I Just Reached A Small Goal!

Jump to Last Post 1-17 of 17 discussions (21 posts)
  1. Jen's Solitude profile image85
    Jen's Solitudeposted 14 years ago

I know I am way too excited, about this, but when I first began here on hubpages, I thought how thrilling it would be to have 1,000 page views. When I reached that goal I thought, yeah but will you ever get 1,000 views for a single hub? So I am thrilled that I just reached that goal for my hub on food auctions!

I am just tickled pink and my next personal milestone will be 5,000 views total. I am just about at 4,000 so hopefully it won't take too much longer.

Thanks for letting me share this small achievement with you.

Jen

1. ServiceGuide profile image61
      ServiceGuideposted 14 years agoin reply to this

This is a phenomenal achievement Jen.  Well done and congratulations.  To have so many views in such a short space of time is something I could only dream of.  I'm in awe!

All the best
      Gloria

2. aniketgore profile image60
      aniketgoreposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Congrats

3. TrinaLynne profile image70
      TrinaLynneposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Well congrats to you

4. apeksha profile image66
      apekshaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Then how much $ you got 1000 * 1$  ?
      Nice congrates...enjoy your money if u got...

2. fortunerep profile image69
    fortunerepposted 14 years ago

congratulations!!!  You will get view as long as it is posted@!
    dori

3. HealthCare Basics profile image60
    HealthCare Basicsposted 14 years ago

Congratulations Jen,

I wish I was doing so well. Had to break a bit from writing while doing home renovation project to my office. Your next goals will keep you writing.

4. lyla profile image61
    lylaposted 14 years ago

Jen..this is just great!Congrats..way to go! smile

5. Connie Smith profile image84
    Connie Smithposted 14 years ago

Wow, Jen, that is incredible!  It hasn't been very long since you published that either, has it?  Obviously, you have hit on a hot topic.  I only have a bit over 500 on all mine, lol.  I will have to rethink my topics.  Way to go, girl!

6. earnestshub profile image80
    earnestshubposted 14 years ago

Congratulations Jen! I think you should duplicate the process, (not the content) on whichever hubs are driving that much traffic!

7. Jen's Solitude profile image85

Thank you all very much for sharing my happiness with me. You guys are great! smile

Connie, I checked, and the publish date is 4/12, so it will be a couple of months soon. I just e-mailed you btw. smile

earnestshub, I did a follow-up to the food auction hub and it is doing pretty good too.

I read your advice and I think I came up with an idea for my next biggest hub that deals with the late Harry Kalis. It has over 800 views, so I know I will have to come up with an article related to it in some way. I think I have finally decided how to proceed.

Everyone here gives such good advice, I try to apply it all and I appreciate all the knowledge that is so willingly shared with us newbies.

Jen

8. profile image0
    \Brenda Scullyposted 14 years ago

I am impressed and a bit jealous

9. homes88m profile image60
    homes88mposted 14 years ago

That's really great, it's a good thing for a new guy like me to see

10. Ladybird33 profile image65
    Ladybird33posted 14 years ago

Seriously, I am so happy for you!  I love setting goals and feel they are important for a writer to do.  You go and keep it up!  I am a little bit jealous though, I haven't done that yet, but it's on my goal list now!

11. bgpappa profile image80
    bgpappaposted 14 years ago

Congrats

12. Jen's Solitude profile image85

Thanks again folks, but I just happened to stumble upon subjects that interested people. I followed the advice given here that if something interests me, ask myself what I would want to know about the subject and write a good quality hub with those answers in mind.

Food prices and shopping alternatives interested me and I thought Harry Kalis' passing would interest local folks, as it did me.  Sure didn't expect the subjects to me that interesting. Just goes to show you never know. I'm sure when you find a similar subject, you will get your first 1,000 views too.

13. dipless profile image68
    diplessposted 14 years ago

congrats thats awsome, I think if you find a hot topic the views flood in wink Well done again

14. lxxy profile image61
    lxxyposted 14 years ago

Go JEN! It's your birthday, it's your...bir..that song is really redundant at this point, actually, sorry.

;D

15. PaulaShaftoe profile image60
    PaulaShaftoeposted 14 years ago

Congrats! Inspirational as well.

16. embitca profile image82
    embitcaposted 14 years ago

Congrats, Jen! Sounds like you've hit on a winning topic smile

17. Jen's Solitude profile image85

I only have 2 busy hubs, and both are dying a slow death now. big_smile 

Can you imagine getting hundreds of views a day? Now that must be something else. I'm excited if I stay at 50 views on average per day.

I made my first .04 cents April 14th. I first published in March. Needless to say the four cents is already spent. wink

Thanks for all the new congrats!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)