest, and why I feel connected to so many other great hubbers and friends I've never met the whole world over.

1. SomewayOuttaHere profile image60
        SomewayOuttaHereposted 12 years agoin reply to this

...from your heart, sweet man....

4. Freya Cesare profile image77
      Freya Cesareposted 12 years agoin reply to this

This is so sad. So Cris A. has gone? Rest in peace, dear friend. We will miss you a lot. sad

5. IntimatEvolution profile image69
      IntimatEvolutionposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I am saddened by this news.   I will miss him dearly.   I love his hubs.  I love history and his hubs are a wealth of information on art.  This makes me so sad.  Bummer....

2. profile image0
    Feline Prophetposted 12 years ago

He is certainly going to bring joy in other dimensions! We will miss him...

3. Uninvited Writer profile image80
    Uninvited Writerposted 12 years ago

Here is another thread highlighting some of his artwork and writing

http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/91278

4. cindyvine profile image70

He was so talented, with his graphic design and his poetry.  Thanks for putting in the link to the other thread!

5. Uninvited Writer profile image80
    Uninvited Writerposted 12 years ago

It is so sad. I'm shocked to know he was exactly the same age as a guy I knew who died of complications due to diabetes. We forget how dangerous it really is.

6. cindyvine profile image70

Yeah, I am wondering if he had an inkling he was going early as was it in November that he was asking people for photos he could play around with to create personal portraits for them.

1. Candie V profile image61
      Candie Vposted 12 years agoin reply to this

It was one batch of many he did.. I believe he was just doing more of what he loved.. for the people he loved.. I miss him.

7. leahlefler profile image96
    leahleflerposted 12 years ago

Oh, this news breaks my heart. What a talented man and diabetes is a beast - my thoughts and prayers go out to his family.

8. cindyvine profile image70

I have just shown some of Cris's poems to one of the English teachers at our school, and he is going to do a lesson around them.  So the legend of Cris will live on and perhaps inspire some other kids to write poetry.

1. emievil profile image67
      emievilposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Cindy, I'm sorry to ask this and I hope you don't mind, but have you contacted his family about sharing his poems to other people? I'm pretty sure they won't mind but I don't think anybody among us can do anything without them knowing. If Cris is still alive, we will ask his permission, yes? Since he's no longer with us, his works online technically belong to them.

1. mistyhorizon2003 profile image88
        mistyhorizon2003posted 12 years agoin reply to this

I can't imagine this would be a problem Emievil as the same  teacher and class could just as easily read Cris's poetry on a computer here on Hubpages. It isn't as if the poems are going to be published somewhere else without permission for profit.

1. emievil profile image67
          emievilposted 12 years agoin reply to this

It's not really much on the profit misty but more on giving them the right to decide with whom and where they want to share Cris' poetry.

As I said, I don't think they will mind but what if they do and they pull out his poetry here?

Not sure if I can explain myself properly with this. It's online and I know anybody can read his poetry online and we can share them but heck... I don't know, just have this feeling or something I guess.

I'm planning to attend his wake this week (he will be buried on Sunday), maybe I can bring this up? May be insensitive of me but that will be my only chance to ask them personally.

1. Haunty profile image75
            Hauntyposted 12 years agoin reply to this

emievil, Cris was always very generous with his gifts and talent. What he gave he gave freely and with love.

However, he was also very polite and considerate with regard to sharing the works of people that he knew. He did ask for permission and made sure that the person knew he would understand if it was not granted.

That said, I believe it's a good idea to ask the family about this - if nothing else it's a nice gesture.

2. VioletSun profile image80
            VioletSunposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Last night as I mentioned in Facebook, I saved two of his hub articles in Word as I wonder if Hubpages will keep his account open and we will lose his work. I think asking his family to save and print his work is a good idea. His writings are a part of his soul.

1. I*n*v*i*c*t*u*s profile image60
              I*n*v*i*c*t*u*sposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I have notoriously saved Cris' poetry on word doc's for a very long time... I did so because he was notorious for editing and changing poems from his first publishing...I loved to compare the changes. HA! And I confessed to Cris that I had the originals when he made changes and further ended up republishing on his website poems I knew from the past yet he re-worked. He was quite fine with me saving his works and I feel it filled him with joy for us to have such awe and endearment for his works.

Personally, I feel Cris would be honoured to have a class of English students study his work. Kinda like we study the likes of Pablo Nueruda, Walt Whitman, etc....Words were as Cris said "like a second skin" to him...he has made such an impression with his natural talents and intricate skill, what better way to have his legacy (if you will) live on then to touch as many minds with his gifts...

I do see Emi's concern for having regard for his family with regards to his work. Yet, I just do not see anything but honor to Cris with what Cindy has mentioned.

9. dianacharles profile image60
    dianacharlesposted 12 years ago

Hearing about Cris today was a huge shock and I hoped just a cruel joke...but it turned out otherwise. I think that is a good idea Cindy to do some of his poems.... I teach poetry to some classes.He definitely was very inspirational.

10. Teresa McGurk profile image59
    Teresa McGurkposted 12 years ago

I am shocked and sorry to hear that Cris has died. He was a talented poet, a kind-hearted Hubber, and a gifted artist. This is the saddest loss to Hubpages I can imagine.

11. Lisa HW profile image63
    Lisa HWposted 12 years ago

I'm so sorry to see this sad news - especially about someone so young.  As is so often the case when we hear of something like this, it's hard to believe.  Sincerest condolences to the family and friends of this talented, young, man.

12. cindyvine profile image70

When I lived in China a few years ago Cris posted a great poem on Hubpages.  I showed it to one of the English teachers at the school and she was keen to use it as an example of using imagery in poetry.  I messaged Cris on his hub and he was taken aback that someone wanted to use his poem for a lesson.  He said he felt very honoured and gave his blessing.  He was proud that a teacher would think highly enough of his poetry to use it.  I'm sure if I look back at some of his old poetry hubs I'll find those comments.
    The teacher is going to read one of Cris's poems to the class tomorrow as an example of excellence, and use it to inspire and motivate the class to write their own poems using imagery.  I know for a fact Cris would love that and feel honoured like he did before.  I think that would be a fitting tribute to a great poet and artist.

13. VioletSun profile image80
    VioletSunposted 12 years ago

I was stunned when I read of Cris' passing in Facebook. I cried as this was so unexpected, he had just celebrated his birthday a few weeks ago. I found Cris to be very kind and generous with the sharing of his talents. I also found him to be proud, meaning when the Philippines experienced a natural disaster, I and a few hubbers offered to help with donations but he politely turned them down. He didn't want to inconvenience anyone. His death is yet another reminder, life is fleeting and precious, so best to use our time on earth here wisely. Brother may you rest in peace!

14. rebekahELLE profile image86
    rebekahELLEposted 12 years ago

The poems he wrote since his return here are breathtaking. I am in awe of the depth of his writing and how he was able to reach so deeply within.  He certainly used his talents and gifts well during his brief sojourn here on planet earth. We were very fortunate to have his presence here on HP. I keep seeing his smile.

15. pisean282311 profile image63
    pisean282311posted 12 years ago

i dont know who he was but reading other comments I believe chris a would remain alive in many minds for long long time...33 is not age of dying but as saying goes fill life into years than years into life....chris lived life in every moment it seems for comments...

16. AEvans profile image71
    AEvansposted 12 years ago

I was in total disbelief. Poor Ardie I had to ask her to confirm I just could not believe it all. Many of us were hanging out on the forums in the beginning and he was one that would bring joy, laughter and fun debate to a place that did not have many hubbers on it back then. Although HP has grown in leaps and bounds many of us have friendships that still remain. We have stories to tell and fond memories of the beginning. I would check-in on Cris and found that he was pushing along and still writing beautifully. He along with Earnest will be dearly missed. All I can say is I pray for no more losses. Some of us cannot handle much more. May God comfort his family. He was a treasure and a blessing to so many of us. Saying goodbye is hard, so farewell for now until we meet again.

17. cindyvine profile image70

Tom Cornett has written a beautiful song which he has put on Youtube called Cris's Song.  It is a great tribute to a great man!

1. Uninvited Writer profile image80
      Uninvited Writerposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Can you link to it here, I can't find it

1. TamCor profile image80
        TamCorposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I added the link to the other thread, but didn't think to do it here, sorry... smile

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pcl8UlKpS1I

18. RedElf profile image89
    RedElfposted 12 years ago

I am so sad to hear about Chris A. I will certainly miss bumping into him in the forums and enjoying his often cheeky posts. His light will be missed. With his (and Earnest's) passing, this world is a tiny bit darker and colder.

19. blaise25 profile image75
    blaise25posted 12 years ago

This is so sad. RIP Cris A. Thank you for sharing your beautiful poetry and art.

20. TamCor profile image80
    TamCorposted 12 years ago

I wonder if any of the HP folks have heard about Cris?  If so, I'm a little surprised that no one has come on and said a word... sad

I apologize if I somehow missed one of their comments.

21. erela buena profile image41
    erela buenaposted 12 years ago

I am shocked and deeply saddened by his death.Words cannot even begin to express my sorrow,Cris A will always be in our hearts and memories,and I express profound sorrow and condolences for his family.

22. Aquarianking profile image57
    Aquariankingposted 12 years ago

I miss the sharing of each story how we went home drunk only with our subconscious minds. I don't know how to express my feelings :'(

23. goldentoad profile image61
    goldentoadposted 12 years ago

I haven't really had the right moment to put it into perspective. I've been looking through my e-mails, the banter, and while he tried to get me to behave, I wouldn't. Though I live my life in a very unhealthy manner, Cris was quite the opposite, so all this still registers as a shock to me. I see him as really a sensitive individual that cherished everyone in ways I just can't. He was essentially my first true supporter on here and it bothered him to no end that I wouldn't take my writing seriously. I do take it seriously, but I see it more as I curse I wish I could run away from, where as he wanted to embrace it as much as possible. If anything is true, is that Cris wanted the best for everyone, and would sacrifice his own happiness if he could. There is a lot of bad and extremely boring writers here...I will say it out loud and to anyone's face. Cris was the gentleman about though, and I respect him for having the patience about it all. He also set a bar that I think most writers cannot get to. Writing was not a money making scheme to him, and that's what I respect the most. The writing though, to get above the bar, comes with a tremendous price, and that's usually one that requires a bit of loneliness. That's what sits in the back of my mind right now...that though he had everyone...he didn't have that peer that he could look to. With his work, he was almost an island unto himself, even if he didn't act like it publically. Most will not care...most will continue to churn hubs out and not look back. I hope hubpages can leave his work in place for those that need to see how it's done...the right way.

1. Sufidreamer profile image79
      Sufidreamerposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Can't argue with that, GT - I have been rereading his work and revisiting the good times, when we talked of Greek mythology and Philippine folklore.

My writing is a craft rather than an art; a way to make a living rather than express emotions. That's why I am glad that I met Cris and other writers like him - it reminds me that I should always find some time to write for the sake of writing, not just as a profession.

Cris was a muse to many of us, with his ability to see beauty amongst the ugliness - it is no surprise that his favourite Greek goddess was Aphrodite. Sadly, the curse of the artist is that you also see the ugliness amongst the beauty. He rarely showed us that side.

24. Mighty Mom profile image77
    Mighty Momposted 12 years ago

How fortuitous and appropriate to arrive just in time to post after GT.
    I do associate you two together -- the Mutt and Jeff of haute, haughty, hawt hubbing.
    Chris A dazzled me with the elegant construction and decoration of his hubs. He made the whole package like very few others I've run into.
    Sorry to lose such a full-budded talent and all-around great guy.
    Here's to you, Chris A.

25. Eaglekiwi profile image75
    Eaglekiwiposted 12 years ago

Cris A was such a humble and gifted writer. He is one of those people whose influence and fragrance will live on an on....

I feel honoured to have been just a tiny part of his life.

Rest in Peace smile

26. rebekahELLE profile image86
    rebekahELLEposted 12 years ago

I hope so too.  His poems are right up there with some of the finest poets in history.

27. buddygallagher profile image74
    buddygallagherposted 12 years ago

fast facts on Cris:

We all know about his brilliance and we love him for it, here are a few personal facts, ramblings actually, that I feel I should share with you all about our good friend...

- He is a Capricorn born on Jan 6, 1971

- He was content manager for an abstracting program in an American-owned data-conversion company in Manila from the early 90s (fresh out of college) to around 2009, I worked under him from 1999 to 2007 as an
    abstractor/indexer - this is when we became really good friends

- He is an excellent billards player and owns his own tako (billiard stick)

- He has a degree in Humanities from the University of the Philippines with a specialization in art appreciation

- Needless to say, he loved old hollywood and international films (see his FB page World Cinema)

- Last music he wanted to have and got as a gift is REM's "Part Lies, Part Heart, Part Truth, Part Garbage 1982-2011"

- He loved tennis and followed all the grandslam religiously

- He is insomniac and never tried to get a cure, that is why he can accomplish so much in so little a time. He does have a regular job but a stay-at-home one and is pretty well off

- He was successfully managing his diabetes since July 2011, taking his insulin shots on time, keeping to a  healthy diet, quitting smoking, switching to decaf in Starbucks, he even rekindled ties with old friends and even built bridges with a few enemies probably to remove all forms of stressors

- He is very funny, his humor is a class on its own, one of our friends described it well when she said she laughed harder when she's with Cris

- While he's been very active online these last few months, he was on a hiatus from going out with his friends here at home. We would text him for dinner or coffee and he would always beg off but it was not the first time he "went into hiding so to speak," so we left him alone and figured that like before he would work it out and start going out with us again (I could just kick myself...)

- In one of his reply to our friend's post in late Dec asking him when he'd finally show up, he responded: "soon"

- His diabetes scared him so much but he was determined to keep in under control and live a long life, I always championed this campaign of his, knowing a little about the disease as my mom also died of diabetes complications

- I was at his wake last night and he looked peaceful in a white suit

- From his sisters we learned that his last online post was a little after 9am and he died at 10am from cardiac arrest, they did not try to delve too deep into what brought on the attack but our doctor friend suggested his blood sugar levels could have gone down sharply to cause the event

- Unfortunately his sister was still asleep in her room when Cris passed and there was no one around to attend to him immediately, he was gone when the ambulance came

- While I thought I knew him well enough, the waves he made in hubpages and in other blog sites leaves me quite in awe of him, he got me into blogging but I just could not keep it up but he was tenacious and kept on keeping on

- He loved having a lot of online friends that gave him feedback on his works and he is equally happy supporting his hubber friends with his insightful comments

- The news of his death reached me a little after lunch last Tuesday, Jan 17. I was asleep when I got the call but I felt cold all over when our friend broke the news to me, then I bawled like a baby because we were just trading posts the day before

http://s4.hubimg.com/u/6057787_f248.jpg

http://s2.hubimg.com/u/6057789_f248.jpg

1. snakeslane profile image82
      snakeslaneposted 12 years ago

This is really beautiful buddy, thank you.

1. goldentoad profile image61
        goldentoadposted 12 years agoin reply to this

My thanks on that too. Very strange though, how he just recently decided to come back to hubs...like some type of closure that he wasn't aware of.

2. buddygallagher profile image74
        buddygallagherposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Im happy to share, im not done mourning yet but im also itching to celebrate his life, fun loving person that he is, he wouldnt have minded im sure :-)

1. rebekahELLE profile image86
          rebekahELLEposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I feel this way also. I think he must have known and he wanted to return to a place (here) where he felt loved and respected, and leave his incredible, recently published poems for us. I recall this forum thread before the holidays. http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/89410  I am so happy hubbers are continuing to follow his work.

I have thought of recording some of his poetry and uploading a few of them to my Soundcloud account. I have nothing on it at this time, but it will be used for my own poetry. It would be as a tribute to his work. Do you think this would be ok?

1. buddygallagher profile image74

Honestly im not sure rebekah if there would be issues like copyright or permissions that would arise. I have shared links to his works on fb and other sites. His family is aware he had works online though maybe not the extent of it. I guess as long as proper crediting is done...

2. TamCor profile image80
      TamCorposted 12 years ago

buddygallagher--Thank you so much for taking the time to tell us all so much more about our friend, Cris...I'm sure I speak for all of us when I say how much it is appreciated.

I hope you don't mind, but I'd like to copy and paste this unto another thread that we have going which is a tribute to Cris and his artistic abilities...

Cris will never know how much joy he brought into our lives...my husband and I have talked about him so often through our years on here, and what a special and caring person he was.

He will never be forgotten...thank you again for bringing us even closer to him...

You are welcome to share this post with everyone who knew him online. Im sure we all know Cris the writer as well as the person, but i thought you'd appreciate a little bit more detaills about him. I think like everyone else, his friends here at home are still in shock and we often find ourselves in his pages re-reading his works...oh the things we take for granted...

1. VioletSun profile image80
          VioletSunposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Thank you buddy for this. It's so very nice to know more about Cris.

3. cindyvine profile image70

Thanks so much for sharing those memories Buddgallagher!  I too wondered if Cris's return to Hubpages was a kind of closure.  I reckon he knew his time was up.  Just last week we were chatting about and sharing nineties music.  He is definitely going to leave a huge void.

I think he was taking it easy some months back, i know how he labored over his hubs. He loathed the restrictions imposed by his condition. I imagine he had to literally gather strength to stage a comeback...

4. cindyvine profile image70

I remembered this hub I wrote several years ago, when there was a tight bunch of us that had so much fun on Hubpages, hubjacking hubs, and having a good laugh.  Cris A was a part of that group.  For the newer hubbers, it was very different here in the old days. http://cindyvine.hubpages.com/hub/Super … -Hubpages.  I remember Cris being ecstatic that he had finally become a Super hero!

5. manlypoetryman profile image81
      manlypoetrymanposted 12 years ago

Wow...Way to go,Cris A! You are to be congratulated for living a life that gave to others.

Thank you buddygallagher and GT for what you wrote. Some people just have a certain nature to them that transcends through their writings and even through something as simple as a few words...in a comment. I feel like I joined HP at a time when Cris A was very active...and alot of the older hubbers (as in older hubber...not older person hubber smile...would go on and on in forum threads that they hi-jacked...or created just to talk to each other...it was pretty fun...and on the subject of hi-jackin' a thread..."No Worries, Mate"...perhaps a quote from BC himself...they always got back on topic).

Those were good times on HP (even if I was only a mere newby)...and there was Cris A...right in the middle of it...and has been mentioned. He really brought a sense of art to his writing...when I went over to read some of his work. I honestly remember...and said it in another forum thread...that I wanted my work to be as good as Cris A's. And it is evident that he helped promote a sense of his art...with his many comments to all. It sounds like he gave out plenty and plenty of support here.

I would hope and would like to affirm that none of us forget the support that he gave, the way that he believed so strongly in his art, and that we can carry on with the type of idea that Cris A thought and brought to this place. It sounds like his legacy to me...on here...(along with the legacy he left with his family and close friends). I found last night a writing of mine where I had mentioned him...and I know of a few of his comments on a couple of my writings. I am grateful to have texted via the internet a few times with Cris A! That much is for sure. And it was good to learn more about him through buddygallagher.

It may sound trite...from what others have said...but perhaps a little bit of what Cris A brought to this Hub World Place...will live on and on here. For me...I am hoping that will be the case...!

A short life well lived...Thank you, Cris A!

6. Joy56 profile image66
      Joy56posted 12 years ago

I too was around three years ago, and played around in the forums with Cris daily.....  My first posting in the forums was writing a poem alongside Cris and a few other hubbers.  I would run in from work and turn on the computer to see if he added a few more words.

I am reading through his work, and i wanted to see if Golden Toad had made an appearance, and if he even knew the sad news.   That is how i found this link.

A true genius, a beautiful person, a friend, i felt sometimes even a lover, i think we all did.
          Rest In Peace, my inspiration

Brenda Scully, Poet Lorraine, etc etc etc..... xxxxxxxxxx

p.s. so nice to see pictures of him, as we never really knew what he looked like at all.....

7. prettydarkhorse profile image62
      prettydarkhorseposted 12 years ago

Paalam kabayan, SLN!!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
    Necessary
    HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
    LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
    Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
    AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
    Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
    CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
    Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
    Features
    Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
    Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
    Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
    Marketing
    Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
    Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
    Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
    Statistics
    Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
    ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
    ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)