Lol, Romney Introduces His Wife as a Heavyweight

Jump to Last Post 1-11 of 11 discussions (90 posts)
  1. bgamall profile image68
    bgamallposted 12 years ago

This poor man is simply clueless. Totally politically clueless. He lacks a certain subtle intelligence crucial to discussing world affairs with the leaders of the world. Gaffe after Gaffe after Gaffe:

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/power-playe … 15755.html

1. profile image0
      JaxsonRaineposted 12 years agoin reply to this

1 - Every politician makes gaffes. Obama has had more than his fair share.

2 - This really isn't as bad as you make it. He used a term that refers to the best of all fighters, and clarified his meaning, nor did she take offense at it.

Do you make this much of a deal about Obama's gaffes?

1. lovemychris profile image75
        lovemychrisposted 12 years agoin reply to this

57 states  57 states  57 states  57 states.....

Years later, 57 states  57 states  57 states

1. profile image0

Yes, that's one of them. Why focus on the gaffes of one side and pretend the gaffes on the other side don't matter?

Ask the Romney supporters...they are the ones making that case.

Romney just made a slip...which is what the dems said about Obama and 57 states.

But the R's here kept pushing and pushing 57 states to make fun of Obama.

Tell them to stop the 57 states thing!

1. profile image0

This is always the problem.

Go make the other side stop first.

It's the other sides fault.

They started it.

I'm saying, if someone calls a R gaffe a gaffe and a D gaffe a slip, they aren't being honest. There's no reason to focus on one side only.

Who did that?

1. profile image0

You just did.

I pointed out to the OP that it's not good to focus on the gaffes of one side. My position is that it's not good to focus on either side. Then you come in and start pointing at the Rs.

You asked this question:

"Do you make this much of a deal about Obama's gaffes?"

I pointed out that they did.

2. habee profile image92
          habeeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Want some new material? lol

G-Dam America  G-Dam America  G-Dam America ...that was playes so much, it was like background noise!

2. Cassie Smith profile image60
        Cassie Smithposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I liked when Obama admitted that he didn't know the "Austrian term" for wheeling and dealing.

2. habee profile image92

Get a grip, man! Do you not understand what a heavyweight champion is?? Ann is obviously thin, and believe me - she's thinner in person. If she were overweight, I might consider the comment a gaffe. Oh, when you were talking about intelligence, you misspelled "discussing." lol. Sorry - the English teacher in me. Your finger probably just hit the wrong key. I do that, too, especially when my hands are numb from nerve damage.

bgamallposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Come on Habee, add to this the dog on the car roof gaffe, the 700k is middle income gaffe, the horse in every port gaffe, the not employed while I make 42 million gaffe, the not feeling rich while worth over 200 million gaffe, and you can see the Romneys have a problem.

They have a huge problem in that they are simply out of touch and lack thoughtfulness. Plus, Bain broke some companies and caused at least one death due to their greed.

1. habee profile image92

Do you really want me to list all of Obama's and Michelle's gaffes?? And if I were to try to list all of Biden's gaffes, it would probably take me a week of typing! lol

Biden is Romney light. Biden is VP, Romney wants to be pres. Big difference.

1. profile image0

What about Obama's gaffes? You keep avoiding that issue.

1. habee profile image92

I was going to ask that!

2. habee profile image92

Biden is VP. Ann R does not hold any office. Big difference.

2. profile image0

Do you make as big of a deal out of Obama's gaffes?

The 700k 'gaffe' is ridiculous, he said no such thing.

Having a good time with citizens isn't a gaffe either.

You're just fishing for ammo against Romney, why don't you focus on his politics?

Ok, I predict that Romney will increase wars and the pentagon's budget that is bloated now. I predict that Romney will allow more easy money lending as he seeks to repeal the Volcker Rule.

I predict that Romney will do more to harm the middle class since the rich know they can squeeze Americans as long as the policies to do so line up.

Both parties allow speculation and much of it comes from out of America, with Brent Crude Oil, so drilling won't change a thing. Our WTI will be exported as that is the plan.

But the Republicans want more housing bubbles and will end up attacking main street. The Republicans are very much like the IMF. I have documented that here and at Business Insider the desire for the wealthy to securitize and sell bad loans guaranteed by government.

You and Habee should read my articles there. If you hate what the IMF has done to third world developing nations beware of what they could do here and in Europe.

1. profile image0

Do you make such a big deal about Obama's gaffes? What's that, 4 times you've been asked?

No, he has already proven to have some sympathy and concern for the 99 percent. If you are not in the 1 percent, you should not trust Romney. i trust you are not in the 1 percent Jaxson. Where do you put yourself that you should support folks predatory toward main street? In my ebook, Dirty Dirty Republicans, I make it clear that both parties have exploited mainstreet, but that the Republicans are planning more speculation in real estate in the future.

1. habee profile image92

Main street? Don't most small businesses support Romney?

Your rants aren't coherent. What does Mitt's referring to his wife as his heavyweight champion have to do with the 1%?? I'm confused.

Most small biz is in the 1 percent. Or at least it is in the top 5 percent and wants the same freebees available only to the rich that will get them to the top 1 percent.

http://www.bankrate.com/finance/taxes/t … -earn.aspx

I am starting to think you are a bit naive, Habee.

2. Ralph Deeds profile image66
        Ralph Deedsposted 12 years agoin reply to this

OK, Habee, but you must admit that Romney is pretty gaffe-prone. I'd list a few, but I'm sure everyone is aware of most of them. However, that's the least of his problems. He's pandered to the Tea Partiers to the point where nobody can be sure what he really believes and what his policies would be if he were lucky enough to win the election.

1. habee profile image92

He's more gaffe-prone than Obama? Wanna bet $10,000? lol

3. Repairguy47 profile image61
      Repairguy47posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Does that certain subtle intelligence begin with a bow and by your leave the way Obama grovels?

2. knolyourself profile image61
    knolyourselfposted 12 years ago

That seems to be the way somebody wants it.

3. Shanna11 profile image76
    Shanna11posted 12 years ago

Hahaha, oh come on-- political spin anyone?

I think it's amusing. He obviously meant to compliment his wife, and not hurt her, but he just fumbled like any human is prone to do.

4. profile image59
    logic,commonsenseposted 12 years ago

Just curious, are the OP and LMC brother and sister? smile

1. habee profile image92

Actually, I think LMC usually has more valid points.

5. lovemychris profile image75
    lovemychrisposted 12 years ago

"If you cut tax rates, the rich pay less. If the rich pay less, somebody pays more. If nobody pays more, then the government shrinks. If the government shrinks, the beneficiaries of government lose. Who are the beneficiaries of government spending? Three out of every five dollars goes to old people (e.g. Social Security), sick people (e.g. Medicaid/Medicare), and poor people (e.g. income security programs). If we cut government, the poor, sick, and old will probably lose out."

1. profile image0

A lot of government money goes to inefficiency, or paying interest on debt. It's waste. The government is NOT the ideal of efficiency, so we don't want them being the ones running everything. The post office has a -7% profit margin. We are short $42 TRILLION dollars to pay medicare/medicaid and SS for the next 60 years. Think about that, $42 TRILLION.

Why don't we just get rid of the cap on FICA? It stops at $106,000 now.....even if you raised it, that would solve a lot.

1. profile image0

When the government wastes taxpayer money, spends taxpayer money that it wasn't supposed to spend, the answer isn't to raise taxes.

Social security is not a wasteful program. Neither is medicare. It's much more efficient than private insurance, a bulk of whose money goes to perks and bennies of the ceos.

FICA pays them both, as well as disability and other such programs. Lifting the cap or getting rid of it alltogether would fund it forever, and not hurt anyone in the process.

All these GOP policies hurt the ones who can least afford it,and reward those who already have it made.

1. profile image0

This is a common lie from the left. CEO salaries are tiny, tiny fractions of total business. For instance, if the CEO of Coca Cola gave all his earnings back into reducing the price of coke, each can would cost $0.000003 less.

Private insurance can be more efficient than governmental, and if you include the future-debt of these programs it is much more efficient.

No, even if there were NO cap on FICA, the funds would still run out in 75 years. But that's always the answer. Government spends money it's not supposed to spend, and we'll tax the rich even more to make up for it, right?

We need to LOWER taxes to encourage investment and growth. We are above almost every developed nation in taxes, higher taxes isn't the answer.

Yeah, an equal tax cut for everyone hurts the poor.

6. lovemychris profile image75

"Somebody making between $10,000 and $20,000 would pay 1% more in taxes than they would under Obama's current policy. Somebody making between $500,000 and $1 million would pay between 7% less in taxes"

No--I don't like it. It's another tax break for rich people! Same old same old!

1. profile image0

They are not going to pay 1% more. The bottom 50%, which goes up to $35,000 (iirc) only pays 1.85% already, and Romney will lower that by 20%.

Romney said it best. People are rating his tax plan, when the details haven't been released yet. It's just news agencies and 'study groups' trying to get hits by doing 'research'.

7. profile image0
    JaxsonRaineposted 12 years ago

This is why we don't need more stimulus. Do you still think Obama will get it right after his last promise?

http://cdn2-b.examiner.com/sites/defaul … hart_0.jpg

The stimulus needed to be bigger and bolder. We the 99% of the people need it, not we the 1%.

1. profile image0

Stimulus didn't work. You want a bigger stimulus than the last one? What about Obama's promise that if we could spend $1 trillion on stimulus that unemployment wouldn't go above 8%, do you still trust that stimulus is the answer?

He didn't say that. A member of his team did. And she was speculating, not promising. That is a GOP lie that is out there.

And the stimulus DID work. It saved or created 3 million jobs. And the GM loan worked too.

And Obamacare is starting to show real signs of progress...in terms of saving money and getting more people insured.

2 years of private sector job growth.

We are just starting to recover from the blow we were leveled by 30 years of theft to the top.
          We can not afford to go back and let them finish the job!

1. profile image0

No, it was in his stimulus bill. Obama said if we didn't get the stimulus we would hit double digits. Well, we still did. With the stimulus, the unemployment rate was worse than the projection without it. You can say they were just wrong, but that margin of error is so large it approaches a coin flip.

We still hit double digits. As far as jobs saved, that's been debated ever since Obama took office. Regardless, any jobs created by government spending are temporary jobs, artificial demand, and those jobs are gone now.

And bankrupting our country.

First, imagine how the private sector would grow if we had competitive tax rates.

Secondly, job growth, adjusted for capita, has barely increased. Yes, things are starting to turn around, but any free market will correct itself after a recession. We could be doing so much better than we are.

8. lovemychris profile image75

We lowered taxes in 03,05 and 10....what growth? What jobs?

More Swiss bank accounts for the Uber Rich.

And weren't people being turned away from private insurance companies if they deemed the risk too high? You want to go back to that?

Romney's plan is not an equal tax cut. He cuts more for $500,000 and up.

And he increases the deficit by 500 bil.

It's another reverse robin hood.

1. profile image0

Our corporate tax rates are still way too high. We can lower personal tax rates, but it doesn't help too much if we don't have businesses investing in America to create jobs and stimulate wealth.

He doesn't cut more, he's cutting 20% for every bracket. 20% = 20%.

"The rest we knew, destruction of the middle class, pump and dumps, Wall Street Crimes, all under the guise of “trickle down” and “lowering taxes.”  Every phony 3rd string economist they could buy has been discredited."

More of the same.

9. lovemychris profile image75

"And bankrupting our country"

Good News! Obamacare Will Cost Less than Projected http://mojo.ly/zBJRQR

1. profile image0

Yay, 100 billion less than we thought... still over $1 trillion though. oops.

10. profile image53
    dragonarmt1posted 12 years ago

Thankyou for all your efforts that you have put in this. very interesting info

11. lovemychris profile image75

Private sector has added 4 million jobs over the last 2 years http://pic.twitter.com/Jwubugok

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)