What will christian do in heaven?

Jump to Last Post 1-15 of 15 discussions (114 posts)
  1. profile image53
    haj3396posted 12 years ago

Christians will go to other worlds, learn new thing, learn more about God, learn more about our body, worship and praise God.

1. Dave Mathews profile image60
      Dave Mathewsposted 12 years agoin reply to this

First you mock God. Now you mock heaven. Woe to you you hypocrite.

1. profile image0
        jomineposted 12 years agoin reply to this

God da da dum dum dum!
        Did god appoint you as the judge, Mr. Self-righteous? Haven't you heard,"Do not judge, and you will not be judged; and do not condemn, and you will not be condemned; pardon, and you will be pardoned"?

1. Paulshub profile image61
          Paulshubposted 11 years agoin reply to this

What will Christians do in heaven? They will push their bigoted and BS beliefs on others, who are different or somehow don't fit in, like they do here on earth.

2. Dale Hyde profile image80
      Dale Hydeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I reckon they will fly around and play harps? That is what all the "Christian" artwork and descriptions seem to imply. wink

1. habee profile image92
        habeeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Flying would be cool, but I can't play a harp! lol. I do, however, enjoy listening to harp music.

1. janesix profile image60
          janesixposted 11 years agoin reply to this

You will have an eternity to learn to play the harp, dont worry

1. MelissaBarrett profile image58
            MelissaBarrettposted 11 years agoin reply to this

*Smiles* Because I love both Gaiman and Pratchett you reminded me of a scene out of Good Omens... So I'm gonna quote it... (at length)

“On Eternity:
            I mean, d'you know what eternity is? There's this big mountain, see, a mile high, at the end of the universe, and once every thousand years there's this little bird-"

"What little bird?" said Aziraphale suspiciously.

"This little bird I'm talking about. And every thousand years-"

"The same bird every thousand years?"

Crowley hesitated. "Yeah," he said.

"Bloody ancient bird, then."

"Okay. And every thousand years this bird flies-"

"-limps-"

"flies all the way to this mountain and sharpens its beak-"

"Hold on. You can't do that. Between here and the end of the universe there's loads of-" The angel waved a hand expansively, if a little unsteadily. "Loads of buggerall, dear boy."

"But it gets there anyway," Crowley persevered.

"How?"

"It doesn't matter!"

"It could use a space ship," said the angel.

Crowley subsided a bit. "Yeah," he said. "If you like. Anyway, this bird-"

"Only it is the end of the universe we're talking about," said Aziraphale. "So it'd have to be one of those space ships where your descendants are the ones who get out at the other end. You have to tell your descendants, you say, When you get to the Mountain, you've got to-" He hesitated. "What have
            they got to do?"

"Sharpen its beak on the mountain," said Crowley. "And then it flies back-"

"-in the space ship-"

"And after a thousand years it goes and does it all again," said Crowley quickly.

There was a moment of drunken silence,
            "Seems a lot of effort just to sharpen a beak," mused Aziraphale.

"Listen," said Crowley urgently, "the point is that when the bird has worn the mountain down to nothing, right, then-"

Aziraphale opened his mouth. Crowley just knew he was going to make some point about the relative hardness of birds' beaks and granite mountains, and plunged on quickly.

"-then you still won't have finished watching The Sound of Music."

Aziraphale froze.

"And you'll enjoy it," Crowley said relentlessly. "You really will."

"My dear boy-"

"You won't have a choice."

"Listen"

"Heaven has no taste."

"Now-"

"And not one single sushi restaurant."

A look of pain crossed the angel's suddenly very serious face.”

3. luckykarma profile image60
      luckykarmaposted 12 years agoin reply to this

They all have schools to go to, and depending on how you have lived your life you come back in another soul if you need to learn more lessons. If you stay you are given jobs to do to help newcomers. Your Guardian Angel and some friends will be waiting for you!

4. Titen-Sxull profile image71
      Titen-Sxullposted 12 years agoin reply to this

But then you'll run out of things to do, because Heaven lasts forever and there's only so much to do and learn.

Unless there are infinite worlds and knowledge is infinite, but the if that were the case inevitably you would BECOME God yourself and reality would collapse until there was nothing left but God.

Consider your minds blown Christians lol

5. Chris Neal profile image79
      Chris Nealposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Again, what is your Biblical basis for this? Got any chapter and verse?

6. mischeviousme profile image61
      mischeviousmeposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Heaven is just as much a pipe dream and wishful thinking as that of a God/god.

7. Mmargie1966 profile image84
      Mmargie1966posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Live in complete harmony with God and the universe! No pain, jealousy, evil, or emotional issues.  Just complete LOVE for everyone!  If only we could have that here on Earth.

I can't wait to be in the presence of God and my loved ones who have passed on before me.

1. Castlepaloma profile image76
        Castlepalomaposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Earth is not so bad, extreme happiness sounds like a funny farm

1. Chris Neal profile image79

Not if the extreme happiness is caused by being in the eternal presence of God, which is what will happen in the New Jerusalem.

2. Chris Neal profile image79

Amen!

I can't be extremely happy while smile down on earth and then down on Hell where most people are burning and tortured forever

I know it sounds harsh, but the fact is that the people who will be in hell werre not ones who wanted to be with God in the first place. They get their wish, they just don't like it.

1. Mark Knowles profile image58
              Mark Knowlesposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Dear me, Still spreading the hatred and ill will I see. Tell us the fairy story about the historical evidence again - I like it when you condemn yourself to hell by bearing false witness. wink

2. Castlepaloma profile image76

Chris Neal
              I know it sounds harsh,

Can you imagine anything in this World or Universe that could worst than be in HELL? I would switch your God for breaking his promise of being all loving and all powerful

But He didn't break His promise. That's the part that's so hard for people to understand. He gave us all a path to Him, through Jesus' death and resurrection. That was the act of being all-loving, and only an all-powerful God could have performed such an action. After that, it's up to us to decide whether we want to accept that gift, for whatever reason we do or don't.

Obviously this doesn't mean I think you're going to suddenly decide that I was right and you were wrong. But that is how it works.

That's how it works

Love is work made visual and it also make goods sense.
                  If you as a child of God, forget to repent one of your sins and turn up in HELL burning and being torture to the extreme. Is that not child abuse, which is the worst crime among criminals

Then you ask God- why are you allowing me to be tortured and burn?
                  Then the only answer you get is- I give you hell because I love YOUuuuu.
                  Then Chris is going to say- I love you too God, your the best
                  Then you continue to screaemmm HAAAHHAH OHHHH STOP IT hhaaa

If you as a child of God forget to repent one of your sins - then some catholic mama with an extreme guilt trip will come out and bash you over the head?

It doesn't work that way.

Yes, we are supposed to repent of our sins, but even if we forget to repent two, or three, or three thousand sins, God won't keep us out of Heaven for that. It's all based on what we do with Jesus.

8. tsmog profile image84
      tsmogposted 11 years agoin reply to this

The christian I know likes to play the mandolin. Being near 13 maybe that is what he will do. He likes books too. I dun'no.

1. witnessing4HIM profile image60
        witnessing4HIMposted 11 years agoin reply to this

you mean you only know one Christian, who is maybe 13 years old, and plays a mandolin, and reads books?  Christians live and abide all over the world and they have been washed in the blood of the LAMB of GOD.  His name is JESUS.  I hope you find many Christians who follow CHRIST

I hope the international animal rights do not hear about this.

Beside there is not enough lambs to cut throat INTO a bloodbath of lambs to go around to all of our over fruitful Religious population on this earth.

2. pisean282311 profile image62
    pisean282311posted 12 years ago

@ts lollollollollollollol

3. tlmcgaa70 profile image61
    tlmcgaa70posted 12 years ago

those who are saved will do the only thing worth doing...singing praises to GOD, worshiping HIM. there is nothing else worth doing.

1. Dale Hyde profile image80
      Dale Hydeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

An eternity of doing this? That does make the mind wander, lol.

1. pisean282311 profile image62
        pisean282311posted 12 years agoin reply to this

@dale thats why heaven is boring...who wants to spend eternity with being who loves to be praised....psychologically such being would be suffering from some disorder and low self image which needs reassurance...

1. tlmcgaa70 profile image61
          tlmcgaa70posted 12 years agoin reply to this

GOD does not need our praises...we need to praise HIM. it is how we express our love for HIM. as for heaven, it is a term people use, there will be a new heaven and a new earth, and we will reside on this earth and CHRIST will be our light. but i certainly dont expect non believers to understand. and for those who say we live more than once...that is not biblical teaching. the bible teaches that it is appointed to man to live once and then to die. believing we come back is a deception you choose to believe rather than the Word of GOD. this means you do not worship the true GOD but a self made god that allows you to be comfortable and live as you choose and not in obedience to GOD.

1. witnessing4HIM profile image60
            witnessing4HIMposted 11 years agoin reply to this

timcgaa70 
            tlmcgaa70posted 5 weeks ago

those who are saved will do the only thing worth doing...singing praises to GOD, worshiping HIM. there is nothing else worth doing.

I think these scriptures will open some eyes of tasting, harps, praising, singing, Heaven, GOD, HIS SON and many more I cannot remember them all.

I am appalled at some of these people for their comments.

The Book of Revelation 19:5  and 9
            And after these things I heard a great voice of much people in heaven, saying, Alleluia; Salvation, and glory, and honour, and power, unto the Lord our God:

2 For true and righteous are his judgments: for he hath judged the great whore, which did corrupt the earth with her fornication, and hath avenged the blood of his servants at her hand.

3 And again they said, Alleluia And her smoke rose up for ever and ever.

4 And the four and twenty elders and the four beasts fell down and worshipped God that sat on the throne, saying, Amen; Alleluia.

5 And a voice came out of the throne, saying, Praise our God, all ye his servants, and ye that fear him, both small and great.

6 And I heard as it were the voice of a great multitude, and as the voice of many waters, and as the voice of mighty thunderings, saying, Alleluia: for the Lord God omnipotent reigneth.

7 Let us be glad and rejoice, and give honour to him: for the marriage of the Lamb is come, and his wife hath made herself ready.

8 And to her was granted that she should be arrayed in fine linen, clean and white: for the fine linen is the righteousness of saints.

9 And he saith unto me, Write, Blessed are they which are called unto the marriage supper of the Lamb. And he saith unto me, These are the true sayings of God.

10 And I fell at his feet to worship him. And he said unto me, See thou do it not: I am thy fellowservant, and of thy brethren that have the testimony of Jesus: worship God: for the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy.

11 And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

12 His eyes were as a flame of fire, and on his head were many crowns; and he had a name written, that no man knew, but he himself.

13 And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God.

14 And the armies which were in heaven followed him upon white horses, clothed in fine linen, white and clean.

15 And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God.

16 And he hath on his vesture and on his thigh a name written, King Of Kings, And Lord Of Lords.

17 And I saw an angel standing in the sun; and he cried with a loud voice, saying to all the fowls that fly in the midst of heaven, Come and gather yourselves together unto the supper of the great God;

18 That ye may eat the flesh of kings, and the flesh of captains, and the flesh of mighty men, and the flesh of horses, and of them that sit on them, and the flesh of all men, both free and bond, both small and great.

19 And I saw the beast, and the kings of the earth, and their armies, gathered together to make war against him that sat on the horse, and against his army.

20 And the beast was taken, and with him the false prophet that wrought miracles before him, with which he deceived them that had received the mark of the beast, and them that worshipped his image. These both were cast alive into a lake of fire burning with brimstone.

21 And the remnant were slain with the sword of him that sat upon the horse, which sword proceeded out of his mouth: and all the fowls were filled with their flesh.

2. profile image0
      jomineposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Nauseating

3. profile image0
      Brenda Durhamposted 11 years agoin reply to this

That is the most awesome thing, isn't it?!
      smile

1. profile image0
        jomineposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Yes, that is why most psychotic patients are happy!

The pessimistic ones are simply neurotic!

2. tlmcgaa70 profile image61
        tlmcgaa70posted 11 years agoin reply to this

yes, and it is something i greatly look forward to

1. MelissaBarrett profile image58

*Shudders* I hate singing...  Are you saying that my reward for a life-time of Christianity would be an eternity doing something that I hate?

try not to overtax your brain melissa...this is something way beyond your ability to comprehend.

1. profile image0

roll
              Says the one who has no comprehension!

you are right, i cant comprehend why anyone would be stupid enough to reject GOD...oh yeah, now i remember, it is because GOD blinded them and gave them over to believe a lie. those who make the choice to reject GOD, seal their own fates. no, i comprehend GOD and the state of this world just fine thank you.

1. profile image0

What I can't comprehend is how god can create stupid people who do not use reason and logic but blindly trust some ancient priests and their books. Hasn't he created enough animals? Why he want stupid bipedals calling themselves believers?

i dont believe in GOD because the bible tells me to. i believe what the bible says because i believe in GOD. i died when i was three and JESUS met me and told me i could not stay it wasnt my time. that has stayed with me my entire life and is the foundation of my belief. to me those who reject GOD are the stupid ones. it is all about faith. if you dont have it, then it is impossible for you to comprehend those who do and how they might understand spiritual things that are beyond your comprehension.

2. MelissaBarrett profile image58

Given the level of esteem I have for your intelligence I will take that comment with exactly as much self-evaluation as it requires.

likewise.

3. Chris Neal profile image79

Yes, praise Jesus!

1. mischeviousme profile image61

There you go, following the person again... When are christians gonna stop following and just try to reach the same christ(consciousness)? I think it's because their wrapped up in whatever they've been told and instead of following the example, their blinded by the group opinion.... Christians will do whatever in heaven, if by heaven they mean women and beer. Just kidding, but seriously...

The way you reach Christ "consciousness" is by following Christ, doing the things He said to do and not doing the things He said not to do.

Since Jesus is God (God the Son) we can never, ever become "like him" or gain a "christ consciousness" like His because He had direct access to the Father. He has all the attributes of God.

So, to answer your question, I don't believe I should try to attain something that no mere human can ever attain, no matter how hard they try. I will continue to follow Him because of who He is.

All my role models I have been able to reach that height of that achievement.. It must be torture to always reach for the impossible dream and fall short so often. How about getting a simple role model that is Big enough that MATTERs and small enough to handle

Because nothing matters more than God and nothing is bigger than God. We are not supposed to attain being like Him, we can't.

We can be "more like Jesus," that's small enough to attain. And a worthy goal to boot. And certainly I can be more like men I admire, that is usually a small enough goal (although it might seem very large, indeed,) to attain. But "Christ consciousness" is directly contrary to the Bible. And yeah, I've said before I've heard from God, so I do believe the Bible.

How many people can be Gandhi like or Mother Teresa like or Jesus and how many really want to. Nothing is better than being yourself or I am what I am.

Actually, I agree that nothing is better than being what you are.

But...

And I'm not just trying to be argumentative here,

You never really know who you are until you know Jesus!

2. mischeviousme profile image61

And you will continue to follow, ad infinitum. If you can't think for yourself in this life, what level of slave will you be in the next?

If that's a conversation you really want to have, I'm game!

Chris

If you grew up in the Middle East you would be saying

You never really know who you are until you know Ali

I believe that is possible. But there are also Christians in the Middle East. It's not simply a matter of culture, because the culture I was immersed in when I became a Christian was not one that was accepting of it. There was a lot of paganism and even witchcraft (I knew a few self-proclaimed, practicing wiccans.) I thought it was all pretty silly. I was into science fiction and comic books and was not living a moral life style. So it's entirely probably that if it all were simply a matter of culture, I would be saying, "You don't know who you are until you know Batman!"

4. habee profile image92
    habeeposted 12 years ago

I hope I get to do a lot of saltwater fishing and horseback riding. And I'm not mocking Heaven. I believe that we go on after the death of our physical body.

5. Disappearinghead profile image60
    Disappearingheadposted 12 years ago

Can someone do me a favour and show me a scripture that states Christians go to heaven? From what I've read of Revelation, God creates a new Earth, and that is where people will live after resurection.

1. habee profile image92
      habeeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I believe we'll return to Earth also, but it will be free of hate, misery, pollution, injustice, etc. Still, I believe there's a Heaven. Christ told the thief, "Today you will be with me in paradise."

1. voice of one profile image60
        voice of oneposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Actually folks, The Bible teaches us that his Word never promised us a home in heaven but rather eternal life in the kingdom of his dear son which will be here on this earth during the millenium and later in the new earth.

1. profile image53
          haj3396posted 12 years agoin reply to this

When Jesus Christ comes He will take the righteous to heaven to live with him a thousand years. Where we will go over record of why someone in my family did not make, when we see God is Just and true God will wipe away all tears from us. After the thousand years God will come back to earth, raise all the wick that ever been alive and show them where they went wrong, and when they see God is just and true, then and only then will they be destroyed. The earth will be made new, and hear is where we will live. Heaven will be the capital city.

1. voice of one profile image60
            voice of oneposted 12 years agoin reply to this

No the saints do not stay in heaven thousands years. Read and study Revelation chapters 19 and 20. You will see, we come back with Jesus at the and of the seven year tribulation to conquer the armies of the antichrist and satan is bound for 1000 years and you will see we don't go back to heaven because it doesn't mention anything to the fact but rather we reign with Christ for a 1000 years on the earth. Go to Ezekiel to learn about the temple that Christ will build during the 1000 years on the earth.   2Ti 2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

2. Disappearinghead profile image60
          Disappearingheadposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Exactly, it seems to me that Christians going to heaven when they die is an urban myth. Jesus promised to raise us up (from a state of sleep in our graves) on the last day. It's why Paul went to such great pains to stress the resurection because without one we are lost and cannot be with Jesus.

As for Jesus' saying to the robber on the cross, move the comma from before the word 'today' to after the word 'today', and the idea of going to heaven immediately following death disappears. We are at liberty to do this because the original texts contained no punctuation, but were added centuries later in accordance with the prevailing doctrine.

3. White Ghost126 profile image60
          White Ghost126posted 11 years agoin reply to this

I believe that heaven is what the Bible says it is. A place where Christians go to worship the Lord until the Time of his son returning to rule in the millenium. Then Satan will rise up( all of this is found in Revelation) and try to overthrow Christ. He will then throw satan in the lake of fire and make a new heaven and a new earth. That is all I know.

6. Larry Okeke profile image60
    Larry Okekeposted 12 years ago

Well, i don't think any of these is true. I mean, life 'll never be interesting without all the challenges. For example, if everyone is handsome, there would be no such thing as being handsome. Hence, heaven or heaven on earth will be very boring without the bad spices of the present earth.

7. teacherjoe52 profile image61
    teacherjoe52posted 12 years ago

In Heaven we will each be assinged a job. It will be suited for us. We will all be happy and respectful of each other. The best part will be sharing meals with Jesus.

@techer u mean job which suits our skill?....would their be payment for the job or would it be do it without getting paid kind of theme...meal with jesus?...hmmm i dont think thats good enough incentive.....

2. mischeviousme profile image61
      mischeviousmeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

So heaven is a socialist state then?

8. mischeviousme profile image61
    mischeviousmeposted 12 years ago

After a few thousand years of eternal bliss, they'll probably contemplate suicide. The bubble of desire will soon burst, when all that is felt is joy.

lol yup heaven is socialist state...btw in we implement jesus in letter and spirit we would be socialist world...

9. Larry Okeke profile image60
    Larry Okekeposted 11 years ago

what jobs will you be doing when the bible makes us understand that there are angels all over the place? and what meals will you be eating when you are a spirit and would need no physical nutrition. Honestly, i dont care if Heaven exists or not, but i do know that if by any chance it does, its definitely not what you guys here think it is... or then, it might just be another cage in hell.

Just curious, what do I think Heaven is?

10. Jerami profile image59
    Jeramiposted 11 years ago

Q  What will christian do in heaven?

A  The same thing everyone else will be doing!  The same thing they were doing before we came here.

You can never tell a lie in Heaven

If I wanted to make love to a woman on cloud 9, would I go to hell for it?

1. Jerami profile image59
        Jeramiposted 11 years agoin reply to this

You can never tell a lie in Heaven ...  don't know?
        If we had a car in heaven ??  and we said that that red car was green?
        Maybe it would then be green  I don't know?

If I wanted to make love to a woman on cloud 9, would I go to hell for it?

Quite posible .. I made love to a woman here on earth one upon a time ...and my life immediately turned to hell!  LOL

Making love to a women has been my closest experience to heaven, there is a good chance you are not doing it right.

1. Jerami profile image59
            Jeramiposted 11 years agoin reply to this

No  that wasn't it.

More about WHO  I do it right with.  HA

11. profile image0
    Motown2Chitownposted 11 years ago

This one will eat whatever she wants without gaining weight or being concerned about my health...will read every book ever written without having to worry about someone knocking on the door in the middle of the best part...will sleep as long as I want whenever I want...have immediate access to God anytime I want it...find out the answer to every question I've ever had (especially the ones that began with WHY)...and lastly, spend every minute in the presence of the One who created and redeemed me - with no worries that my worshiping Him will be politically incorrect.

1. Cagsil profile image69
      Cagsilposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Really? Eat will you? Why? And, as far as the weight concern? Every rendition and even mystical teachings says you return  to your youthful prime. Health will no longer be a concern? Or will it?
      You think there are books to read?
      Sleep? You really think you're going to sleep?
      This would be a given wouldn't it.
      This isn't too difficult to do now. lol
      Well, this is a given too.

But, thank you for the laugh. I needed one today. lol

12. mischeviousme profile image61
    mischeviousmeposted 11 years ago

Same thing non-christians will do... nothing.

13. kuttingxedge profile image72
    kuttingxedgeposted 11 years ago

Scripture talks about the inhabitants of Heaven being in complete satisfaction at the closeness to God. We (myself included)  will not be looking for things to do. Being that all of Creation is under His jurisdiction, there is nowhere we wouldn't be able to go, nothing we wouldn't be able to do. Not to mention the 1000 years reign of New Jerusalem that will sit on a completely changed Earth. It will be a new world to explore. Exciting times!

What part of that doesn't sound like wishful thinking? You have to have a bible to tell you how to act like a decent person, instead of being a naturally caring humanbeing. As if you'll be punished if you think for yourself and any parent that doesn't just naturally instill morals (ten commandments), is probably not fit to be a parent. If you need the bible to tell you that you shouldn't steal, then you probably have no automatic moral responses and that's a problem.

1. kuttingxedge profile image72
        kuttingxedgeposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I think you were confused about the question. It wasn't "If Christian respond to a question about Heaven, what do you say to try to demoralize someone's faith?"
        Find someone else to argue with please. Thank you.

You chose to react to it, you didn't have to reply... Did you? And if you had an analytical mind, you wouldn't be a christian... Nor would you perpetuate the stupidity us normal folks listen to. So if you ask the question, don't get defensive when you get an answer.

2. Chris Neal profile image79

Okaaayyyy,

but the question that begs to be asked is, why can't someone who reads and studies and lives the Bible be thinking for themselves?

Because it's taught as empirical truth and much of it can't be applied to people that don't think that way... Many christians become christians out of desperation, the rest are too young, troubled or stupid to contest it. Then, when their nice and indoctrinated, christians do nothing but spread the poison. I could understand if the modern bible were the original version, but it's not and you've been told different, by people who are less educated or twice as insecure.

Wow. You're not biased at all, are you?

Do you think for yourself or did you simply parrot  that from Dawkins? Because those are the points that he teaches as empirical truth, and many people simply mouth them without giving them any real thought.

My point is, it works both ways. You haven't known enough real Christians in your life (by coincidence or by choice) or you wouldn't make such sweeping judgements. And that's exactly what that was.

14. Michael Jon profile image61
    Michael Jonposted 11 years ago

It's a mystery to me as to what I'll be doing in heaven but I sure am looking forward to seeing heaven, especially the part that is beyond the stars.

15. Druid Dude profile image60
    Druid Dudeposted 11 years ago

Sensory Deprivation Tank.  I'd rather be sky-diving.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)