A new philosophy on love

Jump to Last Post 1-4 of 4 discussions (39 posts)
  1. vector7 profile image59
    vector7posted 12 years ago

I have found myself to be a monster recently underneath all my belief in love and truth.

I preach and teach of the God of love and goodness, and somehow I have recently become some sort of manner of mean. Not quite intentional as I would never want to hurt anyone in any way.

But though picking, I was inconsiderate. And though I may have got aggravated it doesn't change my responsibility to be humble.

If you have input on such, please post.

If you'd like an apology from yours truly, likewise.

And If you just want to ask a question in the thread regarding philosophy, religion, love, or all three.. or anything at all for that matter. Type away.

I want to discuss things.. With intelligent people.. And be considerate while doing so.

God bless and happy posting.

-v7

1. lorlie6 profile image72
      lorlie6posted 12 years agoin reply to this

vector7, what do you think?  What's going on in your life that would let loose such negativity?  We don't know one another, but it seems to me that you may be questioning your belief system(s).

vector7posted 12 years agoin reply to this

lol

I'm not laughing at you.. Just that it's the opposite that is true lorlie.

If it weren't for my God I WOULD be that monster without end. I have abilities I tell not, but they are only able to be used in a very selfish way. I got them from my past, but I never wanted them. I wanted freedom.

I have my freedom, in a sense that God is always with me. But that little terd is hard to keep caged.

I can't explain everything on here, as my existence involves people that don't even know I know things about them. Things I'm not permitted to tell. It's gift and curse and it comes from the very fact I don't believe any longer, but KNOW God and being what I am isn't always easy.

If being exactly like Jesus, which is a Christians goal as He is the example, was easy there would have been no need for Jesus to come and we would all just be perfect. But it is extremely hard, especially when no one takes what He says literally anymore. People I speak to think technology make Jesus' words less important or non-applicable and they give this reason or that.

Jesus never said 'but' to give a way out of anything. He said if you love me keep my commandments. He calls His teachings commandments, not 'ideas you can use'..

No, I don't doubt, I know as a matter of fact. I've never been so bold as to stand in front of my friend's pistol when he pointed it at another individual and told him he'd have to shoot me before he'd be able to shoot them. He isn't Christian, is in the military, and was joking but I didn't want him pointing the pistol at anyone for fear of mistaken discharge.

I'd actually prefer to leave this world, for the other side of death I know is sweeter for me. But Jesus also said to take up my cross and follow Him. People need Jesus, and for those who have chose that's fine, but there are people who haven't heard and my job is to tell them, and to teach those who want to follow Christ. But like I said, It's hard to be the best person you can be all the time and never break or give in to old habits or what everyone else is doing.. I don't get that option, I have to follow Christ - Hard life or not, I owe Him my life.

But, I do break.. And that's what makes you feel like crap. Sometimes you don't even realize you've been being un-Christlike because you begin picking up secular habits you see here or there. And they can pass with that - But me, I'm a Christian, and we are held to standard. But I'm glad, because it's who I am.

I love God.

1. A Troubled Man profile image57
          A Troubled Manposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Dead is dead, there is nothing sweet about it.

Using religion as a crutch does not solve your problems, it only exchanges one vice for another, with the problems still there waiting to take over your life once again.

Perhaps, you need to face your problems head on without the need of a crutch. And, perhaps professional help is required.

I don't need to debate with you any more tm.

I love you as a person. I respectfully disagree, btw.

I don't need any help, I have Christ Jesus. He is all I need.

God bless you tm

Then, the OP is pointless and you have no intention whatsoever to discuss things intelligently.

lol.

Well, that is your opinion. Please remember that.

And I didn't say anyone, I said you. I just don't like how you demean my Christ. wink

smile

Your Christ? lol

1. WD Curry 111 profile image57
                    WD Curry 111posted 12 years agoin reply to this

https://encrypted-tbn2.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTZI5lPe1V7SIfERQGFarMqNwfaa6frQq-vlkRZZZw0F83uX2UY

Bow down to the god of the forum frogs!

2. vector7 profile image59

Yes tm, my Christ.

My Saviour.

My King.

My Messiah.

My God.

My Everything.

Jesus Christ my Lord.

2. getitrite profile image70
          getitriteposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Seriously?  A family member of mine is psychotic, and he thinks it is his job to warn us of impending danger that he foretells through his psychic abilities.  Do you think there could possibly be a connection?

Secular ways???

There you go again with the insults.  Yes, only Christians are morally superior.  The rest of us are depraved I guess.  Is that correct?

The last time I looked, everyone is held to standards.  You are not special, and to imply such nonsense is ego driven narcissism.

lol.....

You're a drama queen.

smile

1. getitrite profile image70

That was disrespectful and childish, and has absolutely nothing to do with the issue.  Now does it?  Stop with the evil childish disrespect, and defend your position.  It seems that all you have done so far is act as silly and as cowardly as possibly allowed on the forums.

Thank god I'm not a Christian.

Ah yes, point the finger and deem me so.

Thank you for the maturity lesson. And the demeaning comments to boot.

Would you like to continue?

smile

2. getitrite profile image70

So do I...so the first thing that I suggest is that you actually consider our intellect, and not proceed to insult us with illogical, mindless, reality defying assertions.

Or just how do you define intelligence?

A dictionary would give you what your asking for.

1. getitrite profile image70

Do you know the difference between the word "your" and "you're"

A dictionary would help you with this.  Please consult one.

Oh.. OHH... LOL

You GOT me... ooooo grammar master here.. lol

Are you serious? "Your" implication is pathetic, this is a forum - not an attempted grand treatise.

You got a correlating response to your silly question, don't get moody on me young man..

[btw, take a peek up, I already know jedi master...] wink

lol...............

Btw, you know..

You don't 'have' to click the thread and/or read it.

I won't bother you, if you'll quit aggrevating me.

[EDIT- for misch's understanding - addition] .. I 'don't' bother you, how about you quit bothering me. (I was being kind misch) wink

smile

1. mischeviousme profile image61
              mischeviousmeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I guess you don't like humans helping you with your spelling... Oh wait! Only God can help you with your reading, writing and comprehension... lol

lol

neutral...

Mocking God.. tsk tsk...

Careful, careful. We all must pass away someday.

smile

2. neeta chauhan profile image61
    neeta chauhanposted 12 years ago

"A fool in love makes no sense to me.
    I only think you are a fool
    If you do not love."
    (- anonymous quote).......  i also never belived in love it seemed baseless and
    rubbish but now i agree that if you are not in love your life seems like a bare
    canvas to you which has no colors on it but when once you are in love
    truely then that same plaine canvas of life is filled with colors of
    different shades and you begin to smile without any rhyme or
    reason, you want to pay attention to your appearance, you
    are happier then before, you live for that person when you
    did not want to live at all.....

"When the one man loves the one woman and the one woman loves the one man, the very angels desert heaven and come and sit in the house and sing for joy."  (Brahma Sutra)

That is one of the most beautiful posts I have ever read neeta.

1. neeta chauhan profile image61
        neeta chauhanposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Thank you so much for liking my post Vector 7....

lol, Well I did like it neeta!

wink

3. profile image0
    Emile Rposted 12 years ago

Don't feel bad about being a little testy vector. We all get that way from time to time. I've found I love people more when circumstances give me plenty of space. It's incredibly hard to love people all of the time, especially when they are underfoot...or in the way. Or (heaven forbid) going out of their way to be troublesome.

That is very considerate of you to start an apology thread.

It is those who bandy about "love" that cannot be trusted.

1. Disappearinghead profile image60
        Disappearingheadposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Thus we can determine that you are just full of love ATM! wink

This is an internet forum in which candid discussions take place. I have never proclaimed to love anyone here or proclaimed I am "full of love" simply because I understand where and to whom love is to be focused. And, it certainly has nothing to do with religions or the discussions thereof.

1. Disappearinghead profile image60
            Disappearingheadposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Calm down, calm down. I'm only pulling your leg smile

I'm perfectly calm and was when I wrote that. Thanks. smile

lol.....

This forum includes philosophy mister tm.

smile

2. profile image0
        Emile Rposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I don't know. Maybe. I will say I'm raising an eyebrow toward at least one other type these days. smile

4. Druid Dude profile image60
    Druid Dudeposted 12 years ago

This is directly to Vector...as one moves closer to the divine within, the darkness, which is also within, intensifies its "attack". This is the nature of the battle of Armageddon which rages between the light and the darkness, which exist inside of you and outside of you.

Yeah.. I'm not worried anymore.

Something about Christians.

They wobble but they don't fall down.. lol

You have to kill'em to keep'em down, but then I'll be somewhere else laughing at the people thinking they 'killed' me..

I'm amazed every day at what Christ Jesus does for me, as He is right here right now.

We go in a storm, we come out.. everything is gravy again.. repeat.

God's with me.

smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)